剧集 | 塔尔萨之王(2022) | 导航列表
你可能会被判十年监禁
you could receive up to ten years in prison.
我知道
I know.
你还要自我辩护 是吧
And you'd still like to represent yourself?
是的
I would.
希望你准备充分了
I expect you to be prepared.
我会像对待其他律师一样对你
You'll be treated the same as any other attorney.
没问题 先生
Yes, sir.
还有别的事吗 没有了 先生
Anything else? No, sir.
没有了 先生 实际上
No, sir. Actually,
法官大人
Your Honor?
我想申请更换
I would like to make application for a substitution
律师
of counsel.
我会亲自审理这个案件
I'll be trying this case personally.
能问一下 联邦检察官为什么要亲自
May I ask why the U.S. Attorney himself
审理一单相对较小的案件吗
would like to try a relatively minor case?
恕我直言 法官大人 在公正面前
With all due respect, Your Honor, when it comes
无论多小的案子
to justice being served, I don't believe
都不该被轻视
there's any such thing as a minor case.
真♥他♥妈♥假正经
A real fucking Boy Scout.
你刚说什么 曼菲雷迪先生 我说
What did you say, Mr. Manfredi? I said...
真是个童子军
what a Boy Scout.
在我们那里 这话是夸你呢
Coming from my neighborhood, that's a compliment,
没有冒犯的意思
so, no offense meant.
下周二开始挑选陪审团
Jury selection begins next Tuesday.
希望尽快选出陪审团
I want a jury seated as soon as possible.
老实说 我这么做是不是疯了
Be honest. Am I crazy for doing this?
当然不是 他是你♥爸♥
Of course not. He's your dad.
是 我知道他是我爸
Yeah, I know he's my dad,
可他把我的生活 孩子们都打乱了
but upending my life, the kids?
要是他坐牢 我就困在这儿了
Plus, if he goes to jail, then I'm stuck here.
这
Well, uh, is that
真有那么糟吗
the worst thing?
从你告诉我 你跟艾莫里的情况
From what you told me about you and Emory,
也许这正是你需要的 一个全新的开始
maybe it's just what you need, a fresh start.
也许是吧
Yeah, I guess so.
店铺那边有人给了个长♥期♥报价
There is a standing offer on the shop, so...
我应该会接受
...guess I'll take it.
这就对了嘛
Mm, there you go.
嘿 要我过去陪你吗
Hey, uh, do you want me to come out?
你会来吗
Would you?
会呀
Yeah.
当然了 我可以帮你安顿下来
Of course. I'll just help you get settled.
太谢谢了
Thank you so much, Auntie.
你不知道这对我有多重要
You have no idea how much this means to me.
你知道吗 从你声音里 我应该是知道的
You know what? From the sound of your voice, I think I can.
每次见到你
Each time I meet you
我都像个傻瓜
I act like a fool...
他会打电♥话♥的 对吧
He's calling, right?
理论上是会
Supposedly.
我联♥系♥了佩勒姆庄园的朋友
Reached out to our friends in Pelham Manor,
他们联♥系♥了苏利文街上的人
they reached out to the guy on Sullivan Street.
然后再联♥系♥下去 嗯
Et cetera, et cetera. Yeah.
我把杰瑞号♥码给了他们
I gave 'em Jerry's number.
反正他也不用了
Figured he ain't using it anymore.
聪明
Smart.
是他吗
That him?
疑似诈骗电♥话♥
"Potential Spam."
他们分不清是不是诈骗电♥话♥
They can't tell between spam and potential spam?
人工智能就是垃圾
A.I. my cock.
去他妈的 我接了
Fuck it, I'm gonna answer.
什么样的鸭不会飞
What kind of geese don't fly?
葡萄牙
Portuguese.
哔哔
B.B.
齐齐
Chickie.
我有事想跟你谈
I want to pull on your coat about something.
你知道我为什么打给你
You know why I'm calling.
