剧集 | 监狱风云(1997) | 导航列表
We were beaten as kids, ignored,
小时候就被人欺负 被人忽视
in and out of juvie all the time.
经常进进出出少管所
Then Cyril gets his brain smashed in,
西瑞尔脑子被打伤
and we're stuck in this shithole for the next 90 years.
我们要在这个鬼地方被再关上九十年
Nothingness is better than a lifetime in Oz.
离开这个世界 也好过在奥兹一辈子
Once he's gone, he's gone forever,
他一走 就永远走了
and you will have to live every day
而你必须继续你在这里的日子
with the part you played in that.
承受你对他做过的一切
Believe me, I accept everything I've done to screw up Cyril's life.
相信我 我毁了西瑞尔一辈子 我接受
I can carry this. No.
我会一直背负 不
No, you won't be able to. And what makes you say that?
你做不到 你凭什么这么说
Because I know you, Ryan. What?!
因为我了解你 瑞恩 什么
You think you know me?
你了解我
Because we sit around and jaw, you got me all figured out?
因为我们聊过天 你就全了解我了吗
Is that it, huh? Let me tell you something, Ma.
是吗 我告诉你吧 妈
Even if you'd been in that house my whole life,
即使你在那房♥子里待一辈子
you wouldn't have a fuckin' clue who I am.
都不会了解我到底是什么人
Ryan. Let me out of here!
瑞恩 放我出去
Ryan?
瑞恩
The only way to win this case on appeal is in the court of public opinion.
赢得本案上诉的唯一办法是公共舆♥论♥
In 1989, the Supreme Court ruled
1989年 最高法♥院♥裁定
that executing the mentally retarded
处死智障人士
was not a violation of the Eighth Amendment,
并不违反宪法第八修正案
because there's no national consensus against such punishment.
因为并没有"全国共识"一致反对这种刑罚
So we have to demonstrate in court now
那我们就向法庭展示
that there is a consensus,
有这种"共识"
that even Americans who believe in the death penalty
即使是支持死刑的美国人
find these particular executions to be cruel and unusual punishment.
也认为这种惩罚"残酷和非常"
We need to get the media aroused.
我们要引起媒体关注
Sister, can you get out a press release
修女 你能否准备份新闻稿
to the effect that it's impossible to determine
大意是 根本无法确定
the extent of Cyril's culpability?
西瑞尔的负责程度
I mean, he knew he did something wrong,
他知道自己错了
but he has no sense of the gravity.
但他没有内疚感
A press release isn't enough. We should hold a press conference.
一份新闻稿还不够 我们要举♥行♥新闻发布会
I want to make it clear that I was never able
我想清楚表明 我根本没办法
to discuss the specifics of the case with Cyril,
和西瑞尔讨论案件的具体情况
that he did not actively participate in his own defense.
他根本无法为自己辩护
Father Meehan, do you really think we can pull this off?
米汉神父 你真的认为我们能行吗
The law is like God Almighty Himself...
法律就像上帝一样
it moves in strange ways,
运作方式很奇怪
so we have to keep nudging it toward a more merciful outcome.
我们必须朝着更仁慈的方向推进
Everybody, check it out. Shupe's back.
各位 崔普回来了
Let's give him a hand.
我们给他只手鼓鼓掌吧
You're a regular Chris Rock there, O'Reily.
你真是大笑星啊 奥雷利
What can I say? It's a talent. Speaking of talents,
怎么说呢 天赋啊 说到天赋
you made a deal with us. We'd hurt Shupe if you airholed Jia Kenmin.
我们说好了 我们伤了崔普 你废掉贾恳民
I never said I'd do the deed myself.
我没说要自己去做
I'm gonna find someone to do it who the C.O.s can't blame.
我要找个狱警责怪不到的人来做
Who? The C.O.s themselves.
谁 狱警自己
I hear justice has been served.
我听说正义得到伸张了
Your brother's going to die for whacking Li Chen.
你弟弟会因为袭击李辰被处死
My only wish is that you'd been in court the day I testified.
真希望我出庭作证那天 你在场
Li Chen, he was a good man who wouldn't hurt a flea.
李辰 他是好人 连虫子都不会杀死
I even choked back a fuckin' tear.
我当时还闪着泪光呢
I was brilliant.
我真是天才
Wonton.
中国佬
Get off him. Get off him now.
放开他 放开他
Fuckin' cocksucker.
王八蛋
Son of a bitch!
混♥蛋♥
You're going to be fine.
你会没事的
How you feeling? Sore.
感觉如何 酸
How's Jia? I didn't get to see him.
