剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
也是说给你听的 爸
Yes, sir.
是 长官
Potato?
吃土豆吗
So, I'm applying for a new job.
我正在申请一份新工作
Wow, there's something. What is it?
新鲜事啊 什么工作
Union organizing with Grandpa.
跟爷爷一起组织工会
Chip off the old block.
跟她爷爷一样
I'm sorry that you're leaving tonight.
很抱歉你今晚要走
Well, I need to get back.
我必须得回去
I'm not sorry about what I said.
但我对我说的话不感到抱歉
I mean, I just... didn't really expect
我只是... 真的没想到
everything to get so out of control,
局面会失控
You know? Stevie and...
斯蒂芬和...
The young need to push the boundaries.
年轻人就要打破束缚
It's good for them.
对他们有好处
Yeah, well, that's no excuse for my father in law.
是的 但是我公公的确是做得不对
Well, if he forgives me, I will forgive him.
要是他能原谅我 我就原谅他
Maybe it isn't just the young who should push the boundaries.
或许不光是年轻人需要打破束缚
A little dissent is good,
有点分歧是好的
especially when it's standing up for the right thing.
尤其是为了正确的事情
Remember?
还记得吗
You said that, Joey.
这是你说的 乔伊
The night before graduation on the roof of Sukaly.
毕业前一晚 在苏卡里宿舍房♥顶上
You told me you weren't gonna
你跟我说毕业典礼上
wear your mortarboard in the ceremony.
你不会戴学位帽
I do remember thinking,
我记得当时我想
if the future King of Bahrain could say that,
如果未来巴林的国王能说出这话
well, then anything is possible.
那世上就没有什么不可能的事了
Thank you for dinner, Lizzie.
谢谢你的晚餐 丽兹
I was just passing by.
我只是路过
Are you a steelworker?
你是炼钢工人吗
No, but my grandfather is.
不是 不过我爷爷是
He said there might be an entry level organizing job.
他说这里可能会有份初级的组织工作
Love your enthusiasm, but that job isn't open right now.
欣赏你的热情 不过那份工作还不招人
Probably should have let him call first.
可能应该先让他打个电♥话♥的
What's your grandfather's name?
你爷爷叫什么
Patrick McCord.
帕特里克·麦考德
He's actually on the board of the national chapter.
他其实是全国总工会董事会的人
McCord.
麦考德
M c C o r d?
M c C o r d
会员查询
I'm sorry, but he's not on our board.
抱歉 他不是我们董事会的人
Are you sure?
你确定吗
You checked the national board, in Pittsburgh?
你查过匹兹堡的全国董事会吗
Here's the number to the Pittsburgh office
这是匹兹堡办公室的电♥话♥
in case you want to check yourself.
你要是想确认的话自己打吧
Thank you.
谢谢
Madam Secretary,
国务卿女士
meet the winners of the State Department
见过国♥务♥院♥一年级论文比赛的
first grade essay contest.
获奖者
Hi, kids. And justifiably proud parents.
你们好 孩子们 还有以你们为傲的家长们
Now, listen, I read your essays
我读了你们写的关于
on influential Americans abroad,
在国外有影响力的美国人的论文
and it made me very proud to be among them.
让我觉得和他们共事真是我的荣幸
You ready for your certificates?
准备好领证书了吗
Okay. Here we go.
好的 我们开始
Who's first up?
谁是第一个
Justin Lee.
贾斯汀·李
Thank you.
谢谢
You're very welcome. Promise to keep writing?
不客气 答应我继续写下去好吗
You bet. There's your pen. All right.
当然 这是送你的笔 好的
And... Haven Costello.
下一位是... 黑文·科斯特洛
Haven...
黑文
Hold on one second.
稍等一下
Technical difficulties. Hold on. Blake?
技术故障 等一下 布莱克
Yes. Do you have a pen?
在 你有钢笔吗
You know what, I can run downstairs quickly.
我可以飞奔到楼下
Oh, wait. No. Got it.
等等 不用了 有了
Look at this. This is a NASA pen.
