Over 50 checks from the last seven years,
过去七年有超过50张支票
all varying amounts, almost all 15K or under.
每张的金额都不同 几乎都是一万五或以下
Uh, sorry to interrupt.
抱歉打扰了
Captain.
警监
Yes, okay, great.
好的 没问题 干得好
Here you go.
这边请
Come in.
请进
Thank you for coming last night.
谢谢你昨晚能出席
It was a lovely evening.
那是个美好的夜晚
Huh, until it wasn't.
直到麻烦找上门
Look,
听着
after everyone left, it, uh...
在大家离开后
It crossed my mind to call Del back.
我想过叫德尔再过来一趟
You wanted to give him a heads-up?
你想给他提个醒吗
I did, because I don't believe he's capable of this.
是的 因为我不相信他会干出这种事
But, Lamai had the good legal sense to talk me out of that.
但是 拉迈带着很强的法律意识说服我不要那样做
To be clear, you're in control of the investigation.
先说清楚了 这案子的调查由你负责
I'll recuse.
我会回避
You can report to the Chief of D's.
你可以直接向警♥察♥总长汇报
I appreciate that.
我很感激
But, because, he trusts you...
但是 因为 他信任你
and the community trusts you...
整个社区也信任你
I may need your help with this.
我可能会需要你的帮助
Okay.
好的
In that case,
既然如此
Laura Chase pulled me aside last night.
劳拉·蔡斯昨晚把我拉到一边
She's worried about the embezzlement.
她在担心挪用公♥款♥的案子
Might be an opening.
也许是个切入点
We appreciate your cooperation, Reverend Chase.
我们非常感谢你的配合 蔡斯牧师
Call me Laura. But aren't you Special Victims?
叫我劳伦就行 但你们不是特殊受害者部门的吗
We are, but,
我们是 不过
Chris Garland asked us to look into this
克里斯·加兰德让我们接手
on behalf of Special Frauds.
特殊欺诈科的调查
Christian's a good man.
克里斯蒂安是个好人
When I heard Sherry Blake stole collection-plate money
当我听说雪莉·布莱克偷了筹款账户里的钱
to go on shopping sprees, I was sickened.
去疯狂购物的时候 我感到恶心
Not just collections. We flagged some checks that
不仅仅是筹款 我们还标记了一些支票
may or may not be legitimate.
可能合法 也可能不合法
W-would you mind taking a look?
你介意我们去看一下吗
Of course. Let's go to my office.
不介意 去我的办公室吧
These two...
这两张
We never used a catering service, I'm sure.
我们从用过餐饮服务 我很确定
Okay, so put those in the fraudulent pile.
好的 把这些放进诈骗案卷里
And now we have three different car payments.
现在我们这有三辆不同的汽车的款项清单
Yeah, we each have our own car and there's a church van.
是的 我们俩都有自己的车 还有辆教堂用的货车
We also found a, uh, series of checks made out to...
我们还找到一系列的支票支付给
To different girls.
不同的女孩
Do you recognize this name?
你认识这个名字吗
Yeah, Breyona Taylor... She's a student.
是的 贝永娜·泰勒 她是个学生
10,000 dollars.
一万美元
The church sometimes helps young girls with family need.
教会有时帮助家庭有困难的年轻女孩
Yeah.
好的
This one is from four years ago.
这张是四年前的
Destiny Hall?
戴斯妮·豪尔
We had such high hopes for her.
我们曾对她寄予厚望
Poor girl just lost her way.
可怜的女孩迷失了自己
75,000 dollars?
七万五千美元
Yeah, three checks in the same month.
是的 一个月内开了三张支票
Renee Lee, 75,000.
芮妮·李 七万五
Sade Ferguson, 75,000.
莎黛·弗格森 七万五
And 100,000 dollars PraiseRaise fund
还有至高赞美基金开出的十万美元
for, uh, Sade Lee.
给了 莎黛·李
Renee is a student,
芮妮是名学生
and Sade is her mom. And they were struggling.
莎黛是她的母亲 她们的生活很挣扎
But there's no way the church would've paid out
但是教会是不可能支付
a quarter million dollars.
