剧集 | 突然家人 | 导航列表
我留了一笔钱
I set aside a reserve--
不 那笔钱要给律师和公♥关♥
No, that is going to lawyers and PR people.
上周《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的那篇文章
That article that came out last week in The Times
对我们可不友善
didn't do us any favors.
我确定肯定还有别的方法
Well, you know, I'm sure there's still a way--
没有
There's not.
抱歉 我都试过了
I'm sorry. I tried.
听着 我很希望你来参加我的感恩节晚餐
Look, I really want you at my Thanksgiving dinner,
但无论你来不来 我都会如期进行
but whether or not you come, I'm going to do it anyway.
所以
So...
那就这样定了
Well, it's decided, then.
你好好享受
Enjoy.
你好啊 医生
Hello, Doctor.
罗克西
Roxy.
我没想到你会来
I-I wasn't expecting you.
是啊 你肯定想不到
Aw, well, why would you?
我就想着顺道路过
I thought I would just stop by
带着一些礼物来看你
with a little something-something I picked up for you.
没什么大不了
It's not a big deal.
我看到它后 就想到你了 所以
I just saw it, and I thought of you, so...
"你让我快乐得跳脚"
"I get a kick out of you."
对 因为你喜欢足球
Yeah, because you like soccer,
而我喜欢 你不喜欢别人突然造访吗
and I like--are you not a pop-in kind of guy?
如果你不喜欢
Because if you're not,
我也许应该知道
that's probably something I should know.
对 只是我今天看了一天的病人
Right, it's just that I'm a-seeing-patients-all-day kind of guy.
我懂了
I get it.
你很忙 大家都很忙
You're busy. Everybody's busy.
假期要来了
The holidays are coming.
大家都在做计划 假期计划
People are making plans-- holiday plans.
说到假期计划
Speaking of holiday plans,
你感恩节有什么计划吗
do you have any for Thanksgiving?
你要和亲戚一起过吗
Are you spending it with your relatives?
我其实不知道你有没有亲戚
I actually don't even know if you have relatives.
不 我一般假期都工作
No, I-I-I usually work through the holidays.
我替别人上班
I pick up other people's shifts
因为他们想和家人一起过节
since they want to spend time with their families
而我家人在海的另一边 苏丹
and mine are all an ocean away in Sudan.
我的家人也在海的另一边
Huh. Mine are actually an ocean away, too...
在夏威夷
in Hawaii.
这两件事不能相提并论 抱歉
That's not really the same thing. Sorry.
但没关系
But it doesn't really matter,
因为他们现在讨厌我
because they kind of hate me right now.
所以谁在乎他们离得有多远
So who cares how far away they are?
听起来你有点想他们
It kind of sounds like you're missing them.
不不 绝不是
No, no, absolutely not.
但如果今年假期你一个人
But, you know, if you are lonely this holiday,
我知道茱莉亚肯定希望你过去
and I know that Julia would love to have you at our place.
你是在邀请我一起过感恩节吗
Are you inviting me to Thanksgiving?
你愿意接受吗
Are you accepting?
行 我可以去一下
Yeah. Yeah, I think I can stop by.
好 不错
Okay, cool.
那个学生就说 对了他只有14岁
And so the student said, who's 14 years old, by the way,
"你为什么觉得我嗑嗨了"
uh, "What makes you think I'm high?"
我就说 "说不好 有些难以定夺"
And I was like, you know, "I don't know. It's a toss-up.
"要不就是你血红的眼睛
"It's either the bright red color of your eyes
要不就是你衣服上的大♥麻♥叶子出♥卖♥♥♥了你"
or the marijuana leaf emblazoned on your T-shirt."
我喜欢听你说学生的事
I love hearing about your students.
非常有趣 他当然是嗨了
It's so interesting. It's-- Of course he was high. Eh.
但我还是得一吐为快
Um, but I have to get this over with.
你为什么要给我发衰的表情
Why did you send me this emoji of doom?
糟糕 他看起来不开心 对吧
Oh, no, he does not look happy, does he?