看啊 这是一支宇航局的钢笔
Maybe this pen will inspire you to write about space.
或许这支笔能启发你写有关太空的事
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样
Thank you, Madam Secretary.
谢谢你 国务卿女士
Hey, Dad.
老爸
That meeting was a complete waste.
去见那一面完全是浪费时间
Your wife stuck me with some... kid.
你老婆安排了几个小崽子见我
Okay, hey. You're lucky that she stuck you with anybody.
好吧 她帮你忙已经算你走运了
hours on that bus to get here.
来这里要坐十一个小时的大巴11
Oh, and here I thought you came to see the family.
我还以为你是来看我们的呢
years. I bring 40 years of experience to bear,
四十年 我积攒了四十年的努力想有所作为40
and she sticks me with a nobody.
而她却把我塞给了无名人士
She did you a favor.
她已经帮了你一把了
She says she cares about workers like me.
她说她关心像我这样的工人
She's buddy buddy with some slave owning prince!
却又和某个奴隶主王子称兄道弟
I'm surprised she didn't marry the prince
我都奇怪她怎么没嫁给那个王子
and and live in palaces with all those bathrooms!
住在有一堆卫生间的皇宫里
All right. At least Mom's not a fake.
算了 至少妈妈不骗人
Stevie, this is between your grandfather and me.
斯蒂芬 这是你爷爷和我之间的事
No, it's not. Mom doesn't lie.
不 不是 妈妈不会说谎
She doesn't pretend to be better than she is.
她不会虚伪浮夸
And she faces up to the things that she's done.
她会为自己做过的事情负责
What are you even talking about? You.
你到底在说什么 在说你
You're not on your union's board.
你不是你们的工会董事会成员
You haven't been for five years. I checked.
你五年前就不在那里了 我查过了
They said that you're hardly even at the hall anymore.
他们说你几乎都已经不算是工会的人了
So, what exactly was your plan, Grandpa?
你到底在谋划什么 爷爷
Were you gonna pretend to help me
你是不是假意要帮我
and hope that maybe I would...
还期待我可能会...
forget that I needed a job while you were getting my hopes up?
忘记在我需要一份工作时你给了我希望
You knew how much it meant to me,
你知道这对我来说有多重要
and and now you're s...
然后你现在坐...
you're sitting here criticizing my mom.
你现在坐在这里指责我妈妈
I don't have to answer to you.
我用不着跟你解释
I don't have to answer to anyone.
我用不着跟任何人解释
I owe you an apology, Kemala.
我必须向你道歉 卡马拉
I had to let the Hassanis go.
我必须得放了哈萨尼夫妇
They're on a plane back to Bahrain.
他们已经在回巴林的飞机上了
They won't see justice as I had hoped.
他们不会如我所愿 受到公正的审判
Mr. Hassani is important man.
哈萨尼先生是个重要人物
Well, speaking of important men,
说到重要人物
Prince Obaid has secured reparations on your behalf.
奥贝德王子已经代你索得赔偿
You'll have enough money.
你会有足够的钱
You won't have to worry about that.
不用担心了
Daisy and I want to talk about your future.
黛西和我想和你谈谈你的未来
I can grant you asylum in the United States.
我可以为你提供留在美国的庇护
If you'd like.
如果你愿意的话
We can help set you up here, find an apartment.
我们可以帮你留在这里 找个房♥子
I mean, would you like that?
你愿意吗
Here?
这里
Not necessarily in Washington.
不一定要在华盛顿
I know it's a lot,
我知道需要时间来习惯
but it's a chance for you to start over.
但这是你重新开始的一个机会
If not,
不然的话
I'd have to send you back to Indonesia.
我只能把你送回印尼了
No.
别
No work there.
那边没活干
Maybe you'd like to think about it.
你可以考虑一下
Mr. Hassani brother.
哈萨尼先生兄弟
He talk to me.
他跟我说了
He give work
他让我
with him in Bahrain.
去巴林帮他干活
Can I go?
我能去吗
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表