剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
into William Jennings Bryan
威廉·詹宁斯·布赖恩
美国政♥治♥家 颇有吸引力的演说家
威廉·詹宁斯·布赖恩吗
in front of Congressmen and TV cameras?
不 杰 你的态度过于消极了
No. Jay. Your passion has crossed over into defeatism.
这样很不好
And it's annoying.
对不起 国务卿
I apologize, Ma'am.
我希望能邀请她参加听证会
I want her as my guest at the hearing.
让她上飞机
Put her on a plane,
找个翻译
get her a translator,
尽可能帮她做好准备
prep her as best you can.
我们可能会输 但也要拼命一搏
We may lose this one, but we will go down swinging.
杰
Hey, Jay,
我们都知道你很沮丧
your frustration is duly noted.
但我们已经定了 同心协力 行吗
But this is what we're doing, so get on board, okay?
乐意效劳 国务卿女士
I serve at the pleasure, Madam Secretary.
那就好
Yes, you do.
那个 我能够得到
Ah, ah, ah, that's... I can... pass that.
亲爱的 你为什么就这么不吃了
Sweetie, what are you doing just pushing your food around?
我们都说好了 我每周做一次晚饭
We agreed-- I cook one night a week,
然后大家一起好好享受
and we all just get through it.
很好吃 妈妈 对不起
It's good. I'm sorry, Mom.
我只是在担心我的历史测试
I'm just worried about my history test.
为什么 我给你做过测验 你都会啊
Why? What? I quizzed you. You know your stuff.
我知道
Yeah, I know,
但是每次真的考试时我就会很奇怪
but I have this weird thing on the actual test,
我就会 完全地傻住
I just... I completely freeze up.
是啊 这叫不好好读书
Yeah, it's called not being good at school.
-别这么说 -但我的绩点比你高
- That's not helpful. - And yet my GPA is higher than yours.
是啊 那是因为我没有尽全力
Yeah, that's because I don't apply myself.
好像你不知道似的
Oh, like that's some secret.
每张反馈卡上你都能看到这个评价
You've seen it on every report card.
这样吧 上楼看书去吧
Okay, you know what, go upstairs, study.
我们会收拾的
We'll clean up.
不 我也有作业
No, I have homework, too.
好好好 你去尽你的全力吧
All right. Fine, go. Go apply yourself.
你吃好了吗
Are you done?
你瞧 要是你还在读书
Yeah. See, if you were back in school,
你也会逃洗碗的
you'd get out of clean up, too.
真好笑 爸爸
Hilarious, Dad.
所以你们明天
So are you all prepared
都打算去国会作证吗
to testify before Congress tomorrow?
我在镜子前练了好久
I've been practicing in front of the mirror,
显然我经常做这个表情
and apparently I do this a lot.
他们说让我看上去又老又愤怒
Which they say makes me look angry and old.
你们为什么都不告诉我
Why didn't you guys tell me about it?
-宝贝 挺可爱的 -我会尽力不这样
- Baby, it's cute, it's cute. - I'm gonna try and stop it.
-一点也不可爱 -我很喜欢
- No, it's not cute. - I like it.
你...我不该问你的 我就知道
You... that's... you're not the right guy to ask, I know better.
但是说真的
Seriously, though, I mean,
他们怎么能取消小♥额♥贷♥款♥项目呢
how-how can they cut the microloan program?
那些政客们老是
Politicians are always yelling
喊着他们需要
about how they need to get
停止为发展中国家买♥♥单
the developing world off their payroll.
但是当人们
And yet they're not willing
需要发展自己的事业时
to give people a leg up that they need
却不愿意伸出援手
when they're starting their own businesses?
这 这不仅仅关乎人们
It's like, it's not just people, too.
这可是关乎女性的问题 太恶心了
I mean, it's women, it's disgusting.
我就打算这么跟他们说
Well, that's what I intend to tell them.
但不能当面说他们恶心
Without actually calling them disgusting.
或者皱眉头
Or knitting your brow.
但是亲爱的 我们能好好谈谈
But, honestly, sweetheart, can we just talk
学校的事吗 可以吗
about the school thing, please.
妈妈 我们不谈这个
Mom, we're not getting into that.
给洛弗尔大学的回应期限快到了
The deadline for reapplying to Lovell is coming up.
