剧集 | 美国犯罪故事(2016) | 导航列表
...你所讲的一切均为事实
...and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
我发誓
I do.
下午好 总统先生 -下午好
Good afternoon, Mr. President. -Good afternoon.
今天你的作证会被传输到某个法♥院♥
Today your testimony is being piped through to a courtroom
大陪审团的成员们会在那里聆听
where the ladies and gentlemen of the grand jury are listening.
这点你清楚吗 先生?
Do you understand that, sir?
我清楚
Yes, I do.
1月17日 琼斯诉讼案进行庭外作证时
On January 17th, during your deposition for the Paula Jones case,
你也宣誓过 是这样吗?
you took an oath. Is that correct?
是的 没错
I did, yes.
你能否告诉陪审团
Could you please tell the grand jury
那个宣誓意味着什么?
what taking that oath meant to you?
意味着我必须诚实地回答问题
It meant I had to answer the questions truthfully.
那么那天作证时
I see. And do you believe...
你的回答是否都很诚实
...you answered them truthfully during your deposition?
是的 没错
Yes, sir, I do.
总统先生
Mr. President...
你和莱温斯基是否有过肌肤之亲行为?
were you ever physically intimate with Monica Lewinsky?
我想 如果能让我读一段声明
I think I can save you and...
我会给你们还有陪审团节约很多时间
...the grand jury a lot of time if I can read a statement...
这段声明会清楚地表明
...that will make it clear...
我和莱温斯基小姐的关系属于什么性质
...what the nature of my relationship with Ms. Lewinsky was.
如果你准许的话
And with your permission,
我很想宣读一下
I'd like to read that statement.
读吧 总统先生
Go ahead, Mr. President.
怎么搞的? 斯塔尔可不能让他读什么声明啊
What is happening? Starr can't let him read a statement.
我和莱温斯基小姐确曾单独相处过
When I was alone with Ms. Lewinsky
在1996年年初有过几次
on certain occasions in early 1996,
在1997年年初也有过一次
and once in early 1997,
并做出了一些错误的行为
I engaged in conduct that was wrong.
在这些行为里并不包括性♥交♥行为
These encounters did not consist of sexual intercourse.
按照1月17日庭外作证时...
They did not constitute sexual relations...
...针对“性关系”的定义
...as I understood that term to be defined
我认为我的行为并不在其定义范围内
at my January 17th deposition.
但的确存在着不正当的亲密接触行为
But they did involve inappropriate intimate contact.
这类接触在我的坚持下被终止
These encounters ended at my insistence.
从起初的友谊蜕变到这种行为
I regret that what began as a friendship
我对此很抱歉
came to include this conduct.
并对自己的行为承担一切责任
And I take full responsibility for my actions.
虽然我也很愿意...
While I will provide the grand jury
...向陪审团提供其他信息
whatever other information I can,
但考虑到有些隐私问题
because of privacy considerations,
会影响到我的家人
affecting my family,
影响到我自己 影响到他人
myself and others...
另外 为了有效维护我所处职位的尊严
and in an effort to preserve the dignity of the office I hold,
关于这件事的具体内容
this is all I will say about the specifics
我只能说这么多
of these particular matters.
他是不想回答牵涉性关系的问题了
He's saying he won't answer any questions about specific sex acts.
我们准备好的那些问题都没用了
Every question we planned on asking is fucking useless.
这个你们要吗?
You, would you like this?
在你庭外作证时
During your deposition, Mr. President,
你是否记得他们问起过莱温斯基的事?
do you remember that you were asked about Ms. Lewinsky?
我记得
Yes, sir, I do.
那次作证时的“性关系”一词
And do you remember the term "Sexual relations"
你还记得吗?-记得
from your deposition? -I do.
你了解那个词的定义吗 -了解
Did you understand the definition of that term? -I did.
你既然了解定义
If you understood the term, then...
为何还要否认你与莱温斯基的性关系
...why did you deny having sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky?
这个 我得先告诉你
Well, why don't I tell you
那天他们给我的定义 我是怎么理解的
my understanding of the definition I was given.
我的理解是 为了激发兴奋和满足感...
As far as I'm concerned, "sexual relations"...
...而对某些身体部位进行接触
...covers contact between certain areas of the body...
这类接触才属于“性关系”
...with "an intent to arouse or gratify."
其他行为并不包括在内
It excludes any other activity.
你是说 只有在接触她的某些身体部位
So you're saying it only applies to you yourself touching
并想让她兴奋时 才算是性关系
certain parts of Ms. Lewinsky's body with intent to arouse her?
