剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
我是来救你一命的
I'm here to save your life.
怎么救
What life?
你能收到孩子们的信件
Letters from your kids.
等他们长到会给你写信的年纪
When they're old enough to write 'em.
我们甚至可以商量探亲权
We could even put visitation on the table.
我不知道具体怎么操作
I don't quite know how that would work.
恭喜
Congratulations.
伊朗和平的缔造者
The architect of peace with Iran.
你让这世界变得更危险
You've made the world a more dangerous place.
现在他们可以随意建立核武器库
Now they're free to build a nuclear arsenal.
我参加了莉莉的生日派对
I was at Lily's birthday party.
天呐 她真是个好孩子
Gosh, she's such a sweet kid.
你知道她还会每天
You know, she still sets a place for you
在餐桌上给你留一个位置
at the table every day.
你不是反对折磨性审问吗
I thought you were morally opposed to torture.
人总是会变的
People change.
你想怎么样
What do you want?
我想知道还有没有我们不知道的
I need to know if there are any other rogue agents
叛变特工
that we missed.
我想让你直视我双眼 坦白乔治的事
And I want you to look me in the eye and tell me about George.
是你杀了乔治
You killed George.
你真的想扯上这件事吗
You really want to pull this string?
我能把你放在一切事件的中心
I can put you at the center of all of it.
我能给你呈现解析证据
I can give you the calculus where all roads
最终一切都指向你和你的一个决定
lead to you and a single decision.
什么决定
What decision is that?
如果你亲身经历这场战争
You could be sitting in this chair if you'd
而不是退缩至学界
actually lived through the war
今天坐在这的说不定就是你
instead of retreating into academia.
你背叛了所有人
You turned on everyone
以及你宣称你所在乎的一切
and everything you claimed to care about.
一切因你而起
You put this in action.
你才是叛国者
You're the traitor.
什么决定
What decision?
你...
You...
退出了
quit.
这看起来可不不像是骄傲自持的步伐
That does not look like the stride of pride.
中情局总部 2005年
应该说是上刑场的前夕
More like the long walk to the woodshed.
康拉德要见我
Conrad wants to see me.
他看过了我写的巴格达驻地报告
He read my Baghdad station report.
我还没看那份 怎么了
I didn't get to it. What's the story?
缩减强化审讯手段
Scaling back on enhanced interrogation tactics.
基本来说就是对严刑拷问的谩骂
Basic diatribe against the efficacy of torture.
道德层面上的问题就不用我说了
Not to mention the morality.
我想你一定提到了这点
I'm sure you covered that.
你也知道
Oh, well, you know.
最稀奇的是我得反复强调《日内瓦公约》
The odd bit of harping on the Geneva convention.
我得不断老生重谈
Which'll have to do until I can produce
直到我能以科学手段证明恶有恶报
the hard science on karma.
白宫宣称《日内瓦公约》
The White House is calling
是份古怪而落后的协议
the Geneva convention quaint.
他们的论点是
Their argument is these aren't
这些战俘又不是你♥爸♥虏来的
your father's prisoners of war.
改变规则的不是我们 是他们
We didn't change the rules, they did.
那最终的答案又是什么呢
But then what's the answer?
背弃我们自身的道德准则吗
Betraying our own standards of ethical behavior?
我只是提醒你注意自己的位置
I'm just reporting your commander in chief's position.
我不是说我们该不战而退
In no way am I saying we back off this fight.
那些飞机撞向世贸中心的画面
The image of those planes crashing into the towers
不停在我脑海里重现
plays on a loop in my head.
但我的观点在于
But my argument is that
严刑拷问是在浪费时间
torture is a waste of time.
我们这是在浪费宝贵的资源
We are squandering valuable resources
回报基本小到可以忽略不计
for little or no return on investment.
我明白 这很复杂
I get it. It's complicated.
伊莎贝尔那边有什么消息
What do you hear from Isabelle?
