That's why you're here.
这就是你到这儿来的原因
How is it you know when people are about to die?
你怎么知道一个人快要死了
Oh.
喔
You chase it long enough, you pick it up.
你追踪久了 自然就会发现了
Excuse me.
对不起
Mulder. Hi. Mulder, it's me.
我是穆德 嗨 穆德 是我
Those other two names that
你说过菲利格过去用过
you said that Fellig went by-- Strand and Rice?
哪两个名字 斯特兰德和瑞斯
Yeah. Henry Strand and L.H. Rice.
是的 亨利·斯特兰德和L H 瑞斯
What about Louis Brady?
那路易斯·布莱迪呢
Uh, no, but there's a, there's like a big gap before 1 939.
呃 不知道 不过1939年以前是有一个大空缺
Will you check it out for me?
你可以帮我查一下吗
I'm sticking here to make sure he doesn't bolt.
我会耗在这里确保他不会跑掉
Louis Brady, Mulder.
路易斯·布莱迪 穆德
Tell me what you find out.
找到了告诉我
Mr. Fellig?
菲林格先生
Oops. Excuse me. I have film out. Hold on a second.
喔 对不起 我要洗一些底片 等一下
Ritter. Agent Ritter, it's Agent Mulder.
我是瑞特 瑞特探员 我是穆德探员
Is Agent Scully with you?
史考利探员跟你在一起吗
she's not, nor do I seem to able to find her.
不 她不在 我找不到他
Me neither, and D.C. Cellular says her phone is turned off.
我也是 总台说她的手♥机♥关机了
What can I do for you, Agent?
我能为你做些什么吗 探员
Well, you can find her for me.
呃 你可以替我找到她
Listen, Agent Mulder, I'm on my way to arrest Alfred Fellig.
听着 穆德探员 我正要去抓阿尔福瑞德·菲林格
Good, because that's where I think she is.
很好 我想她会在那儿
And you were right. Fellig is a murderer.
你是对的 菲林格是凶手
Under the name of Louis Brady,
他曾经用路易斯·布莱迪的化名
he suffocated two patients in a Connecticut hospital.
在康乃狄克州的一家医院闷死了两个病人
He says he meant to catch up with Death.
他说他想要跟上死神的脚步
One year into his prison sentence,
一年之后 就要对他宣判的时候
he walked off a work detail.
他逃跑了
The manhunt never officially ceased.
这项追捕至今还没有正式结案
When was this? 1 929.
那是什么时候的事 1929年
Whoa, whoa, whoa. When?
哇 哇 哇 什么时候
Look, Ritter, don't sweat the math. It's him.
听着 瑞特 别再数手指了 就是他
Just get there and find Agent Scully.
直接到那儿去找史考利探员
All right. I'm on it.
好的 我就去
You know, most people want to live forever.
你知道 大部分人都想要长生不死
Most people are idiots.
大部分人都是白♥痴♥
Which is one of the reasons I don't.
这正是我不是白♥痴♥的其中一个原因
I think you're wrong.
我认为你错了
How can you have too much life?
你怎么会觉得生命太长了呢
There's too much to learn, to experience.
有太多的事情需要去学习 去经历
Seventy-five years is enough.
七十五年足够了
Take my word for it.
记住我的话
You live forever, sooner or later...
要是你永远不死 迟早有一天
you start to think about the big thing you're missing...
你就会开始怀念那个
and that everybody else gets to find out about but you.
除了你之外 别人都能得到的经历了
What about love?
那爱情呢
What, does that last forever?
什么 这会持续到永远吗
Forty years ago, I drove down to the city hall,
四十年前 我去了市政大厅
down to the Hall of Records.
到了档案馆
Record archives, whatever they call it.
档案室 不管叫什么了
I wanted to look up my wife.
我想要查我妻子的资料
It...
因为
bothered me I couldn't remember her name.
我已经记不起她的名字了
Love lasts...
爱情能维持
seventy-five years, if you're lucky.
七十五年 如果你幸运的话
You don't want to be around when it's gone.
如果爱情消失了 你就不会再想活下去了
Count your blessings.
好好祈祷吧
Why are you this way?