贾怎么样 我没机会看他
The C.O.s threw him directly into solitary.
狱警直接把他扔到禁闭室了
It's not nice to hit the hacks.
袭击看守可不好
Given his previous concussion, I'm a little worried.
他以前就有脑震荡 我有点担心
Don't be. It's better for all of us if Jia goes back into another coma.
没必要 贾要是再次昏迷 对我们都好
I'll get someone to take you back.
我让人带你回去
I'll take him.
我带他
Appreciate what you did today, O'Reily.
感激你今天帮忙 奥雷利
If you hadn't gotten there when you did,
你要不是及时赶到
that chink would have snapped my neck. I was just returning the favor.
那货就割了我的喉了 我只是回报下罢了
Yeah, Jia, man, he's got some set of balls.
贾 他还真是有种
He's always talking about what pussies you hacks are.
他成天说你们看守全是娘们儿
Yeah? Well, he's got a lesson coming.
是吗 他会有教训的
He'll learn.
他会知道的
Hey, Jia.
贾
How's the head?
头怎么样了
Fuck you.
操
See, I would call that an act of aggression.
这个应该叫攻击行为
Oh! Jeez!
天
You happy with what you did?
你为自己的所作所为高兴吧
What'd I do?
什么所作所为
Got your revenge on Jia Kenmin.
报复贾恳民
That motherfucker came at me. I saw otherwise.
那王八蛋袭击我 我看到正相反
Keep your fuckin' mouth shut.
闭上你的臭嘴
You wear that cross of gold. Why?
你戴着十字架 为什么
Do you believe in the risen Christ, or is it just a bauble?
你相信基♥督♥ 还是只是装饰品
What happened to you when you were a child?
你小时候发生了什么
What made you walk away from the church?
你怎么会离开教堂
I didn't walk away, I ran. Why?
我没有离开 我逃跑了 为什么
When I was a kid...
我小时候
and all the shit was going down at our house,
家里一堆烂事
my dad was wailing on us non-stop,
我爸一直打我们
so I went to our pastor.
所以我去牧师那里
I had a welt on my back the size of this fist.
我背上有块拳头大小的伤
So I asked the good monsignor
所以我请求那位尊贵的教士
if he could please talk to my dad and ask him to stop beating on us.
跟我爸说说 不要再打我们
He said if my dad hit us, it was because we were bad
他说如果我爸打我们 那是因为我们坏
and we deserved to be punished.
活该受到惩罚
Then he told me to go home and "honor thy father."
然后他让我回家 荣耀我的父亲
There are bad priests,
那是坏牧师
but there are lots of good ones too.
但也有很多好牧师
Your priest wasn't there for you, but I am.
你的牧师没有帮你 我帮
I'm here for you,
我来是为了帮你
and I'm here for your brother.
为了帮你弟弟
No, it's too late, Father.
太晚了 神父
It's too fuckin' late.
太他妈晚了
John and Jane Doe, both looking slim and sexy,
某男和某女 都很苗条 很性感
meet, fall in love, decide to get married.
相遇了 相爱了 决定结婚了
John buys a nice fat diamond for Jane's finger.
某男给某女买♥♥了硕大的钻戒
Sweet, except for the fact that people in Africa
真甜蜜啊 可惜的是 非洲人♥民♥
are living in shit because of those precious little stones.
就因为那些珍贵的小石头生活得水深火热
Men are dying every day in dangerous mines.
无数人在钻石矿中死去
Men are dying every day in civil wars
无数人在为控制钻石交易
fought to control the diamond trades.
而引发的内战中死去
Anyway, John and Jane get married,
总之 某男和某女结婚了
start pumping out the kids.
开始生儿育女
Shit, even God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply,
靠 上帝还要求亚当和夏娃"生养众多"
but now we've multiplied to the point of plague...
我们现在却生养得泛滥成灾了
six billion and counting.
六十亿了还打不住
Suddenly, my cell don't seem so cramped.
这么一来 我的牢房♥好像也不算窄了
I don't know how I'm going to give Julie up.
我不知道要怎么放手让朱莉离开了
I had a kid once. Died.
我曾经有过孩子 死了
It fuckin' nearly crippled me.
差点毁了我
I ain't felt love since then,
从那之后 我就没感觉到爱了
until now.
直到现在
You know that C.O. that you blinded?
知道你弄瞎的那个狱警吗
Eugene Rivera? Yeah. Is he going to get your dog?
尤金·里韦拉 对 他会得到你的狗吗
No. He shouldn't. He don't want any part of anything
不 他不会 他不想跟我
剧集 | 监狱风云(1997) | 导航列表