她在伦敦可凄凉了
Miserable in London.
什么
What?
她说在那雨一直下个不停而且吃的太糟了
She says it never stops raining, the food is terrible
而且军情六处的人都听不懂她的笑话
and the guys in MI6 don't get her jokes.
我们也听不懂
We don't get her jokes.
这我可没告诉过她
I didn't tell her that.
好吧
Oh, well.
我很快就会被解雇或是派到拉脱维亚办事处
I'm about to get fired or put on the Latvia desk.
基♥地♥组♥织♥得交给你来处理了
Al-Qaeda will have to remain in your capable hands.
祝你好运
Good luck.
我的员工们
Ah. My staff.
还有视频
And video footage.
我有不好的预感
I have a bad feeling.
不 这可能不是什么大事
No, it could be nothing.
这可不是小事
It's not nothing.
这目前来说还算不上是个大事
It's not entirely something. Yet.
够了 给我看吧
Okay. Let's see it.
雷蒙德·科拉德议员
Senator Raymond Caruthers,
致力于反对本届政♥府♥一切的政♥治♥斗士
staunch opponent of everything in this administration,
最近频频拿伊朗说事
has cottoned on to the recent events in Iran,
自称为捍卫真理之人
holding himself up as the defender of truth.
我是不会被总统那套
I have not been placated
公开透明的作秀假话说服的
by the president's charade of transparency
尤其是在伊朗一事上
regarding the events in Iran.
我们该相信事件的始作俑者
We're supposed to accept that
以及参与人员均已被捕
the responsible parties have been caught
将被绳之于法吗 我不会轻易相信
and are on their way to justice. I'm not resting easy
美国民众也不该轻易相信
with that and neither should the American people.
不过是个想竞选总统的政客
A guy who's making a bid
利用伊朗的政♥变♥哗众取宠罢了
for president using the coup in Iran for grandstanding purposes?
不会有秘密消息泄露出去的
There's nothing to be exposed.
但此事仍需要妥善处理
It still needs to be handled.
阴谋论可能会一发不可收拾
Conspiracies can snowball.
除了我们的失败尝试 根本就毫无阴谋可言
There's no conspiracy except the one we thwarted.
我只是想说如果这事闹大了
I'm just saying if that gets traction,
你就得浪费大量的时间
you're gonna be spending way too much time
劝说准备"跳楼"的人
talking the people off the ledge.
船到桥头自然直
Well, we'll cross that ledge when we get to it.
国务卿女士
Uh, Madam Secretary...
我刚收到消息雷蒙德·科拉德议员
I just got word that Senator Caruthers
正在来你办公室的路上
is on his way to your office.
我跟他说了你没空
I told him you weren't available.
但他好像不在乎
He doesn't seem to care.
这还没到桥头呢
This is not the ledge.
这是到桥头前的那一站
This is a thing before you get to the ledge,
离桥头还远着呢
which is still a long way from the ground.
我正式放弃继续用这比喻
I'm officially retiring this metaphor.
谢了 布莱克
Thanks, Blake.
这份报告 国务卿看过了
Secretary of State saw this.
国防部长看过了
Secretary of Defense saw this.
国防顾问以及白宫幕僚长
National Security Advisor, White House Chief of Staff
还有总统阁下都看过了
and the President saw this.
我很抱歉 长官
I'm so sorry, sir.
我不知道他们怎么会看到我的报告
I don't know how that happened.
因为是我呈上去给他们看的
Because I showed it to them.
为什么
Why?
我觉得你说得有道理
I thought you made some valid points.
他们有什么看法
What did they think?
没被说服 固执己见
They remain unpersuaded.
我想让你重写一份报告
I want you to rewrite the report,
重点集中在增加前线情报人员
putting the focus on increased human intel on the ground
以及其他可替代强化审讯的策略
and other strategies to replace enhanced interrogation.
好的
Okay.
让他们知道不用强化审讯也能赢得战争
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表