剧集 | 沉睡谷(2013) | 导航列表
According to the New Testament, "Witness" means "Martyr."
根据《新约全书》所说 见证人即为殉道者
They're destined to die for their testimonies.
他们注定要为见证而献身
What happens to the people that follow them?
那追随他们的人又有什么下场
Apostles usually suffer the same fate as the martyr.
使徒通常跟殉道者背负着一样的命运
You know I joined the service because I wanted to help people?
你知道当初我加入警队是想帮助他人
Then my little girl got hit by a car.
接着我的小女儿被车撞了
When I joined the force,
我加入军队后
I was gone so often my wife left me.
因为长年征战在外以至于妻子离我而去
And now you're telling me
现在你告诉我
that the grand prize for a life of public service might be death.
我将毕生献给公共服务 回报却是死亡
You have to have faith in the Lord's plan.
你要对上帝的计划有信心
If God has a plan, who's it for?
如果上帝早有计划 那是为谁准备的呢
Me or him?
是我还是他
Wait...
等等
what aren't you telling me?
有什么是你没告诉我的
What's happening to you, Frank?
你发生了什么事 弗兰克
I remember why I stopped coming here.
我记起了我为什么不再来这的原因
From the 18th century? No. I don't think we have any records
十八世纪的吗 不 我想我们没有任何
on Trinity Church.
关于圣三一教堂的记录
Madam, this town has existed since Adriaen van der Donck
女士 阿德里安·范·德·邓克在1655年
dubbed it "Sleeper's Haven" in 1655.
就将这个小镇称为"沉睡者的避难所"
Surely there must be some reference
我想小镇的历史协会一定会有一些
to its many houses of worship in the town's Historical Society.
关于这些本地教堂的记录
You speak with such authority on the past.
你似乎对历史非常了解
Without books,
如果没有书籍
we have neither a past nor a future.
我们就没有过去也没有未来
I would've thought a librarian above all would comprehend that.
您是个图书管♥理♥员♥ 应该深有体会
If we have anything on Trinity Church,
如果我们有任何关于圣三一教堂的资料
it would be in that section over there.
应该会存放在那边的区域
Feel free to look.
请随意浏览
I'll be in the back.
我就在后面
Mistletoe.
榭寄生
That, you recognize.
这个你还是认得的嘛
An enduring tradition,
一项经久不衰的传统
to the imminent peril of all the pretty housemaids.
对所有的漂亮女佣来说都是个灾难
Let's get to work.
我们还是来干正事吧
I found it.
我找到了
Grace Martha Dixon.
格蕾丝·玛莎·迪克森
Born 1751...
生于1751年
died 1784.
卒于1784年
She was a young woman.
她真是红颜薄命
It says here, according to eyewitness accounts,
这里有记载 据目击者所说
there was a fire.
当时发生了一场大火
They were trapped inside.
许多人被困在了里面
The local townspeople were afraid of Jeremy.
当地的居民都十分害怕杰里米
People claimed they had seen him start fires...
据说他只需要哭泣
just by crying.
便可以引起大火
Katrina's powers...
卡特里娜的能力
He inherited them.
被他继承了
After the house burned down,
房♥子被燃烧殆尽后
they found the boy the next morning,
他们在第二天早上发现了那个男孩
completely unhurt.
安然无恙
People came to believe he was some kind of monster.
人们逐渐相信他是一种怪物
After that, he was sent to a home
之后他被送去了一间
for orphan children of the war.
战时孤儿收♥容♥所♥
What happened to my child?
我的孩子之后怎么了
It doesn't say.
上面没写
My son...
我的儿子
was responsible for the death of your ancestors.
是你祖先丧命的罪魁祸首
It's not your fault.
这不是你的错
There's nothing you could've done.
对此你无能为力
I could've been there.
我本该陪在他身边的
That is a not a choice you were given, my friend.
你当时没有选择的权利 我的朋友
I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
To both of you.
对你们两个都是
I feared opening these doors would be painful.
我知道了解这一切会很痛苦
The home to which my son was sent...
我儿子被送去的收♥容♥所♥
does it have a name?
有名字吗
There's nothing here.
这里什么都没说
And don't count on Miss Helpful
也别指望"乐于助人小姐"
guiding us in the right direction.
会为我们指明方向
Oh...
是吗
she knows more than she's telling.
她没把她所知道的都说出来
Lying is a sin.
撒谎是种罪
I can sense a sin a mile away.
而我能在一英里外就能察觉到罪行
Miss Hudson?
哈德森小姐
She's gone.
她走了
Outside.
外面
God...
天哪
What could've done this?
什么东西会有这么大的威力
I won't be catching that later train, will I?
我赶不上下一班车了 对吗
Macey, your dad is here.
梅希 你♥爸♥爸来了
Okay, Mom. In a minute.
好 妈妈 马上来
So how's life in the small city?
小城市的生活如何
Big city was quieter.
还不如大城市安静
Well, that's you in a nutshell.
这太像你的风格了
Whenever you were here, you wanted to go.
待在一个地方 就迫不及待要离开
Whenever you were gone, you wished that you were here.
离开之后 又希望能回来
Cynthia...
辛西娅
I know that I made it hard on you.
我知道我当初待你不好
Always being gone.
我总是不在你身边
I just want you to know...
我只是想让你知道...
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
You deserve better.
是我配不上你
You know, if you would've told me that a year ago...
你知道吗 如果你一年前这么说
you would still be living in this house.
也许我们还能一起生活
I do now.
我现在知道了
Popski!
老爸
Little Bean!
小宝贝
Bye, Mama.
妈妈 拜拜
Bye-bye, honey.
亲爱的再见
You have fun, okay? Okay.
玩得开心点 好
Bye.
再见
The librarian's personal effects just came in from impound.
我刚刚从证物室拿到了图书管♥理♥员♥的私人物品
These are all of the archivist's possessions?
她的所有物品都在这儿吗
Just from her office at work.
这些是放在她办公室里的
Apparently, she has a personal safe.
显然 她的私人物品都放在保险箱里
You doing crosswords? As I said,
你是在做猜字谜吗 我说过
it distracts me from my troubles.
这样能够让我忘记自身的麻烦
A good puzzle misleads you.
好字谜会误导你
It sends you in one direction,
指给你一个错误的方向
fools you into thinking you know what's going on.
让你以为自己对情况一清二楚
But once you've discovered the trick,
可是一旦发现了陷阱所在
you see that there's often a hidden meaning.
就会发现总有不为人知的深意
Just as the librarian was trying to conceal something from us.
就像那名图书管♥理♥员♥试图隐瞒一些事一样
You don't, perhaps,
你们知不知道
know an unusual word for
"形容烦躁不安"的
"Fidgety and restless," do you?
一个特别词汇
Gumplefik.
闹心
Gumplefik?
闹心
A perfect fit.
完全正确
I'm still reconciling today's language and its advancements.
我还在适应目前的语言和先进程度
For example, in my era,
比如 在我的时代
a "Toilet" was a vanity cabinet,
"Toilet"是指梳妆柜[现意为抽水马桶]
"Intercourse" was simply "Social conversation,"
"Intercourse"只是指"社交"[现意为性♥交♥]
"Awful" meant "Awe-inspiring"...
"Awful"意思是"鼓舞人心的"[现意为糟糕]
So if I went out with a guy
所以如果我去约会
and we had "Awful intercourse,"
是一次"鼓舞人心的交往"[糟糕的性♥爱♥]
we'd be going on a second date?
可能会再跟这个人约会
Disconcerting, yet accurate.
虽然很尴尬 但事实如此
剧集 | 沉睡谷(2013) | 导航列表