剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表
Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything...
这是关于一个原本富足的家庭 失去了一切
and the one son who had no choice...
其中一个孩子别无选择
but to keep them all together.
不得不撑起这个家的故事
It's Arrested Development.
欢迎收看<发展受阻>
Michael Bluth had scheduled a meeting with Stan Sitwell...
Michael Bluth约好要与Stan Sitwell见面
the Bluth Company's chief competitor.
他是布鲁斯公♥司♥的头号♥竞争者
Why are we having this meeting at home?
为毛要在家里见面
Let him see he's not the
让他看看他并不是唯一
only one who builds solid houses, you know?
一个能建造出坚固建筑的建筑商 懂吗
I think he'll be pretty impressed, knock on wood.
他一定会大吃一惊的 敲敲咱家的木头
In fact, Michael was meeting
事实上 Michael是受他逃亡老爹
at home at the behest of his fugitive father.
之命 才安排在家里见面的
...knock on wood.
...敲敲看哦
Don't you find the timing of this meeting a little suspicious?
咱们公♥司♥要和他们公♥司♥打垒球友谊赛了 恰好选在
Right before we play his company in softball?
这之前见面 你不怀疑这其中有猫腻吗
No, no. Our business is in trouble,
别多想 我们家族的生意现在不景气
and I think he sees an opportunity.
我想他可能是看到了商机
So, I figured the guy's a family man, why not invite him over...
而且我发现他是个顾家好男人 不如邀请他来
let him see us in our element.
让他看看我们家人间的气氛是多么和谐
I hope you don't mean the whole family...
我希望你说的不是"全部"家人
cause George Michael's off with Ann. Ann?
George Michael屁颠屁颠地跟着Ann出去了 Ann吗
Hmm. That'll play well with Sitwell.
嗯 这一点也可以对着Sitwell好好发挥发挥
"Where's your son?" "He's out with Ann."
"你儿子呢" "和Ann出去了"
"Who's Ann?" "Don't ask me, I'm just the boy's father."
"Ann是谁" "不晓得啊 儿大不由爹啊"
Hey, screw Sitwell! He comes in here telling us...
去他妈的Sitwell 他一来这儿就开始大放厥词
how to build our houses, how to raise our kids.
胡乱指导我们怎么盖房♥子 怎么养孩子
We know what we're doing. We don't need any help from him.
我们很清楚该怎么做 不需要他在这儿瞎扯淡
Damn it. This thing got pushed in again.
靠 这玩意儿又卡进去了
Gonna need a butter knife. That's what I'm talking about.
我需要个黄油刀 我正想说这个
George Michael's got these
George Michael有你要的这种
powerful little fingers. He should be here.
强大的小东西 他应该呆在这儿的
How do you think I feel?
你考虑过我的感受吗
He is the one who said he would help me on this essay...
他说过要帮我写作业的...
for The Old Man and the Sea. I'll help you with that later.
<老人与海>的读后感 到时候我帮你
Oh, great. Okay. So you have to read this, and then explain it...
哦 太棒了 你要先读完作品 然后对文本进行解读
and, this is important, say it in my own words, okay?
还有 一定一定要记住 要模仿我的说话方式写
Smart, but not too smart. Let's have a four-syllable max.
要聪明 但不要太过 不要使用超过四个音节的单词
Do you wanna say something or should I, Tobias?
Tobias 对此你没有什么要说的吗
No. I believe in letting
此言差矣 我觉得让孩子
children learn from their mistakes, Michael.
在错误中自我反省是最好的 Michael
They make a mistake once, they shan't make it twice.
他们有了前车之鉴 自然就不会再犯相同的错误
Oh, here I go!
就当我没说
Don't worry. It has not fallen into the garage. Knock on wood.
别担心 冰箱还没陷到车♥库♥那里 敲敲木头
You gonna want to help me with that?
你能帮我处理一下这个麻烦吗
No, I can't. I have an audition tomorrow.
我爱莫能助啊 明天我有个试镜
I'm up for a minor, but meaty, role in a feature film.
一个剧情片里的角色 虽然戏份很少 但是相当丰满
"Confidence Man Two." Oh,
"骗子二" 哦
yeah? I didn't see the first Confidence Man.
真的吗 但是我还没看过<骗子一>啊
No. Confidence Man Two is my character.
你跑偏了 我角色的名字叫"骗子二"
I think I'll drive up today and plot my route to the studio.
我想今天就出发 探探去试镜室的路
How 'bout I come with you? I could help you prepare.
要不我陪你一起去 我能帮着做些准备工作
Yes, well, it's for a con man,
你有心了 但是我不觉得
which I don't think you know anything about.
你会对"骗子"这个类型有什么了解和想法
And besides, don't you have school?
还有 你不用去上学吗
No. Um- Today is "Help Your Dad Follow His Dream" Day.
今天不用 今天是"帮助老爸追梦日"
Great. We can take the carpool lane.
那准了 我们拼车去吧
I need ice. I'm glad Sitwell's coming over.
我需要点冰块 我很高兴Sitwell要来了
Let him see that we're doing fine as a family.
让他睁大双眼看看我们的家庭多么团结一致
The only help we need is from each other.
一致到我们只需要自己人的帮助
And apparently whatever's in that bottle.
也让他见识见识那瓶子里装的东西
Thanks for reminding me.
谢谢提醒我
My Teamocil. Wait a minute. Teamocil?
展示我的团结药丸 什么 团结药丸
Isn't that that supplement that you
这不是你和Tobias曾经做过担♥保♥的药剂么
and Tobias were hocking before the F.D.A. shut you down?
后来食品药品监督管局勒令你们停工了
In the mid '90s, Tobias formed a folk band...