或她
Or she.
表情有倾向的人称代词吗
Do emojis have preferred pronouns?
因为我不太会用
Because I'm really not good with them,
而且我真的不知道该说什么
and I really wasn't sure what to say.
当然了 我进展得太快了
Of course you weren't. I-I was moving way too fast.
谈论着未来和孩子
I was talking about the future and having kids,
而我们才刚开始约会
and we only just first started dating.
没关系 你可以问这些问题
It's all right. You can ask about that stuff.
我只是不知道该在短♥信♥里说什么
I just wasn't sure what to say in a text message.
所以我想发一个自以为
So I-I guess I sent what I thought
中立的表情
was a neutral response.
所以你立场中立吗
So you're neutral?
对你不是
Not about you.
不 对你的话 我是
No, about you, I'm like...
但至于未来要孩子的事
But as far as having more kids someday...
不 太过了 我理解
No, I-I--it's a lot. I get that.
我喜欢你 我想多和你在一起
I like you, and I want to spend more time with you,
我也不想让事情变得尴尬
and I don't want to make things awkward.
我感觉也许我已经让事情变尴尬了
I feel like maybe I made it awkward.
有点
A little.
但我们会翻篇的
But, um, we'll get through it.
对吧
Right?
有什么感恩节计划吗
Any Thanksgiving plans?
你瞧 我通过闲聊让咱俩翻篇
See, I'm getting through it with small talk.
其实 我要下厨
Actually, I'm cooking,
看起来很普通 但对我来说
which might seem normal, but for me,
是种全新的体验
it's something very new.
我的孩子要去爷爷奶奶家
My kids are going to their grandparents'
去弗罗里达过假期
in Florida for the long weekend,
所以我什么也不做
so I'm doing nothing.
不不 别这么看着我
No, no, no, don't look at me like that.
这不悲伤
It's not sad.
我可以一个人享有整个房♥子
Okay, I've got the whole house to myself.
有很多作业要批改
I got a ton of grading to catch up on.
好吧 也许这是有点悲伤
Yeah, maybe it is a little sad.
来我家吧 会很有趣的
Come to my house. It'll be fun.
我不想扰乱你的计划
I don't want to step on your plans.
不不 我想让你来
No, no, I want you there.
我要开启一个新传统
I'm starting a new tradition.
我知道没有这回事 因为按照定义
And I know that's not a thing, because by definition,
传统不是新的
a tradition is not something new.
谁告诉你的 当然有这回事
Who told you that? Of course it's a thing.
每个传统都有最开始的时候
Every tradition has to start sometime.
怎么 我说什么俗气的话了吗
What? Did I say something cheesy?
因为你看我的眼神怪怪的
Cause you're looking at me weird.
没有
No.
我只是在想 你和我爸很不一样
I was just thinking about how not my dad you are.
正好 因为我想
Oh, that's good, cause I was thinking
我要这么做
I wanted to do this.
好吧
Okay.
不是我女儿是谁
And of course it's my daughter,
只有她这么会挑时间
cause she knows the exact wrong time.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
嗨 宝贝
Hey, honey.
感恩节我邀请了多诺万 错了吗
好
Okay.
这就是她本人 我姐姐 罗克西·道尔
There she is in person, my sister, Roxy Doyle.
没错 是我
Hell, yeah, it is.
我上传一下 好不好
is it--is it cool if I post that?
当然 我会回关你的
Yeah, of course. I'll follow you back.
难以置信
This is so crazy.
我 关注你很久了
I just--I've been following you for so long,
早在图享之前 短视频平台时期
even before Insta, when Vine was a thing.
知道吗 我坐了两天长途汽车
You know, it took me, like, two days by bus
从芝加哥过来
to get here from Chicago.
你会信吗 我们有血缘关系
Can you believe that we're actually related?
诊所的测试你做过没
Yeah, have you been by the clinic for a test?
我知道茱莉亚希望每个人
Cause I know Julia wants everybody--
对 对 对 茱莉亚是老大
剧集 | 突然家人 | 导航列表