Elaine Tanner? Yes.
伊莲恩·坦纳吗 是的
I'm Agent Scully. This is Agent Mulder. We're with the FBI.
我是史卡利 这是穆德 联邦调查局的
Oh. What can I do for you? Is your son Albert Tanner?
什么事 你有个叫阿尔伯特的儿子吗
We'd like to ask you some questions.
我们想问你几个问题
Please excuse me for one second. I've got something on the stove.
请稍等 我在煮东西
Scully.
史卡利
Mrs Tanner, is this your son? Yes. That's Albert.
坦纳太太 这是你儿子吗 就是阿尔伯特
We know this man as Leonard Morris Betts.
有个叫莱纳德的人
Are you familiar with that name? No.
你认识吗 不认识
Do you know if your son used any other names?
你知道你儿子用其他的名字吗
Why are you asking me about him?
为什么你要问我关于他的事
Mrs Tanner, are you aware that your son has recently died?
你发现你儿子刚过世了吗
What do you mean, "Recently"?
你什么意思 刚过世
When did your son die?
你儿子什么时候死的
Six years ago. He was killed in an automobile accident.
六年前 死于车祸
Why?
怎么了
Would it be possible to get a copy of the death certificate?
有死亡证明吗
Of course.
当然有
Confused yet?
觉得诡异了吗 是的
Excuse me. I'm... I'm looking for an EMT,...
我在找一个急救医士
..The man driving unit 208.
驾驶208救护车的人
The new guy. 208's over there.
是个新人 在那
He just went off shift, but you might catch him.
他刚下班 你也许可以赶上他
Thanks.
谢谢
Leonard?
莱纳德
Leonard?
莱纳德
Oh, my God. It can't be. How can it be?
天啊 不可能
Leonard, is it you? Hey, Michele.
是你吗 莱纳德 米歇尔
It's OK.
没事的
It's OK.
没事的
I just wish you hadn't found me, that's all.
我只希望你没找到我
What are you talking about?
你说什么
Leonard?
莱纳德
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm sorry.
对不起
Hey! You there!
嗨 你在干什么
Hold it!
别跑
Come back here!
快回来
Stop where you are!
站这别动
Stay there, you son of a bitch.
呆在这 混♥蛋♥
Ronnie?
罗尼
Oh, pick up, man. Go ahead.
快接对讲机 说吧
We got a situation in the parking lot.
停车场有情况
This guy just attacked some woman.
这家伙袭击了一位妇女
She's up at the ambulance parking area.
她在急救车停车区
I'm gonna check on that guy.
我去看一下那家伙
Siskel or Ebert?
希斯科尔还是埃伯特
What's the story? Michele Wilkes was murdered.
怎么回事 米歇尔被谋杀了
We wouldn't know that if the security guard hadn't witnessed it.
如果警卫没有看到的话 我们就无从得知
I found an auto injector in the grass.
我在草丛中发现了注射器
She was given a lethal dose of potassium chloride.
她被注射了一针致死的氯化钾 是电解质
It's an electrolyte found naturally in the body.
普遍存在于身体
A coroner doesn't check for it.
法医一般不会注意
Betts was here. She discovered that,
莱纳德在这 一定她发现了莱纳德
then he killed her to protect his secret.
他得杀了她来保护自己的秘密
The security guard did ID him as her attacker.
保安确定是他袭击了她
He worked as an EMT,
他是急救人员
but his co-workers said his name was Truelove.
但同事叫他真爱
Do you know how this man escaped? He tore off his thumb,...
知道这人怎么逃的吗 他把姆指掰断
..Because he knew he could regrow another one.
因为他能再长一只
It just doesn't work that way.
穆德 那是不可能的
But is Betts's ability
很难想像吗
to regenerate any greater a leap forward...
莱纳德能再生
..Than our ancestors' ability to communicate with language?
我们的祖先只会交流和直立行走
But language, evolution... It's a process of steps, not leaps.
但进化是需要过程的 而不是跳跃
Recent evolutionary theory would disagree.
进化理论已经很多不同意见
What scientists call punctual equilibrium...
科学家把这叫做守时或准时平衡
..Theorizes that evolutionary
该理论认为进化是催化的
advances are cataclysmic, not gradual.
