剧集 | 鬼语者(2005) | 导航列表
You're a hopeless romantic, you know that?
你真是浪漫得无可救药 知道吗
Ok. There is a Jean Godfrey
好吧 有个简·高弗雷
who owns Jean's pet shop in Sunset Park.
在夕阳公园开了家宠物店
What do you think--man or a woman?
你猜是男是女
Only one way to find out.
只有一个办法能弄清楚
You know what? It's fun to brainstorm this stuff with you.
你知道吗 跟你讨论这事还蛮有趣
You know, I read somewhere--
我在哪儿看到过
Ghostbusting keeps a marriage strong.
抓鬼行动有助婚姻关系
Oh, I can't! No, I can't.
我不能 不 不行
Honey, are you all right?
亲爱的 你没事吧
Oh, yeah. I'm sorry.
是的 抱歉
I just promised my husband that
我答应过我丈夫
I wouldn't come home with something soft and fluffy and--oh.
不会带毛绒绒的东西带回家 可是...
Yeah. Well, the reptile section's right over there, if that's any help.
好吧 那里有爬行宠物 你可以看看
Actually, I am looking for a human being.
其实 我要找的是一个人
Jean Godfrey?
简·高弗雷
You're looking at her.
我就是
Oh, oh, hi. I'm Melinda Gordon?
你好 我是梅林达·戈登
Are you related to the writer Adam Godfrey?
你和亚当·高弗雷有关系吗
Well, if being married to him counts as related--
如果结过婚也算的话
He's your husband? Was long time ago.
他是你丈夫吗 很久以前曾是
I kept the name, though. So why do you ask?
我还保留了他的姓 问这个干什么
I'm so sorry. He's dead.
很抱歉 他去世了
Oh, ok.
好吧
Tony, could you take the counter, please?
托尼 你能帮我看会儿店吗
Sure thing, Jean.
没问题
Let's talk outside.
我们到外面说吧
Sorry, but I really have to do this.
抱歉 我忍♥不住
I'm not going to light it, I just go through the motions.
我不会点着的 只是做个动作
Quitting's a bitch.
戒烟太难了
That's what I hear.
都这么说
So Adam's dead.
亚当死了
How'd it happen.
怎么死的
There was an accident. I don't have all the details.
一场事故 具体我也不知道
You the girlfriend? No. I just met him recently.
你是他女朋友 不 我最近才遇到他
He told me that he'd always been alone.
他告诉我 他一直孤身一人
Well, I guess he kind of was,
我猜也是
actually, even when we were married.
即使是我们结婚后
Yeah. It was really good at first. It was just--
一开始感情很好 只是
He was kind of a hard guy to get close to.
他是那种很难亲近的人
So I assume you've read Lost Delusions.
我想你读过《幻灭》了吧
It was pretty much the story of his life.
跟他自己的生活很接近
Tourtured young guy too smart for his own good,
饱受折磨的年轻人 太过聪明
doesn't really fit in.
不怎么合群
I guess I thought that I was going to be the one
我以为自己能够
to bring him in from the cold.
拯救他
You know what?
听我的
Don't ever think that you can save those tortured young artists.
别妄想解救那些饱受折磨的艺术家
I think that they actually like being tortured.
我想他们喜欢被折磨
It's what makes them artists.
不然就成不了艺术家
He was successful for a while, though, right?
但他曾经辉煌过 对吗
Oh, yeah. When Lost Delusions came out, it was a big deal.
是的 《幻灭》出版时 引起了很大的轰动
And then his second novel came out.
但当他第二本小说出版时
Critics had a feeding frenzy.
恶评如潮
Adam was devastated
亚当因此身心交瘁
And he said he needed to move to the cabin
他说要搬去小屋
to have some isolation to write.
与世隔绝 继续创作
At first, he came home every weekend,
刚开始 他每周末都会回来
then once a month
后来变成每月一次
And then there was the talk.
接着就是那次谈话
The one where you know it's all over.
我就知道一切都结束了
If you want someone reliable, you get yourself a pet.
若想找个可靠的 不如买♥♥只宠物
Thanks for the advice.
谢谢你的建议
Yeah. Thank you for letting me know about this.
谢谢你告诉我这件事
Oh, man.
天哪
This is going to be really hard for Kate to hear.
凯特知道了一定难受死了
Kate? His daughter.
