剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
我大概能猜到了
Yes, I'm beginning to get that.
不知道你有没有听说过我的国家发生的事
I was wondering if you had heard about the events of my country,
在西非共和国
uh, the Republic of West Africa.
我一直关注着过去半年至今的政♥变♥
I'm-I'm aware of the coup that happened six months ago.
我也关注着那些剥夺女性
I'm also aware that the ruling
权利的政♥治♥会议
junta have begun curtailing women's rights,
他们关闭每一所他们觉得被西式教育
and they're closing any schools that they feel
玷污了的学校
are tainted by Western-style education.
很显然 这才是个开始
Apparently, that's just the opening act.
政♥府♥开始了一场
The junta has begun a campaign
针对比克欧人♥民♥的种族屠♥杀♥
of ethnic slaughter against the Beko people.
等等 这我还没听说过
Wait. That I have not heard.
现在他们升级到要进入比克欧的中心地带
Now they're ramping up to enter into the Beko heartland
准备血洗这个城市
and clean out the city of St. Juste
而且就在这几天内
in a matter of days.
我...
I...
感谢你告诉我这件事
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
我明天会就这件事做个完整的汇报
And I will get a full briefing on it tomorrow.
如果你允许 我想给你看点东西
If-if you will indulge me.
那是我的侄女 科默约
That is my niece, Komoyo,
还有她的孩子们 伊斯特和西蒙
and her children, Esther and Simon.
科默约昨天打电♥话♥给我
Komoyo called me yesterday,
说士兵们已经进入村子
and she said the soldiers had entered their village.
现在他们正四处逃亡
And now they are on the run.
劳伦特 很抱歉
Laurent, I'm very sorry.
是我该道歉 利用您的热情好客来谈这些
It is I who must apologize for abusing your hospitality.
不 不 没有...
No, no, no...
但我想要你明白
But I just want you to understand
我给你看这张照片
that I did not show you this photograph
不是为了我的家人可以受到特别照顾
so that my family could get special treatment.
事实上 你有能力
The truth is that you have the power
去帮助我那成千上万的绝望的同胞
to answer the desperate prayers of thousands of my people.
不好意思
Excuse me.
我手♥机♥响个不停
My phones never stop ringing.
需要帮助的呼声
The help that is needed...
一直不停
it never ends.
失陪了
Excuse me.
你好
Hello?
别害怕
Don't be afraid.
有我呢 我在的
I'm here, I'm here.
在家里给我设陷阱 玩真的呀
Ambushing me in our own home? Really?
我懂你的感受 他也算是坑了我
I know. He sort of ambushed me, too.
你事先可以给我提个醒
You could've given me a heads-up.
他说是为大众求助
Well, he said that he's pleaded with everyone.
联♥合♥国♥ 欧盟 非盟
The U.N., the European Union, African Union,
新闻界...没人关心他们的死活
the press... nobody cares.
但问题不在于此 亨利 问题在于...
It's not that nobody cares, Henry, it's that...
这种事全世界都在发生
...things like this are happening all over the world,
不幸的是 作出决定关系到别国政♥治♥
unfortunately, and the decision to get involved is
我也希望这只是道德困境
a political one. I wish it was
事实上并不是
just an ethical dilemma, but it's not.
要明白 大多数时候 遇到这类事咱都是亡羊补牢
You know, most of the time, we play catch-up on these things.
我们看到的都是事后遇害人的数字
We see these horrible numbers after the fact.
可是现在你得到了预警
But here... you have advanced warning.
有机会干涉其中进行调停
You have a chance to intervene.
干嘛 你去哪儿
What? Where are you going?
到楼下工作
Downstairs to work.
那你要我怎么办
Wh-What would you rather I had done?
忽视这件事吗
Ignore it?
我更希望你能记住
I would rather that you had remembered
在处理任何事之前 首先我们是一伙的
that before anything we're a team.
这么说 有关西非共和国即将爆发的种族清洗
So, no one in this building
这栋楼里就没人知道
has any useful intel about an imminent campaign
任何有用的信息吗
of ethnic cleansing in the Republic of West Africa?
我们一直在跟踪最新情况
We've been tracking the situation.
还不清楚是否即将发动攻击
It's unclear if any attacks are imminent.
