剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
她对巴林的王子有特别亲密的了解吗
These CIA briefs must be detailed.
中情局文档肯定很详尽
Okay, turning to tomorrow
看看明天的安排...
the winners of the State Department
国♥务♥院♥一年级论文比赛的获奖者
first grade essay contest are visiting,
会来这里参观
so please watch your language.
请你们注意一下用词
And, also,
还有
a pen has been stolen from my desk.
我桌上有支笔被偷走了
By one of you, I presume. A pen?
我推断就是你们中的一人偷的 一支笔
How do you know you just didn't lose it?
你怎么知道不是自己弄丢的呢
Because I know.
我就是知道
But how can you be sure?
你怎么能这么肯定
I did not lose it.
不是我弄丢的
It was taken.
笔是被拿走的
Can I ask what the significance of this pen is?
能问一下这只笔为什么这么重要吗
As long as it's on my desk by 3:00 p.m. today,
只要今天下午三点前放回我桌上
I'll ask no questions.
我就不会追问
Oh, she definitely lost it,
她绝对是弄丢了[疯了]
and I'm not talking about the pen.
我说的不是笔 是脑子
Admiral Hill.
希尔上将
Somehow I'm not surprised to see you stopping by.
不知为何我一点都不奇怪你会来
Good. Then you know I need you
很好 那你知道我需要你
to release the Bahraini consular officer.
释放巴林的领事官员了
That's a request for local authorities.
那要求应该向地方政♥府♥提
Please don't be coy, Madam Secretary.
别装了 国务卿女士
We all know you're driving this train.
我们都知道是你说了算
Well, then you also know why
那你也应该知道
I won't allow the Hassanis' release.
我为什么不会允许释放哈萨尼夫妇
I'm sure you're aware of our base in Manama.
我相信你很清楚我们在麦纳麦有基地
I am highly sensitive to our strategic post there.
我很了解我们在那里的战略要塞
And also our billion dollar renovation.
还有我们十亿美元的修建项目
It is the linchpin to our defensive positions
那里是我们在伊♥拉♥克♥和伊朗附近的
around Iraq and Iran.
防御阵型的关键点
And I'm here to make sure
我来是要保证
that you don't flush that down the drain.
你不会把我们的努力全部丢去打水漂
I believe you.
我相信你
I also believe that the linchpin
也相信我们民♥主♥制度的关键
of our democracy is human rights.
在于人♥权♥
Can't really put a price on that.
人♥权♥无法定价
But I'm willing to defend it over a military installation.
相比军事设施 我更愿保护人♥权♥
If Bahrain retaliates, I'll have to notify the President.
如果巴林进行报复 我就必须报告总统
Understood. He won't appreciate being made
我明白 他不会愿意
to pick between State and Defense,
被迫在国♥务♥院♥和国防部之间做选择
but we both know which way he'll go.
但我们都知道他会选哪边
Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
希望不会到那一步吧
But if it does, I'll see you in the Oval Office.
但如果真到了 我们就总统办公室见吧
美国从巴西的进口
I'm sorry I'm not being more helpful.
很抱歉我没帮上忙
This program just really isn't my jam.
这个软件我真的搞不定
It's okay. It's okay.
没事 没事
Meeting's not till tomorrow, anyway.
反正明天才开会
And if this doesn't work out, I got it all up here.
如果还不行 内容也都在我脑子里记着呢
无法连接服务器请检查防火墙设置
That's annoying.
真烦人
I just... I can't get on to the FAQs
我点不开常见问题解答页面
because of Mom's uber firewall. It...
因为妈妈的超级防火墙太厉害 这...
It's just something that I don't miss about living here.
我完全不怀念住这里的这个"好处"
What is it between you and your mom?
你和你妈妈是怎么回事
Nothing.
没事
We have philosophical differences.
我们有些哲学层面的分歧
And... I just can't get on board with her side.
而我...完全无法接受她的观点
So you took a stand.
所以你表明了态度
Good for you.
好样的
You're my granddaughter.
是我的好孙女
Yeah, well, taking a stand is what got me
就是明确表态
into this whole mess in the first place.
把我弄成现在这一团糟的
What mess? Being a college dropout.
