剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
还对强迫她们分开的政♥府♥感到愤怒
I'm nothing but feelings.
我有的仅是感情
But that doesn't change the fact
但这不能改变
that she does not qualify for political asylum.
她不符合政♥治♥庇护条件的事实
What is that noise? Are you making popcorn?
什麽声音 你在做爆米花吗
Son of a bitch!
混♥蛋♥
Oh, God, it's the sleepover tonight.
老天 今晚是通宵聚会
I am not home for my daughter's
我女儿和五六个朋友在家通宵聚会
sleepover with five or six friends
我却不在
whose names I don't even know because my staff is right.
我连她朋友们姓甚名谁都不知道 我手下真说对了
I'm a monster.
我是冷血怪兽
Yeah, and it gets worse.
对 还有更糟的
You're raising little monsters.
你在养小怪兽
'Cause it turns out that the number one indicator
据说变成连环杀人犯的
that a person turns into a serial killer
首要条件
is that, during childhood, the father,
就是在童年
not the mother, made the popcorn for the sleepover.
是老爸而非老妈 为通宵聚会做爆米花
All right, now you're just mocking me.
好吧 你就嘲笑我吧
You're a mom who had to stay late at work.
你是个工作需要加晚班的母亲
It doesn't ruin the kids.
这不会毁了孩子们的
It just shows them that sometimes
只是告诉他们
you have to do stuff that's hard.
有时候你的工作很艰难
It's just life, babe. Normal life.
生活就是这样 宝贝 普通生活
Your a mom that got stuck at work.
你只是个工作缠身的母亲
Thank you.
谢谢
That makes sense. I'm buying it.
有道理 我信你了
Good.
好的
I love you.
我爱你
While you're in that space, you want to hear a joke?
你在办公室想听个笑话吗
Yeah.
想
Thomas Aquinas walks into a bar.
汤玛斯·阿奎那走进一个酒吧
There's the pope sitting there with no clothes on.
教皇裸体坐在里面
He talking to the bartender...
他对酒保说...
God, please don't tell me you actually used that
天 别告诉我你真的要在讲话里
in your speech. Well...
用这个笑话 嗯...
Madam Secretary?
国务卿夫人
Hold on a second. What?
等一下 什麽事
Xinpei's mother was taken in for questioning
傅欣佩的母亲昨天被
by the Chinese Secret Police yesterday.
中国秘密员警带走讯问
We're getting reports that she died while in custody.
收到消息称她在拘留期间死了
Babe, is everything all right?
宝贝 一切还好吗
No. No.
不
What the hell happened?
到底怎麽回事
Madam Secretary, if we could keep this cordial.
国务卿夫人 希望我们维持友好双边关係
You do realize that by killing this woman
你很清楚这个女人的死
you've made Xinpei's case for asylum that much harder to deny.
让傅欣佩的庇护申请变得很难被拒掉
Fu Xinwan was brought in for questioning.
福欣婉只是被带去问话
It was an interview, not an interrogation.
是谈话 而非刑讯
She had a heart attack.
她心脏病突发
It is my understanding this was a chronic condition
据我看来她只是没有照顾好
that she wasn't managing well.
自己的慢性病
She was rushed to the hospital,
她被紧急送往医院
but the doctors were not able to resuscitate.
但医生也无能为力了
Now, why should I believe you?
我怎麽相信你呢
Madam...
夫人...
I am a father.
我也是个父亲
I feel terribly for this poor girl.
我为这个可怜的姑娘深表歉意
China is changing.
中国在变化
In today's China, the sins of the parents
现今的中国 父辈的罪过
don't transfer to their children.
不会让子女承担
Fu Xinpei has nothing to fear from us.
傅欣佩没有什麽好担心的
You must let her come home.
你必须让她回家
My government believes
美国政♥府♥相信
you never planned on signing the Henkashu Treaty.
你们从来就没有签署协议的诚意
You were always just looking for a way out.
你们一直在找各种理由
And this girl was a convenient excuse.
这姑娘是个不错的藉口
Unless the girl is returned in the next 12 hours,
在十二小时内将她交还我们
Come on. my government will have no choice
得了吧 否则中国政♥府♥别无办法
but to permanently walk away from these talks.
