抱歉我迟到了
Ho! Hey, sorry I'm late!
我刚刚又卖♥♥出去一座豪♥宅♥
I just sold another mansion.
你好吗 亲爱的
How you doin', honey?
历史充满了激烈的竞争
History is full of great rivalries--
雅典与斯巴达 凯瑞甘与哈丁
Athens and Sparta, Kerrigan and Harding,
菲尔·邓菲和格尔·索普
Phil Dunphy and Gil Thorpe.
现在这种局面 他是汤娅 我是南希
In this scenario, he's the Tonya, I'm the Nancy.
[花样滑冰选手汤娅·哈丁攻击了对手南希·凯瑞甘]
注意了 孩子们
Pay attention, kids.
即将演讲的是镇上排名第4的地♥产♥经纪人
You're about to hear from the number four realtor in town.
无论如何 我不打算做无聊的演讲
Anyway, uh, I'm not gonna bore you guys with a lecture.
相反 我想让你们看看
Instead, I'd like you to watch
我和一个年轻人之间的对话
as I converse with a young man
他正在思考自己的人生目标
who's wondering what to do with his life.
孩子你好
Hey, kid.
孩子 看这里 看这里
Hey, kid, up here! Up here!
老兄 什么事
Yo, dude! Whassup?
我来告诉你什么事
I'll tell you what's up.
我想帮助你
I'm interested in helping you
给你讲讲在房♥地♥产♥界打拼的事情
by telling you all about a career in real estate.
房♥地♥产♥ 不就是买♥♥♥房♥♥子和卖♥♥♥房♥♥子吗
Real estate? Isn't that just buying and selling houses?
我没空搞那个 太没用了
I don't have time for that. Epic fail.
看来我们得从头讲起了
Sounds like we need to start at the beginning.
你看 房♥地♥产♥这行的重点就是人
You see, real estate is about people.
人
People?
你说得太对了菲尔 我们这份工作
Couldn't agree more, Phil. Best part of our job
最大的妙处就是让对的人住进对的家
is putting the right person in the right home.
-格尔 -实际上 就在上周
- Gil... - Matter of fact, last week,
我让一对"西班牙"夫妇住进了
I put a "Spanish" Couple into
[美国人把所有拉丁美洲人都叫做西班牙人]
-西班牙式的房♥子 -格尔
- a Spanish home. - Gil.
一个没有房♥子的世界 那真是太疯狂了
A world without houses? That's cray cray.
好的 好的
Okay. Okay.
菲尔对不起 我不是故意搞砸你的表演
Phil, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to screw up your little show.
我知道这种表演把握好时间最重要
I know timing is critical on these things.
-拜托格尔 -相信我 我最不想
- Gil, please. - Believe me, the last thing I want to do is...
7频道天气预报员的房♥子是你卖♥♥给他的吗
You sold a house to the channel 7 weatherman?
不 不是
No. No.
但科比·布莱恩特有套房♥子是我卖♥♥给他的
But I did sell one to Kobe Bryant.
什么 他不是在跟你说话 是跟我
What?! Guess what? He's not talking to you. He's talking to me.
其实我有个很好笑的故事要讲
And I have a very funny story, actually.
-有个人走进...不 -太好笑了
- A guy walks into... No. - That's hilarious.
不 我还没讲呢
No! I haven't told it!
好吧 对了
Okay, um... Oh!
好球 你说得对
Great throw. You were right.
-确实该看我的了 -就看你的了
- It is in my court. - Ball's in your court!
但你们猜怎么着 其实一直都是我
But guess what-- it was me the whole time.
怎样
What?!
快点孩子们 快点
Come on, kids, come on.
鼓起掌来 鼓起来 他尽力了
Give it up! Give it up! He tried.
我想我们都明白你的意思 菲尔
I think we all know what you were going for, Phil.
不过我看到有几个孩子饿了
But I'm lookin' out here, and I'm seeing some hungry kids.
我说对了没 所以我才买♥♥了这么多的
Am I right? That's why I brought plenty of...
格尔腌黄瓜
Gil pickles!
谁想来个格尔腌黄瓜
Who wants a Gil pickle?
来吧 我看都有谁
Come on. Let me see 'em.
好的 来吧 来拿吧
All right. Come on. Grab one.
格尔腌黄瓜
Gil pickles.
太有才了
Genius.
比我的菲尔枕套强多了
So much better than my Phil-low cases.
克莱尔都不喜欢
Claire wasn't a fan.
床上有一个他已经足够了
One of him in bed is more than enough.
