the disposition of Leonard Betts's remains.
莱纳德的遗体的
He didn't have any family.
我告诉你
No friends either, as far as I could tell.
他没有家人 没有朋友
Except you. I liked him.
除了你 我喜欢他
But I wasn't really his friend.
但不是他朋友
He didn't let people get that close.
他不让人靠近
I'm not sure I could call myself his partner.
我不确定我们是不是搭档
Mostly I stayed out of his way.
总是他一个人自己做
What do you mean? He was an amazing medical technician.
什么意思 他的技术很好
He could diagnose illness better than any doctor I've ever seen.
他比我见过的医生的诊断能力都强
You know how they say some people
你知道有些人能看着人
can just look at you and tell you what's wrong?
就说出他生了什么病
Leonard could do that. Especially with cancer.
莱纳德办得到 特别是对癌症
He should have been an oncologist.
我说他是个肿瘤专家
He used to volunteer weekends at the cancer ward.
他经常自愿去癌症病房♥
Read to patients, stuff like that.
为病人读报
Did you ever notice anything about him? Anything odd?
注意到他有什么异常吗
No. Well, he never got sick.
没有 他从没病过
That was pretty amazing, doing what we do.
这真是奇怪
He was the picture of health. Was he ever injured on the job?
他很健康 他受过公伤吗
No. Never.
没有
I mean, until...
直到
Oh, yeah.
知道
I'm sorry.
对不起
I don't know what all this has to do with someone stealing Leonard's body.
这和莱纳德尸体被盗有什么关系
It almost sounds like you're investigating Leonard.
你好像在调查莱纳德
No, no... Thanks for bearing
没有 谢谢你回答我的问题
with my questions. I appreciate your time.
打扰了
This is biopolymerisation, a high-tech mummification process.
这过程叫做生物聚合 也就是高科技木乃伊化
The remains are dipped in the epoxy.
遗体浸在环氧树脂里
Once it's cured, the specimen can be sliced for examination.
可以用来进行切片检查
Or you got yourself a nice paperweight.
或者你可以用来压纸
At any rate, we should have some autopsy answers for you soon.
至少 做手术后就能给你些答案了
I'm starting with an anterior slice from your Mr Betts,...
我开始为莱纳德做切片手术
..One favouring the frontal lobe.
一个有效的额叶
Well, this is certainly strange. What?
很奇怪 什么
There's something wrong with the image?
这图像有问题吗
In a manner of speaking.
怎么说呢
Here, see for yourself.
自己看
Oh, my God. His entire brain looks like one giant glioma.
天啊 他的头像个巨脑胶质瘤
He had cancer? He was riddled with it.
他有癌症吗 全是癌细胞
Every cell in the sample.
每个细胞都癌变了
Every cell in his entire head and in his brain...
这个脑袋全是癌细胞
..Was all cancerous. It's completely pervasive.
已经扩散了
Could you live in this condition? Live?
这种状况能活吗 想活
This man would have been long dead before reaching such an extreme metastatic stage.
这种状态之前就该死了
How do you explain it?
那该怎么解释
Maybe the polymerisation process distorted the sample somehow.
也许是处理过程出错吧
Maybe we're not really seeing what we think we're seeing.
可能不是我们看到的这样
Maybe we're just seeing it clearly for the first time.
也许和我们第一次看到一样
What are you suggesting? Let's get a slice to go.
你想说什么 不管什么切片了
Monongahela, 136, en route with a male not responding to CPR.
136号♥运送一位男性做了心肺复苏也没反应
Please advise.
请给些建议
Dispatch, somebody pick up, please.
调度 请派人来救助
Allegheny Catholic, 208.
阿勒格尼 208号♥
I know you're up to your ass in alligators...
我知道你火烧眉毛
Michele?
米歇尔
Leonard?
莱纳德
Let's go here.
我们走
Michele! Come on!
米歇尔
It seems to be working. Good call, 208.
好像很有用 谢谢208
Thanks for the tip. Glad I could help.
谢谢你的建议 很高兴我能帮忙
Oh, wow. I've never worked with a sample of human tissue before.
我从来没见过这样的人的组织
What exactly were you looking to find?
你们想找什么
I'll tell you if we find it. Excellent.
如果我们知道会告诉你的 太好了
Are you ever asked to
你被要求为这种合理的科学
defend this as a legitimate scientific process?
程序做过辩护吗 博士
Only if you're not happy with the results.
除非你对结果不满意
Chuck did pioneering work in Kirlian photography in the US.
切克在克里安照相术方面是楚翘
Although I prefer the umbrella term "Aura photography".
