剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表
we came up at a time
我和几个资深合伙人
when Wall Street was all cock and balls
挺身而出
and no brains.
我们想让这里少一些自我主义
We try to practice with a little less ego around here
营造更有协作意识 更包容的环境
in a more collaborative, inclusive environment.
但这平衡很微妙
But it's a delicate balance.
你不想让这里满是
You don't want a bunch of guys running around
火♥药♥味
with sawed-off shotguns,
但也不想这里太过安逸
but you don't want scented candles
没人愿意冒险
and an aversion to risk either.
说得太对了
That's for fucking sure.
我们需要有人来维持平衡
We need someone to curate that balance,
找一个身经百战的人
someone who's been through the wars,
经历过另一面的人
who's seen the other side.
你想我把你的人训练成刺客吗
You want me to make your people assassins.
我们想让他们在需要时能有那种心态
We want them to be able to access that mentality when needed,
不得有半分偏差
with great accuracy.
对 刺客 算是我的专长
Yeah. Assassins. It's kind of my specialty.
我知道
I know.
你是业内最合适的绩效教练
No other performance coach in the industry would be a better fit.
而你已经是投资者了
And you're already an investor.
我们需要你
We need you,
而你也想待在这里
and you wanna be here.
我很好奇 你怎么知道我想要什么
I'm curious. Why do you think you know what I want?
这对我自己来说都是个难题
I mean, it's a hard thing to know even about oneself.
我是拣股者 也是直觉很准的商人
I'm a stock picker and an instinct trader.
我没说错吧
Am I wrong?
听着
Look.
我们相信有更好的方法
We believe there's a better way.
生活不必过得像零和博弈
Life doesn't have to be a zero-sum game.
走吧 考虑好
Go. Think.
决定了告诉我
Let me know.
波比·阿克斯罗德
我现在要见你
步行区旁的豪♥宅♥
Brownstone off the promenade.
有时我都忘了你的身份地位 查克
Sometimes I forget which caste you belong to, Chuck.
这倒提醒我了
This is a hell of a reminder.
你♥爸♥在哪里做的内科手术
And where'd your dad practice internal medicine?
在海兰帕克的贫民区吗
The rough side of Highland Park?
我得承认你惊到我了
I have to admit you surprise me,
就算处在你这位置
even for a man in your position.
也没有多少人能施展魔法
There's not many who could cast a spell
让一个联邦法官消失
and make a federal judge disappear.
我在这个位置无人能敌
There are no other men in my position.
我还知道
For I also know
司法委员会提名谁来顶替威尔科克斯
the name being nominated in committee to replace Wilcox.
我就第一个恭喜你吧
And let me be the first to congratulate you.
谢谢
Thank you.
实至名归 你开心吗 你该感到开心
It's as it should be. You happy? You should be happy.
我要是穿上你的富乐绅皮鞋
I'd be laughing like Hank Kingsley
那得笑成汉克·金斯利
if I were in your Florsheims.
"就是现在"
"Hey, now!"
这是菲拉格慕的
Hey, these are Ferragamos.
那我也会笑
I like to laugh, too.
可最近
But lately...
-对啊 最近 -我很担心
- Yes, lately. - And I worry.
你离开了检察长办公室
With you out of the AG's office,
她就更不可能对我要做的工作
she'll be even less likely to look kindly
给出什么好脸色了
on the work I need to do,
尤其是这和...
especially when it diverges from --
别管她和白宫可能有什么突发奇想
Whatever whim she and the White House might have.
我之前在想你时候会出击
I was wondering when the actual tat would come.
还是这就是你的反击
Or is this the tit?
在挑选接替你的人的时候
When it comes to picking your replacement,
我需要特区里有人罩着我
I need someone who'll look out for me in DC.
所以你想选
So you wanna pick?
我认识几个合适的候选人
I know a few likely candidates.
我要你在卸任的时候为接替你的人
I'll need you to foam the runway for that replacement
开个绿灯
on your way out.