是的
Exactly.
我当时也觉得这个定义有点奇怪
See, when I read it, I thought it was a strange definition,
但那是葆拉·琼斯的律师团下的定义
but that was the one that the Paula Jones legal team decided on.
在那次作证时 你的律师说
During your deposition, your lawyer said
你和莱温斯基小姐之间
there was no sex of any kind in any manner
不存在任何形式的性行为
between you and Ms. Lewinsky.
这不是说谎吗?-不是
Isn't that false? -No.
莫妮卡在书面证词里否认你俩有关系
Did Monica lie in her affidavit by denying the two of you...
这是撒谎吗?
...had a relationship?
不一定算是撒谎
Not necessarily.
当然 我不知道
See, I don't know
她在填写书面证词时是怎么想的
what Monica was thinking when she filled out her affidavit,
但很有可能她是没说谎
but it's quite possible that what she said wasn't a lie,
因为
depending on
这得看她对“性关系”这个词是如何理解的
how she interpreted that definition of "Sexual relations."
总统先生
Mr. President,
就算你够不上那个定义里的“性关系”
even if you didn't have "sexual relations" by that definition,
你依然实施了一些其他的性行为
you still engaged in... other sexual activities.
所以 “不存在任何形式的性行为”之声明
So the statement "There was no sex of any kind in any manner"...
是在撒谎
is a lie.
是吗?
Is it not?
这得看“不存在”这个词的具体含义
Well, that depends upon what the meaning of the word "is" is.
该死的 反倒被他牵着鼻子在走
For fuck's sake, he's running circles around them.
如果“不存在”指的是“从来没有存在过”
If "is" means "is and never has been,"
那是撒谎
that is one thing,
但如果它指的是“现在并不存在”
but if it means "there is none at the present moment,"
那么这个声明则完全是诚实的
then that was a completely true statement.
就莱温斯基书面证词一事
Did you talk with Ms. Lewinsky about what
你和她谈过吗?
she meant to write in her affidavit?
没有谈过
No, sir, I did not.
在你庭外作证时
Your lawyer was trying to...
你的律师曾想欺骗法官 是这样吗?
...mislead the judge during your deposition, was he not?
这个你得问他
You'll have to ask him.
我当时只关注自己的证词
I was focusing on my own testimony.
上一次当被问及你和莫妮卡是否单独相处过时
In that testimony, when asked if you'd ever been alone
你似乎不太想得起来
with Ms. Lewinsky, you seemed to struggle with your memory.
你是想欺骗法官吗?-不是
Were you trying to mislead the judge? -No, look...
那次作证时 我尽力了
I did my best, sir, at this time.
有很多事当时我并不知道
I did not know what I now know about this.
在我的生活里发生了很多其他的事
A lot of other things were going on in my life.
我希望事情会变成这样吗?不
Did I want this come out? No.
这事让我丢脸吗? 是
Was I embarrassed about it? Yes.
这事我叫她撒谎了吗? 没有
Did I ask her to lie about it? No.
请陪审团的各位设身处地地想一想
I say to the grand jury, put yourself in my position.
我一直在尽力配合
I am doing my best to cooperat.
在保护自己 家人 还有政♥府♥机构
And protect myself, my family and my office.
对于我和莱温斯基小姐的事
I am trying to tell the truth
我也是在尽力说出实情
about what happened between Ms. Lewinsky and me.
但有个事实改变不了
But this does not change the fact that...
琼斯的律师之所以会盯上我
...the real reason that the Jones lawyers zeroed in on me...
其真正的原因是
...in the first place was because this was...
我的政敌在背后资助这场荒谬的诉讼
...a bogus lawsuit funded by my political enemies.
请稍等 总统先生
just a moment, Mr. President.
这样不行
This is going nowhere.
他在给陪审团演讲了
He's talking to the jurors.
还是问那些问题吧
I say we just move on to their questions.
不 我有问题要问他
No, I have some questions.
总统先生 你在刚才的声明里说
Mr. President, in your statement earlier,
你和莱温斯基小姐之间
you said that you engaged in
存在着“亲密接触”行为
"Intimate contact" with Ms. Lewinsky.
你这么说的含义是什么?
What exactly do you mean by that?
我做了不正当的事
I did things that were inappropriate,
但依照他们给我的定义
but they did not include any activity...
我做的这些事均不属于“性关系”
...that was within the definition of "sexual relations" I was given.
剧集 | 美国犯罪故事(2016) | 导航列表