剧集 | 美国犯罪故事(2016) | 导航列表
Fucking lowlifes.
对于这一问题
has agreed and now the Supreme Court...
最高法♥院♥已同意介入并进行裁决
...to step in and rule on that question.
我们已经准备好了我方的申辩
We're, uh, already working on our arguments.
法律界的大腕们也纷纷自愿给予帮助
Some great legal minds have volunteered to step in and help out.
葆拉 在模拟庭审中
I mean, Paula, for our practice sessions,
罗伯特·博克要来担当法官
we'll have Robert Bork acting as a justice.
至少要来担当一天
At least for a day, he'll get to be one.
我在你的话里并没有听到...
You know what I'm not hearing in any of this...
...葆拉的名字
is the name Paula.
他五秒钟之前提到了葆拉
He just said Paula... five seconds ago.
我只是想尽力多做点事
Well, I just want to help however I can.
苏茜认为我应该上电视
And Susie was thinking maybe I could do some TV appearances...
因为没人在电视上帮我说过话
...since no one on TV is saying my side of things.
我不建议你上电视
I would not advise going on TV.
现在的关键在于最高法♥院♥
All that matters right now is the Supreme Court.
让谋杀婴儿合法化的那个法♥院♥吗?
Mm, the same Supreme Court that made it legal to murder children?
什么?上帝啊
What? Oh, my gosh.
未出世的婴儿
Yes, unborn children.
所以我不能同意你对上电视的看法
You see, I have to disagree with you about television.
我从未听说过...
I have never heard of a case...
...有哪个案子不会从舆♥论♥的压力中获益
...that couldn't benefit from a little outside pressure.
和华府里的所有人一样
The justices are political animals,
法官也热衷于政♥治♥
just like everyone else in this town.
我只是想让大家听到我的看法 -葆拉
I just want people to see my side of it. - Paula,
我向你保证 他们会听到的
I assure you...they will.
我们回归正题吧
Please, let's get to work.
我想 史蒂文斯 布雷耶 金斯伯格和苏特
I'm thinking Stevens, Breyer, Ginsburg, Souter...
很难争取过来
This isn't gonna win them over.
别担心这些自♥由♥派
I'm not worried about the liberals.
几十年来 他们坚持认为
They've argued for decades
总统和百姓不应区别对待
that a president should be treated like an ordinary citizen.
他们必须支持葆拉
They have to take Paula's side.
我常说 真正正直的自♥由♥派
I always say you can never go wrong relying on...
永远不会让你失望
...the diamond-grade integrity of liberals.
还以为你在“微国广”录制节目呢
I thought you were taping at MSNBC.
他们炒了我 -又被炒了?
They fired me. -Again?
我和那个傻帽反战分子吵起来了
I was fighting with this simpering peacenik
我们在争论越南地雷的事 我说
about landmines in Vietnam, and I said,
"就因为有你这种人 我们才会输掉战争"
"People like you are the reason we lost the war."
没想到他是个断腿的退役老兵
Turned out, he was a veteran with no legs.
天哪 Ann
Jesus! Ann!
这我怎么知道啊?
How was I supposed to know?
一个人在工作室录节目
You tape alone in the studio,
没法眼观六路
you can't see the rest of the panel.
好处是 我现在完全有时间来帮你们了
The upside is now I am completely available to help you.
收下我
I want in.
真的吗? -真的
Really? Really.
现在在干啥? -正在...
What are we doing? - Uh...
在为葆拉的律师准备辩护状
preparing, uh, briefs to help out Paula's lawyers.
棘手的案子
Tough case.
他是一个遵纪守法的首脑呢
Do the laws apply to our head of state
还是一贯正确的君主?
or is he an infallible sovereign?
君主制好像并非是这个国家的立国之本
Not as though the country was founded on that exact concept.
他们会说
They'll argue her suit...
这个案子会扰乱总统的正常工作
...will distract him from him presidential duties.
我们何时才能看到他宣誓作证并撒谎?
When do we get to the part where he's deposed and he lies?
那得等高院做出有利于葆拉的裁决
Oh, well, after this, if the court finds in Paula's favor.
我学过法律 我说的是反诘句
I have a law degree. It was a rhetorical question.
杰尔姆还不太习惯你的幽默
Jerome's a little less accustomed to your sense of humor.
天哪 我太想看到他出庭作证了
Oh, man, I can't wait till that deposition.