凯特 他的女儿
Yeah. Death can be hard to explain to children.
向孩子解释死亡是很难
Well, she's hardly a child. She's a junior at State U.
她不是孩子了 她在州立大学读大三
She hasn't seen or heard from her father since she was 3.
三岁后就再没她父亲的音信了
3? She'd never admit it,
三岁 她从不承认
But I think that she always thought that she'd see him again.
但我知道她一直还想再见她父亲
Well, maybe even get an explanation.
哪怕听他解释也行
Well, that's not going to happen now, is it?
已经不可能了 不是吗
Well, thanks. I just--
谢谢你 我只是
I wanted to let you know.
给你带个消息
What are you doing here? I'm not sure.
你在这儿干嘛 我也不知道
I feel like I'm near something that used to be important.
我感觉附近有什么曾对我很重要
I need to talk to you.
我要跟你谈谈
Why didn't you tell me that you had a wife and daughter?
你为什么不告诉我 你有妻女
A wife and daughter?
妻女
No, I didn't have a wife and...
没有 我没有妻子
Oh, my god.
天哪
Jean and Kate
简和凯特
Yeah, Jean and kate, who you abandoned when she was 3.
是 简和凯特 她三岁时就被你抛弃了
Why would I do that? That's what I'd like to know.
我为什么会这么做 我也想知道
All I know is I had a lot of demons. It was hard being around people.
我知道我很坏 与别人很难相处
I think I felt that I wasn't good for either of them.
我觉得和她们在一起 对她们反而不好
So you ditched them?
所以你就抛弃了她们
No, I freed them to lead happier lives without me.
不 我那是解放她们 让她们过得更好
What? That's classic.
怎么 老一套
You don't understand No, you don't understand.
你不明白 不 是你不明白
How do you think your daughter felt
你认为你女儿会怎么想
when she had to watch you walk out of her life forever?
眼睁睁看着你永远离开她
Free? You're her father.
解放 你是她父亲啊
It was complicated. I'm not proud of it...
事情没那么简单 我并不引以为傲
Good, cause you don't deserve to be happy.
很好 你不配得到快乐
You deserve to be exactly where you are in the wrong grave,
你只配这样 待在别人的坟墓里
Doomed to listen to a woman grieve a good man,
听一个女人为她的好丈夫哭泣
knowing that he isn't you.
却明知她不是为你而哭
So anyway, I'm standing in this alley, and I'm yelling at this ghost.
我站在街上 对着一个鬼魂大叫
Why did I let myself get so emotional?
我怎么变得这么情绪化
Not gonna read it, huh?
不打算读了 是吧
I don't want anything to do with this ghost.
我不想为这鬼魂做任何事
Why would I help someone who would run out on his family,
我凭什么要帮一个逃离家庭
abandoning his child?
抛妻弃女的人
Whose family are we talking about now?
我们在谈谁的家庭
Ok, I admit it, I have a personal thing going on here.
好吧 我承认有私人情感牵涉其中
So what? So nothing.
那又怎样 没什么
Just know where it's coming from.
知道你气从何来了
And then he had the nerve to expect me to make it right for him.
他居然还敢让我帮他纠正这个错误
In his defense, there aren't too many other people he could go to.
为他想想 别人可帮不了他
You're defending him?
你在帮他说话
I'm pointing out you're a little emotional right now.
我在指出你有一点情绪化
I don't have to help every ghost that comes along.
我没义务去帮每个来找我的鬼魂
It's my call, right?
这是我的权利 是吗
I mean, you've heard me tell ghosts to leave me alone.
你和我说过 让那些鬼离我远点
Only when you thought you couldn't help them.
只是在你认为无能为力时
You really think I can help this one?
你真认为我能帮他
Yeah, I do. And I think you do, too.
是 我认为你也这样想
I can't talk about this right now. I have a headache.
我现在不想谈这个 我头疼
Ooh, that's fabulous.
那个包真不错
Is it for sale?
那能卖♥♥吗
Oh, no. I'm sorry, It's mine.
不好意思 那是我的
Lucy and Ethel would die for that bag.
露丝和埃塞尔会爱死这个包的
May I?
能给我看看吗
Oh sure.
当然可以
There you go.
给你
Careful with that clasp liberace
小心我的黎伯拉奇
You trying to break it
你想弄坏它吗
剧集 | 鬼语者(2005) | 导航列表