剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
Good. I mean, when you said you wanted an off-the-books meeting,
我就整装待发准备去和,该死的保罗马科思打一架,幸好不用了
I was gearing up to fight fucking Paul Marks. Jesus Christ.
- 不是因为那个 - 好的
- It's not about that. - Okay.
好
Okay.
是这样,最近我发现了一件事
So recently, I discovered something.
很严重,我不知道这事是不是真的,但如果我去调查...
It's big. I don't know if it's real, but if I chase it...
会怎样?
But?
可能牵连你身边的人,好吧
It could implicate someone close to you. Okay.
但如果我不去调查,被人发现我知情的话...
And if I don't look into it, and people find out that I knew...
- 是 - 我的事业就毁于一旦了
- Yeah. - ...it would ruin my career.
在我完全投身商界前
You know, back before I went all corporate,
我报道过克♥林♥顿♥弹劾案
I covered the Clinton impeachment.
我的大学室友是肯斯塔尔手下的,首席检察官之一
And my college roommate was one of Ken Starr's top prosecutors.
有天晚上喝酒的时候,她随口跟我说了些话
And she said something to me one night over drinks, offhand.
然后...
And...
然后,你...
And you...
我调查了一下,然后报道了出去
I ran it down and reported it.
后来她指责我背叛了她,这也是事实
Afterwards she accused me of betraying her, which, well, I had.
因为这就是我们作为记者应该做的
Because that's what we do as journalists.
我们破坏了一种道德准则以维护另一种
We shatter one moral code to uphold the other.
我只是...
I just...
我不确定自己能做到
I'm not sure I can do that.
听着,若你牵涉太深
Look, if you're too close,
若你想把这事交给,和当事人毫无私交的人去调查...
if you wanna pass it off to someone who does not have a personal connection--
不用...谢谢
No, no. Thank you.
- 我会处理 - 好
- I'll handle it. - All right.
先查清楚这事是否属实,好吗?
Well, let's find out if it's even real, okay?
然后我们再做打算
And then we will go from there.
好
Okay.
- 好,你能行 - 谢谢
- Yeah, you got this. - Thank you.
该死
Fuck.
好的
All right.
- 厄尔,跟我说吧 - 还没查出是谁
- Earl, hit me. - No names yet.
内♥幕♥交易法真是个贱♥人♥,真希望我也能加入
Insider trading laws are a bitch. Wish I could get in the mix.
到了周五,这些神秘买♥♥家们会大赚一笔
Come Friday, these mystery buyers, they're gonna rake it in.
是“买♥♥家”,我高盛的朋友告诉我,全都是一家有限责任公♥司♥策划的
Buyer. My guy at Goldman told me that one LLC is behind it all.
只有一个买♥♥家啊?
A single player, huh?
看来有人贪得无厌得很
Well, someone is getting very, very greedy.
我会继续调查是谁
I'll keep chasing the name.
好,你去查
Yeah, you do that.
- 凯尔,保罗还在楼里吗?- 他一直在和会计师及律师开会
- Kyle, is Paul still in the building? - He's in back-to-backs with BA and Legal.
要我去找他来吗?
Want me to try to get him?
不用,我去找他
No, I'll find him.
- 我期待听到这个消息 - 太好了
- I look forward to hearing about that. - Great.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
嘿,看看是谁来了
Hey, there he is.
科里
Cory.
保罗,嘿,你看到那天拍摄的校样了吗?
Paul. Hey, you see the proofs for the thing the other day?
- 他们刚送来 - 没看到
- They just sent them over. - I did not.
你觉得呢?看起来如何?
What do you think? How do we look?
是,就像我们是这个行业的巨头
Oh, yeah. Like the titans of industry that we are.
说起那天的事
Well, about the other day.
不管我说了什么,我道歉,正好赶上我心情不好
Whatever I said, I apologize. Just one of those days.
嘿,是因为私人实体跟你扮穷
Hey, it's the private playing poor, you know?
还觉得自己是在帮你,嘿,既然你在,我想快速问你个事
They think they're doing you a favor. Hey, real quick, while I got you.
今天有一些大规模买♥♥入UBA股票的交易
There's been some sizable UBA stock purchases today.
而且我听小道消息说,这些交易背后都有一家有限责任公♥司♥
And I heard through the grapevine, that there's one LLC behind them all.
不会是你的某个朋友,想趁时机好时进来捞一笔吧?
You don't have a buddy trying to get in while the getting's good, do you?
- 不是,我认识的人里没有 - 好吧
- No, nobody I know of. - Right.
也无关紧要了吧,眼下也只是走形式而已
I mean, doesn't really matter, right? It's a formality at this point.
- 我们已经拿到董事会投票了 - 没错
- We already have the votes. - Exactly.
还剩四天
T-minus four days.
敲敲门
Knock, knock.
现在才早上10点半,你在跟踪我?
It's 10:30 in the morning. You stalking me?
- 今天不是我们的纪念日吧?该死 - 不...下周才是,你没事
- It's not our anniversary, is it? Shit. - Oh, no. That's next week. You're good.
宝贝
Baby.
我的老公突然带着鲜花来看我
My husband, dropping by spontaneously with flowers.
奈玛又干了什么坏事?
What Naima do?
- 我可不会再买♥♥一只仓鼠了 - 没出什么事
- I'm not buying another hamster. - There's nothing wrong.
