剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表
in one of the greatest illusions ever!
成就最为伟大的魔术表演
This all about getting into Poof?
这都是为了上
I mean, how does that not get me a cover?
我说 这样的魔术还不足以让我上封面吗
Buster!
是Buster
We can't tell him about this!
我们不能告诉他这件事情
I think the boy's been lied to enough.
我觉得我们对他撒的谎够多了
You weren't here for the parakeet, Oscar.
那只小鹦鹉死的时候你没在 Oscar
As a child, Buster had a beloved parakeet...
Buster小时候有一只非常喜欢的小鹦鹉
who, after landing on their housekeeper Rosa's wig, flew away...
在管家Rosa出门倒垃圾的时候停在了她的假发上
when she took out the trash and into a transformer. -
飞走了后撞到了高压线上
When Buster found out, he destroyed the family's kitchen...
当Buster发现了这件事 他彻底摧毁了家里的厨房♥
believing this to be where Rosa lived.
他以为Rosa就住在那
Whoa. What are you doing home?
哇 你回家干吗
The army had half a day.
部队里放了半天假
Are you guys planning a party? Yes.
你们在策划派对吗 是的
It's your father's birthday,
是你父亲的生日
which, coincidentally, is... my birthday.
也恰巧是我的生日
Because you're twins.
因为你们是双胞胎
Well, I've got some shopping to do.
好了 我得去买♥♥些东西了
George Michael, meanwhile, had just been broken up with...
同时 George Michael刚刚被他的第一个女朋友
by his first girlfriend...
给甩了
and was on his way home.
正走在回家的路上
And he went to his father for comfort. Dad?
他去找他的父亲寻求慰藉 爸
I've got some bad news.
我有个坏消息
What? What? Is Ann telling everyone?
什么 什么 Ann告诉所有人了吗
It's your grandfather.
是你爷爷
Apparently, he's dead. Are you okay?
他去世了 你还好吗
Yeah. Yeah, I think so.
嗯 还好
Uh, I'm sorry. What were you saying about Ann?
呃 不好意思 你刚说Ann怎么来着
George Michael didn't
George Michael不想
want to burden his father with his break-up.
他的分手再给他父亲增加负担了
Nothing. I just- I broke up with her. It's no big deal.
没什么 我刚跟她分手了 没什么大不了的
Really? Yeah.
真的吗 嗯
Are you okay? Me? I'm great.
你还好么 我 我很好
Yeah? I'm great.
是么 我很好
Good. Yeah. She wasn't for us.
那就好 她也不适合我们
No, she's- she's a great girl.
没 她是个很好的女孩
For those other guys. You think there are other guys?
对其他男生来说 你是说我还有情敌吗
I don't know what I'm saying. Come here.
我不知道我在说什么 来抱一个
Hey, Brother.
嘿 大哥
You wanted to see me? Buster, yeah.
你找我 是的 Buster
I need you to help me with this illusion I'm working on.
我想找你在我这个新魔术里帮点忙
Oh, for Dad's birthday.
哦 为了爸的生日
Yeah. For Dad's birthday.
对 为了爸的生日
So, look, I'm gonna get in this coffin.
看着 我进到这个棺材里之后
What I'm gonna need you to do is to spin it around...
需要你把这个棺材转几个圈
to show everybody that there's no trap door.
给大家展示这个棺材没有暗门
Then I'm gonna escape out the trap door.
然后我会从这个暗门里逃出来
Ooh! You close the trap door...
哦 你接着关上这个暗门
bring in the pallbearers and bury an empty box.
把抬棺人带进来 然后埋了这个空箱子
So it's a hoax.
所以这是个骗局
But why are you doing a coffin trick on Dad's birthday?
但是你为什么要在爸的生日派对上表演一个棺材魔术呢
Black humor.
这叫黑色幽默
Say, "Hey, Dad, look at you. You're... A year older...
就好像说 "爸 看看你 又老了一岁
and a year closer to death."
离死又近了一年"
Oh, yeah, I guess that's kinda funny.
哦 是 我想是有点意思
Okay, but you have to do a favor for me.
好 但你得帮我个忙
I'm not really in the army, and I told Mom I was...
我其实并没有去部队当兵 我跟妈说我去了
but I can't go to a family event without an army uniform.
这样我就得穿军装参加家庭聚会了
Oh, yeah. I used to be a stripper.
哦 也是 我原来当过脱衣舞男
Strippers don't wear clothes.
脱衣舞男又不♥穿♥衣服的
Not at the end of the show.
要穿了才能脱啊
You mean, you can wear stripper clothes when you're not stripping?
你是说 不跳脱衣舞的时候也可以穿脱衣舞装吗
You tell me.
你说呢
George Michael went for a walk in the adjoining lot...
George Michael在家附近散了个步
to grieve both losses in private...
为分手和爷爷逝世独自伤心
and he made an interesting discovery.
