剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
我马上到 谢谢
I'll be right in. Thank you.
跟伊朗打起来了
We're at war with Iran?
加拿大倒是先动手了
No. With Canada.
仅仅是几艘小渔船而已 无需大惊小怪 国务卿女士
These are a few fishing boats, Madam Secretary.
是被你方
These are American boats,
强制登船扣押了的美属船只
boarded and seized.
我肯定 船上的鲑鱼是属于加拿大的
Uh, the salmon, I believe, are Canadian.
这很明显违反了
It's a clear violation
1985年的《太平洋渔业协议》
of the 2009 revision
在2009年的修订本
to the Pacific Fisheries Treaty
条例
of 1985.
这只是个小小的胁迫
This is simple enforcement.
你想要强制我
You're trying to strong-arm me
向外公开输油管道报告书
into releasing the pipeline report.
如果让你这样
I'm sorry
想的话 我很抱歉
you feel that way.
如果我偏不对外公开油管报告书
What if instead of releasing the report,
而选择取消对参加国家冰球联盟的每位
I canceled the Level P-1 temporary athletic visas
加拿大籍运动员开放P-1级临时签证会怎么样
of every Canadian national in the NHL?
因为这违反了
For violations
我国1965年制定的《移♥民♥与国籍法》
to Section 101 of the Immigration
中第101条款
and Nationality Act of 1965?
这也是小小的胁迫
Simple enforcement.
冰球赛季马上就要开始了
Hockey season starts soon.
我想这个赛季一定很短
That'll be a short season.
我相信你不会这样做的
I'm sure you wouldn't stoop to that.
当我方政♥府♥试图避免
And I was sure that in the face of our trying
与伊朗的军事冲突升级的时候
to avoid military escalation with Iran,
我也相信过你会同意我们的看法啊
you wouldn't stoop to this.
国务卿女士 让我再重申一次
I repeat, Madam Secretary,
贵国的那些渔船很明显违反了《渔业协议》
it's a clear violation of the Fisheries Treaty.
你知道吗
You know what?
你是对的
You're right.
让总统来决定这件事吧
Let's get the president in on this.
国务卿麦克德要和总统道尔顿通话
Secretary McCord for President Dalton.
国务卿女士 如果我释放那些渔船
What do I get out of this, Madam Secretary,
我能得到些什么好处
if I release the boats?
你不会发现你在深夜为了鲑鱼
You get to not find yourself on the business end
而和总统道尔顿通电♥话♥
of a midnight call with President Dalton about salmon.
你要叫醒他吗
Do you want to wake him?
我不清楚 莱斯特 你说呢
I don't know, Lester. Do I?
你们的渔船会被释放
Your boats will be released.
谢谢
Thank you.
取消通话
Cancel the call.
我保证将会细读报告书 等时机成熟
And I will read and release the report.
再将它对外公开
When I'm ready.
国务卿女士 我也保证这将不会是最后一次
Well, this is not the last you've heard
你听到此类消息 我会再联♥系♥你的
on the matter, Madam Secretary.
我相信你 莱斯特
I believe you, Lester.
晚安
Good night.
你刚才打给了谁
Who'd you call?
我妹妹
My sister.
她已经习惯了
She's used to it.
我给学生们开讲座 让学生们
I try to lecture so the students
掌握我授课内容的总体框架
grasp the organization of what I'm saying,
了解学科知识的布局
see the way the subject is laid out.
以便他们了解掌握整个我上课的课程模式
So that later they can see the whole pattern.
理解并获取知识
Understand it and retain it.
好的
Right.
那当老师是你从小的梦想吗
Okay, so did you always want to be a teacher?
不是 我小时候也不知道我自己要做什么
No, I didn't know what I wanted to do.
除了上大学
Except go to college.
但对于当时的我来说 上大学真的遥不可及
Which for me wasn't really an option,
除非我得想办法自己找钱来付学费
unless I figured out a way to pay for it myself.
所以我退出了大学预备役军官训练团
That's how I wound up in the ROTC,
参加了海军陆战队航♥空♥部
and that's why I joined the Marine Corps Air Wing.
等一下...
