剧集 | 鬼语者(2005) | 导航列表
Was there anything besides beetles?
除了甲壳虫还有别的吗
Scalpel.
手术刀
As in surgery?
手术用的那种
As in sharp.
很锋利
Ok, this has to be about my mother.
这肯定跟我妈妈有关
And you know what? I'm getting a little freaked out.
这么一说 我真有点害怕了
So I'm gonna go in and check on her.
我进去看看她
Well, what do I do?
那我呢
Well, we have to find out what the connection is between the symbols.
你想法找出这些征兆之间有何联♥系♥
Do you remember the guy I was telling you about
还记得我跟你说过的
... Professor Payne?
佩恩教授吗
Yeah. Yeah. The guy at Rockland U.
当然 洛克兰大学的那个
Go and see him. Ok?
去找他 好吗
He knows all about symbols and the supernatural.
他对这些征兆和超自然现象很精通
He'll be able to tell you if there's a connection.
他能判断出那些事物是否有关联
Wait. I just show up there? I don't even know the guy.
我就直接去吗 我根本不认识他
No, it's ok. He's a good guy.
没关系 他是个好人
He just doesn't know about what I can do.
他只是不知道我的能力
So keep it all theoretical. Theoretical?
所以你就说是纯理论问题 纯理论
I gotta go.
我得走了
I love you, bye.
我爱你 再见
Theoretical.
纯理论
Hey, uh, sorry, man.
打搅了
I'm looking for a professor, a Dr. Payne.
我想找一位教授 佩恩博士
So are half the credit card companies in the U.S.
美国半数的信♥用♥卡♥公♥司♥都在找他
What can I do for you?
有什么事吗
You're Payne?
您就是佩恩教授
You are...?
您是...
Sorry. I was expecting somebody older.
抱歉 我以为你是个老头呢
Why don't you come back in 25 years?
那你25年后再来吧
Hey, I'm Jim Clancy. I'm Melinda Gordon's husband.
我是吉姆·克兰西 梅林达·戈登的丈夫
She comes to you sometimes for help.
她常来找您帮忙
You're melinda's husband.
你是梅林达的丈夫
Wow, this is really very interesting.
真是 太有意思了
Yeah. She's out of town. But she sent me over-
她出门了 但是她叫我来这儿...
Your wife fascinates me.
我对你的妻子很着迷
Me, too.
我也是
Look, some times she says you help her.
她多次提到帮过她
And I'm working on this project,
我在弄点小研究
And I was wondering if you could give me a hand.
不知道你能否帮我个忙
What kind of project?
什么研究
Uh, I'm writing a book.
我正在写书
You know, everybody's doing it these days.
现在很多人都写书
Melinda told me you were a paramedic.
梅林达跟我说 你是个医护
Yeah. I am. Yeah. See? It's a hobby.
是的 这是个爱好
Saving lives is a hobby?
挽救生命是爱好
No, writing.
不 是写作
Oh, the writing's the hobby.
写作是爱好
Um, I'm a little lost right now.
我现在很困惑
I've been playing with all this symbolism.
我一直在研究征兆学
Cats, for instance. And I...
比如说 猫...
Here you go, Melinda's husband. Take your pick.
拿着 梅林达的丈夫 挑出来
How about that one? Excellent.
这个 好极了
Abyssinian.
阿比西尼亚猫
Egyptian. Very spooky looking, huh?.
埃及的 看上去很诡异吧
You know, the ancient egyptians, they were crazy about cats, Jim.
古埃及人对猫十分着迷 吉姆
If you killed a cat, you had to be killed.
谁若杀死了猫 就得偿命
If your cat died, you went into mourning.
谁的猫死了 就得为它哀悼
You had to shave off your eyebrows while in mourning.
哀悼期间 还得刮掉眉毛
That must-that must have been a fantastic look.
那个造型一定很棒
Right.
是呀
Ok. What if in this story I throw in some beetles,
那如果故事里还有甲壳虫呢
What would that start to signify?
象征着什么
Well, that would depend.
那就看情况了
On what?
什么意思
On the beetle.
看是什么甲壳虫
I've always been partial to George.
我更喜欢乔治[甲壳虫乐队成员]
I'm joking. That's a joke.