- 别骗我 - 真...没出事
- Don't play with me. - Noth-- Nothing's wrong.
好吧
Okay.
你最喜欢的体育频道打来了电♥话♥
I got a call from your favorite sports network.
他们想安排时间和你见个面,他们非常希望你能加盟
They wanna set a meeting. And they got it bad for you too.
坦白说,我都有点嫉妒了
Frankly, I'm a little jealous.
- 他们看到我在社交媒体上发的帖子了?- 当然
- Have they seen my social media? - Of course.
他们非常喜欢你的影响力、你的激♥情♥
They love your voice, your passion.
或者他们只是想雇个我这样的人
Or they wanna hire someone like me
这样可以显得他们在做出改变,而实际上却一成不变
so they can appear to be making a change without actually doing anything.
听着,如果你想追踪报道硬新闻,我们可以和他们谈
Look, if you want to chase hard news, we can negotiate that.
又要做体育新闻了?
Sports again?
我提到你想做布兰妮格里纳的特别节目
I mentioned that you want to do the Brittney Griner special.
他们完全支持,那么,你怎么想?
They're all in. So what do you think?
你想引起轰动吗?
You wanna mix shit up?
你不需要保罗马科思
You don't need Paul Marks.
你现在忙吗?
Am I interrupting?
- 麦琪 - 好久不见
- Maggie. - Long time.
什么风...把你吹来了?
What-- What brings you here?
我刚在跟莱纳德谈收♥购♥的事
I was just talking to Leonard about the acquisition.
我在为《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》写文章
I'm doing a piece for The Times.
好...好吧,很遗憾...我没有什么要补充的
Right. Right. Okay. Well, I sadly-- I don't have anything to add to that.
我保证不会录音,我能进来吗?
I promise my tape recorder is off. Can I come in?
天啊
Wow.
看来你混得不错
You've done well for yourself.
先出了一本畅销书,然后又做了一档,深受美国人喜爱的热播节目
I mean, first, a best-selling book, then a hit show beloved by America.
简直是风生水起
You're thriving.
你也知道,这几年我忙得不可开交
Well, you know, it's been a busy few years.
还真是轻描淡写啊,我能坐吗?
That is an understatement. Can I?
- 当然 - 我不会待太久
- Of course. - I won't stay long.
- 好吧 - 我只是想跟你问个好
- Okay. - I just wanted to say hi.
好吧
All right.
我知道我们之前的关系不太好
I know we didn't leave things on the best of terms,
但我如今已经不再做令人不耻的行当
but I'm out of the shame business.
我只是想说,你的所作所为
I just wanted to say that the things you've done,
你所做出以及经历的改变
the changes you've made and undergone,
非常了不起
have been impressive to watch.
抱歉,我只是...没想到你会这么说
I'm sorry. I just-- That's not what I was expecting.
我明白,真的,我会毫不犹豫地承认,如果这是一年前
I get it. I do. And I'll be the first to admit that if this was a year ago,
我可能会站在这里,问你与即将收♥购♥这家公♥司♥的
I probably would be standing here asking you about your relationship
航♥空♥航♥天♥领域的亿万富翁是什么关系
with the aerospace billionaire about to buy this company.
但现在,我更感兴趣的是这笔交易本身
But I'm more interested in the deal itself
以及它对广播电视未来的预示
and what it portends for the future of broadcast television.
我很感激你向我伸出了橄榄枝,真的
Well, I appreciate the olive branch. I really do.
我能问你...显然是私底下问...
Can I just ask-- and this is obviously off the record--
- 问吧 - 你有什么打算?
- Okay. - What's your plan?
交易完成后,你会继续在科里手下工作吗?
I mean, after this deal goes through, do you keep working here under Cory?
是,我想我还在...考虑
Yeah, well, I guess I'm still f-- you know, figuring that out.
我信,而且我肯定这里的每个人,都松了一口气,不会丢掉饭碗了
I'm sure. And I'm sure everyone here is relieved to be able to fight another day.
是的,关于这个,我能私下问你一个问题吗?
Yeah. About that, can I ask you a question off the record?
当然可以
Of course.
这个行业经历了翻天覆地的变革
With so much changing in the industry--
一旦这笔交易完成
I mean, once this deal goes through,
你认为UBA长♥期♥存活下去的机会有多大?
what do you think UBA's chances of survival are, long-term?
任何一家传统媒体公♥司♥,存活的机会有多大呢?
What are the chances of any of these legacy media companies surviving?
我不知道你听说了多少,但是,国家宽带网已经面临裁员危机
I don't know how much you've heard, but NBN is already facing cuts.
要裁掉10%的员工,这可不是一个小数目
Ten percent of the staff. That's not a drop in the bucket.
那么,回答你的问题
So, to answer your question,
保罗马科思收♥购♥UBA,也许能让这家公♥司♥,再维持三年,也许五年
Paul Marks buying out UBA may keep the doors open for three, maybe five years,
但我猜,最终三巨头UBA、NBN、CBA
but my guess is eventually the big three, UBA, NBN, CBA,
他们会互相蚕食,然后消亡
they cannibalize each other and die off.
无论如何,我认为只要你还有机会,就能在这里大展宏图
Regardless, I think you will do great things here while you can.
我是说真的
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表