剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
Yes, of course.
能 当然能
It was her choice.
她自己的选择
I just wish her circumstances had allowed her
我只是希望她的处境
to make a different one.
能允许她做不同的决定
You have to see this.
您过来看看这个
They're live on Prince Yousif announcing he's prosecuting
他们在直播优素福王子在巴林
the Hassanis in Bahrain.
公诉哈萨尼夫妇
外交官哈萨尼将被公诉
What?
什么
and are being processed as I speak.
我讲话的同时 进程正在推进 ...
Justice will be served.
公正终将得以伸张
外交官哈萨尼将被公诉
Now, to those countrymen who will reframe
对于那些对此次修正措施
this course correction
持有不同意见的
as dissent in my family,
我的家族同胞们
I say
我想说
外交官哈萨尼将被公诉
some dissent is good,
有点分歧是好的
especially when standing up for the right reasons.
尤其是为了正确的理由
I'm guessing your dinner had something to do with this?
我猜您那晚的私宴也帮了不少忙吧
Who knew my pot roast was that effective?
我也不知道我的炖肉这么有效啊
Thank you all for your attention.
谢谢大家
Madam Secretary!
国务卿
What the hell?
怎么回事
Madam Secretary,
国务卿女士
the funeral has been scheduled for tomorrow
葬礼定在当地时间
p.m. local time.
明天下午四点4:00
You'll need to leave from Andrews by midnight tonight.
您得今天午夜从安德鲁斯空军基地出发
Any news?
有没有新的消息
Have they I.D.'d the gunman?
他们确定持枪歹徒身份了吗
He was a member of Al Jinna, a radical opposition party.
是激进反对党阿♥拉♥金那的成员
Apparently, the text of the speech was leaked
发言稿的内容似乎在新闻发布会
a few hours before the press conference.
开始几小时前被泄露了
Ma'am,
国务卿
your request to participate in the funeral has been denied.
您参加葬礼的申请被拒绝了
You'll have to stay in the back of the mosque with the women,
您得和其他妇女一起待在清♥真♥寺后面
behind an opaque curtain.
在遮光帘背后
How how does that work?
怎么会那样
Only men are allowed to participate in the funeral procession.
只有男人可以参加葬礼
Ma'am, the image of the American
国务卿 您试想一下
Secretary of State cloistered behind a curtain
美国国务卿被挡于帘后
because she's a woman...
就因为她是个女人
You'd be allowing the Bahrainis to undermine your authority
您这样会让巴林人损害您
as a representative of the United States.
作为美国代表的权威
And as a woman.
和作为女性的尊严
Maybe I shouldn't go.
我也许不该去
Boycott the funeral?
抵♥制♥参加葬礼吗
I'd advise against that.
我建议不要
Could be interpreted as a critique of a whole culture,
这是对整个文化的批判
not the event.
而不仅是一个葬礼的事了
You just said going would undermine her position.
你刚才说去了会损害她的权威
Now staying home is a critique?
现在又说不去是批判
What are you advocating?
你到底建议怎么做
I don't know yet.
我还不知道
This is complicated.
这事很复杂
I'm not here to sit in judgment of the Bahraini culture
我来这里不是要批判巴林文化
or change it.
或改变巴林文化的
But it is my job
但我的职责
to represent ours without devaluing my office.
就是代表国家 保证我国权威不受损害
Or gender.
性别不受歧视
There's also the base to consider.
而且还有海军基地的事也要考虑
According to DOD, the Bahrainis
国防部说巴林方面
are already holding up supply shipments to Manama.
已经拦截了我军向麦纳麦的供给航运
They're doing a full about face.
他们完全倒转了态度
Whatever gains we thought we made are through.
我们快到手的成果完全泡汤了
But, Ma'am, would you really miss
但是国务卿 您真要错过
Prince Obaid's funeral?
奥贝德王子的葬礼吗
So you're not on the board anymore. So what?
就算你不在董事会了 那又怎样
Did you really need to lie about it for all these years?