二十五万美元的
Sister Sherry must have
一定是雪莉修女
written out the checks and laundered them.
开了这些支票 并把钱洗干净
My husband will be beside himself.
我丈夫肯定会疯掉的
Yes, it's my check.
是的 这是我的支票
It's made out to me, Breyona Taylor.
这是给我的 贝永娜·泰勒
Can you tell us what it was for?
能告诉我们是为了什么呢
I told the Rev that I wanted to go to medical school
我告诉牧师我想上医学院
to become a pediatrician.
成为一名儿科医生
He said it would cost a lot, but he could help.
他说那要花很多钱 但他可以帮忙
And he just gave you the check?
然后他就给了你这张支票吗
We put it in an account, just like that.
我们把钱存在一个账户里 就这样
Did he expect anything in return?
那他期待得到什么回报吗
Just to keep working towards my dream
只是为了实现我的梦想
and to give all glory to God.
并将所有的荣耀献给上帝
The Reverend called it a down payment on my future.
牧师说这是投资我未来的首♥付♥
What that mean?
什么意思
It meant keep my mouth shut.
意思是闭上我的嘴
About what? About him being nasty.
关于什么 关于他下流的事
He gave me a loan,
他给了我一笔贷款
asked if I have bad thoughts,
问我有没有什么坏想法
asked me to tell him about my temptations.
让我告诉他我的诱惑
Anything else happen?
还发生什么事吗
I shut him down, took his check.
我让他闭嘴 收下了他的支票
That money is long gone.
那笔钱早就用完了
You ever tell anyone?
你告诉过别人吗
Everyone at that church thinks he's God.
教会里的所有人都认为他是上帝
Thanks for speaking with us, Michelle.
谢谢你愿意和我们谈话 米歇尔
You're here about that accountant?
你们来这是为了那个会计吗
Everyone knows about it?
所有人都知道了吗
Yeah. The girls are all upset.
是的 女孩们都很难过
I'm the dorm mom, so I hear it all.
我是她们的宿管 所以我都听说了
Is Renee Lee here today?
芮妮·李今天在吗
Front and center, like always.
像往常一样 第一排中间
Thanks.
谢了
Reverend Chase is generous to all us girls.
蔡斯牧师对我们所有的女孩都很慷慨
He's a true Christian. I'm sure he is, but...
他是名真正的基♥督♥徒 我肯定他是 但是
250,000 dollars?
25万美元
My mom broke her back.
我妈妈摔断了背
She hasn't worked in a year.
她已经一年没工作了
And was that the only reason the Reverend gave your family the money?
这就是牧师给你家人钱的唯一原因吗
Like, breaking your back isn't enough?
怎么 伤了背还不够惨吗
It's just a lot more than the other donations
只是这比教会捐给其他人的
made by the church,
要多得多
and if the Reverend asked for anything in return...
如果牧师要求了任何回报
Like what?
比如呢
You saying the Rev's a creeper?
是想说牧师是个变♥态♥吗
He's not.
他不是
Anyway, I gotta rehearse now.
不管怎样 我现在要排练了
I'm new and all, but... You're not that new.
我虽然新来的 但是 你不算新人了
Something happened here, and it wasn't spiritual.
这里肯定发生了些事 而且无关宗教
Who's gonna tell Chief Garland?
谁向加兰德副局报告呢
How long's it been since we've done this?
我们这样一起下棋有多久了
Too long.
太久了
And I thought here would be a better place to talk
而且我认为这里是个比我们俩的办公室
than either of our offices.
更好的谈话场所
If this is about the embezzlement, Del,
如果是关于挪用公♥款♥案的话 德尔
I assure you the investigation will proceed
我向你保证调查会继续进行
with due diligence. Will it?
并且尽职尽责 是么
There are bitter and racist eyes on us, Christian.
充满仇恨和种族歧视的眼睛正盯着我们 克里斯蒂安
Eyes that don't wanna see me raise up this community
他们不想看到我通过我的教会 我的学校
through my church, my school.
在这个社区里崛起
Eyes that don't wanna see a black man
他们不希望看到一个黑人
rise in the NYPD.
在纽约警局崛起
But I have risen.
但我已崛起
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表