结果发现了一个有意思的事情
PopPop? Hide me.
爷爷 掩护我
Don't turn in Pop-Pop. Help Pop-Pop.
不要告发爷爷 帮帮爷爷
George Michael snuck his
George Michael偷偷地
grandfather into the attic and helped him clean up.
把他爷爷带到了阁楼里帮他弄了弄干净
Wow, they're perfect. Years of brushing with Glisten.
哇 你牙齿很好 都是洁白牙膏的功劳
Listen, you can't tell anybody I'm up here.
听着 你不能告诉其他人我在这上面
You have to protect me. Yeah, I know.
你得保护我 嗯 我知道
I just I can't not tell my father. I'm your grandfather.
只是 我没办法瞒着我爸爸 我是你♥爸♥爸的爸爸
I went through hell to get here. He had.
我历经千辛万苦才回到这儿 确实是这样
After being arrested, he
他在被逮捕了之后
found a loophole in the Mexican judicial system.
在墨西哥司法体系中找了个漏洞
I have, uh- I have money.
我有 我有钱
The Mexican authorities...
墨西哥官方
even attempted to fake his funeral...
还尝试办了场假葬礼
although it was a lessthanperfect deception.
尽管结果只是个没那么完美的骗局
Anyway, I was out on the halfway down to Panama,
总之 我在去巴拿马的路上
and I saw something in the local paper.
在当地的报纸上看到了个事情
What he saw was a story...
他看到的是
about his wife giving mouth-to-mouth to a homeless man.
他妻子给一个流浪汉做人工呼吸的故事
But he knew the truth: She was kissing his brother.
但他知道真♥相♥ 她是在亲他的孪生兄弟
Well, I understand what that feels like. I was dumped today.
我大概知道那是什么感觉 我今天被甩了
The bad part is that I can't tell Dad how upset I am about it
最令人伤心的是 我还不能告诉爸爸
because he'll think I should just be upset about you.
因为他觉得我应该只为你的事伤心
He wouldn't be wrong. What?
他是对的 什么
Seems like we're going through the same thing.
看起来我们在经历同样的事情
Why don't we keep each other's secrets? Yeah, okay.
不如我们都为对方保密吧 好吧
Listen, if you pass a mini-mart, Pop-Pop gets a treat?
听着 你去小店的时候记得给爷爷捎点吃的啊
The next morning...
第二天早上...
Michael ran into his son doing something suspicious.
Michael撞到他儿子正在干一件可疑的事情
Moring
早上好
Hi. Where are you goin' with that food?
好 你端着这些吃的去哪
I was just gonna eat some
我正准备
of my grandfather's favorite foods in my room.
去我房♥间吃一点爷爷最喜欢吃的东西
It's the form that my grief is taking.
这是我今天排遣哀思的方式
Okay.
好吧
I think George Michael's hiding Ann in the attic.
我觉得George Michael把Ann藏在阁楼里了
From who, the Nazis?
为了躲谁 纳粹吗
No, his girlfriend, from me.
不是 他的女朋友 当然是躲着我了
I just caught him sneaking up to her in the attic...
我刚逮着他偷偷地溜到阁楼上去
and he clearly did so because he thinks I don't approve.
他这么做显然是因为我不赞同他们在一起
I think I'm gonna invite her to the wake.
我要邀请她来守灵
Why make him hide? Why do to him what- -
他为什么要藏着掖着 难道是我对他做了
Why do to him what Dad used to do to me?
为什么我要像爸爸当初对待我那样对待他呢
He was so amazing.
他是个多好的父亲
That was actually an example of how not so amazing he was.
很不巧刚刚是举例证明他不是一个那么好的父亲
You're really going through something here, huh?
你还真对他的死这么感伤么
I know!
我知道
You know, it's funny- all those years when I pretended to cry...
你说还挺有意思的 这么多年来当我假装要哭的时候
I used to use Dad's death to get me going.
我只有想着爸的死才能哭出来
I tried it with Mom's,
我用妈的死试过
but I'd just end up smiling and ruining it.
结果每次都笑了出来
But it feels, like, real. You know?
但这次感觉是真的 你知道吗
And you haven't really
你还没有真正地
allowed yourself to grieve much at all, Michael.
让你自己为爸的死伤心难过 Michael
My relationship with Dad was
我与爸爸的关系
much more- much more complicated than yours.
要比你们的来得复杂得多
It was predicated a lot on secrets and lies.
我们的关系建立在大量的谎言和秘密上
There wasn't a lot of trust there, you know.
我们之间没多少信任
Here he comes.
这就是他
Here comes John Wayne.
这就是John Wayne
I'm not gonna cry about my pa.
我不会为我父亲哭泣
I'm gonna build an airport, put my name on it.
我要建一座以我命名的机场
Why, Michael? So you can fly away from your feelings?
为什么 Michael 这样你就可以把你的真实感受藏起来了吗
剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表