Ultimately maybe it's other
最终别人对我们的影响
people's reactions to us that make us who we are.
让我们成为另外一个人
All right then, Eleanor Roosevelt.
那好吧 埃莉诺·罗斯福
You can't be a dead person. Why the hell not ?
你不能成为死人 为何不能
Because.
因为
What are you doin' sneakin' around my porch ?
你们在我的门廊做什么
We're with the F.B.I. Is this the home of Edward Van Blundht ?
我们是调查局的 这是爱德华范布特家吗
Yeah, that's me. We're looking for your son, Eddie, Junior.
对 是我 我们在找你的儿子 埃迪
Eddie ?
埃迪
What did that moron do now ?
这笨蛋做什么了
Five women ? Oh, Lord!
五个女人 天啊
Anything else ?
还有什么吗
Yes, He attacked a sheriff's deputy...
当然 他袭击了一位副警长
during his escape from custody. Hurt bad ?
在拘留期间 伤得重吗
Fortunately not. Well, thank heavens for that at least.
幸好不重 谢天谢地
Sir, do you have any idea where your son might be ?
先生 知道你儿子现在在哪吗
I wish I did. I'm sorry.
我希望我知道 对不起
I haven't seen him for the last two days.
我两天没见他了
Is this-- Is this you ?
这是你吗
One and the same. Hey, you wanna see ?
一模一样 想看吗
No! No.
不….
No, thank you.
不 谢谢
My son had his removed when he was, uh,
我儿子小时候
just a kid.
尾巴切除了
Kept buggin' me and buggin' me...
他一直求我
until I finally let him do it.
直到我答应他把尾巴切除
There you go.
看
I told him it was a mistake.
我告诉他是错误
I said, "Son, you ain't much to look at.
我说儿子 你的长相不好
"You ain't no athlete...
你不是运动员
"And you sure the hell ain't no Einstein.
你肯定不是爱因斯坦
" But at least you got that tail.
但至少你有尾巴
Otherwise, you're just small potatoes."
而且 你只是小人物
Bother didn't listen.
但他不听
Sir, does your son have any other unique medical conditions ?
先生 你儿子还有什么独特的医学特征吗
I mean, aside from the tail ?
我是说 除了他有尾巴
Mr. Mulder, that boy was born sickly.
穆德先生 那孩子生下来就有病
We used to have this condition down in the south called pellagra.
我们在南方称之为糙皮病
Excuse me, sir, how did you know my name was Mulder ?
对不起 你怎么知道我叫穆德
She told me it was.
她告诉我的
Mmm, no, actually I didn't.
不 我没有
It's him !
是他
pretty spry for an old guy, huh ?
老家伙真敏捷
Eddie, Junior. Not Senior ?
小埃迪 还是老埃迪
Whichever one he is, wouldn't you say he's a man with a secret ?
不管他是谁 这家伙像迷一样
Honey, what are you doing home so early ?
这么早回家干什么
That was Daddy. Something's wrong with Daddy.
那是爸爸 爸爸出事了
Fred?
佛瑞德
Honey ? Fred, is everything okay ?
亲爱的 佛瑞德 还好吗
Everything's fine.
很好
What happened to the clothes you were wearing this morning ?
今早你穿的衣服呢
I-I'll explain later.
我待会跟你说
Just give me a little privacy, okay, uh... Babboo ?
让我一个人呆一下好吗 巴布
Okay,
好
Sugar Patootie.
亲爱的
I'll check upstairs.
我去楼上看看
I'm all right. What ?
我没事 什么
Oh !
噢
It's quicklime. Move back over there.
是生石灰 过那边去
Back.
过去
Not so spry.
这个不敏捷啊
Think the fall killed him ?
他是摔死的吗
Babboo, I'm home.
巴布 我回来了
Oh, crap ! I'm home early.
废话 我下班早了
What ?
什么
You were just here.
你刚才在这
You went into the bathroom. What ?
你在浴室 什么
Honey, what do you mean
我在浴室
I went into the bathroom ? -Shh, come here.