不一定是洛弗尔 这个期限
Well, it doesn't have to be Lovell, it's the deadline
任何大学都一样
for-for any college.
-天呐 -现在正好可以谈谈
- Oh... my God. - It's a good time to talk about it.
你们俩什么时候这么在意
Since when did you guys become so obsessed
大学的教育了
with college education?
就我而言 是从我决定
Speaking for myself, it was about the time
成为高校教育工作者开始
I decided to be a college educator.
你在听证会上要面对的那些人
So all of these guys that you're about to testify to,
那些人手持达摩克利斯之剑
the ones who are, you know, holding the sword of Damocles
悬在女性的头顶 只为自己牟取利益
over the heads of women trying to better themselves,
他们也是受过大学教育的 对吧
they all have college educations. Right?
-没错 但是... -我陈述完了
- Right, but... - I rest my case.
好吧 但那个拿达摩克利斯之剑做比喻
Okay, but that the sword of Damocles reference,
你肯定是在大学里学的
I bet you learned that in college.
不 那估计是高中学的
No, that was probably high school.
真的吗 该死
Really? Damn it.
让她冷静一下吧 我这礼拜会找她谈谈的
Just let her cool her heals, I'll talk to her this week.
没错 斯蒂芬语者[模仿《马语者》]
Oh, yes, the Stevie Whisperer.
我可没这么说
I'm not saying that.
我说的
I'm saying it.
我倒是不在乎她总是听你的
Doesn't bother me that she always listens to you
却从来不听我的话
and never listens to me.
别这样
Now, come on.
你要保证她还是听你的话的
Just make sure she listens to you.
我会成为达摩克利斯语者
I will be the Whisperer of Damocles.
我们已经意识到
We fully recognize the nature
国会 预算听证会
恐♥怖♥主♥义♥的威胁 所以尽管
of the terrorist threat, so despite the lack
缺少相关的干预政策
of a coherent administration strategy,
本委员会愿意提供
this committee is willing to authorize
额外的保障资金
additional security funds.
谢谢
Thank you.
我非常感激
I very much appreciate
你在本议题上考虑得如此周到详尽
your thoughtful and substantive consideration on these issues.
不客气
You're welcome.
现在请伯克主席继续发言
I'll now turn the floor back to Chairman Burke.
谢谢 国务卿女士
Thank you. Uh, Madam Secretary,
我希望接下来关注小♥额♥贷♥款♥项目的问题
I'd like to call your attention to the microloan program.
下一财政年度 你将该预算
For the next fiscal year, you have increased the budget
提高了30%
by 30 percent.
那是个大幅增长
That's a big jump.
是30%
It's 30 percent.
你将棉花咨♥询♥委员会
You've, uh, shifted funds away
热带金枪鱼委员会的
from the Cotton Advisory Committee,
资金抽调走
and the Tropical Tuna Commission.
你显然将这个项目作为重点
Uh, you've clearly made this a priority.
没错
Yes, I have.
在决定要重点考虑什么计划时
And in deciding, uh, which programs to prioritize,
我想你应该也考虑到其实施力度
I assume you also look into how well they're managed.
当然了
Of course.
我们有一套严格的筛选程序
We have a rigorous selection process.
这个项目目前的成功率高达96%
The program currently has a success rate of over 96 percent.
每笔贷款都有能力
Each one of these loans has the power
改善人们的家庭生活条件
to change lives and families.
有时甚至能改变整个乡村
And in some cases, entire villages.
今天我邀请了一个人来参加听证会
I have brought with me today as a guest to the hearing
她充分地发挥了这个项目的潜力
the woman who embodies the full potential of this program.
庄小姐
Ms. Chuang.
我们今天不需要你发言
Uh, we won't be calling you today.
告诉我 到底由谁来掌握小♥额♥贷♥款♥的资金
Tell me, who exactly is in charge of the microloan grants?
迈尔斯·潘德格拉夫
That would be Miles Pendergraff,
他是发展与财务署的署长
he's the Director of the Office of Development and Finance.
没错
You're correct.
我要求将这些照片追加到记录中
I would like to submit these photographs for the record.
国务卿女士 请看一看
Please, Madam Secretary, take a look at these.
你认识照片上的这个人吗
Do you recognize the man in these photos?
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表