剧集 | 美国犯罪故事(2016) | 导航列表
Great. So the law lets him slide.
媒体也允许他逃脱
The press lets him slide.
这是一种耻辱
What a disgrace.
以前的总统多少有点分寸
Being the president used to mean something.
哪怕是尼克松 他也有羞耻感
Even Nixon was capable of shame.
后来呢?连这些丑陋的骗子都能出头
But after this, just think what kind of flabby con men
都能踏上通向白宫的道路
will see a path to the White House.
腐♥败♥
The corruption.
谎言
The lies.
他在鸡尾酒会上猥亵过的女招待数不胜数
The hundred million cocktail waitresses he's groped or worse.
如果我们让他逃脱...
If we let this slide...
我们不会让他逃脱
We're not letting this slide.
那就得阻止和解
Then we stop the settlement.
无论如何要阻止
Whatever it takes.
杂♥志♥刚到
Just got 'em.
我要两本
I'll take two.
三本吧
Three.
要三本
Three.
《新闻周刊》
撰文:迈克尔·伊西科夫
琳达·特里普
...没有丝毫“惊骇” 特里普告诉《新闻周刊》...
“这不属于性骚扰”
但特里普的话对总统依然是不利的
克♥林♥顿♥的律师贝内特称特里普“不值得信赖”
葆拉呢?
Where's Paula?
在洗手间
Ladies' room.
匆匆赶来还得等
Hurry up and wait, right?
接到这个电♥话♥我并不意外
Not that I was surprised to get the call.
我知道他会和解
I knew he'd try to settle.
如果我是克♥林♥顿♥
If I'm Bill Clinton,
肯定更为担心...
I'm more than a little worried about...
...这案子会牵扯出更大的丑事来
...the dirty laundry this case might turn up.
那他的出价肯定低不了 -那肯定
Should be a good offer then. - Oh, should be.
会很可观
Better than good.
但是 他并不在乎金钱
Money won't be real to him anyway. Mm.
看来这个没人告诉过你们
Well, you see, this is what no one ever tells you.
像他那样的政客
Politician like that,
保险条款的涵盖范围很广
he has big general liability policies.
和解后 保险公♥司♥会付钱给你们
If you settle, you get a check from an insurance company.
他无需掏一分钱
He won't pay a dime.
有句话我本不想说...
And I hate to say it, but...
算了 -什么话?
Oh. Never mind. - No, what?
如果她接受和解
If she accepts his offer,
我担心会有人说闲话
I... I do worry there could be whispers.
比如 “连最高院都支持她
Mm. "She won the Supreme Court case.
为何她要放过他?”
Why would she let him off easy?"
不管这么想是对还是错
Fair or not, people will always...
人们都会迷惑酒店里到底发生了什么
wonder what really happened in that hotel room.
你太漂亮了
Don't you look cute?
我俩正聊得热烈呢 -是吗?
Ooh, we were having such a good chat. - You were?
在聊什么?
What y'all talk about?
随便坐吧 各位 - 谢谢
Get comfortable, folks. - Great. Thank you.
很高兴再次见到你 -我也是
Nice to see you again.- Nice to see you.
有时候...你会如愿以偿
Sometimes... you get what you want.
“双方同意:
"The parties agree that...
葆拉·琼斯在1991年5月8日...
...Paula Corbin Jones did not engage in any improper...
...没有参与任何不当行为或性行为
...or sexual conduct on May 8, 1991,
《美国观察者》发表的那篇文章
And that the allegations and the inferences about her
对她的陈述和推断是不准确的
published in the American Spectator are false...
给她带来的名誉损害...
...and their adverse effects on her character...
...是令人遗憾的”
...and reputation regrettable."
你让总统低了头 挽回了自己的名誉
You get your good name back. From the president himself.
但还不止这些
But that's not all.
我们的索赔是七十万美元
Our complaint asked for $700,000.
知道他们想给多少吗?
You know what number they agreed to?
七十万美元
$700,000.
一分不少
Every dime.
我的天
Oh, my gosh.
我们真为你高兴
We're so happy for you.
这七十万美元
That $700,000,
是克♥林♥顿♥自掏腰包还是由保险公♥司♥买♥♥单?
is that coming from Clinton himself or from his insurers?
是保险公♥司♥ 但这是我们要求的数目
Well, insurance. But it's the number we asked for.
我们还是继续吧
Anyway, next steps.
我们... -你们能回避一下吗?
Why don't we go over... - Can we have the room?
麻烦了
Please?
让我们单独谈谈
So we can speak privately.
可以
Of course.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
既然他们没问葆拉 那就我来问
Well, since they didn't ask Paula, I will.
你怎么想?
What do you think?
我觉得 这比我预想的要好
I think it's even more than I ever thought we'd ever get.
他必须道歉 但他没道歉
He needs to apologize. This is not an apology.
可我们能改变现状了
Steve, we could have a normal life.
我们可以过上好日子了
But even better than a normal life,
因为这是七十万美元啊
'cause we'll have $700,000.
对他们来说那是小菜一碟
They get a big chunk of that, Paula-Poo.
这我懂 但你要知道 我出身贫寒
I know, Susie, but you got to understand we're not from Pasadena.
我们家的人一辈子...
And even $100,000 would be...
...连十万美元都没见过
more than anyone in my family has seen... all our lives.
天哪 以后我们在诺洛克...
Oh, gosh. I'm just thinking about the kind of house...
...会有一座漂亮的房♥子...
...that we could get back home in Lonoke County. And I...
你在说什么呢?
What are you talking about?
我只是在想...
Well, I was just thinking that...
我不想回洛诺克去
I don't want to go back to Lonoke County.
你家人怎么想并不重要
It doesn't matter how much money this is to your people.
钱不是他们给的
It's not from them.
也不是他掏腰包的
It's not even from him.
要想让他感觉到痛
The only thing that would hurt him even a tiny bit
只能逼他道歉 让他说:
is if he had to apologize.
“我对这位妇女的行为是她不愿意接受的
"I did those things to that woman, and she did not want them."
上面有这句话吗?
Does that thing say that?
但这能改变我们的生活
No, but this could change our lives.
这是一种侮辱 葆拉
This is an insult, Paula.
如果你不这么认为
And if you don't take it that way,
我就不太想得明白了
I have to wonder, why the fuck not?
这事没什么可讨论的
Can't even believe we're talking about this.
我们谈好了
We talked it over.
葆拉和我不接受
Paula and I say no deal.
我们要的是道歉
We asked for an apology.
他道歉了吗?
Where is it?
想让他道歉就得先上法庭
He'll go to trial before he apologizes.
那就上
Fine.
那么 她和总统就必须得当面对质了
It'll be her word against a president's.
葆拉 你必须清楚上了法庭会有什么结果
Paula, you have to understand what will come out in a trial.
你想说什么?
I'm sorry, what are you trying to say?
你们会输的 而且会一败涂地
That you will lose. In devastating fashion.
首先 葆拉...
But, first, Paula...
...他们会向你泼脏水
... they're gonna drag your name through mud.
他们会挖你的旧事
They're gonna bring your past to light.
想想他们要请来的证人
Think of the witnesses they'll call.
想想他们会讲出什么故事
Think of the stories they'll tell.
他们要做的是保证以后没有女人再敢告他
They want to be sure no woman dares try this again.
现在胜利的是你
This is your victory.
此时此刻 你是胜者
You have it. Right now.
你已经赢了
You've won.
很抱歉 吉尔
I'm sorry, Gil.
剧集 | 美国犯罪故事(2016) | 导航列表