你是怎么走到这步的
I mean, if this is true,
我是说 如果这是真的
give me something in the way of proof.
给我一些证据
Help me find some science that I can hang this on.
帮我找到一些科学的证据来证明它
It has nothing to do with science.
这与科学无关
Someone took my place. Took your place?
有人代替了我 代替你
I don't know her name.
我不知道她的名字
I don't think I ever knew it.
我想我永远也不会知道
I had yellow fever way the hell back then...
当年我得了黄热病
when it killed half of New York.
整个纽约死了一半的人
Washington Square Park was a common grave,
华盛顿广场成了公墓
they had so many bodies.
有太多的尸体了
They'd bury them shallow.
他们很草率地埋葬他们
They wrapped them in yellow sheets,
他们用黄色的床单裹好尸体
and the yellow sheets would stick up through the mud.
黄床单上粘满了泥土
I was in a city-run contagion ward.
我被带到隔离病房♥
I was out of my head with fever, out of my mind,
我发烧发得昏昏沉沉 神志不清
then I saw him-- saw Death.
然后 我看到他了 看到了死神
Wish I would've had a camera then.
真希望那时候能有架相机
At first, I...
起先 我
just saw him out of the corner of my eye.
只是在眼角的余光里看到他
Then he got bolder and he started flitting around the room,
然后越来越清楚明显 他开始在房♥间里飞来掠去
and he'd take this person and he'd take that person.
带走这个人 带走那个人
And I never saw his face. I didn't want to see his face.
我从来没看清过他的脸 我也不想去看他的脸
I figured if I saw it, he'd take me too.
我知道如果我看了 他也会带走我的
But he didn't. No.
但是他没有 是的
There was a nurse.
那里有个护士
She did the best she could.
她尽全力照顾病人
Back then, medical science was--
当时 医学还
They couldn't find their ass with both hands.
不能对付这种疾病 他们尽了全力
They still can't.
还是不能
But she did the best she could. She sat with me.
她也尽了她的最大努力 她坐在我身边
Held my hand.
握住我的手
I was on my deathbed, then he came for me.
我躺在我的病床上 然后他找上我了
I didn't look at him.
我没有看他
I closed my eyes and turned my head.
我闭上双眼 转过头去
I didn't tell her not to look at him.
我没有告诉她不要看他
I wanted her to look at him.
我希望她看到他
I wanted her to look at him instead of me.
我想她能替我看到他
And then I came to and the fever broke.
然后我退烧了 也痊愈了
They were carrying her out wrapped up in a yellow sheet.
他们用黄床单裹着她抬了出去
Since that time, I realized
从那一刻起
you got to be careful what you wish for.
我就知道你必须很小心地对待自己的愿望
I missed my chance.
我错过了我的机会
You're very lucky, you know that? What do you mean?
你很幸运 你知道吗 你是什么意思
Wait a minute.
等一下
Say what's on your mind. You mean lucky like the others?
你到底要说什么 你是说我跟其他人一样幸运
You want me to believe that I'm about to die?
你要我相信我就要死了吗
I just want to take the picture.
我只是想拍点照片
You took my picture.
你已经拍过我的照片了
You took my picture last night. Is this why?
你昨晚拍的 这是原因吗
No. That was different. I'm not gonna die!
不 那不一样 我不会死的
Turn that off. No.
关掉 不
Turn it off right now! Put it down!
马上关掉 放下
There is nothing to be done for it.
这于事无补
You took my phone. Why?
你拿了我的手♥机♥ 为什么
Please,just give me a chance.
求你了 给我一个机会
What don't you want me to know?
你有什么不想让我知道的
He's coming. He's coming,
他就来了 他就要来了
and you should just make your peace.
你该让自己平静点
Shut up!
闭嘴
He's here.
他到了
Agent?
探员
Oh, God. Don't.
喔 上帝 不要
No, no, no, no, no.
不 不 不
Come on, come on. Damn it!
快点 快点 该死
I'll get help. We need some help in here!
我去叫人 这里需要帮助
Do you see him?
你看到他了吗
Do you see him?
你看到他了吗
Don't look.
不要看
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表