something even my colleagues didn't realize yet.
甚至就连我的同事也还不了解这点
I killed to keep them unknowing.
我不惜杀人来保守这个秘密
I killed Dr. Openshaw so they wouldn't discover her...
我杀死了奥彭塞博士 这样他们就没法发现她
when it's Cassandra I should have killed,
但卡珊卓才是我应该杀死的人
Cassandra who needed to die.
卡珊卓必须得死
I couldn't do it.
我却下不了手
With all the blood on my hands,
虽然我双手沾满血腥
I couldn't kill the mother of my own son,
我还是无法杀死我亲生儿子的母亲
a woman I never even loved.
一个我从来不曾爱过的女人
My colleagues never knew,
我的同事对此浑然不知
focused as they were on the new threat--
他们的注意力只集中在新出现的威胁势力上
the faceless alien rebels who'd burned our doctors alive.
集中在那些烧死我们医生的毁了容的外星叛军身上
But my colleagues had become old men,
但是我的同事们都已经老了
blind to the fact that the faceless rebels...
盲目地看不出那些外星叛军
already held the upper hand,
已经占据了上风
that they'd used their
也看不出
powers of disguise to infiltrate our group.
他们已经利用高超的易容能力渗透进我们的组织
Rebels have attacked and burned project facilities...
叛军攻击并烧毁了我们位于
in New Mexico and the southwest.
新墨西哥和西北方的计划设施
The medical staff at our Arizona research facility's been slain.
我们设在亚历桑纳的研究基地的工作人员也遭到屠♥杀♥
The train-car deaths cost us.
火车车厢事件让我们损失惨重
Work on the human/alien
研究外星混种的工作
hybrids will suffer the death of Dr. Openshaw.
将会因为奥彭塞博士的去世而大受影响
What do they want?
他们目的何在
To expose our enterprise,
为了暴露我们的组织
everything we've worked for.
暴露我们多年来的工作成果
Well, some hotshot reporter's gonna put the pieces together,
总有一天会有哪个记者找出这一切的关联
not to mention law enforcement.
更别提执法机关了
We have our control on the federal agencies.
政♥府♥机关在我们的掌控之中
Our new man at the F.B.I.'s very capable of diverting attention.
我们在调查局安插的新人 对转移注意力很有一套
Why not side with the rebels?
为什么不站到叛军一方呢
Join their alien resistance.
加入他们的外星反叛组织
It's an option.
这也是一种选择
It's an option you declined long ago.
你们早就否决了这项提议
Resistance was futile then. Why would it be any less so now?
当年的反抗徒劳无功 现在的情况就会有所不同吗
That's why you voted against it, against men like Bill Mulder.
所以你们才投票反对比尔·穆德这些人的提议
Collaboration has allowed you to prepare, to stall colonization.
选择与外星人合作 让你们有时间来准备 来拖延殖民化进程
How close are you to developing a human/alien hybrid?
你们不是快要研究成功外星混种了吗
That alone ensures your survival.
就这一点 就足以保证你们的生存
As slave laborers for the aliens.
那时我们就沦为外星人的奴隶了
What about your vaccine?
那你们的疫苗呢
By collaborating, you bought yourself time...
与外星人合作为你们争取了时间
to secretly develop a way
可以秘密地研究一种方法
to combat the aliens, to fight the future.
来对抗外星人 为未来而战
Alex, enough!
艾利克 够了
For 50 years we've worked on this project.
50年来我们一直苦心经营这个计划
Fifty years since Roswell.
自罗斯威尔事件以来的50年
We can't sacrifice ourselves for every new threat,
我们不能一遇到威胁就牺牲自己
can we now?
是不是
Why risk getting caught here?
何必冒险到这里来呢
They're gonna be monitoring any work on our machines, in or out.
他们一定在监视我们使用电脑的情况
We need access to files on a name that'll raise flags.
所以我们一定要找个不引人怀疑的人的电脑来查找文件
Maybe she was making it all up.
也许这一切都是她编出来的
Smokey's got a name.
烟枪居然还有名字
Get up from the desk. Get up, turn the computer off,
快离开这张桌子 起来 关掉电脑
grab whatever you took or printed out and give it to me.
不管你拿到 或是打印了什么 都给我
Let's go, Agents. They're coming.
快走 探员 他们快来了
Who? Just go.
谁 快走
Assistant Director.
副局长
I'll assume you came down to
我想你一定是来
apprehend these agents for unauthorized entry...
逮捕这两个擅闯我办公室的
into my office.
探员的吧
I'll make sure it's duly noted in the report of their dismissal.