是什么意思 -过来
Someone is in the bathroom.
有人在浴室
It's all clear.
没有人
So, what killed Eddie the Monkey Man ?
埃迪这个猴子是怎么死的
It's difficult to say.
很难说
The quicklime burned the tissue even as it preserved it.
生石灰烧坏了组织 虽然也保护了他
So, what killed him is
是什么致他死
one of two things I haven't figured out yet.
是我不明白的其中一件事
What's the other thing ? That would be this.
另一件是什么 这个
Striated muscle tissue.
横纹肌
What's unusual about that ? In and of it self, nothing.
这有什么异常 没有什么异常
Where I found it, however Where did you find it ?
而是我在哪找到的… 你在哪发现的
Everywhere. His entire body.
到处 他的整个身体
As far as I can tell, this man
我只能说
has a thin stratum of voluntary muscle tissue...
他的肌肉组织很薄
underpinning the entire dermal layer of his skin.
支持他的整个皮下组织
That's not normal.
那不正常
This man's body is quite a scientific specimen.
他的身体就像一个标本
And thankfully, it's preserved and intact.
幸运的是 没有遭到破坏
In other words, there are 654 muscles in the human body,
就是说 人体有654块肌肉
and this man, essentially, has 655.
这个人有655块
Um, could that somehow be related to his, uh, having a tail ?
那和尾巴有什么联♥系♥吗
Possibly. It could be, uh, a lynx gene birth defect.
可能是山猫基因缺陷
What would be the, uh, purpose of this muscle ?
这块肌肉的作用是什么
You got me, Mulder. You know, maybe none.
你问倒我了 穆德 也许没有作用
It appears to be atrophied.
它似乎萎缩了
Although it may look that way as a result of the mummification.
虽然看起来木乃伊化了
Could this be, uh, a "Like father, like son" Kind of thing ?
有这可能是遗传
What do you mean ? Could Eddie, Junior have,
什么意思 可能是小埃迪
the same anomalous muscular structure as his dad here ?
和他父亲一样有不规则肌肉组织吗
Maybe. What are you suggesting ?
也许 你有什么看法
If this musculature underlies the entire skin,
如果这肌肉组织在所有皮肤之下
then maybe it could be
或许可用来
utilized to remold the skin's shape and texture,
改造皮肤的形状和组织
which would go a long way
这就可以解释
to explaining why we're looking for a man...
我们在找的这个人
who can appear to be his own father,
可以变成他的父亲
or anyone else for that matter.
或其他人
Isn't it much more likely
这个人
that this man simply has an identical twin ?
不可能是双胞胎吗
Check that out. Where are you going ?
那就查查究竟 你去哪
Something about Van Blundht's M.O. Confuses me.
范布兰特的动机事令我不解
His victims were four married women who wanted to get pregnant.
他的受害人是四个想怀孕的已婚女人
And one single woman who didn't. Mmhmm.
只有一个是单身妇女
Come in.
进来
Sorry, Ms. Nelligan.
对不起 尼里根小姐
I'm sorry to bother you. - No, it's no bother.
对不起打扰你-不要紧
I just have a few
我有几个问题
additional questions I wanted to ask you. - Okay.
想问你 -好的
Here we go, sweetie. Bye, bye.
来吧 宝贝 再见 再见
We'll just come back later.
我们会回来
You know, I thought they
你知道 我以为
were lettin' me stay in the hospital so long...
她们让我在医院住这么久
because I had really, really great insurance.
是因为我有很大的保险单
Turns out they're just keepin'
结果才知道她们留下我
me here because they think I'm sort of crazy.
是因为看看我是不是疯子
They wanna make sure I'm safe to be around my baby.
他们要确信孩子在我身边会不会安全
Free cable.
可以看免费电视
I want to ask you, do you recognize this man ?
我想问你 你认识这个人吗
Oh, yes. Eew !
当然
That's Eddie Van Blundht.
是埃迪·范布兰特
What can you tell me about him ?
你能告诉我他的事
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表