剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
- 明白 -明白
- I got it. - I got it.
我知道了
I got it.
看在老天的份上
Oh, for Pete's sake!
互相协作好吗
Work together.
您是对的
You're right.
来吧
Come on.
热火消防队已经在路上了
But the Hotshots are in the air.
恐怕他们一着陆
And I'm afraid that once they land,
我们将不得不让他们折返了
we will be forced to turn them back.
为什么呢
But why?
我不理解
I don't understand.
我们愿意接受美国的遏制大火的援助
We are willing to accept U.S. containment aid,
但赫潘扎公♥司♥必须先为这场灾难道歉
but Hepanza must apologize for this disaster first.
美国 就像印度一样
The United States, like India,
是一个民♥主♥国家
is a democracy.
我无法强制一个私人企业去承担这个责任
I can't force liability on a private company.
那么或许你可以说服他们
Then perhaps you can persuade them
主动承担责任
to take it on themselves.
一天前 我们还一起在印度
We were in India together just a day ago.
看到了美国国际开♥发♥署和印度国家灾害管理局
We watched USAID work with India's NDMA
一起合作 处理震后事宜
with great success after the quake.
我们对此确实十分感激
And for that we are very grateful.
那为什么不能继续我们的伙伴关系呢
So why can't that partnership continue?
为什么这次的泄漏会造成这么大影响
Why why is this spill any different?
地震是上帝所为
The earthquake was an act of God.
但这次化学物质的泄漏
But a chemical spill
是美国公♥司♥
at the hands of
一手造成的
an American corporation?
对于赛格总理来说
To Prime Minister Saigal,
就像是一个征兆
it feels like a sign,
一个对外国投资开放大门的惩罚
punishment for opening the door wider to foreign investment.
赫潘扎公♥司♥是依照工业协会的标准开办的
Hepanza adhered to MIP standards,
并且也得到了印度政♥府♥的批准了
sanctioned by the Indian government.
赛格总理给自己烙上了深深的烙印
Saigal has branded himself.
认为印度是一个伟大的民族
India's great nationalist.
对他来说要接受来自
For him to accepting help
美国政♥府♥的援助那就等于是
from the American government
给自己国家的形象抹黑 更何况这是美国公♥司♥造成的
for an industrial disaster at an American plant
一场工业灾难
tarnishes that image.
所以在同情心和成千上万印度纳税人
So pride wins over compassion
面前你们国家的尊严占了上风
and millions of Indians pay?
这是一个新上任未经考验的
It's an emotional response
保守派以及他的内阁亲信们
from a new, untested reactionary
所会有的一种真实反应
and his cabinet of cronies.
也包括你吗
Yourself included?
道歉条款是我提出的
The apology stipulation was my idea.
这是我对我的人们所能做的最好的了
It was the best I could do to help my people.
我没有权利给你承诺
I'm not in a position to give you that.
我也没有权利去接受美国的援助
Then I am not in a position to accept American aid.
看来我们只能谈到这了
That is where we are.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
绝对不行
Absolutely not.
我不会道歉的
I will not apologize.
赫潘扎公♥司♥没有做错
Hepanza did nothing wrong.
这是不可能的
It's out of the question.
印度没有权利让美国公♥司♥按他们的要求来道歉
India can't make a U.S. company genuflect on command.
那么不妨考虑一下和解
Then consider a compromise.
听着 热火消防队是印度控制大火
Look, the Hotshots are India's best hope
和堵住泄漏源的最好的希望
at stopping the fire and plugging this leak.
是的 于此同时还有谁在帮他们呢 我们
Yeah, and who's on it in the meantime? Us.
赫潘扎已经建立了诊疗所
Hepanza has set up clinics,
我们已经成立的受难者救助基金
we've set up a victims' relief fund,
我们已经倾尽全力来平息这次泄漏事件了
we've done everything possible to mitigate this leak.
并非倾尽全力
Well, not everything.
你知道如果我揽下这个责任的话
Do you know what my lawyers would do to me
我的律师会对我做什么吗
if I accepted liability?
