但我实话说 我不喜欢以这种方式来这儿
But if I'm being honest, I don't like how we got here.
做你搭档一定很痛苦吧
Must have been hell to be your partner on the job.
没有 你可以问他们
Nah. You could ask them.
喜欢受关注的人
Guys who like the spotlight
不介意受到万众瞩目
don't mind putting themselves on the spot.
我不是这种人 - 他们
I don't like the spotlight. - They get antsy
如果不被关注就会焦虑
if they've been out of the spotlight.
所以他们会挑起些事
So they start something.
而他们周围的人都会被关注
And everyone around them is pinned in that spotlight.
别对自己这么苛刻
Aw, don't be so hard on yourself.
你非常清楚自己在干什么
You knew damn well what you were doing.
我里子是个警♥察♥
Hey, I'm a cop at heart.
我做了警♥察♥该做的
I did what a cop does.
一个潜意识里需要关注度的警♥察♥
A cop who subconsciously needs the spotlight.
你就看出这些吗
That's all you got?
酒吧里的弗洛伊德
Barstool Freud?
不
No.
不止这个
That's not all I got.
我想感谢你这么多年为城市做的贡献
I want to respect your many years of service to this city
还有警♥察♥们对你的爱戴和忠诚
and the affection and loyalty you command from our police.
所以我接受你的辞呈 而不是解雇你
So I'll accept your resignation instead of firing you.
你可以出去凭自己意愿做事
You can go out under your own steam.
很乐意通过Garrett与你沟通
Happy to coordinate through Garrett.
你们可以自己掌舵了
You guys take the wheel.
我很感激
I appreciate that.
但我也想尊重那些选你
But I want to respect the majority of citizens
当市长的市民
who elected you
还有你作为市长取得的积极成就 所以...
and your positive accomplishments as mayor, so...
我将恭敬地拒绝您的提议
I will respectfully decline your offer.
你想让我解雇你吗
You want me to fire you?
不是 而且你不想解雇我
No. And you don't want to fire me.
你也不想我递辞呈
And you don't want me to resign.
我刚说我想了
I just said I did.
不 市长大人 想想下一步吧
No. Mr. Mayor, think through the next step.
什么下一步
What next step?
我的接替者
My replacement.
你因为局长逮捕了一个
Who are you gonna get to step in for the PC you fired
当街危害他人的罪犯
for arresting a guy
就解雇了他 谁会接替做这个局长呢
who was threatening a woman on our streets.
有的是人呢
It's a pretty long list.
是 但是前20的候选人会高声赞美您
Yeah, and the top 20 men and women will sing your praises
然后说自己晚上有点忙
and then say they're busy that night.
你真把自己看得太重了
You sure think a lot of yourself.
不是关于我 或者是他们考虑到我...
It's not about me or... deference to me.
是事关他们自己的位子
It's about their own asses.
是他们怕注定要失败
It's about not being set up to fail.
你又不知道
You don't know that.
我当然知道
Oh, yeah, I do know that.
圈子里像我这样的人屈指可数
There's only a handful of people who do what I do on this scale.
他们可是有小道消息的
And they got a grapevine.
你散播出去的吗
You poisoned the well?
没有 绝对没有
No. Not at all.
但我们这点事
But this thing of ours...
我们这点事人尽皆知
this thing of ours is out there for all to see,
你想找的那些人 都看着呢
and the ones you'd want, they've been watching.
出现了 Frank的神奇比喻
有了孩子的夫妇
Married couple with kids.
他们爱孩子但不那么爱彼此
They love their kids, but each other not so much.
他们是好人 但却如水火不容
They're good people, but oil and water together,
所以他们要离婚
so they agree to separate.
说什么呢 - 就像我说的
What? - Like I said,
人是好人 也爱孩子
good people, love their kids,
所以他们不会对孩子说另一个人的坏话
so one doesn't bad-mouth the other to the kids.
在有监护权的周末
One doesn't slash the other's tires
也不会去破坏对方的轮胎
the weekend they have custody.
你出去行吗
Just go.
好
Okay.
感谢您倾听
Thanks for hearing me out.
你把市民和警♥察♥比作
You comparing the citizens and the cops of this city
离婚家庭的孩子 你觉得会有什么结果
to kids in a divorce, how do you think that's gonna play?
我完全不希望有后果
I hope it doesn't play at all.
我打赌你会的
I'll bet you do.
Chicken双关
我没有耍花招
I was not playing chicken.
听起来你有
Sounds like you were.
我没有
Well, I wasn't.
歇后语,后一句是"那就是鸭子" Duck双关
如果走路像鸭子 说话像鸭子
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.
那就一定是鸡了
Then it's definitely a chicken.
爷爷 不帮忙吗
Pop, little help here?
那更像是鸭子 曾祖父 不是鸡
That's more of a duck, Grandpa, not a chicken.
行吧 大明白 鸡怎么叫
Okay, wise guy, what's a chicken sound like?
鸡更像是... 像...
A chicken is more like a... like a...
我听着更像
Sounds more
是海豹 - 是 像受伤的海豹
like a seal to me. - Yeah, like a wounded seal
在被灌肠
getting an enema.
抱歉 我也不知道怎么就说出来这话了
I'm sorry, I have no idea where that came from.
好吧
Okay.
最起码很准确
It was accurate, at least. Hey!
行了 大家闹够了吗
Okay, is everyone finished with this now?
嗯 不说了
Yes, we're finished.
结果出来了
And the verdict is in.
他绝对是在耍花招
He was definitely playing chicken.
胡说八道
Ridiculous!
一个非常危险的花招
A dangerous game of chicken
很有可能就失败了
and one you could have lost.
那我们该何去何从
And then where would we be?
拜托 我知道会成功的 行吗
Hey, I just knew it would work out, okay?
你不知道 你只是认为
You didn't know that. You thought that.
充其量是有根据的猜测 - 是的
An educated guess, at best. - Yeah.
市长很可能会罢免你 说实话
The mayor could have fired you, and frankly, I'm...
我很惊讶他居然没有
I'm surprised he didn't.
好吧
Okay.
但想要生活过得好 是要为了你真正在乎的事
But a life well lived is one where you risk everything
冒一定风险的
for what really matters to you.
我为何觉得这句话
Why do I feel like that
是单说给我听的呢
was specifically directed towards me?
不是
It wasn't.
我有权保持沉默
此对话我要行使第五修正案权利
I'm gonna take the Fifth on this conversation.
我不知道
I have no idea
在说什么
what's going on.
第五修正案权
The Fifth.
行使第五修正案权
Take the Fifth.
嗯 别看我
Yeah, do not look at me.
我还没从灌肠的事里缓过来呢
I'm still recovering from that whole enema thing.
你真的想让我唤你出庭
Do you really want me to put you on the stand
然后交叉问询吗
and cross-examine you?
不 我不想 - 那到底怎么回事
No, I do not. - Okay. So what's going on?
或许你要看看餐垫下面
Maybe you should look under your placemat.
不知道有什么
Wonder what could be there.
"Erin Reagan 竞选 曼哈顿地区检察官"
"Erin Reagan for Manhattan District Attorney."
从哪来的 - 谁干的
Where'd that come from? - Who did this?
别看我
Don't look at me.
不知道谁干的 - 我真不知道
Wonder who did that. - I don't know, really.
我还是啥也不知道
Still no idea.
不过听起来不错
Although it does have a nice ring to it.
是啊 是有点
Yeah. Little bit.
听起来还行
Little bit of a nice ring.
都赞同吗
All in favor?
同意
Aye.
我只是帮了个忙
I'm just an accomplice.
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表