剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
最好别聊太久
This better not take long.
宝贝 我跟她谈吧
I'll take care of her, baby.
- 艾丽克丝 - 嗨
- Alex. - Hi.
抱歉我不请自来
I'm sorry to drop by unannounced.
其实我刚试着联♥系♥你来着
I actually did try to announce,
但你不接手♥机♥ 也不回短♥信♥
but you weren't picking up your phone or answering your texts.
- 没关系 进来吧 - 太好了
- It's fine. Come in. - Great.
嘿 马库斯
Hey, Marcus.
嘿 艾丽克丝 很高兴见到你
Hey, Alex. Good to see you.
马沙拉酒酱小牛肉 太好吃了
Veal marsala, amazing.
我很同情小牛
I do feel bad for the baby cows,
它们短暂的一生都被关在笼子里
spending their all-too-short lives caged up,
浑然不觉即将进入可怕的炼狱
never knowing the hellscape that awaits them.
这真的很让人揪心
It tugs at the heartstrings, really,
但在这里 马沙拉酒酱小牛肉 考验着我同情心的限度
but here, the veal marsala, it tests the limits of my sympathy.
科里 废话少说 你为何叫我来这么远的上城区?
Let's cut the shit, Cory. Why am I so far uptown?
莱纳德 你要知道在上东区以外 有另一个世界
Leonard, you know there's a world beyond the Upper East Side.
对 所以我住在上东区
Yes, which is why I live on the Upper East Side.
我们需要一点隐私
We needed a little privacy,
远离偷♥窥♥的目光和记者们的 即时评论
away from prying eyes and the hot takes of reporters.
所以 董事会对保罗的报价有什么想法?
So, what's the board thinking about Paul's offer,
在西比尔的电邮外流之后?
now that Cybil's email has been leaked?
我们高兴坏了
We're over the moon.
种族丑闻对做生意最有帮助了
I mean, racial scandals. Great for business.
我懂你的意思
Point taken.
咱们就开门见山吧
Let's dispense with pleasantries.
当初我反对你担任首席执行官
I opposed your appointment as CEO.
从那以后你打了几场胜仗
Since then, you've had some wins.
但你成功是依仗混乱 我与UBA并非如此
But you thrive on chaos, and I don't and neither does UBA.
话虽如此 我当然愿意
With that said, of course, I would support Mussolini
支持墨索里尼 若他能替我与保罗马科思谈成协议
if he brought me a deal from Paul Marks.
莱纳德 我从没想过你是法♥西♥斯♥主义者
Never took you for a fascist, Leonard.
但你还没赢得投票
But you don't have the votes yet.
我不能公开支持你
I can't publicly support you.
你当真认为西比尔 是董事会的最佳人选吗?
Do you really think Cybil is the best the board can do?
不回答就是我要的回答
Well, that non-answer is all the answer I need.
若西比尔走人 就得有人顶替她
And if Cybil is gone, someone will have to take over.
自然憎恶真空
Nature abhors a vacuum.
科里 我参与过很多董事会
I've sat on a lot of boards, Cory.
若你带给我的麻烦不少于给西比尔的
And if the headache you'd give me is half the aneurysm you've given Cybil,
我就没兴趣
then I'm not interested.
你知道我父亲是垃圾工吗?
Did you know my father was a binman?
抱歉 垃圾工?
I'm sorry, a binman?
随便你们美国人怎么叫 清洁工、收垃圾的
Whatever you call them here. Sanitary worker, rubbish collector.
我看着他把全部成年人生
I watched him spend his entire adult existence waist-deep
都花在别人制♥造♥的肮脏秽物中
in the putrid detritus of other people's lives,
而且他毫无怨言 好让我以后不会成为垃圾工
and he did it without complaint so that I wouldn't have to be a binman.
我从来没当过垃圾工 现在也不打算当
I have never been a binman. I won't start now.
因此 科里 要么你自己收拾好烂摊子
So, Cory, either you clean up your own mess,
要么就给我滚远点 别碍事
or you get the fuck out of the way.
- 再喝一轮吗?好 - 当然
- Another round? Yeah! - Hell yeah.
你的胸部好闪
Your chest is blowing up.
什么?
What?
你的内衣啦 有人打给你的内衣
Your bra. Someone's calling your bra.
- 一定是克里斯 - 叫她给我赶快过来
- I bet it's Chris. - Tell her to get her ass down here.
- 一定是克里斯 - 叫她给我赶快过来
是布莱德莉
It's Bradley.
布莱德莉手♥机♥来电
It's Bradley.
布莱德莉手♥机♥来电
Does she want her white guilt assuaged?
她想减轻白人罪恶感吗?
Does she want her white guilt assuaged?
我知道她是一片好意 但在杨科的家谱演讲之后
I know she means well, but after Yanko's genealogy lesson,
我无法再跟这个主播 合作另一个课后特别节目
I can't do another after-school special with the talent.
抱歉 布莱德莉杰克森
Sorry, Bradley Jackson.
杨科
Oh, Yanko.