与我的股东反应相比
And that would be a cakewalk
那是轻而易举的事
compared to my shareholders' reaction.
那我要怎么跟赛格说呢
Then give me something to bring back to Saigal.
赫潘扎没做错任何事
Hepanza did nothing wrong.
油罐已经达到印度标准了
The tank was up to Indian standards.
把金属的等级提升到美国标准
Elevating the metal grade to U.S. standards
会花费你二十万美金
would have cost you $200,000.
而那只是相当于你们去年一笔两亿
That's a drop in the bucket for a corporation
合作项目的九牛一毛
that took in $2 billion last year alone.
国务卿女士 我的工作...
Madam Secretary, my job as...
总统先生 您让我深信美印合作伙伴
Mr. President, you convinced me of the importance
关系的重要性
of an Indo-American partnership.
那么别让这事给我们的成果蒙上阴影
Let's not let this overshadow our gains.
这恰恰就是为什么要让印度政♥府♥和赫潘扎
That's precisely why India and Hepanza
公♥司♥私下处理这件事的原因了
have to sort this out alone.
失陪了
Sir.
我想不论如何我们都应该让赛格
I guess we should have let Saigal
在大选后先冷静一下了
cool off post-election after all.
在此郑重声明 我觉得去土耳其是个好主意
For the record, I thought Turkey was a great idea.
嘿
Hey.
我需要您和斯科特谈谈
I need you to talk to Scott.
好吧
All right.
但我的首席传达者
But I'm a little troubled
竟然无法沟通 这样我很苦恼
that my head communicator can't.
我跟他聊过了
Oh, I have.
但是他坚持和印度一起领头
But he insists on taking the lead with India.
那孩子以为自己受到鼓舞有了某种神圣权利
Kid thinks he's been touched by some divine and inspired right.
就因为我的护照出了问题
Just because I had a passport issue.
你真的认为
Do you really think
美国的首席外交官
that the lead diplomat for the United States of America
搞不定外交护照办公室吗
can't handle the Diplomatic Passport Office?
我把它当做考验斯科特的一次机会
I used it as an opportunity to test out Scott.
他更渴望这份工作 马特 我的意思是 承认吧
He's hungrier, Matt. I mean, admit it,
你的心思不在工作上
your heart's not really in this job.
- 什么 - 拜托
- What? - Come on,
自从我任职 你就一直盘算着离开
you've been clocking the exit since I started.
我知道你修改了简历
I know you revised your résumé.
好吧 没错 但那是因为
Okay, yeah, but that was because,
因为你会开除所有人
uh, because you were gonna fire everybody.
不 并非如此 我...
No, it's not that. I...
我曾亲眼目睹你为马尔什工作
I saw your work for Marsh.
我知道你有多大能耐
I know what you're capable of.
但是 最近
But lately?
你并没有认真对待工作
You're not serious about the work.
- 我很认真 - 我看不到
- I am. - I don't see it.
我并不认为斯科特是天才
It's not that I think Scott's a genius.
他是个新手
He's green. I'd have to
我必须指导他 带着他
guide him, bring him along.
但是 伙计 他全身心扑在工作上
But, boy, he's all in.
我绝不是在质疑你的能力
It's not your talent I'm questioning.
我在怀疑你的付出程度
It's your level of commitment.
你是个认真负责的人吗
Are you a serious person?
因为我只想与认真的人一起工作
Because I only have time for people who are.
国务卿...
Ma'am...
赫潘扎公♥司♥能暂时雇佣热火消防队吗
could Hepanza temporarily hire the Hotshots?
只需... 把他们当成雇员安排进去
Just... slip them in as employees?
如果我有能力说服泰德·格雷姆
If I thought I could get Ted Graham to do anything,
我们就不用在这讨论了
we wouldn't be here.
我们继续想办法
Let's keep thinking on it.
我可以换种思维谈谈吗
Can I take the conversation in a different direction?
请说
Please, be my guest.
我们先把救助的事放一边
We're past salvaging this.
我们现在能挽救的是您
What we can save is your standing.
我们需要粉饰这趟赫潘扎公♥司♥之行
We need to spin the Hepanza visit.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表