我一定会在他们的解职报告中提及这一点的
I've done as you've asked.
我照你的话去做了
Mulder's been brought up to his superiors.
穆德已经被他的上级叫去了
He and his partner will be processed out of the F.B.I.
他和他的搭档会被调查局停职
I've done as you've asked. Now, I would like you to do for me.
我已经做了你要我做的事 现在我要你为我做点事
Do for you?
为你
I think I'm entitled. To?
我想我有权利 什么权利
The truth.
知道真♥相♥
The truth about my mother.
有关我母亲的真♥相♥
She won't tell me.
她不肯告诉我
Because you won't believe her.
因为你不愿意相信她
Maybe you won't believe me.
也许你也不会相信我
Maybe it's better not to know. Look, I need to know.
或者你不知道反而更好 我必须知道
Show me that you're capable of handling the responsibility...
那你就得证明你自己有能力来承担
that comes with this knowledge.
伴随真♥相♥而来的责任
Don't try me, old man!
别激我 老家伙
I gave you responsibility. I gave you a position.
我给了你责任 我给了你地位
I gave you the things that you
我给了你自己永远也得不到的东西
couldn't get yourself, and you can't do the job.
而你根本无法完成这项工作
Keeping Fox Mulder down is not a job! It's your dirty work.
压制福克斯·穆德不算是工作 那是你的烂摊子
You pale to Fox Mulder.
你比福克斯·穆德差多了
Bet you're curious about C.G.B.
我打赌你一定对CGB很好奇
What's that?
那是什么
C.G.B. Spender. His name-- cigarette-smoking man.
CGB 史班德 那个老烟鬼的名字
What's it stand for?
那是什么意思
It's an alias, as far as I can figure.
那是个假名 据我所知
One of hundreds.
上百个假名中的一个
Scully, wanna go one-on-one?
史考利 想单挑吗
We got nothing but time now that we're on administrative leave.
我们被迫休假 现在有的是时间
Aren't you curious what I've got in the box?
你对我这个盒子里的东西一点也不好奇吗
Everything I could find on him.
所有我能找到关于他的资料
Nothing you could ever find would be accurate or credible.
你不可能找到精确可信的东西的
Maybe.
也许
But there's a picture you're gonna want to see.
不过有张照片 你一定会感兴趣
That's C.G.B. Spender...
这个是CGB·史班德
and my father.
还有我父亲
It was taken in 1 973.
这张照片是1973年拍的
I traced the connection to
我查到他们
something they worked on together for 25 years...
曾经合作了25年之久
at the State Department-- a highly classified project.
在国防部 进行一项高度机密的计划
There's more, if you're ready.
如果你准备好的话 还有更多
Cassandra Spender is, indeed,
卡珊卓·史班德的确是
the mother of AgentJeffrey Spender...
杰弗瑞·史班德探员的母亲
and the ex-wife of C.G.B. Spender.
也是CGB·史班德的前妻
But there's something that you're gonna be surprised to find out.
不过有件事情一定会让你大感意外
She was first abducted in 1 973...
她第一次被绑♥架♥ 是在1973年
on the night of November 27.
11月27日的晚上
That's the same night as my sister.
我妹妹也是在那天晚上被绑♥架♥的
And there are other names connected to C.G.B.
和你父亲及CGB·史班德有关系的
Spender and your father--
还有许多人
PhDs, doctors,
有博士 有医生
one a Nobel winner for early works in genetics,
其中一位还是进行早期基因工程研究的诺贝尔奖得主
a Dr. Eugene Openshaw.
尤金·奥彭塞博士
He was the doctor that was found amongst the burn victims...
就那那位倒在卡珊卓·史班德旁
clinging to life beside Cassandra Spender.
被烧得奄奄一息的医生
He died the next day in the hospital...
他第二天死在医院
before he was questioned.
警♥察♥还没来得及问话
The project is still going on. Yeah.
这个计划仍在继续 是的
If Mulder hadn't known of his father's history with me,
如果穆德不知道他父亲和我的关系
he was fueled now with names and dates and... certainties.
他现在脑海中充满了人名和日期 还有一些事实
I couldn't stop him any longer--
我再也阻止不了他了
stop him from learning our sins,
阻止他了解我们的罪行
his father's and my own.
他父亲和我自己的罪行
The truth was out there...
真♥相♥就在那里
fatally exposed.
注定会被曝光
I had one last hope,
我只剩最后一丝希望
one chance to preserve my legacy.
一个保存我心血结晶的机会
I waited, like you asked. Good.
我来了 按你的吩咐 很好
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表