听到了吗 女士们
Do you hear that, ladies?
好了 点击"发送"键
All right. Just hit "Send."
你刚刚卖♥♥出了一幢房♥子
Hey! You just sold a house!
而那就是你余生要追求的高目标
And you're gonna be chasing that high for the rest of your life.
大家给她鼓鼓掌吧
Give her a round of applause, everybody.
她刚刚卖♥♥出了一幢房♥子
She just sold a house.
孩子们 感谢你们今天请我来
I wanna thank you kids for having me here today.
请记住房♥地♥产♥这一行的三大准则
And remember the three rules of real estate--
索普 索普 索普
Thorpe, Thorpe, Thorpe!
谢谢你 索普先生
Thank you, Mr. Thorpe.
看来我们还剩下一些时间
It turns out we have a little extra time.
-邓菲太太 -怎么了
- Uh, Mrs. Dunphy? - Yes?
同学们一定想听听你的工作
I'm sure the class would love to hear from you.
不 我只是过来给我老公帮忙的
Oh, no. I just came in to help my husband.
我是个全职主妇
I'm a... I'm a stay-at-home mom.
我知道 那也是个很重要的职业
I know. And that's a very important job.
没错 好吧
It is. Uh, yeah.
我可以 我可以讲一讲
I can--I can do this for a minute.
全职主妇
Um, stay-at-home mom.
那就意味着 我实际上
Uh, what that means is I actually have
要做好几项不同的工作
a whole bunch of different jobs.
我既是司机 也是厨师
I am a chauffeur, a chef,
还是管家
Uh, a house manager,
-护士 -这是你小时候的理想吗
- A nurse. - Is it what you always wanted to do?
不 不算吧
No. Not exactly.
我上过大学 学的是市场营销
Uh, I went to college, uh, to study marketing
还在一家大型酒店企业工作过
and worked at one of those big hotel companies.
但自从我有了孩子
But when my kids came along,
我就想在家照顾他们
I just wanted to be there.
给他们擦鼻涕 给他们换尿布
You know, wipe their noses and change their diapers
夜里给他们盖好被子
And tuck 'em in at night.
妈妈
Mom!
郑重声明 我擦什么都是自己擦的
For the record, I do all my own wiping.
那你为什么不重返职场呢
So why haven't you gone back to work?
我最近做了很多事 我整修了一幢房♥子
I've done a few things lately. I just redid a house,
去年还参选了市政议员
and I ran for city council last year.
你现在是市政议员吗
You're on the city council?
不 我没当上
No. I-I didn't win.
-你输了 -不是说了"没当上"吗
- You lost? - That's what "Didn't win" means.
我本来想等孩子们长大些
I... I thought I would be going back to work
就回去工作
when the kids got older,
不过 这事没有你们想的那么简单
But it--it's not as easy as you might think.
要知道 一个年近40的女人
You know, people aren't exactly lining up
在职场上并不抢手
to hire a woman who's almost 40
何况我都15年没有工作了
and has been out of the job market for 15 years.
我记得你已经42岁了
I thought you were 42.
42和40很接近 卢克
That's almost 40, Luke.
我4岁时我妈妈就回去工作了
My mom went back to work when I was 4.
所以你家才没有人教你不要打断别人说话
Oh, so there was no one at home to teach you not to interrupt?
好了 好了
Okay. Hey, hey, hey!
我来告诉你们吧
Let me tell you something.
全职妈妈们都是英雄
Stay-at-home moms are heroes.
-没错 -她们是这个国家的栋梁
- Yeah. - They're the backbone of this country.
谢了 格尔
Thanks, Gil.
如果非要我做那样的工作
I mean, if I had to do that job,
我大概早把自己喝死了 真的
I'd probably drink myself to death, honestly.
好了 我们给她一些掌声吧
All right, let's give her a round of applause, everybody.
来嘛
Come on.
来嘛 把手拍响点儿 让我听见
Oh, come on, you can do better than that. Let me hear ya!
很好 很好
All right! All right!
好了 下课了 都走吧
All right, class dismissed. Get out of here!
不
No!
不 不 不
No, no, no.
还有 同学们 还有3个小时才结束
We have... Guys, we have three more hours.
-给 -我的旧打字机
- Here. - My old typewriter.
你不是说你想写作吗 写吧
You said you want to write. Write.
现在吗 我今天很忙
Now? I've got a busy day.
我已经给你办公室打过电♥话♥了
I already called your office
告诉他们 你今天不会去公♥司♥
And told them that you can't come in
剧集 | 摩登家庭 | 导航列表