剧集 | 错位青春(2011) | 导航列表
我们不能因为自己不开心就随意侵犯
We can't infringe upon someone's first amendment rights
-《第一修正案》赋予人的权利 -没错
- whenever our feelings are hurt. - Exactly.
美国的言论自♥由♥也有很多法律限制
There are plenty of legal limits to free speech in the US.
你们想知道什么是犯罪吗
You wanna know what's a crime?
在拥挤的影院中大喊"着火了"
Shouting "fire" in a crowded theater,
对女性发表一些不当言论
making rude suggestions to women,
以及威胁他人并进行种族歧视
and threatening someone using racial slurs.
我说的不是性骚扰或是人身威胁
No, I wasn't talking about sexual harassment or threats.
等等 你是达芙妮·瓦斯克斯
Wait, you're Daphne Vasquez?
你是拉丁人吗
Are you even Latina?
我是波多黎各人 在河东区长大
I'm Puerto Rican. I grew up in East Riverside.
我现在知道你是谁了
I know who you are now.
你♥爸♥是那个皇家队的球员 那个白人球员
Your dad's that Royals player. That white Royals player.
她的肤色和这件事毫无关系
Her skin color is totally irrelevant, okay?
我们说的是言论自♥由♥ 不是种族歧视
We're talking about free speech, not racism.
别天真了 这件事明显就是种族歧视
Don't be naive. This is so -clearly a racism issue.
你这话倒说得轻巧
See, that's so easy for you to say.
你觉得我就没有被人歧视吗
You think I don't understand discrimination?
-我不知道吗 -你是在逗我吗
- I don't know? - Are you kidding me?
你永远都不会明白
You will never understand--
等等 都别吵了
Wait, wait, stop.
谁允许你把自己划到这件事里来的
And who gave you permission to own the struggle anyway?
-你说得对 -你也太种族歧视了吧 你怎么能这么说
- That's right! - You sound so racist. How can you even say that?
好了 都够了
Okay, okay, enough!
大家都冷静一下
Everybody settle down.
尽管这个话题很有意思
As fascinating as all this is,
但我们今天仍然需要讨论康德
we've still got Kant to wrestle with today.
你在这里做什么
What are you doing here?
那个词应该是叫"龟缩"吧
I believe the phrase is "hiding like a coward."
明戈
Mingo.
不管我走到哪里
Everywhere I went today,
大家总是像
people were just looking
看连环杀手一样看着我
at me like I was some kind of serial killer.
他们不可能永远愤怒的
They can't stay mad forever.
事态更严重了
It gets worse.
我一小时后得去见舍管委员会 好保住我的工作
I have to meet with the RA board in an hour to fight for my job.
这整件事都像是个噩梦
This whole thing is just a nightmare.
他们不可以为了这件事而解雇你
They can't fire you over this.
他们当然可以
Sure they can.
流言匪语上说 我是史上最差劲的宿管
According to Chat Bandit, I'm the worst RA alive.
如果他们就因为一套服装而解雇你
If they fire you over a costume,
学校就是表明他们可以审查我们的言行
the university is essentially declaring that they can censor us.
我们有权利得罪人
We have the right to offend people.
所以我们才是美国人
That's what makes us Americans.
如果我们让他人来规定我们的着装
If we let them tell us how to dress,
那下一步是什么 规定我们能读什么书
what's next? What books we can read?
可以浏览哪些网页吗
What websites we can visit?
你可以的
You can do this.
我知道你可以
I know you can.
去跟他们谈谈就好
Just talk to them.
嗯 你说得对
Yeah. You're right.
我能行的
I got this.
不过为了以防万一
But just in case, though,
你能不能...
do you think you could--
把你刚刚说过的话发条短♥信♥给我
you could text me some of that stuff you just said?
-嗨 妈妈 -嗨
- Hey, Mom. - Hey.
这些是怎么回事
What's all this?
我听说现在的孩子都靠这些来休闲取乐
Apparently it's what the kids do for fun these days.
你还好吗
You okay?
感觉你们的气氛挺紧张的
That seemed pretty intense over there.
-你看到我的文章了吗 -当然
- Did you read my article? - Of course.
我今天也听到很多孩子在流言匪语这件事
And I heard a lot of kids talk about it today.
