剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表
Hey, Dad. Can you drive me to Ann's?
老爸 能送我去Ann家吗
N-n-n-
不
YYes. Great. I'll wait in the car.
好吧 太好了 我在车里等你
I don't think that worked.
我觉得这个主意未必管用
Meanwhile, Gob went to check on
与此同时 Gob去找那个
the one friend who didn't mind having him around.
不嫌弃他的真心朋友了
Get your loser hand out of my ass.
你丫放开你的脏手
Hello, Son. Oh, Dad. I thought Dad?
嘿 儿子 老爸 我以为 你怎么在这
This is where you've been hi- Michael.
你就一直藏在这里 是Michael这家伙
I just came back because of your mother.
我是为了你母亲回来的
She's with my brother on my anniversary.
她居然要和我弟弟庆祝结婚纪念日
But I got an idea from George Michael.
但是George Michael让我明白一个道理
I need to recommit myself to your mother.
我必须重新赢回你母亲的爱
Her? But you gotta get me into that party.
赢回她 你必须想办法让我混进派对
Then you gotta take me to this church.
然后把我带到这个教堂
I found this brochure that Ann left behind.
我在Ann留下的宣传册上发现的
That's gonna be tough. I'm not really all that invited.
这不好办 他们都没邀请我
I got it all worked out, but I need a limousine.
我都计划好了 就差一辆豪华轿车
L- I can do this, Dad. I'm gonna make you proud.
我能解决 您一定会为我骄傲的
Never too late to start.
只要开始 永远不晚
And Michael drove to Ann's house,
Michael来到Ann的家
where he finally got to meet Ann's parents.
终于见到Ann的父母了
This is my father, Pastor Terry Veal.
这是我父亲 Terry Veal牧师
Hello. Oh, Pastor. I didn't know. You didn't tell me.
你好 牧师 你怎么没跟我提过
I told you. No, you didn't.
我说过的 你没有
People treat you so differently
人们知道你是神职人员
when they find out you're a man of God.
总会对你区别对待
Oh, believe me, I know.
没人比我更清楚了
Oh, are you a churchgoing man?
你经常去教堂吗
I am.
是的
Sometimes. Yes. I don't go religiously.
有时候吧 我没那么虔诚
I mean, I'm not a nut about it.
我是说没那么痴迷
Because there is no such thing
我觉得没有比宗教信仰
as a nut when it comes to religion, Pastor.
更让人如此痴迷其中的了 牧师
I've met a few.
我的确见过一些
I'm sure if you look a bit
如果你再仔细些观察
closer you'll find some very earnest people...
会发现一些十分狂热的信徒
that are just doing their best.
真的是全身心投入
What are you doin', Dad? I'm not sure.
你说什么呢 老爸 我也不确定
Why don't you kids run along and
你俩小孩去溜达一会儿
let us get to know each other a bit better? Thank you.
让我们俩好好认识认识 好吗
Maybe I should get my wife. Honey. Okay.
我去叫我的妻子 亲爱的 好的
This is George Michael's father.
这是George Michael的父亲
This is your wife. Didn't- Didn't realize you could remarry.
这是你妻子 原来你还能二婚啊
What? Is this Ann's mother?
什么 这是Ann的母亲吗
I'm Mrs. Veal. I'm sorry. I just
我是Veal太太 不好意思
I did not expect somebody so young.
你看起来太年轻了
Next you're gonna say how Ann and I can be sisters.
然后你会说我和Ann像姐妹
No, I'd never say that.
不 我不这么认为
Listen, I'm here because...
我此行的目的是告诉你们
I think my son might be planning
我认为我儿子打算
on asking your daughter to get pre-engaged.
向你们的女儿预求婚
Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh.
天啊 天啊
Well, that is something to celebrate.
这太值得庆祝了
Can we open up some sparkling apple cider?
来点发泡苹果酒如何
No. Oh, did you want us to go down to the liquor store...
不 还是我们去给你买♥♥一些
and get you some liquor?
真正的烈酒
No. Don't you think they're a bit too young?
不是这个意思 你不觉得他们太年轻了吗
Oh, we got serious around his age.
我俩当年就差不多这年纪
Who can blame you? You gotta lock that down.
如此尤物 当然要先下手为强
But I'm not quite sure that they're ready.
但我不确定他俩准备好了
Michael, in my experience,
以我的经验来说
there is no recipe for a perfect match.
世上没有所谓的天生一对
It takes the love of two families.
只要两个家庭互相关爱
Well, you haven't met my family.
那是你还没见过我家人
And that's when Michael devised
此时Michael想到了
a new plan to win the Veals' disapproval.
让Veal一家反对婚事的办法
You haven't met my family.
你还没见过我家人
You should meet my family.