Wait. Wait...
那么说 你根本不想开飞机
s-so you, like, didn't even care about flying planes?
不 我当然喜欢了
No, of course I did.
你是笨蛋吗
What, are you nuts?
我一直都梦想着开飞机
I always wanted to fly a plane.
当时服役了整整五年
It took me five years of active duty
才能正式驾驶 但我做到了
to get in the cockpit, but I did it.
好的
Okay.
所以 你驾驶过几架飞机后
So, you flew some planes.
为了教宗教学而退役了吗
And then you left because you decided to teach religion?
这个具体的
Well, the transition was
原因比较复杂
a little more complicated than that.
妈妈在电视上
Mom's on TV.
两国间三十年的互相猜疑
30 years of mutual mistrust
是不会一夜凭空消失的
cannot be resolved overnight.
但我们在关键问题上的切实合作是有目共睹的
But there has been tangible progress on key issues,
谢谢
so, thank you.
- 埃里克 - 对于那些关于
- Eric. - How do you respond to reports
伊朗总理到白宫访问的计划
the Iranian president's visit
被延后甚至很有可能取消的新闻报道
to the White House may be postponed,
你怎么看
even canceled?
我觉得目前没有迹象表明这些猜测会成事实
I see no indication of that happening at this time.
这次访问本身
The visit in itself
是意义非凡的一步
is a significant step.
你应该记得美国与伊朗两国之间
I mean, you have to remember that
早在1980年断绝了正式的
formal diplomatic relations between our countries
外交关系
ended in 1980.
总统设拉子将会是从1980年至今第一位
President Shiraz will be the first Iranian leader
访问首都华盛顿的伊朗总统
to visit Washington since that time.
没错 如果两国不打仗的话
Yeah, that is if we don't go to war.
宝贝 别在意
It's okay, honey.
说得很好 正中要点
That was great. Just spot on.
- 专业 - 那就好
- Professional. - Good.
我观察到一点...
Just one observation...
没有指责的意思就提醒你一下...
it's more of a note than a criticism...
你撒谎的时候 你的呼吸会更称沉重
your voice gets a little breathy when you lie.
但... 我刚才...我刚才没在撒谎
But... I WA... I was not lying.
我指"模糊言辞"
I meant "obfuscate."
我在安稳人心
I was reassuring.
当你在安稳人心的时候 你的呼吸会更沉重
Your voice gets breathy when you're reassuring.
还有表现出色的时候
And doing a very good job
- 能安稳人心 - 杰克逊先生想要
- reassuring. - Mr. Jackson asked for a moment
- 和你谈谈 他到了 - 我知道了 谢谢
- of your time. Here he is. - Mm. I see that. Thank you.
说真的 刚才形势扭转得真是太精彩了
Seriously, nice deflection in there.
- 你都摸清他们要问什么了- 你是说我
- You're getting the hang of this. - Are you telling me I'm
- 我正渐渐胜任我的工作吗 - 但我听说
- shrinking into the role? - Except I hear you found
你好像得罪了加拿大那边
a way to offend the Canadians.
那事你怎么处理的
How'd you manage that?
和加拿大之间的
The situation
事情已经解决了
with Canada is being managed.
真的吗 不知道你注意到没有
Is it? I don't know if you've noticed,
你办公室正对的下面
but you're getting all sorts of attention.
各界可都在时刻关注着你
They're right outside your building.
反对在大♥陆♥架建设输油管道
你越迟公开
The longer you hold off on this
那份环境准许报告书 事情就会
environmental permit report, the more of a story
闹得越大
it becomes.
对啊 加拿大那边也同样这样威胁过我
Yeah, the Canadians made the same threat.
同一件事 当然 我是指"同一件事"
Point. Of course I meant "point."
看来 加拿大那边是对的
Well, the Canadians are right.
公开那份报告吧
Release it.
总统他也需要一个契机
Give the president the excuse he needs to approve it
来彻底解决加拿大输油管道问题
and get this whole Canadian pipeline off his plate.
我正忙着避免和伊朗发生战争
I've been a little busy trying to avoid war with Iran.
那份管道报告有一千多页
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表