开玩笑 开玩笑而已
Guess Melinda hasn't told you a lot about me.
我猜 梅林达不怎么提到我
Nope. No, no. She just said you were a great guy.
不会啊 她说你是个好人
Well, then you've been sadly misinformed.
真惨 你上当了
What color are these beetles?
什么颜色的虫
Green. And they're shiny.
绿色 发光的
Green? Those are scarabs.
绿色的 是圣甲虫
There's a lot of Egyptian symbolism in your book.
你的书倒是牵涉很多埃及征兆
Could be.
可能吧
Green, Egyptian, scarabs.
绿色 埃及 圣甲虫
Here you go... dung beetles.
有了 金龟子
That one. Used a lot in Egyptian iconography,
这种 常出现在埃及画像中
usually symbolizing regeneration and rebirth.
通常象征着复活和重生
Right. So if I was- uh, if my main character was seeing-
那如果我 我书里的主人公看到...
Getting sent these symbols,
这些东西
What do you think that would mean?
那是什么意思
Could mean a lot of things. It could mean beauty, Egypt.
有很多可能 美女 埃及
It could mean the goddess Isis,
可能是女神伊希斯[掌管生育和繁殖]
She's the most powerful, most popular.
她最强大 最受爱戴
But you have cats. That's a powerful motif.
不过你提到猫 那是个很强大的标志
That would make me think of the goddess Bast.
让我想到猫神贝斯特
Bast was the protector of cats and women.
贝斯特是猫与女性的保护神
Did you just say "Bast?"
你刚刚说"贝斯特"
Bast, yeah. Just now.
贝斯特 是的
Bast cosmetics. Do you know bast cosmetics?
贝斯特化妆品 你听过吗
Cosmetics? I'm not, um...that's not my area of expertise.
化妆品 不... 那不是我的研究领域
You know, doc, you helped me a lot.
博士 你真的帮了大忙
I owe you one. Thanks.
欠你一个人情 谢谢
You're leaving? Wait.
这就走了吗 等一下
Do-do you guys do this all the time, the two of you?
你们俩 老这样吗
What? The whole I'm saying something,
什么 每次都过来说点事情
But I'm not tell you what I mean.
却不说明真正来意
I'm being wacky and evasive thing.
总弄得很古怪又难以捉摸
Do you both do it?
你们俩老这样吗
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不懂你说什么
Yea. Like that. That's-that's good.
对 就像这样 很好
What do you want?
你想干什么
So the ghost is attached to bast cosmetics?
这么说 鬼魂和贝斯特化妆品有关
Bast is all about beauty. She was the protector of cats.
贝斯特女神是美的化身 是猫的保护神
And their logo is a beetle and a cat.
而化妆品商标恰好是甲虫和猫
So, this girl from your dream...
这么说 你梦里的女孩...
What was she like?
她长什么样儿
Scary.
很恐怖
Was she beautiful?
她漂亮吗
She wasn't exactly homely.
不难看
Ugh, Jim, come on. I can take it.
吉姆 说嘛 没关系
Spit it out. Was she beautiful?
说吧 她漂亮吗
She's drop dead gorgeous. She looks like a model.
她美若天仙 像是个模特
A simple yes would have done.
回答"是"就够了
Hey, hey, you just said-
是你让我...
How many times exactly have your dream of this drop deadgorgeous model?
你梦见这位美若天仙的模特多少回了
Mel, I want the dreams to end just as much as you do.
梅 我也想让这个梦早点结束
Ok. Obiously your visions and dreams have nothing to do with my mother.
好吧 显然你的梦和我妈妈无关
So she must be connected to Bast cosmetics.
那她肯定和贝斯特化妆品有关
Maybe she's a model.
或许她是公♥司♥的模特
Was one of their models.
曾经是
Dead? Don't you think?
她死了 你以为呢
Well, then why is she coming to me?
那她干嘛来找我
I don't know.
不知道
Maybe she was attached to somebody at the makeover party.
也许她是跟着美容派对上的某个人来的
Oh, thank you.
谢谢
Or maybe she's using you to get to me.
也可能 她利用你来接近我
All right, well, how do we find her?
好吧 我们怎么才能找到她
剧集 | 鬼语者(2005) | 导航列表