而不是渐进的
That evolution occurs not along a
进化不是沿着一条直线
straight graphable line but in huge fits and starts,...
而是这个断断续续的过程
..And the unimaginable happens in the gaps.
发生了难以想象的区别
The gap between what we are and what Betts has become.
这就是我们和莱纳德的区别
What you're describing is someone so evolved...
但像你描述得这么匪夷所思
..That you wouldn't even call him human.
这样的根本不是人
On the other hand, how
那好
evolved can a man be who drives a Dodge Dart?
那能开道奇达特的是什么东西
Oh, my God. "Myeloid sarcoma - epithelial carcinoma."
天啊 髓系肉瘤 上皮癌
These are all cancerous tumours.
这些是癌症肿瘤
This is surgical waste, tagged for disposal.
应该被处理掉的
What do you think he wanted with them?
他用来干什么
You may not want to know.
你一定不想听
There's a possibility that Leonard Betts not only is cancer...
莱纳德可能不止是癌症
But that he needs it for survival?
他需要这来活命
So this is... Snack food.
你说的是 食物
Wouldn't it make sense that natural selection...
我知道不可思议 这是进化或者自然选择
..Would incorporate cancer, the greatest health threat,
把癌症 心脏病作为
as part of our genetic make-up?
基因组成的一部分
Why do I think Charles Darwin is rolling in his grave?
我想的是达尔文从坟墓里出来了
Ask yourself: why is Leonard Betts an EMT?
想想看 为什么莱纳德当救护员
Why does he regularly visit cancer wards?
为什么他经常去癌症病房♥
Access.
是去获取
The car's registered to one Elaine Tanner, 3108 Old Bank Road.
车是伊莲恩·坦纳 老河岸路3108号♥
Betts's mom.
莱纳德的妈妈
Do you think Mom knows her dead son is tooling around in her car?
他妈妈会知道 她死去的儿子在用她的车吗
Elaine Tanner? We have a warrant to search the premises.
伊莲恩·坦纳 我们有搜查令
Mrs Tanner, we know your son
坦纳太太 我们知道你的孩子还活着
is alive and that you're in contact with him.
你们还有联♥系♥
You need to tell us where we can find him.
告诉我们在哪能找他
Last night he murdered a woman in cold blood.
昨晚他残忍♥的杀了个女人
By lying to protect him,
如果你想保护他
you are considered an accessory to murder.
你就成了从犯
Can you tell me what you use this for? It's a pretty big bottle.
这么大的瓶子用来干什么
You get a lot of cuts?
你受了很多伤啊
When my son was eight years old,...
我孩子8岁的时候
..There were two boys who picked on him because he was different.
有两个孩子踢他 因为他与众不同
He just ignored them. He knew he was better than they were.
他不理他们 他知道比他们棒
One day they cornered him walking home. Beat him up.
有一天 他回家时被打了
He didn't even try to fight back.
他没有还击
Just lay there, taking the blows.
就躺在那儿被打
So I don't believe you when you tell me he killed anyone.
所以我不相信他会杀人
But, if he did, he had his reasons.
如果这么做 一定有他的原因
What reasons, Mrs Tanner? God put him here for a purpose.
什么原因 上帝派他来这里是有原因的
God means for him to stay, even if people don't understand.
上帝让他活着 别人是不能理解的
And that's all I've got to say.
我只能说这么多
Excuse me.
对不起
I'm sorry, but you've got something I need.
你有我要的东西
Scully?
不好意思 史卡利
Find something? No sign. Not even a stray sock. Just this.
找到什么 没有 只有这个
A receipt for a storage locker.
是一个储物柜的收据
A key on his key ring has "112" On it.
钥匙号♥码是112
Let's check it out.
查一下
Scully.
史卡利
Mr John Gillnitz. Death from massive blood loss... ..Due to what I can only
约翰·杰林尼特茨死于流血过多
describe as a skillful removal of his left lung.
他的左肺被熟练地切除
It's Betts. Doing what?
是莱纳德 为什么
This man's medical records will show he had lung cancer.
史卡利 看他的病例他得了肺癌
And Betts was in need of what he had.
这正是莱纳德所需
How would he have known that?
他怎么知道的
He had an ability to diagnose cancer.
他的搭档告诉我 他有诊断癌症的超常能力
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表