这真的还和阿克斯罗德有关吗
Is this really still about Axelrod?
怎么 他就那么膈应你吗
What, he's that much of a burr under your saddle?
这是为了正义
It's about justice.
当然
Of course.
如果如你所说 我已经被提名了
If, as you say, my name's already been put forth,
那你还有什么筹码呢
I'm not sure what leverage you still have.
我想当面告诉你此事
I wanted to tell you this in person
来看看你到底有多想得到它
to see exactly how badly you want it.
要是眼看胜利在望 却在司法委员会耽误了
It would be brutal to have it get this close
那就太糟糕了
only to stall in Judicial Committee.
现在的参议院两极化太严重
The Senate is so polarized these days.
法官的职位会被搁置
Judgeships get held hostage for...
数月 数年
months, years.
你是说你能确保我顺利通过委员会吗
Are you saying you can guarantee I sail through committee?
"确保"是外行政♥治♥家才用的话
"Guarantee" is a word that amateurs use in politics.
但我能让范迪维尔参议员
But I can make it so that Senator Vandeveer
手拉手扶你坐上法官的位置
takes you by the hand and drags you to the bench.
为了达成此事 我要做些不太光彩的事
And what I have to do to get that done will not be pleasant.
会挺令人讨厌的 所以我需要你的保证
It'll be quite odious, so I need your assurance.
我会做的
I'll do it.
但关于阿克斯罗德还有找办法插一脚的事
But about Axelrod and finding a way to leg back in...
让我借用布拉德利将军对巴顿将军说的话
Let -- let me be General Bradley to your Patton
我建议你约束好自己
and advise you to practice restraint.
奥马尔·布拉德利提的时候 是个好建议
Ah. Oh, it was good advice when Omar Bradley gave it.
稳妥
Safe.
他们两个
And one of them died
一个成了备受尊重与敬仰的将军
a well-respected and admired General,
另一个成为了传奇人物
and the other one died a legend.
你提名我选的人作为顶替者
You name my pick for replacement.
我保证你坐稳位子
I'll lock in your appointment.
之后的事情就交给我吧
And then I'll worry about the rest from there.
说实话 公♥司♥里有个米其林星级厨师
I won't lie. Having a Michelin chef in house,
会是一个招聘利器
it would be an excellent recruiting tool.
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
厨房♥条件很不错
Oh. It's a great kitchen.
很喜欢你们的顶级厨具
Love the La Cornue.
但我会想念真实的人们
But I would really miss, you know, real people...
当他们吃到特别好吃的食物就会很高兴
"gastros" who light up when they eat something really special.
你们为一些不在乎午餐吃什么的人
You go private serving guys that might just have
提供专门的饮食
whatever for lunch...
你可以致力于开拓我们的视野
You could lead the effort to expand our horizons.
别让她跑了 拉儿
Don't let her off the hook, Lar.
好的 再聊
I won't. We'll talk soon.
好 谢谢
Yeah, thanks.
你知道吗 当别人问你的想法时
You know, when people ask you what you think,
你不一定要把你的真实想法告诉他们
you don't really have to tell them.
我已经有所保留了
I could've said a lot more.
给他点地方
Give him some fucking space!
等一会
Give me a sec.
出什么问题了吗
Something wrong?
今天过得不顺 出了点事
Bad day. Something happened.
严重吗
Something serious?
我今晚去不了莉莉家了
I can't make it to Lilly's tonight.
真的吗
Really?
发生什么了
What happened?
我严重解读错误了
I blew a read. Badly.
我知道问题不在于数字
And I know the reason wasn't in the numbers.
问题在这儿 我要解决它
It was in here. I'm gonna fix it.
温蒂
Wendy?
我不喜欢这样
I don't like it.
现在和三年前不同了
This isn't three years ago, you know.
她在这场战争中与你立场不同
She's at odds with you, with herself, over this battle.
你不能相信她
剧集 | 亿万 | 导航列表