我知道你为什么不打
I know why you're not calling.
你不是想对我爸表示哀悼的
You're not calling with condolences on my dad,
这点是肯定的
that's for sure.
这么晚才打 肯定不是
Not at this late date.
是 这事怪我
Yeah, that's on me.
你可算说了句人话
You're goddamn right it is.
我爸是个老大 纽约老大
My father was a boss. In New York.
克利夫兰 费城新奥尔良
I heard from Cleveland, Philly, New Orleans,
罗维登斯 波士顿
Providence, Boston.
连意大利那边都联♥系♥我了
Even the old country.
但你一个电♥话♥也没打来
And you never called to acknowledge
向新老大致敬
the new leadership.
你是新老大吗
Would that be you?
要真是的话 那就别兜圈子了
'Cause if it is, let's cut through the bullshit
直奔主题吧
and get down to brass tacks.
什么主题 还装是吧
What tacks? You want to pretend?
你踩到我地盘了
You encroached on my territory.
我来讨个说法
I will exact a price.
塔尔萨
Tulsa.
没错
Yeah.
妈的 塔尔萨
Fucking Tulsa.
还抱怨我不守规矩 是吧
You want to complain to me about protocol, man?
你哪儿来的脸说这话 喂
Where do you get your balls? Hey.
你在人家印第安领地上
It wasn't like you were doing land-office business
生意做得也不小 好吧
over there in Indian Territory.
我不想跟你废话了 齐齐
I'm done talking now, Chickie.
行吧
All right, all right.
给我一两天时间考虑下
Give me a day or two to counter.
你怎么看
What-what do you think?
我还在为杰瑞的事伤心呢
I'm still heartbroken over Jerry.
博迪 有想出什么来吗
You come up with anything, Bodhi?
我自作主张
So, I took the liberty of, um,
研究了下陪审团选拔的规章
doing a little research on jury selection.
结果发现很多辩护律师
It turns out there's an algorithm that's used
都会用一种算法来
for finding prospective jurors that a lot
挑选陪审员 电脑程序那种吗
of defense attorneys use. Like in a computer program?
你听说过电脑 嗯
You've heard of computers? Yeah.
有耳闻 瞧
Vaguely. Look at you.
有点见识啊
Let's get you some glasses.
所以 你把所有案件细节输进去
So, you input all the details of the case,
它会告诉你应该
and then it tells you the kind of people
选什么样的人当陪审员
that you should be looking for as jurors.
我发现我们理想的陪审员
What I found is that our ideal juror
是单身女性 寡妇 或者离婚都行
is female, single, uh, widowed or divorced,
年龄在35到67岁之间
age 35 to 67.
听起来像交友软件
Sounds like a dating app.
这还不算更奇怪的认识方式呢
People have met in weirder ways.
算法认为女性在涉及恋爱关系的案件中
The thinking here is that women will be more sympathetic
会更富有同情心
in a case that involves romance.
恋爱关系
Romance?
你敢相信 从没有人说过我浪漫吗
Can you believe I've never been accused of being romantic?
相信
Yeah.
就这个案子而言
So, in this case,
我认为我们要找那些
I think we are going to want to look for men
有轻微违法行为的男性
who have had minor brushes with the law,
就比如违反交规之类的
a lot of traffic violations or something.
男人一般都觉得这不是他们的错
Men don't ever tend to think it's their fault,
所以会对执法部门耿耿于怀
so they'll have a hard-on for law enforcement.
嗯 男人怎么都这德性啊
Yeah, what the fuck is with men?
别管男人了 还是专注在女性身上吧
Forget men. Let's stick with the women, all right?
不能指望男的
We can't bank on them.
靠女人吧
Bank on the women.
这也不见得肯定对
It's not an exact science.
风力发电场有消息了吗
Is there any news on our wind farm?
剧集 | 塔尔萨之王(2022) | 导航列表