你的影响力挺大啊
You made quite an impact.
是啊
Yeah.
墨西哥热巧克力马上就来
Mexican hot chocolate coming right up.
跟我谈谈吧
Talk to me.
我以为这篇文章能让大家看清
I thought I could use the article to show everyone
这整件事有多么荒唐
how crazy this whole thing is,
可我觉得我好像把事情闹得更糟了
but I feel like I just made things worse.
明戈做了个鲁莽的决定
Well, Mingo made a pretty clueless decision
穿成那样
to dress up like that.
你维护了他
You defended him.
你觉得他的服装是种族歧视
You think his outfit was racist?
当然了
Of course.
如果有人
How would you feel
戴着墨西哥宽边帽推着剪草机
if someone showed up at a party wearing a sombrero
来参加派对 说自己是拉丁人 你会怎么想
and pushing a lawnmower and said they were Latino?
我会很生气
I'd be offended.
-懂了吗 -但我还是会捍卫他
- See? - But I'd still defend his right
穿自己想穿的衣服的权利
to wear whatever he wanted.
就和我有骂他是个混球的自♥由♥一样
Just like I have the freedom to call him an ass.
你觉得我写那篇驳斥是不是做错了
Do you think that writing the op-ed was a mistake?
我可能并不赞同你的看法
I may not agree with your point of view,
但从小我就教育你要为自己的信仰而奋斗
but I raised you to fight for what you believe in.
你现在就在这么做
And you're doing that.
谢谢你
Thanks.
嗨 我把你的拿铁买♥♥来了
Hi. I got you your latte--
这是什么
What the hell is this?
猫头鹰
An owl?
我只是想让顾客开心
I was just trying to make the customer happy.
她想找一个独特的纹身
She was looking for a very specific piece,
我的图册里正好有
and I happened to have something like it in my book,
所以就达成了交易啊
and I made the sale!
你可以检查一下收款机里的钱
You can check the money in the register.
你给顾客看了你的画册
You showed a customer your book?
因为我有她想要的纹身
Because I had what she wanted.
真的很对不起 我保证这种事情不会再发生了
I'm so sorry. I promise it won't happen again.
我知道
I know it won't,
因为你被解雇了
because you're fired.
我真的很喜欢密苏里大学堪萨斯分校
I think I really like it here at UMKC.
那就好 我们也很想和你达成协议
That's great. Well, we really want to make this work.
那好 那我们就开始谈正事吧
Good. So, let's get down to business.
实际上 我们不会做任何的交易
Actually, there's not gonna be any business,
或者车 或者其它类似的东西
or car, or anything like that.
我真的不清楚其它学校向你提供什么条件
I mean, I really don't know what other schools are offering you,
但是我能给你的绝对不是车
but what I have beats the hell out of a car
或者一大笔现金
or a little bit of flash money.
约翰·肯尼什是一位出色的教练
You see, John Kennish is an incredible coach,
他在乎他的每一名队员
and he cares about every one of his players.
而且毫无疑问
And make no mistake about it,
他会带领这个团队挺进地区赛
he is going to take this team to the regionals,
然后进入世界大学生联赛
and then to the College World Series.
克里斯 如果你决定来这
Chris, if you decide to come here,
肯尼什教练将会
Coach Kennish is going to
保证为你提供职业选手的长远规划
make sure that you get a long look from the pros.
而且他能做到 因为他参加过大联盟
And he can do that, because he was in the majors.
还有一件事 我会保证
And one more thing. I will make sure
你会受到一流的教育
that you get a first-class education
并且拿到学位顺利毕业
and graduate with a degree.
所以认真长远地思考一下
So think long and hard about this,
因为我能提供给你的 是你的前途
because what I have to offer you is a future.
而与此相比 一辆车是九牛一毛
And compared to that, a car is chump change.
无意冒犯 但是你住着米申山的大房♥子
No offense, but that's easy for you to say
这样说太过轻松了
sitting in that big house in Mission Hills.
但是我呢
But me?
我得赚钱
I gotta get paid.
你还好吗
我被炒了
I got fired.
什么 为什么
我们能离开这吗
Can we just get out of here?
我有训练 而且我会待到很晚
为什么
剧集 | 错位青春(2011) | 导航列表