什么一团糟 大学退学
I mean, I screwed any chance that I have
我毁了所有
of actually getting a meaningful job.
获得一份有意义的工作的机会
I didn't go to college, and I'm on the board
我也没上过大学 而我是东海岸
of the biggest union on the East Coast.
最大的工会的董事
Does the union have a D.C. Chapter?
工会有华盛顿分部吗
You bet.
你说呢
Do you think I could work there
你觉得我能去那儿工作吗
organizing labor?
组织劳工
Yeah.
当然
Yeah, I'll make a call.
可以 我去打个电♥话♥
Ma'am,
国务卿
Crown Prince Obaid.
奥贝德皇储来了
Madam Secretary,
国务卿女士
you've detained a consular officer,
你拘留了一名外交领事官员
and the Kingdom of Bahrain
而巴林王国
cannot abide such an action.
无法忍♥受这样的行为
Oh, my God, you sound so official, Joey.
天呐 你听着好官方 乔伊
Please, Lizzie, it is Yousif.
拜托 丽兹 叫我优素福
Come here. No...
快过来 别...
We went to boarding school together. Houghton Hall.
我们一起上过寄宿学校 霍顿庄园
We were co captains of the debate team.
我们是辩论队的联合队长
Yes, although I think our most heated
对 但我觉得我们最激烈的辩论
were on the roof of Sukaly Dorm.
是在苏卡里宿舍房♥顶上
Yes. Oh. We had big plans
没错 我们还有过改变世界的
to change the world, didn't we? We did.
大计划 对吧 没错
Okay, I will let you two catch up.
我出去让两位慢慢聊
How long's it been?
多久没见了
God. Well... well, it's dinner
天呐 上次见是...
at that pub in Kensington, I believe.
在肯辛顿一家酒馆吃晚饭吧 我记得
Oh, that's right. You know, Stevie was so little.
没错 那时斯蒂芬还好小呢
I had her in one of those slingy things.
我还拿婴儿背带抱着她
How are you?
你怎么样
Well, honestly, Lizzie, I'm in a bit of a tight spot.
老实说 丽兹 我处境不太乐观
I need you to release the Hassanis
我需要你释放哈萨尼夫妇
and reinstate full immunity immediately.
然后马上恢复全面豁免权
I can't reinstate what they were never qualified for.
我没法给本来就不够格的人豁免权啊
They're Bahraini diplomats.
他们是巴林的外交官
They cannot be treated like common criminals.
不能把他们当作普通的犯人
Do you see how they treated their maid?
你有没有看到他们是怎么对待女佣的
It was despicable, but this is an exceptional case.
他们的确很下作 但这是特殊情况
Really?
真的吗
Royal Decree 56?
第五十六条皇家法令吗
State officials in Bahrain are immune from prosecution
身处巴林的美国官员不会因侵犯人♥权♥
for human rights abuses.
而受到控诉吗
I don't need human rights pointers
你们国家无视法律
from a country that imprisons Arabs
就把阿♥拉♥伯人都关在岛上
on an island without legal recourse.
别来跟我说什么人♥权♥的问题
Okay, forget about Royal Decree 56.
别管什么第五十六条皇家法令了
We're in the United States.
我们现在在美国
The Hassanis broke over half a dozen laws,
哈萨尼夫妇违反了六七条法律
and they're going to pay for it. Okay. Fine.
他们要付出代价 好吧
Without immunity, your soldiers,
没有豁免权 你们的士兵
your embassy employees may get dragged before Bahraini judges
你们驻大使♥馆♥的员工都会因冒犯政♥府♥官员
just for annoying our government.
而被送上法庭
Now, I know that's not a real threat.
我知道这不是什么威胁
I am just saying I cannot guarantee
我只是说我无法保证
there won't be consequences.
你这样做不会带来什么后果
Who's talking here, Joey? You or your father?
这到底是谁的看法 乔伊 你还是你父亲
Come on, you used to
得了吧 你以前
rail against his conservative rule.
不都是反对他那些老派的规矩吗
I still maintain my own views.
我仍保持我自己的看法
Then stand up to him.
那就大胆抵抗他
Make him accept our immunity waiver.
让他接受放弃豁免权
Fine. I will talk to him.
好吧 我会和他谈谈的
Thank you. I know that's not easy.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表