考虑到西非的事不会关系到我们的切身利益或资产
Given our lack of vital interests or assets in the RWA,
我们认为情况并没有紧迫到
we concluded the situation wasn't clear or pressing enough
足以引起您的关注
to bring to your attention.
好吧 攻击马上就要开始了...还有你在胡说八道些什么
Okay, attacks are imminent... and what the hell did you just say?
国务卿 我在给你最官方的评估
I'm giving you the official assessment, ma'am.
国务卿 这件事情事关重大
It's a matter of grave concern, ma'am,
我保证我们会调查的
and I promise you we will look into it.
但是 当务之急是您的演讲
But right now your top priority has to be your speech.
马特把另一份拿来了
Matt took another pass at it.
里面讲到了海平面上升
There's a little something in there about rising sea levels
淡水资源缺乏
and freshwater scarcity
及其引发的全球冲突
combining to drive global conflict
相信您会满意的 都在说 水呀 水呀的
that I think you're gonna love. You know, "Water, water..."
纳丁 我能分清轻重缓急 谢谢
Nadine, I'll set the priorities, thank you.
- 抱歉 马特 谢谢了 - 国务卿女士
- Sorry, Matt. Thank you. - Uh, Madam Secretary,
西非共和国大使博卡萨来了
Ambassador Bokassa from the Republic of West Africa is here.
- 国务卿 这不在您的日程安排上 - 让他上来
- He's not on your schedule, ma'am. - Send him up.
请他上来
Send him up, please.
为什么这次会面的事儿我不知道
Why wasn't I looped in about this meeting?
是我的错
Oh. Um, it's my mistake.
对不起 一定是我忘记说了
I'm sorry. I-I must have forgotten.
真的么
Oh.
这楼里的人如果要去吃饭都会叫上我
No one in this building forgets to tell me when they take lunch.
是很晚决定的 我本想通知你的...
It happened late. I meant to CC you...
算了
Fine.
问问这位大使喜不喜欢奶油和糖
See if the ambassador would like cream and sugar.
国务卿女士
Madam Secretary,
难以想象 对于辉煌的西非共和国
I cannot imagine where you're getting
您是从哪儿得到了
such a distorted impression
那种扭曲失真的印象的
of life in the glorious Republic of West Africa.
这么说 你们政♥府♥没打算
So you're telling me your government has no plans
发动反对比克欧人♥民♥的运动吗
to wage a campaign against the Beko people?
我们就是个小国家
We are a small nation, hmm?
夹在加蓬和喀麦隆之间
Wedged between Gabon and Cameroon,
没有你们感兴趣的石油
with no oil to tempt you.
你们怎么会
Why the sudden interest
突然关心起我国内部的事务了
in our internal affairs?
好 我再问你一次
Okay, I'll ask you again.
你们政♥府♥准备袭击比克欧吗
Is your government planning to attack the Beko?
当然不会
Of course not.
比克欧就像任性的孩子
The Beko, like wayward children,
小小惩罚一下就鬼哭狼嚎的
scream at even the slightest discipline.
但这种抱怨
But such whining is to be expected
在我国消除外界印象中的
as our nation purifies itself
颓废和恶毒时会经常听到
of decadent and poisonous outside influences.
你是指受教育的女性
By that, do you mean educated women or...
还是昂贵的手表
expensive watches?
我指的仅仅是西非执政委员会
I mean only that the Ruling Council of the RWA
希望把和平与正当的生活
wishes to bring peace and correct living
带给所有忠诚的公民
to all loyal citizens.
很高兴得知贵政♥府♥
Well, I'm very glad to hear that your government
没有那样的打算
has no such plans.
以防万一 回去后告诉你老大
Just in case they do, you tell your bosses back home
美国会一直密切关注着贵国的
that the United States is watching.
日安
Good day.
这些是
And here are the records
马尔什国务卿去世几个月后
for Ms. Tolliver's work-issued BlackBerry
托列弗女士黑莓手♥机♥里的通话记录
from the months immediately after Secretary Marsh died.
你们搞数据的人都是怎么工作的
Say, how do you DS guys do it?
整天坐在这儿 窥探别人的隐私
You just sit down here all day, snooping on people?
我们是爱国者
We're patriots.
嗨 等一下
Hey, wait a second.
这通电♥话♥ 你们有录音吗
This call here... was that recorded?
我看看
Hmm. Let me see.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表