剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表
one be given to a disadvantaged family from the inner city.
挑一所让本市的一个贫困家庭来住
That's great. So the other 449 families live in fear?
想得挺美 那剩下的449户活该生活在担忧中吗
Is that what we're saying? I mean, come on! Where's your decen-
我们就在讨论这些吗 我是说 拜托 你的...
What the hell just fell off your face?
刚才从你脸上掉下来的是什么鬼东西
One of this guy's eyebrows
他的一个眉毛
fell in the candy beans. I always carry a spare.
掉到糖果盘里了 幸亏我带了备用眉毛
Well, I hope you also carry a spare bowl of candy beans.
很好 我希望你还随身带了个备用果盘
Gob! I'm very impressed with the offer.
Gob 我很喜欢这个提议
I'm gonna run it upstairs, see what kind of reaction it gets.
我要向"楼上"禀报一下 再来断定结果如何
Hmm? So to speak.
什么 先这么说定了
Michael hoped to impress his father.
Michael希望这次能让老爸刮目相看
I think it sounds pretty good.
我觉得这次的提议很不错
Pretty good? It was horrible.
很不错吗 我觉得糟透了
What are you taking, stupid pills again?
你又吃错药了吗
But their old dynamic returned when George Sr. did.
过去的场景再度出现
Gob was the only one down
Gob是唯一能够对付
there who knew how to handle that hairless freak.
秃头老怪的人
Thank God we have Gob on our team. You know, Dad...
感谢上帝 我们的团队有Gob 但是 你很清楚 爸爸
Gob doesn't really do all that much for our team.
Gob游手好闲 根本没怎么出力啊
In fact, I think it's time that I get put back in charge.
事实上 我觉得是时候由我来重掌大权了
Michael, listen to me. Lately, your ideas, they're horrible.
Michael 听爸爸的话 最近你出的尽是些馊主意
And Sitwell's just trying to figure out our batting order...
Sitwell就是想窃取我们在周末
for the softball game on Saturday, I'm telling you.
垒球比赛上球员的出场顺序 相信我
Gob said the same thing, Dad, but l-I doubt that this guy's...
Gob也这么想 老爸 但是他怎么可能傻到
trying to drop $15 million to find out our batting order.
为了一个出场顺序支付1500万刀呢
Hey. This game goes way, way back.
别忘了 君子报仇 十年不晚
It was a fierce rivalry, with George Sr. Using...
那是一场激烈的赛事
everything at his disposal
George先生使用各种小动作
to win No hair. Hey, we got no hair.
来取胜 秃头 嘿 这里有个秃头
While Stan Sitwell used the
而Stan Sitwell想利用这场比赛为
game to raise funds for underprivileged children.
贫困儿童筹集基金
Oh, I think one of your orphans
哦 那不是你资助的孤儿吗
is heading towards the street. Strike three.
怎么朝着街道乱跑 噢噢 出局
You go down there, and you tell him to go screw himself...
你现在就下楼 告诉他去死吧
and apologize to your brother.
然后还要向你哥哥赔不是
We need him on our side, and we need him happy.
我们要哄你哥开心 让他站到我们这边
Where's Sitwell? Sorry. I told him to screw off.
Sitwell呢 抱歉 我让他滚了
But get this, he offered me a job. What?
但是他给了我一个差事 什么
Well, I'm not waiting on my brother. I pass.
我和我弟不在一个战线上 我退出
You look surprised. I'm sorry. I must've put it on too high.
你干嘛这么吃惊 我个老糊涂 把眉毛贴的太靠上了
But you were right. It was a bad
不过那个提议确实不怎样
offer and you were smart enough not to take it.
你很聪明没接受
You got gumption. You speak your mind.
你很有机智 敢于表达自己的看法
That means you're good enough to work for me.
我欣赏你这类人 来为我工作吧
you.
[哗]你
And I accepted. He's waiting for me outside.
恭敬不如从命 他在外边等着我呢
We're gonna swing by his wigmaker.
我们要去造访他的假发师
His "Just woke up" Hair is finally ready.
他"刚刚睡醒"状的假发做好了
You're really gonna do this?
你执意要这么做吗
It's ready, Mike. They're only gonna hold it for 24 hours.
假发都做好了 Mike 人家的保留时间只有一天
Tobias and Maeby, meanwhile,
与此同时 Tobias和他闺女
had mapped the route to the audition.
已经知道到试镜室怎么走了
Well, here we are and home we go...
大功告成 我们要回去了
with plenty of time to get you to English class.
还有很宽松的时间送你上英语课
Wait. You can't do a U-turn on your dream.
等等 有梦想就要一直向前冲
I say, we get you on the lot and get the Feake name out there.
不如我们先到试镜场地 让你的大名出现在那里
Start talking you up around the watercoolers.
就从饮水机旁开始 大胆地剖白你自己吧
Maeby, we'll never get on here.
Maeby 我们永远也到不了那儿的
I mean, behind these walls are the biggest stars in the world.
这层层围墙里住的可是国际性的超级巨星啊
America's treasures.
是美国的财富
Damn it! Dad, you're
靠 爸
auditioning for the part of a confidence man.
你要扮演的可是个骗子
Let's try a little confidence.
咱有点自信成吗
You say confidence man? Hey, I'm up for that part too.
你也要试镜骗子这个角色吗 真巧 我也是
Oh. Good luck to you.
哦 祝你好运
Good luck to you too.