记得他当街揍那个家伙吗?
Remember when he punched that guy in the street?
对 我记得
Yes, I do.
好 我知道这话我不能说 因为“有害的男子气概”
Okay, I know I'm not allowed to say it because of toxic masculinity,
但他的行为很性感
but that was hot.
有点性感
It was kinda hot.
杨科是问题人物
Yanko can be problematic
- 也很性感 - 也很性感
- and also hot. - And also hot.
- 我们大声说出来了?- 不好
- Did we say that out loud? - Oh, no.
我的手♥机♥在监听吗?
Is my phone listening?
我再点几杯酒
I'm getting more drinks.
嗨 能不能...对 谢谢
Hi, can I-- Yeah, thanks.
嘿
Hey.
等等 那是...凯尔吗?
Wait, is that-- is that Kyle?
天啊 没错
Oh, God, it is.
我要去跟他聊聊 看科里在搞什么鬼
I'm gonna go talk to him and find out what Cory's up to.
- 不 你不能... - 我去了
- No! You can't-- - Yes.
- 凯尔?天啊 - 斯黛拉
- Kyle? Oh, my God. - Stella?
- 来吧 抱一个 - 嗨...
- Come on. Bring it in. - Hi. Hi.
- 嗨 - 你好吗?
- Hi. - What's up?
- 太巧了 - 是啊
- This is crazy. - Yeah.
科里正在跟董事会开会
Cory's meeting with the board right now.
他根本不在乎改革UBA
He doesn't give a shit about reforming UBA.
他正在与西比尔开战 而我们...只是棋子
He's at war with Cybil, and we-- We're just pawns.
- 怎么了?- 我才是棋子 你也在下棋
- What? - I am a pawn. You're in the game.
什么?这是什么意思?
What? What is that supposed to mean?
西比尔跟你是好朋友 对吧?
Cybil is your girl, right?
还是说 我也不知道
Or, I don't know...
等等 什么?
Wait, what?
你认为我在保护她 我是...这件事的共犯?
You think that I'm protecting her, that I'm-- that I'm complicit in this?
斯黛拉 我很困惑 你为何站在她那边?
Stella, I'm confused, why are you taking her side?
你似乎总是站在权力那边
It's like you're attaching yourself to power wherever it is.
我不是这种人
That's not my style.
西比尔或许有争议
Cybil may have issues,
但至少她没有像科里那样 要把我们卖♥♥给保罗马科思
but at least she's not trying to sell us to Paul Marks like Cory is.
保罗或许是另一个独♥裁♥者 但至少他会给员工开工资
Well, Paul may be another overlord, but at least he's writing checks.
你不厌倦那些整天哭穷的高管吗?
Aren't you tired of everybody in the C-suite crying poor?
你什么意思?
What?
你隐瞒了我什么?
What aren't you saying?
保罗跟我以前是同事
Paul and I, we used to work together.
我们有过一段情 但结果不怎么好
We have a history, and it's not a good one.
- 他做了什么事... - 不是 不是那样的
- Did he do something-- - No, no, it's nothing like that.
他太聪明了
He's too smart.
若要用一个词形容保罗
If there's one thing about Paul...
他很无情
he's ruthless.
- 你告诉科里了吗?- 他不在乎
- Did you tell Cory? - He doesn't care.
而且那栋楼里你能信任谁?
And who can you trust in that building?
UBA贩卖♥♥信任的唯一方式
The only way UBA can sell trust
就是在广♥告♥牌上把这个词全部大写 然后放在艾丽克丝利维的脸下面
is by putting it in all caps under Alex Levy's face on a billboard.
你来了
You came.
我好像错过了有趣的一夜
Looks like I missed a fun night.
- 嘿 - 嘿 克里斯 你还好吗?
- Hey. - Hey, Chris, how are you holding up?
对 我看起来像是 参与了证人保护计划 所以...
Yeah, I look like I'm in the witness protection program, so...
你们要去一个安静的地方吗?
Do you want to duck into someplace quiet?
- 附近有一间... - 我受够安静了
- I mean, there's a-- - I'm done with quiet.
我要在《The Morning Show》上 访问西比尔
I want to interview Cybil on TMS.
- 真的吗?- 艾丽克丝跟我谈了这件事
- Really? - Alex and I talked about it,
应该由我访问
and it should be me.
好的
Okay.
- 你必须非常确定才能这样做 - 对
- Only do this if you are sure. - Yeah.
你不必证明任何事
You don't have anything to prove here.
我知道
I know.
相信我 我最不想跟西比尔说话 但我会访问她
And trust me, the last thing I wanna do is talk to Cybil, but I'm gonna do it.
嘿 想象一下收视率会有多高
Hey, imagine the ratings.
收视率 对
The ratings, yes.
千万不行 她想都别想
Absolutely not. She's not doing it.
《走近艾丽克丝》是一回事 但没人想看
Alex Unfiltered is one thing, but nobody is tuning into
奥巴马“啤酒高峰会”版本的 《The Morning Show》
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表