剧集 | 美国犯罪故事(2016) | 导航列表
更多的是指商场不错
That was more of a pro-Marshalls.
那这到底属于情况严重呢 还是属于笑料?
So, was this a serious situation or was this a joking matter?
这是断章取义了
That's one moment out of context.
你是想让她一直说下去吧?
Or were you just trying to keep her talking?
因为那时你已经在录音了
Because by then you were taping.
那是记录
I prefer to call it documenting.
你为何录音...?-我们稍后再问这个吧
Why did you tape her? - We'll get to that in just a little bit.
我是因为需要证据才记录通话的
I documented our phone calls because I knew I needed evidence.
干吗要证据?
Evidence for what?
在我想揭发的时候...
Well, for... so when I came forward...
但这属于个人隐私 -你不理解...
But it was a private matter. - I don't think you comprehend...
这是他俩之间的事 别人无需知道
It was between Monica and the president. No one needed to know.
一个是非常年轻的工作人员
Actually, this was a very young staffer
另一个是位于同一工作场所的政♥府♥首脑
in a workplace with the most senior official in that workplace
而后者所做的事总是让她痛苦不堪
making choices that were causing her severe distress.
她不止一次地对我说过她想自杀
She told me on more than one occasion she wanted to kill herself.
但为了满足私欲
And still, the president
那位美国总统却依然在继续玩弄她
of the United States used her to meet his needs.
这里的强者是他 他的行为是不对的
He had total control. His behavior was unconscionable.
这是在滥用职权
It was an abuse of power.
特里普女士... -我得制止它
Mrs. Tripp... - I had to end it.
我必须得制止它
I had to end it.
特里普女士 当你决定...
Mrs. Tripp, when you chose to...
...开始记录莫妮卡的谈话时
begin documenting Monica,
你曾极为焦虑不安 是吗?
you were under enormous stress, correct?
我很害怕
I was terrified.
我知道 要是我的揭发没有证据
I knew if I came forward with no evidence,
他们会毁了我
they would destroy me.
你说的“他们”是指谁?
When you say "they," Who are you referring to?
比尔·克♥林♥顿♥
Bill Clinton.
还有希拉里·克♥林♥顿♥
And, Hillary Rodham Clinton.
天哪
Man.
总统的律师...
The president's lawyer...
曾在《新闻周刊》上发表声明诽谤我
...had already made a defamatory statement about me in Newsweek.
我当时很肯定自己会在琼斯一案里作证
I was sure I was going to be subpoenaed in the Paula Jones case.
如果我说出实话 我想肯定会丢了饭碗
I felt, if I told the truth under oath, I would lose my job.
或更惨
Or worse.
你认为 假如你在琼斯一案里作证...
You thought if you told the truth in the Paula Jones case...
我怕自己根本去不了
I was afraid I wouldn't even get the chance.
你是说 你可能会被杀掉吗?
Are you... are you saying you thought you would be killed?
是的
Yes.
为什么
Why?
我的这种害怕是有根据的
I have what I consider well-founded fears...
这届政♥府♥什么事都做得出来
of what this administration is capable of.
能举个例子吗?
Can you give an example?
我有理由相信
I have, reason to believe
对于文斯·福斯特的悲剧
that the Vince Foster tragedy was not
政♥府♥官员们的那些说法是不准确的
depicted accurately by members of the administration.
你是说 他并非是自杀吗?
Are you... are you saying he didn't commit suicide?
我们永远也不会知道
We will never know.
特里普夫人 对于白宫和福斯特之死
Mrs. Tripp, do you have information
你是否知道些什么?
about the White House and the death of Vince Foster?
我只想说
I'll just say this.
悲剧发生后的第二天
The day after that tragedy,
我在西厢看到的场景令我很害怕
the behavior I saw in the West Wing frightened me.
那里显得异常忙碌
There was a flurry of activity,
又是搬文件又是秘密开会
boxes and secrecy behind closed doors.
我很紧张 也很担心
I was concerned, and I was alarmed.
是因为他们在秘密开会吗?
Because people were meeting behind closed doors?
令我害怕的远远不光是这个
It was far more ominous than that.
我是在真实地告诉你们 我感觉到有威胁
I am telling you, under oath today, that I felt threatened.
我很愤怒 我对此很憎恶
And I was angry. And I resented it.
现在也这样 -我有个问题
And still do. - I have a question.
你有没有想过
Did you ever think about...
这事曝光后 莫妮卡会有何后果?
...what would happen to Monica when all this came out?