只能永久拒绝协定谈判
We are already moving ballistic missiles
我们已经将弹道导弹
to our southeastern coast,
转移至东南沿海
just in case the Japanese decide
以防日本做出
to do anything stupid like plant a flag on the Henkashu Islands.
比如在钓♥鱼♥岛♥上树旗之类的愚蠢之举
She finds a sister, and now we have to tell her
她刚刚才找到她妹妹 现在就得去
she lost her mom.
告诉她她妈妈死了
It's not fair.
这不公平
No, it isn't.
没什麽公不公平
Let's... Let's just give her another minute.
让她再开心一会吧
Ah! Ah!
好吧
I'm sorry about before.
之前的事很抱歉
It was unprofessional.
显得太不专业了
I was jealous, actually.
我其实也就是有点小嫉妒
A friend of mine recently died, too,
我一个朋友也是最近去世的
and...
还有
I haven't been able to cry.
我哭都没时间哭
I started this job, and I had a lot on my mind.
我♥干♥了这份工作 脑子里装了太多事情
Today I realized I could use a good cry.
今天我才意识到必须得大哭一场才能好一点
You should have one.
那就大哭一场呗
Oh, this isn't gonna get any easier.
哭了其实也没什麽用
So, I got freaking accosted
今天这个中国小孩的事
today at work about the Chinese kid.
让我太专注了
That senator from Texas? Fletcher?
那个德州来的议员 弗莱彻吗
She comes up to me, and she's, like,
她找到我 然后
"If y'all could let your mama know
让你娘知道
that the good people of Texas hate commies."
德州的好人们都讨厌共♥产♥党
Senator Fletcher is
弗莱彻议员
actually awesome. She's a family friend.
很厉害的 她是全家人的朋友
She may be awesome, but her politics are really not awesome.
她也许真的很了不起 但她的政♥治♥手腕不敢恭维
She has no idea what she's talking about.
她说的话根本不经过大脑
Um, she's actually really smart. She went to Stanford.
她其实很聪明的 斯坦福的毕业生
Oh, really?
真的吗
So that makes everything that she says okay?
那她就能说什麽就是什麽了吗
All right, Stevie. I didn't say that.
行了 史蒂夫 我又没这麽说
What? I mean, yes, China is a Communist society,
我是想说 是的 中国是共♥产♥主义社会
but you can't just paint it with this broad, evil brush.
但你不能就事论事 什麽都根据颜色打标籤
Okay, I wasn't even talking about that. I mean, Americans have this...
我都没说到那麽远 我是说 美国有这样的
Just ignore her. Yeah, that's great
别管她 忙你的 好的很
Just watch TV and be dumb and complacent.
看你的电视去 做你的井底之蛙去吧
No. You don't get to call me dumb anymore.
我叫你别再这麽说我的
Okay, come on. Come on, the two of you.
行了 算了吧 你们两个都消停点
Okay, well, then, prove to me that you're not.
那就证明你不傻给我看
No. You are the idiot now. Now you're just trying to look cool
证明个屁 你就是个笨蛋 你不就是想在你
in front of your friends. I'm trying to look cool?
朋友面前逞威风吗 我还逞什麽威风
Whatever!
随你逞什麽
You're not the best at everything anymore.
你别再指望我言听计从
You're not the valedictorian, homecoming queen.
你不是什麽优秀毕业生 也不是什麽一家之主
You're a hostess in a restaurant
你就是个餐馆服务员
showing people to their tables.
给人家引路的勤杂工而已
That's what you are.
你不过如此
Thanks, Dad.
谢谢 爸爸
She was in heart failur
我走的时候
when I left.
她罹患心力衰竭
The doctor said that
医生说她需要
she needed surgery, but...
手术治疗 但是
she refused.
她拒绝治疗
I found this.
我找到了这个
Minister Chen said something
陈部长说了一些
about not punishing children for their parents' sins.
父母之过 子不代受的事情
And it hit me.
让我很有触动
She was the activist, not you.
她才是激进分子 你不是
Coming here was her idea.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表