剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
Thank you both.
谁要赢了
Who's winning?
现在比分很接近
It's too close to call.
我讨厌听起来像被技术宠坏的千禧一代
I hate to sound like the tech-spoiled millennial,
我们不能买♥♥一台这世纪造的
but couldn't we get a copier from
真正能用的复印机吗
this century that actually works?
依我们的预算情况看 不行
According to our budget, no.
我们只比苦行僧强一级
We're one step up from scrolling monks.
说起来有点讽刺 我们把钱
It's kind of ironic that we send money
送给发展中国家的人们
to people in developing nations
可是...
and yet...
这只是这边的讽刺冰山的小角
This is the tip of the irony iceberg around here.
公共服务世界的魅力
The glamorous world of public service.
看起来有点性感哦 男人穿着弄脏的工作服
Kind of sexy-- a guy in stained work clothes.
很有劳伦斯[著名作家]的味道
Very DH Lawrence.
好了
Okay,
不要跟我调情
don't flirt with me.
我没有
I'm not.
你有
You are.
跟你刚甩掉的人调情是很残忍♥的
It's cruel to flirt with someone you just dumped.
我没有甩掉你 我...
I did not dump you. I...
我做了负责任的选择
made the responsible choice
选择不再继续我们的关系
and chose not to continue the relationship.
好吧
Okay.
在那之后跟人调情是很残忍♥的
Well, it's cruel to flirt with someone after that.
问一下 就问一下
Look, I'm just asking, just,
你能带张职业化的面具吗
could you hide behind a mask of professionalism?
像我一样
Like I'm doing.
这里交给你了
It's all yours.
听着 各位 这次参议院调查
Okay, listen, guys, this Senate investigation
是件大事
is gonna be a big deal.
我们没有什么问题
Now, there's nothing there,
所以也不用担心
so we have nothing to worry about.
但它会很烦人 会咄咄逼人
But it's gonna be noisy, and it's gonna be in your face,
还可能持续很长时间
and it could go on for quite a while.
比小♥额♥贷♥款♥的事还大吗
Bigger than the Microloans thing?
恐怕是的 宝贝
Well, afraid so, Noodle.
好吧
Okay.
有什么我们没看到的希望曙光吗
Is there some sort of silver lining we're not seeing here?
矛盾塑造人格算吗
Conflict builds character?
这不好笑 妈妈
It's not funny, Mom.
总统和我在政♥变♥后出尽风头
Look, the president and I came out on top after the coup.
有一小波很招摇的派系分子
There's a small but loud faction of people
想把我们拉下马 仅此而已
who want to tear us down. That's all it is.
我们会撑过去的
We'll get through it.
既然是家庭会议
Okay, since this is a family meeting,
我们不是该投票吗
don't we get to take a vote?
谁受够妈妈的工作了
Okay, who's officially over Mom's job?
各位
Guys.
我
I am.
别闹了
Cut it out.
怎么 她接受工作时我们也投票了
What? We got a vote on her taking the job.
对 我们都承诺了
Yeah, we all made a commitment.
那是之前我们不知道
That was before we knew
这又多讨厌 现在我们知道了
how much it would suck. Now we know.
我们作为一家人一起承诺的
We made a commitment as a family.
各位
Guys...
辞职不在讨论范围内
quitting the job is not on the table.
我们只是想提前告诉你们事情可能会到哪步
We just wanted to give you a heads-up on how much it's going
并跟再次跟你们保证一切都会好
to suck, and to reassure you that it's gonna be okay.
我没什么可藏的事
I have nothing to hide.
有问题吗
Questions?
有 你什么时候能辞职
Yeah. When can you quit the job?
你开玩笑吗
Are you kidding?
拜托 团结一点 各位
Come on, solidarity, guys.
我们"麦考德一家"的精神呢
What happened to "Go team McCord"?
我们真的需要在乎
Do we really need to care
咱们的青春期儿女对我工作的意见吗
what our teenagers think about my job?
我是个公会领袖的儿子
Well, I was the son of a union leader.
我曾因为我爸的工作被人扔石头砸过
I got rocks thrown at me because of my dad's job.
这周 他们恨我们
You know what? This week, they hate us.
如果下周我们能拿到某场全国赛的包厢票
Next week, if we could get box seats
他们就又高兴得飞上月亮了
to a Nationals game, they'd be over the moon.
我们从没全面利用那些特权
We never go full bore on the perks.
确实应该去弄个全国赛的包厢座
We should absolutely get box seats to the Nationals.
我从第一天就开始说
Well, I-I've been saying since day one.
听到斯蒂芬支持妈妈是多好的事情啊
How nice was it to hear Stevie be supportive of her mother?
看起来她不恨你了
Whom she no longer hates, apparently.
跟某个麦考德之队的人预测得一样
As predicted by someone on Team McCord.
好吧 炫耀吧 队长
Okay, reel it in, Captain.
你说对了
You were right.
她似乎也挺喜欢你的 我们都是赢家
She also seems to like you okay, so, we both win.
现在另外两个又恨我们了
Now the other two are mad at us.
那不重要
It doesn't matter.
那两个我们还可以用军事学校的办法管
Those two we can still threaten with military school.
我爱你和你的聪慧教子风格
I love you and your sensible parenting style.
站长
Station Chief?
亲爱的 那可是个大任务
Babe, that's an enormous job.
对
Yeah.
我知道
I know.
在巴格达生活
Living in Baghdad?
要多久
Wow. For how long?
我想
Well, I mean,
至少得去一年
I'd probably have to put in
才能发挥作用吧
at least a year to be effective.
离开我们一年
A year away from us?
康拉德给了我不少职责
Conrad is putting a lot of responsibility on my shoulders.
我要去管理审讯工作
I would be running the interrogation operations.
保证他们高效完成
Making sure they're done effectively
并且不越界
without crossing any lines,
让我们远离滑坡谬误
which will keep us far and away from the slippery slope.
我理解那工作
Yeah, I understand the job.
我... 为什么非得你去呢
I... why does it have to be you?
因为是我给白宫提出建议
Because I wrote the proposal
要他们重新考虑他们的政策
asking the White House to reconsider their policy.
对 当初你还坚持
Yeah, you're also the person
要在兰利做文职工作
who insisted on having a desk job at Langley
以保证可以跟家人在一起呢
so you could be with your family.
后来世界变了
Yeah, well, then the world changed.
四年
Four years.
911就只是一个糟糕的日子
9/11 was just a bad day,
我们要开始忘记了吗
and already, we're starting to forget?
我在伊♥拉♥克♥打过仗 我什么都没忘
I served in combat in Iraq. I'm not forgetting anything.
但是的
And, yeah,
人们的伤口开始愈合了 那没什么错
people are recovering. There's nothing wrong with that.
我跟你说 亨利
Let tell you something, Henry.
还有很多人
There are a lot of people
在做我做的事 所以人们才能愈合伤口
doing what I do, so that they can recover.
他们能够享受这种忘却
They have the luxury of forgetting
是因为我们拒绝忘记
because we refuse to.
没人忘记
No one is forgetting.
但感觉不是那样
That's not what it feels like.
我是在说...
I am talking about...
小声点
Shh!
我们的婚姻跟孩子
...our marriage and our children.
我说的是更崇高的目标 能让他们的日子更安稳
And I am talking about a higher purpose which serves them.
我们刚结婚的时候 你去打仗了
You went off to war when we were newlyweds.
你嫁给了一个海军陆战队员
You married a Marine.
那你娶了一个间谍
You married a spy.
是做文职的间谍
With a desk job.
我去巴格达做文职
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表