剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
或者就像我的战争伦理教授曾说过的
Or as my own military ethics professor once said,
"战争永远是错的
"War is always wrong.
"永远
"Always.
"但总有更加错误的事"
"But some things are wronger."
好 今天的课就到这里 谢谢你们
Okay, that's it for today. Thank you.
再见
Good-bye.
麦考德教授
Dr. McCord.
怎么
Yes?
我是米奇·萨诺准将
Brigadier General Mitch Sarno.
很棒的一堂课
Great lecture.
你只听了结尾
Well, you just saw the end of it.
有什么需要帮助的吗 将军
Uh, what can I do for you, General?
我从你在弗吉尼亚大学开始
I've been following your military ethics courses
就在关注你的战争伦理课
since you were at UVA.
我们很关心下一代
We take an interest in how the next generation
在这些方面得到怎样的指导
is being instructed along those lines.
"我们"
"We"?
抱歉 我以为你可能知道我的工作
I'm sorry, I thought you might be aware of my work.
我是华盛顿的
I'm the commandant of
国防大学的校长
the National War College here in D.C.
您对我有兴趣 我很荣幸
Well, I'm flattered that you're interested in me,
还有点开始胡思乱想了
and a little paranoid.
这是一个侦查任务
It's a scouting mission.
我们认为你会很好地适应
We think you'd fit nicely in
我们的策略研究部
our Strategic Studies department.
你要给我一份工作
You're offering me a job?
你会成为我们部门的有力帮手
You'd be a strong addition to our faculty.
我感到非常荣幸 将军
Well, uh... that-that's quite an honor, General,
不过 我在这里做得很愉快
but, um, I'm happy with what I do here.
是的 帮文科学生
Yes, it is rewarding,
塑造思维是很有成就感的事
shaping the minds of liberal arts students.
但我们的学生
But our students
需要理解
need to understand
我们的潜在敌人的信仰和习俗
the beliefs and customs of a potential enemy.
你将教授未来所有的
You would be teaching all the future
军事领袖和国♥家♥安♥全♥领袖
military and national security leaders.
但要为国防部工作
And working for the Defense Department.
如果你担心利益冲突
If you're worried about a conflict of interest,
这个不要紧的
we're not.
一切都在国♥家♥安♥全♥部门的管控之下
It all falls under the dome of national security.
考虑考虑吧
Give it some thought.
哈里森...
Harrison...
我打过两次电♥话♥ 发过两次短♥信♥
I've called twice and I've texted twice,
因为我真的把那个
because I really kicked
"我想更多地见到你"足球踢给你了
the "I want to see you more" football.
但我现在开始感到自己是个傻瓜
But now I am starting to feel like an idiot.
和跟踪狂
And a stalker.
所以我不会再打给你了
So I'm not gonna call you again.
现在该你踢球了
Ball's in your court.
让我猜猜
Let me guess.
我是个傻瓜
I'm an idiot.
我跟你直说吧
I'm telling you.
这是个性格缺陷 你无法理解
It's a character defect. You can't engage.
我总得试试看
I have to try though.
我是说 他正处于非常脆弱的阶段
I mean, he... he's in a really fragile state.
他刚经历了一段非常非常难过的时期
He's just been through a really, really hard time.
戒毒所吗
Rehab?
我可没说
I didn't say that.
你不需要说出来
You don't have to.
玩消失是典型的瘾君子行为
The disappearing act is classic addict behavior.
人会变得更好的
People get better.
但不是你让他变好就能变好的
Not by being enabled.
这就是你在做的事 追着他跑
Which is what you're doing if you're chasing him around
握着他的手 倾听他的感受
to hold his hand and listen to his feelings.
只是...你不知道生在他家
It's just... you don't know what it's like
是一种什么感觉
to be in a family like his family.
我知道他的家人是谁
I know who his family is.
我听到你说了"哈里森"
I heard you say "Harrison."
我也有一点点推理技能
I have some deductive reasoning skills.
好吧 请你不要告诉别人
Okay, well, please don't tell anybody.
所有人都知道他有问题
Everybody knows he's troubled.
媒体早晚会知道戒毒所的事的
The press is gonna get ahold of the rehab thing eventually.
不管发生什么 都不是你的责任
No matter what happens, you're not responsible.
-该死的 -你还好吗
- Ah, damn it! - Are you okay?
刚才发生了什么
What just happened?
能不能请你
Will you please
在我关箱子的时候坐在上面
sit on my suitcase while I close it?
你能不能用缓慢的
Will you say that again,
性感的嗓音再说一次
in a slow, sexy voice?
-快帮帮我嘛 -好吧
- Come on. - Okay.
三天的旅行真的需要带这么多行李吗
Do you really need all this stuff for a three-day trip?
是去欧洲
It's Europe.
他们口味很挑的
They're judgy.
你确定这事没问题吗
Hey, are you sure you're okay with this?
这是上次...的事情后
It's the first time you've been abroad since,
你第一次出国
you know, all that...
没问题
Yes, I am fine.
你看 我有还没拆封的神经药片瓶
Look, I've got my unopened bottle of nerve pills,
我的iPad上有十五小时的鲸鱼歌♥曲
and I've got 15 hours of whale songs on my iPad
还有一个棕色的纸袋可以供我呼吸
and a brown paper bag that I can breathe into.
我真的没事 我保证
Really, i am fine. I promise.
而且我每天都在做冥想
And I've been doing that meditation every day,
我知道这样管用
which I know is working
因为我非常讨厌这件事
because of how much I hate it.
很好
Well, good.
听着 我知道这事根本不用说
Hey, listen. I know it goes without saying,
但你不能在召开家庭全员大会之前
but you are not going to accept that job
就接受这个工作 对吧
without a full-on family meeting, right?
我给你个更好的消息吧
I will go you one better.
我不打算接受那个工作
I'm not going to accept that job.
什么 你...连考虑都不考虑一下吗
What? You're... you're not even gonna consider it?
一个宗教学者去全美军事学院教书
A religious scholar teaching at the National War College?
在认知上太不和谐了 我处理不来
There's only so much cognitive dissonance I can handle.
教授军事伦理
Teaching military ethics,
这正好是你很有兴趣的主题啊
a subject that you happen to be passionate about.
好吧 我不想为
Okay. I don't want to work
一个竞争政♥府♥部门工作
for a competing department of government.
国♥务♥院♥和国防部并不是竞争关系
State and Defense don't compete.
我们通常采取开放的敌意
We compare and contrast expertise,
对专家意见进行比较和对比
often in an openly hostile manner.
宝贝 我对目前的位置很满意 真的
Babe, I am happy where I am, really.
等一下...这是什么
W-Wait, what is this?
这是什么
What is this?
...一系列来自外国政♥府♥的冒犯
...A series of insults from foreign governments,
以及丢失了一件国宝
and the loss of a national treasure,
我们必须拒绝
we must reject
在布鲁塞尔议定的债务协议
the negotiated debt deal in Brussels.
绝无好事
That can't be good.
拉塞尔
Hey, Russell.
和你一样 我也是这样得知此事的
I'm finding out the same way you are.
我会去处理的
I'll get into it.
所以...
So...
除非我们能说服希腊
unless we can convince Greece
尽快达成一个新的协议
to make a new deal, and fast,
不然他们就要违约了
they're gonna default.
这会导致全球经济崩溃
Leading to global economic collapse.
关于你的工作问题 我们还没讨论完
We are not finished talking about your job offer.
你还是专注于
Why don't you concentrate
确保我们的养老金和房♥子
on making sure our 401s and house
明天早上不会变得一钱不值这件事吧
aren't worthless by tomorrow morning?
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表