我更喜欢灵气摄影这个术语
By applying high-frequency electricity,...
我来用一下高平电流
..I am able to photograph an organism's coronal discharge.
可以拍到器官的电晕放电
Coronal discharge? Coronal discharge. Life force.
电晕放电 电晕放电 这是生命的力量
"Chi" Is an accepted fact in most Eastern cultures.
这就是中国人叫的气 这是东方文化里的事实
And the theoretical basis of holistic medicine, of acupuncture.
那理论是有传统医学基础的 例如针灸
What is its application here?
但和这里要做的有什么联♥系♥
It may account for the fogging
也许就是你给莱纳德的头
of your PET scan of Leonard Betts's head.
进行正子扫描遇到的问题
You know, with this equipment,
有了这个仪器
I have been able to capture phantom images...
我们就能通过半片叶子
..Of whole leaves that were cut in half,...
获取整片叶子的幻像图像
..Or the vestigial image of a lizard's tail long after it's been cutoff.
或者通过一条被砍掉很久的尾巴得到猎豹形象
Which, you have to admit, is pretty cool.
真叫绝啊
It looks like we got somethin' here.
好像有发现
Oh, yeah.
好极了
Now, I don't know exactly what you're looking for, but...
我不知道你们要找什么
Oh, yeah. There's definitely some kind of energy happenin' here.
这里好像真的有能量
Chuck, would you believe
切克
that this man's head had been decapitated?
你相信这个人身首异处吗
Oh, come on. No way. Way.
不可能 就是这样
Are we happy with the results?
我们都满意这个结果吗
Those sure as hell looked like shoulders to me.
我不知道 史卡利 看起来像肩膀
I don't even know how to explain that photo,
我也不知道怎么解释
or even what it proves.
甚至不知道能证明什么
What if it proves that Betts is alive?
万一证明莱纳德还活着
Mulder! You said he was riddled with cancer.
穆德 你说过莱纳德的组织里有癌细胞
What is cancer but normal
是什么癌症
cells growing rapidly out of control,...
让癌细胞快速增长
..Usually caused by damage to their DNA.
是因为DNA受到伤害吗
Where is this going? Let me tell you.
不知道你哪来的念头
What if the cancer was not caused by damaged DNA?
万一不是由于DNA被破坏而引起的癌症呢
If the cancer was not a destructive factor,
癌症不是致死的原因
but was rather the normal state of being?
而是不正常的原因
Even if that were possible, he's been decapitated.
即使他已经掉了头
What if this man's life force,
万一他还有气
his chi, whatever you want to call it,...
不管你叫什么 保留着自己的形态
..Somehow retained a blueprint of the man himself,...
让他快速生长的不是癌症
..Guiding rapid growth not as cancer but as regeneration?
而是再生
You think Leonard Betts regrew his head?
你说莱纳德重新长出头来
The fluid that I found in Betts's bathtub was povidone-iodine.
我在莱纳德房♥间的浴缸找到很多聚维酮碘
It's often used by lab researchers on reptiles to aid regeneration.
研究人员用来帮助爬行动物和两栖动物再生的
We both know that salamanders have grown entirely new limbs.
我们知道蝾螈会再生四肢
Salamanders are one thing, but
蝾螈那是另一回事
no mammal possesses that kind of regenerative power.
但哺乳动物没有这个能力
There is no creature that can regrow its head.
这个地球上没有一个行走动物能再生一个头来
Worms. You cut a worm in half, you get two.
蠕虫 切成两段 变成两条
Mulder, they're worms.
穆德 那是蠕虫
I'm just saying it's not unheard of.
我只是想说并不是没有
Well, someone is going
有没有
to great lengths to dispose of the evidence.
都要有大量的证据
Maybe Betts is trying to protect his secret.
也许莱纳德想保护自己的秘密
Scully.
史卡利
Great. Thanks.
好的 谢谢
Leonard Betts did have secrets.
看来莱纳德有些秘密
One of them being that he had an alter ego named Albert Tanner.
他有了另外一个身份 阿尔伯特·坦纳
Who?
谁
I had Danny run the fingerprints.
我叫丹尼查了指纹
Two names came up: the second was Albert Tanner.
上面有两个名字相符 第二个是阿尔伯特坦纳
Albert Tanner has a relative, Elaine Tanner, his mother,...
但不太像莱纳德 阿尔伯特有个活着的亲人
..Who just happens to live here in Pittsburgh.
他母亲 伊莲恩 就住在匹兹堡
剧集 | X档案(1993) | 导航列表