在90年代中期 Tobias组建了一个民谣乐队
to promote a supplement that promised better unity and teamwork.
专门给这种声称能促进团结精神的药物做广♥告♥
Teamocil Teamocil may decrease your sex drive.
团结药丸 本药可能会导致您的性♥欲♥下降
Teamocil Good job, buddy. Thanks, friend.
大家来买♥♥团结药丸哟 做得好 谢啦
Since I've been taking this again,
自从我再次服用它以后
I've been getting along great with my husband.
我的夫妻生活变得和睦多了
You're taking it for the side effect, aren't you?
你吃这个药就是为了它的副作用 是吧
Michael. Oh God.
Michael 哦 又来了
Mother, not a good time. I'm having a meeting here.
老妈 现在我没空 一会儿有个会面
Look at what Buster sent from the army. It's blacked out.
看看Buster从军队里寄来什么 被打马赛克了
Oh, the government. Keep reading.
政♥府♥干的 给我们念念
"Sergeant Blank is treating me very blank...
"某中士对我可那个啥了
And it looks like I'll
貌似我要被送到某个地方
be shipping off to blank in about a blank.
待上个多少天
I blank you, Mother. Buster." I've done everything I can.
我什么什么你 妈妈 Buster" 我已经尽力了
I even tried to convince them he's gay,
我甚至试着让他们相信他是个同性恋
but no one would believe...
但是没人相信
that a woman like me would have a gay son.
有我这样一个性感老妈 我儿子还会去喜欢男人
Well, you certainly tried.
可不是 您做的还真不少
You guys wore matching outfits till he was 12.
你们俩到他12岁时还穿情侣装
Even once on a magazine cover...
还上了杂♥志♥封面
that had been mocked within the family for years.
让我们家白白被嘲笑了很多年
Lucille, l-I'll say it again.
Lucille 我再说一遍
You never know what's going to happen in the army.
在军队里发生什么事都不足为奇
Remember, Lucille? No, I don't.
有没有想起什么 Lucille 什么也没有
Get me a vodka, rocks. Mom, it's breakfast.
给我来杯伏特加 加冰去水 拜托老妈 现在是早餐时间
And a piece of toast. Please, Stan Sitwell's coming over.
再来一片吐司 求您了 一会儿Stan Sitwell就要来咱家了
That hairless freak is coming here?
那个秃毛老怪要来咱家了吗
None ofhis hair is real, you know.
他全身上下的毛发都是人工的
You mean the guy we're meeting
也就是说我们要见的这个人对自己
with can't even grow his own hair? Come on!
的毛发都无能为力 那他来干甚
It's called alopecia, and I'd
人家不有病么 俗称秃头症
appreciate it if we could all be sensitive to it, okay?
所以大家不要戳别人的痛点 好吗
He happens to be a very
他人蛮不错的
modest and generous man. Modest and generous?
谦虚而且为人慷慨 谦虚 还 为人慷慨
Then why is he always waving
那他为什么老是拿着一张一千万
giant $10 million checks over his head...
的支票张牙舞爪
every time some Go ahead, Mom. Finish your thought.
每当一些 你接着说 妈妈 说下去
"Every time some children's hospital needs funding"?
"每当一些儿童医院需要资金援助的时候"
Nonetheless, we could get a giant checkbook too.
反正我们也能写大额支票
We're just not that starved for attention.
我们只是比较低调而已
And later, Sitwell laid out his plans.
过了一会儿 Sitwell 说出了他的计划
Sorry that my son couldn't be here Let me guess. Girlfriend.
抱歉我儿子没能来 能理解嘛 到了泡妞的年龄
You know, it could be worse. He could wanna marry your mother.
哎呦 或许更糟 他也许想娶你的老妈当老婆
Oh, I'm sorry. Is your family not laughing at that yet?
我失礼了 你们家还没从这个"畸恋"阴影里走出来吗
Okay. Let me tell you what I'm offering.
好了 下面我们来谈谈正事
You got a wonderful piece of property here that's going nowhere.
你有一片相当了不起的不动产
So what I propose is a
所以我想和贵公♥司♥
co-venture with your Sudden Valley Development.
合作开♥发♥"急急山谷"这个项目
The first thing you might wanna change though is the name.
当然你的当务之急是改名字
You know, Sudden Valley conjures up the image of a sinkhole, no?
"急急山谷"这个名字 会让人联想到便便的地方
I told that to Dad. I told that to my dad.
确实 当时我就向我老爸建议过
I'm thinking- Paradise Gardens.
我觉得可以起- 天堂花♥园♥
I swear to God, I have that written-
我发誓 当时我连名字都想好了
I want you to see so you don't
我要让你看看 这样你就不必费心再想了
think- I have that written down in my notebook.
我都把名字写到了笔记本上了
When George Sr. Was in charge...
当George先生还是一把手的时候
he had a habit of shooting down any idea Michael came up with.
他习惯性地拒绝Michael提出的任何想法
And Sudden Valley just sort of implies
"急急山谷" 怎么说呢 会让人联想到
that something awful could happen all of a sudden.
一些突发性恶性事件
Plus, it's on a hill.
还有 我们的项目是建在山顶的
What are you taking, stupid pills? Come on.
你吃错药了吧 别发神经了
Save us some money.
别败家了啊
This was a management tool that he used to keep Michael...
这是他的惯用伎俩 来激励Michael为了他的认可
working for his approval. That was a hard one to say no to.
而不断努力 刚才那个提议拒绝起来真难啊
The only thing I ask is out of the 450 homes we build...
我唯一的要求是要在我们建的450所新房♥中
剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表