"总统先生 您的阴♥茎♥到底是怎么回事?"
"Mr. President, what specifically, is wrong with your penis?"
"请描述一下这些尴尬的细节"
"Please go into excruciating detail."
说清楚 我们的目的不是羞辱他
Well, to be clear, the goal isn't to embarrass him.
而是要约束他
I-It's to constrain a president
因为他参与了非法活动 - 好厌倦
who has engaged in illicit activities. - I'm bored.
你好无聊
You're boring.
这就是你们共和党人的通病
That's the problem with you Republicans.
你也是共和党人啊 - 我是个保守派
You're a Republican. - Mm, I'm a conservative.
你们都太温和了 温和的结果是什么?
You're all too nice. What does that get you?
是出了个多尔 -多尔怎么了?
It... it gets you Dole. - What's wrong with Dole?
他输掉了选举
Um, he lost.
愚蠢的美国女人
Idiotic American females couldn't wait
一心要让她们的偶像连任
to reelect their fat boyfriend.
话尽管如此
Be that as it may,
这个案子却是我们的法宝
this case is all we have now.
是的
Right.
你想让我做什么?
What would you like me to do?
做你最擅长的
What you do best.
"煽风点火"
Stir the pot.
帮我们为葆拉讨回公道
Uh, help us get justice for Paula.
这不是为了讨回公道
Oh, this isn't about justice.
那是什么?
Then what is it about?
杰尔姆 是为了弹劾
Impeachment, Jerome.
你要把最真实的想法告诉我 好吗?
I want you to tell me your honest-to-goodness opinion, okay?
1991年5月8日
On May 8, 1991,
在怡东酒店召开的质量控制会议上
Paula Jones, a state employee with the Arkansas Industrial...
阿肯色工业发展委员会雇员葆拉·琼斯
...Development Commision, was working the registration desk,
是会议登记处的工作人员
for the Governor's QM Conference at the Excelsior Hotel.
州长克♥林♥顿♥是会议的主要发言人
Governor Bill Clinton was to be the main speaker.
他想靠近我 抓我的...
He tried to lean in on me and grab...
他 他...
Well, he... he...
他试图把手放在我腿上
he tried to put his hand up my leg.
这一切... 发生得很突然
And it... which I... It all happened so fast.
而且...
And...
比尔·克♥林♥顿♥还要我实施口♥交♥
Bill Clinton asked me to perform oral sex,
我拒绝了
which I declined.
我告诉州长我不是那种女人
And I told the governor I'm not that kind of girl
然后 我就直接出去回到了登记处
and I walked right out. I went to my desk...
把整件事全都告诉了同事
I told my coworker the whole story.
事情就是这样
And that is what happened.
对吧?
Isn't that right?
没错 葆拉
Yes, Paula.
我丈夫非常愤怒
My husband's very outraged.
我只能说 幸亏我当时不在场
I'm just... I'm just glad I wasn't there, I can tell you that.
是的
Me, too.
吉尔和乔说不要让别人看到这段视频
Gil and Joe said never show this ever to anyone,
但福尔韦尔牧师在其教堂里散发的...
but this is a real video sold by the Reverend Jerry Falwell
...就是这段视频
...at his churches.
这样啊
Oh.
明白了
Okay.
你说过的话 我也在想
And I was thinking about what you said.
如果能让更多的人看到它
And if we got this out there more...
如果能在电视上播出它
if it was on TV, you know,
大家就会了解我的态度
people would see my side.
怎么说呢? 你觉得呢?
Um... I don't know, what do you think?
这是什么? -布里干酪
What is this? - Brie.
好吃 -是法国奶酪
Mm! - It's French.
我是这样想的
Here's what I think.
你表现得很好
You're wonderful in it.
很真实
So real.
你身上有一种典型的...
You have a look that says...
..."阿肯色乡土"气息
..."Rural Arkansas."
我很喜欢 但城里人不一定都会喜欢
That, I love, but city people don't always like that.
即使是那些支持共和党的城里人 -确实
Even city people who vote Republican. - Mm. Yeah.
他们都希望能相信你
They want to believe you.
我们只需让他们相信就行了
We just need to help them along.
那我们要怎么做?
Uh, well, what do we do?
诺斯壮商场
天哪
Oh, my God.
谢谢 钥匙就在车里
Thanks, thanks. I just left the key in the car.
剧集 | 美国犯罪故事(2016) | 导航列表