好吧 回头再打给我 你这个疯子
All right, call me back, you nut.
我会打的 -再见
I will, I will. - Bye.
结束
Done.
你的律师有辆车在门口
Your attorney has a car waiting for you out back.
我去... -我自己会回去
If you want, I can... - I know the way.
我觉得 这事如果曝光了
I thought, if this became public,
莫妮卡就没有什么危险了
Monica would not be in any sort of danger.
但你说过
But you said you felt...
无论是个人还是工作 你觉得自己都有危险
...dangers, both personal and professional, could befall you.
你就没想过莫妮卡会有何遭遇?
What crossed your mind that would befall Monica?
她会有何遭遇?
What-what would befall her?
这些细节一旦曝光 她会怎样 你害怕过吗?
Did you have any fears for her? All these details in the public.
我想这个我已说过 她是想过要自杀
She was... I-I think I said this. She was suicidal.
你没回答她的问题
You're not answering her question.
莫妮卡当时的经历是极为不健康的
What Monica was going through was extremely unhealthy.
你不认为你这样做会伤害她?
But you didn't think it would bring her harm?
和那个相比 不会...
Well, not compared to...
不会 -为什么?
No. - Why not?
抱歉 你说啥?
Pardon?
你为什么不替她着想?
Why would you not think about her?
我当时只是在想 她的处境极为糟糕
I was thinking that she was in a tremendously bad situation.
难道你觉得你让她现在的处境变好了吗?
And do you feel now she's better off because of what you did?
你觉得她比以前开心了吗?
Do you feel her life is better now?
顺利吗? -准备好了吗 琳达?
How'd it go? - Ready, Linda?
真要这样吗?
You sure?
其实不是很有必要的
You don't have to do this right now.
巴雷特·普雷蒂曼美国法♥院♥
大家都很想听特里普女士开口说话
We understand there is some interest in hearing from Ms. Tripp.
她今天不会接受任何提问
She will not be taking any questions today.
但她同意发表一则简短的声明
She has, however, agreed to make some brief remarks.
下午好
Good afternoon.
我不是对外发言人 所以只能读讲稿
I'm not a public speaker. I'm going to have to refer to my notes.
请多包涵
Please bear with me.
关于我是谁 怎么会走到今天这一步
I understand that there's been a great deal of speculation
我知道各种各样的说法有很多
about just who I am and how I got here.
其实答案很简单
Well, the answer is simple.
我就是你们
I'm you.
我和你们一样
I'm just like you.
我是一个普通的美国人
I'm an average American who found herself
今天这个局面不是我造成的
in a situation not of her own making.
因为我和你们一样
Because I am just like you,
我请大家想象一下:
I ask you to imagine how you would feel
如果有个朋友叫你去做伪证 你会怎么想
if someone you thought was a friend urged you to commit a felony.
如果你上司的律师告诉全国人♥民♥你是个骗子
Imagine how you would feel if your boss's attorney
你会怎么想
called you a liar in front of the whole country.
如果这个上司是美国总统 你会怎么想
And imagine if that boss was the president of the United States.
如果你的雇主怕你说出真♥相♥
Imagine how you would feel if your employer demoted you...
而将你降职并把你扔在一边 你会怎么想
and cast you aside, for daring to tell the truth.
当你的孩子因持续听到...
Imagine how it would feel to see the pain in your children's eyes
...针对母亲的谎言攻击而痛苦不堪时
when they hear a seemingly endless barrage
你会怎么想
of lies about their mother.
且这位母亲并不想出去为自己辩护
A mother who is not going out to defend herself.
我因为坚持说真话而饱受诽谤
I've been vilified for taking the path of truth.
那些不愿讲真话的人
I've been maligned by people who have chosen
一直在中伤我
not to tell the truth,
他们也知道自己没有说真话
and who know they are not telling the truth.
为了把我描绘成是个坏人
To cast me in the role of the villain,
他们花钱雇佣大群的骗子
they have enlisted legions of paid prevaricators.
所以毫不奇怪
Not surprisingly, many from...
娱乐圈也有很多人来嘲弄我
...the entertainment industry have chosen to ridicule me as well.
他们甚至嘲弄我的外貌
Going so far as to even make fun of my appearance
其方式极为卑劣和残忍♥
in a manner so mean and so cruel
这样的侮辱是没有人愿意去承受的
that I pray none of you is ever subjected to it.
虽然如此
Despite all of that,
但我并不怨恨任何人
I bear no malice towards anyone in this case.
我相信我们的国家
剧集 | 美国犯罪故事(2016) | 导航列表