真有必要这么多年来都用谎言隐瞒此事吗
Dad, please talk to me. You don't know what it's like.
爸 你说点什么啊 你不懂
Okay. So tell me.
好吧 那请你给我讲讲
What? That I'm irrelevant?
给你讲什么 讲我无关紧要了
That I got kicked off the board like an old piece of rust?
像破烂似的被踢出了委员会
Eh. You don't want to know about me anyway.
反正你本来也不怎么关心我
You've got your own fancy life.
你自己过着你幸福的小日子
Hey. Everything I have, I worked for.
我拥有的一切都是我自己努力争取的
You know why?
你知道为什么吗
Because you taught me that.
因为努力的精神是你教我的
I saw you get up early in the morning to go to the shop.
我看着你每天早起去打工
I saw you come home late from the union meetings.
我看着你因为工会的会议而晚归
It made an impression.
给我留下了深刻的印象
It still does.
现在我都记得
You better tell that Stevie of yours to watch her attitude.
你应该让你们家斯蒂芬改改她的脾气
She still looks up to you, you know.
她还是很尊敬你的
There's a lot to look up to.
你还是有值得尊敬的地方的
I want to go home.
我要回家
W... Dad. What? Don't go.
爸 干什么啊 别走
Just please stay. No, take me to the bus.
请你留下 不 带我去公交站
The bus? Please,
公交站 拜托
let me at least buy you a plane ticket.
至少让我给你买♥♥张机票回去吧
No, I'm not gonna have you spring for an...
不 我才不需要你买♥♥张机票
airplane ticket for the poor old man.
来施舍这个可怜的老家伙
All right.
好吧
I'll take you to the bus.
我送你去公交站
Hello?
我回来啦
Hi, Mom.
妈妈
I'm sorry about Yousif.
优素福的事我很遗憾
Thank you. I can't believe it; he was just here.
谢谢 难以置信 他才刚来过呢
He was cool.
他人很好
He was cool.
他是很好
It's kind of weird that he's dead.
他死了感觉真奇怪
Seriously?
你这说的什么话
It is weird.
确实很奇怪
If I do go, some people are gonna think
如果我去 那么有些人就会认为
that the United States is officially condoning patriarchy.
美国政♥府♥是在公开接受男权主义
If I don't go,
如果我不去
then I'm skipping my friend's funeral.
那就无法参加我朋友的葬礼了
It's just, the whole thing, it's impossible.
这种状况简直是 两难的绝境
Say your prayers standing,
祈祷时请起立
but if you are unable, sitting;
如果无法起立 那便坐下祈祷
and if unable, on your sides.
如果无法坐立 躺下祈祷也行
Okay, a little help interpreting that?
能给我解释一下吗
I have no idea what that means.
完全不知道你在说什么
It means that you can honor Yousif
意思是就算不能亲自前去
even if you decide not to go.
你也一样可以向优素福致敬
Says who? Uh, the Prophet Mohammed.
谁的话啊 先知穆♥罕♥默♥德♥
The Bahrainis are already holding up body armor shipments
巴林方面已经拦截了美军
for thousands of American soldiers.
数千防弹衣等装备的运输
I mean, who knows how far they'll go
如果他们认为我在侮辱他们
if they think that I'm humiliating them.
谁知道他们还会做出什么事来
Babe, just relax.
放松
Come on, close your eyes.
来吧 闭上眼睛
Just forget all of these arguments.
把所有考虑的因素都忘记
Forget everything.
什么都别想
What do you feel in your heart?
你心里的真实感受是什么
He's my friend. I want to go.
他是我朋友 我想去
Then go.
那就去吧
But isn't it selfish of me to put my personal needs
但是让我把个人情感置于工作责任之上
over the duties of my position?
这难道不是自私吗
Would you give yourself a pass?
能不能就这一次不要这么苛责自己
I'm the one who convinced Joey
是我劝说乔伊
to come out against the Hassanis.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表