你应该见见他们
We're gonna be having an anniversary party.
我们要开个结婚纪念派对
What a wonderful surprise.
多么美妙惊喜啊
We would love to witness a celebration of their love.
我们很乐意去祝福他们的爱情
That would be a wonderful surprise.
那绝对够"惊喜"的
But he did want a little bit of insurance.
他要确保事情万无一失
Hey, Gob. Mom wants Franklin at the party.
Gob 老妈想让Franklin参加派对
Yeah. What?
没错 你说什么
No, no, no. I don't want to talk- Hey, Franklin.
不 我不想和他说话 你好 Franklin
Lucille was setting up for the anniversary party...
Lucille在为了派对忙碌着
that she didn't expect her husband to attend.
她可没想到她丈夫会来
Where's the food? Sorry. Just stuffing the mushroom.
食物在哪里 不好意思 蘑菇不太塞
You realize that's Tobias, don't you?
你知道那是Tobias 对吧
If he's gonna raid my closet, he's gonna work for it.
要是敢碰我的衣服 他就死定了
What happened to his ankle?
他脚脖子怎么了
Tobias had attempted an entrance...
Tobias试图以惊艳亮相的方式
that he hoped would enchant his daughter.
让他女儿为他着迷
We shan't be telling your mother this, shan't we?
侬不得告诉你妈妈 晓得伐
Maybe you can point out to
你去提醒你妈妈
your mother that your father hasn't arrived yet.
你老爸压根没出现
Hmm. So, my father's not here.
我老爸不在这儿啊
Maybe he is.
或许你♥爸♥在
Ann just called. They had a predawn mass,
Ann刚打来电♥话♥ 说有个祷告会
and then they're gonna go to mass, so-
他们要先去参加 所以
Well, Ann's got a great deal of mass.
Ann真够麻烦的啊
Anyway, I hope that the Veals like us.
总之 我希望Veal一家喜欢我们
Why don't you go top off your Gangy? Thanks.
你先去给奶奶灌点酒精吧
Wait a minute. You invited the Veals?
等会儿 你邀请了Veal一家
Only so that they'll disapprove of us.
只有让他们觉得我们很不靠谱
I gotta kill this pre-engagement somehow.
才能把这个预订婚扼杀在摇篮里
And after Mom's second vodka,
等老妈喝完第二杯伏特加
and after Buster's second juice box...
Buster喝完第二杯果汁
they're gonna forbid Ann from even seeing my son...
他们绝对会禁止Ann再见我儿子
much less taking his ring, and I'm still the good guy.
更别提接受他的婚戒了 而我也不用当坏人
So the devout religious family- they're the bad guys?
这么说你让虔诚的教♥徒♥背黑锅喽
You'll understand when Maeby starts getting proposals.
等有人向Maeby求婚时你就明白了
Actually, Maeby had given two that day.
事实上 Maeby当天向别人求了两次婚
I'm sorry. I can't read what you wrote on this buck slip.
不好意思 我看不懂你备忘条上写的什么
You've got the handwriting of a 15-year-old.
你的字就像15岁的小孩子
Fifteen-year-old. Marry me!
15岁 怎么可能 娶我吧
Hey, I'm almost done with that coverage.
那个课程的报告我快搞定了
I can bring it to you tonight.
我今晚就能给你
Are you still at the Balboa Towers?
你还住在巴波亚塔那边吗
Maeby had used her grandmother's address...
Maeby为了不让家里人怀疑
so as not to arouse suspicion at home.
一直用的都是她奶奶的地址
This required convincing the
但得让保安相信
guard she was several years younger than her age.
她保养有方 看起来很年轻
Boy, you get a lot of mail from that movie studio.
那个电影工作室给你寄来好多信啊
I write a lot of letters to movie stars.
因为我给电影明星写了好多信
You seem a little old for that. Babysit me.
这把年纪了还追星 要你管
That place seems so old for you.
那个地方很不适合你
I'll send Dr. Epstein your compliments.
我就当好话听吧
And may I add, marry me. Okay.
顺便问下 要娶我吗 好吧
And Maeby realized she might be in need of a new deflection.
Maeby意识到需要一个新的转移话题的方式了
Hi, Mrs. Veal. Welcome.
欢迎你 Veal太太
Mom, this is Ann's mother.
妈 这是Ann的母亲
Are you sure this isn't her sister?
你确定不是她姐姐
What a lovely thing to say.
您可真会说话
That's an awful thing to say, Mom. Please.
妈 这么说话可不好
I'm so eager to meet your husband.
很期待见见您的丈夫
Yeah. Dad escaped from prison. Did you not know that?
我爸越狱了 你不知道这事吗
In fact, George Sr. Had just been picked up by his son.
事实上 老George的儿子开车去接他了
剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表