你也是
As Tobias was gaining self-confidence...
当Tobias正在找自信的同时
Michael was struggling to keep his. Hi, Dad.
Michael也在尽力保持自信 嗨 老爸
Wow, you're president again?
你又当上总裁啦
Yes, this is the way it should be.
是的 本来就应该是这样
What do you think of when you hear the words, "Sudden Valley"?
当你听到"急急山谷"这个词时 你想到了什么
Salad dressing, I think.
沙拉酱
But for some reason, I don't wanna eat it.
一个让人没食欲的沙拉酱
Right. But "Paradise Gardens." Yeah.
好的 那"天堂花♥园♥"呢 这个
Okay. I can see marinating a chicken in that.
让我想到腌在卤汁里的鸡
Um, I'm actually here about the softball game.
我来这儿是想谈谈垒球比赛的事
We need some girls on the team, right?
我们需要一些女队员 对吧
Yes, we do. That's a league requirement.
是的 确实 这是联合会的要求
One that was difficult to meet, given Gob's behavior...
因为有Gob这个怪蜀黍 使得去年垒球赛
in the third inning of last year's game.
的第三局中 姑娘们可受了苦
We could stay here, wait for another pop-up.
美眉 我们可以一直抱到下个发球哦
And in the fifth inning. Come on! Yeah, here we go!
在第五局时 加油 拍拍屁屁 打打气
Oh, and before the game.
哦 还有在开赛之前
We lost our entire outfield and a couple of court cases.
去年我们输掉了整个外场 还吃了几场官司
Well, you know who would
嗯,你应该知道合适的人选
be great and not at all litigious is Ann.
且不会打官司的一定就只有Ann了
Mmm, not Ann. No?
嗯Ann吗 不行 不行
'Cause you know this-this game is kind of our thing.
你要知道这场比赛事关家族的荣光
But Ann's amazing. You know, she could play my position.
但是Ann很出色 她可以顶替我的位置
You should be playing the field... there, in right, you know?
你应该打右场 知道吗
Plus, I got Aunt Lindsay playing this year.
而且 今年我已经选了你姑姑Linsay
I can't very well pull her off the roster.
我不忍♥心把她排除在名册之外
Let's make Ann the backup, okay?
那就让Ann当替补吧 好吗
Very good way to think about her... as a backup.
对她来说当...替补最好不过了
She's gonna be so excited. Good.
她一定会高兴死的 那就好
MaybeMaybe now I'll get a kiss. Okay.
也许大概我能得到一个吻作为奖赏 没问题
Oh. I meant from Ann.
我是说得到Ann的吻
Yes, I know. I just want to get in there first.
我知道 我就是想先给你个心理准备
Okay.
谢谢爹
Lindsay, wake up. I need
Lindsay 醒醒 我要你今年
you to play on the softball team this year.
加入我们的垒球队
Lindsay felt the intended effect of Teamocil-
由于团结药丸的药效
a sense of camaraderie. Count me in,
Lindsay心中充满了大爱 我加入
Michael. Happy to help the team.
Michael 我愿意为家族小分队效劳
Great news. I'm back. You just left.
好消息 我回来啦 你不是刚走吗
Yeah, I don't think things are gonna work out with Sitwell.
是的 不过我觉得我和Sitwell合不来
I mean, we picked up his sleepy-head wig, everything was cool.
在我们顺利地拿到他的"刚刚睡醒"状的假发之后
Next thing I know, he's asking me for a bunch of work ideas.
我知道他肯定要问我一大推关于工作的问题
So, I thought I'd just quit and go back to being president here.
我就不想干了 我要回来当总裁
I need to do this job, okay?
我需要这个位置 好吗
I need to prove that I can do this job.
我要证明我能胜任这份工作
To who? To... you.
向谁证明 向 你
Michael, I'm your big brother. I'll never be impressed with you.
Michael 我当大哥好多年了 你从来没有过什么惊人之举
Still. Anyway, look. You can still do it.
到现在还是 你爱干就干吧
I just want the office and my stuffs and title.
我就是想要间办公室 这些办公用品 享受这头衔
What about... if I help you with your work over at Sitwell?
那 如果我帮你和Sitwell的合作呢
You'd do that? Sure.
你会这么做吗 当然
You really want me to succeed at Sitwell.
你真的希望哥哥在Sitwell手下闯出一片天
Well, I just- Hey. Come on.
我只是 嘿 别矫情了
I really want you to be over at Sitwell.
我只是不想在这儿看见你
Lucille was worried that her son
Lucille担心自己的宝贝儿子Buster
Buster was being sent into battle with the army.
会被送往前线打仗
I feel that we've not brought
我觉得我们还没有拿出真正
something up that might be a solution...
可以解决问题的方案
um, to spare my feelings.
嗯 我也不打算要我的老命了
Send you in his place? I called. They don't want you back.
让你替代他 我试过了 人家死都不想要你回去
Oscar had served in Vietnam as a croc spotter on a Swift boat.
Oscar曾在越南战争中当过鳄鱼侦查员
Croc! No, Sorry. Wait. Log.
前方发现鳄鱼 慢着 是个伐木
Just a log. No, wait. Sorry. Croc!
吓死我了 不对 是个大大的鳄鱼
It was there that he met a young U.S.O. Dancer named Lucille.
就是在那儿他遇见了Lucille 美国劳军联合组织的舞蹈演员
剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表