剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
Well, what if you interviewed me on Alex Unfiltered?
天啊 为什么?
Wow. Why?
我想替自己发声
I would like to speak on my own behalf.
我只是觉得你现在上电视并非明智之举
I just don't think that going on television right now is the thing to do.
你是说我需要媒体培训吗?
Are you telling me I need media training
我可是在我祖父创办的电视网工作了45年
after 45 years at the network my grandfather founded?
我从没这样说 我的意思是 这事要比谈论UBA的股价
I never said that. I'm just saying this is a lot trickier
棘手得多
than talking about UBA's stock price.
我们聘用克里斯时 我很兴奋
I was thrilled when we hired Chris.
对 当时她没有上电视的经验 但聘用她是正确的事
Yes, she was inexperienced, but it was the right thing to do.
现在的情况太扯了
This is ridiculous.
完全是误会
It's a complete misunderstanding.
好 无论是不是误会
Yeah, well, whether it's a misunderstanding or not,
我不...我不想被牵扯进来 真的不想
I just-- I don't want any part of it. I just don't.
你?这话竟出自你口
You? Of all people.
你这话什么意思?
What is that supposed to mean?
你知道他们全都希望你走人
You know they all wanted you gone.
科里、弗雷德 所有人
Cory, Fred. All of them.
而我支持你 因为我了解
I had your back, because I know what it's like
一群男人决定一个女人的 “保鲜期”是什么感觉
when a bunch of men decide a woman's sell-by date.
当时我支持你 现在你也得支持我
I had your back, and now you need to have mine.
若我因此垮台
If I go down for this,
你觉得取代我的人会在乎你
do you think whoever replaces me is going to care about you
或你想要的东西吗?
or what you want?
面对现实吧 会是科里或他身边的一个马屁精接手
Let's face it. It'll be Cory or one of his toadies.
到目前为止 科里好好照顾过你吗?
And how has Cory looked out for you so far?
对 我知道 西比尔
Yes. I know, Cybil.
多年来我都感受到了你的支持
I have actually felt your support over the years.
真是可笑啊 突然之间我们姐妹情深
It's funny how now all of a sudden it becomes about sisterhood
情比金坚 因为现在你有求于我
and solidarity, because now you need something.
艾丽克丝 世界就是这样
Alex, this is how the world works.
- 天啊 - 你很清楚
- Wow. - You know that.
我没有别的企图
I have no angle here.
我只想有机会把话说清楚
I just want a chance to set the goddamn record straight.
我把自己的一生都献给了这地方
I've given my life to this place.
我绝不会因为这件事被封♥杀♥
I won't be canceled over this.
这是难免的事
It happens to the best of us.
你焦虑的时候才会这样呼吸
You only breathe like that when you're anxious.
宝贝 一切都会过去的 我保证
Babe, it's gonna blow over, I promise.
但你得睡觉
But you gotta get your sleep.
都快3点半了
3:30 is right around the corner.
听着 这是西比尔的家族企业
Look, it's Cybil's family's company.
你们能理解她为何想利用我们脱困
You can understand why she'd try to, like, use us to bail her out.
拜托 UBA电视网 数十年来都是一间上市公♥司♥
Come on. UBA's been a publicly traded company for decades.
我们不属于她
We don't belong to her.
再说了 电视上的所有人迟早都会被封♥杀♥
Besides, everything on TV, it gets canceled sooner or later.
我不明白西比尔为何应该是例外
I don't know why Cybil should be any different.
她不会保持沉默的
She's not gonna stay quiet.
那就让她大放厥词吧 那不表示我们必须
Well, let her get loud. That doesn't mean we have to
让种族歧视者上《走近艾丽克丝》
put a resident daughter of the confederacy on Alex Unfiltered.
科里 相信我 我也完全不赞同这个想法
Cory, trust me. I am not crazy about this idea at all,
但那份陈词滥调的官方声明 只会让我们更颜面无光
but that tired statement from the suits, that just makes us look worse.
西比尔签了保密协议 她不能将她的故事告诉任何人
Cybil has an NDA. She's not gonna be able to tell her story to anyone,
而这件事必须得到处理 而且只有我们能做到
and this has to be addressed and we're the only ones who can do it.
- 就这么简单 - 好 克里斯还好吗?
- Period. - Okay. How's Chris doing?
今天她主持节目时似乎没事 但我无法想像她没事
She seemed fine at the show today, but I can't imagine she is.
在我看来 她非常专业
I mean, from what I could see, she was a total pro.
对 她很棒 她上节目、出色完成工作
Yeah. She was great. She came in, she did her job.
不想谈论这件事 我完全了解
She didn't wanna talk about it, which I completely understand,
因为这是我们要收拾的烂摊子
because it's our mess to clean up.
- 与她无关 - 烂摊子已经收拾好了
- It's not her mess. - The mess is already cleaned up.
我们发布了声明 我不懂你们为何还要节外生枝
We issued a statement. I'm not sure why you guys wanna chum the waters.
我不是替西比尔开脱 但我了解她的出发点
I'm not excusing what Cybil did, but I understand the ask.
她似乎想找机会捍卫自已的名誉
Sounds like she wants a chance to defend her reputation.
UBA的名誉怎么办?让她上《雄鹰新闻》吧
What about UBA's reputation? Let her go on Eagle News.
我不在乎保密协议 我愿意放弃
I don't care about the NDA. I'll waive it.
这不是八卦 是有新闻价值的 而且是所有人当下的关注焦点
This is not gossip. This is newsworthy, and everybody is talking about it.
若我们不予理睬 看起来会多差?
If we ignore it, how do we look?
而且 科里 这不是你的专长吗?
Also, Cory, isn't this, like, your thing?
为了拼收视率搞出各种花招?
Like, the ratings, the whole circus?
我不喜欢跟一个我明知
I don't like being leveraged by someone who I know
一周后就会在博卡玩沙狐球的人谈条件
is gonna be playing shuffleboard in Boca in a week.
她没戏唱了 连她自己的董事会都不想理她
She is a dead man walking. Her own board won't even talk to her.
抱歉 科里 但有一件事不容反驳
Sorry, Cory, but there is a solid argument here.
让她上《走近艾丽克丝》会表明我们认真对待此事
An interview on Alex Unfiltered would show that we're taking this seriously.
鉴于UBA当初报道米切凯斯勒行为的方式
And given how UBA covered up Mitch Kessler's behavior,
再加上那种行为引发的种族议题
not to mention the racial issues around that behavior,
我们最好的对策就是先发制人
our best move is to get ahead of this ourselves.
好吧 但我要看节目的初剪版
Fine, but I'd like to see first cut.
还有 如果是一群人互相吹捧 那就不播出
And if it's a circle jerk, we're not airing it.
互相吹捧?你说...什么?
Circle jerk? Ex-- What?
是我误解了吗?还是说他只想草草了事?
Is it just me, or is he in a hurry to bury the body?
蕾拉贝尔 聘用基本工资:48925美元
朱莉娅强森:45960美元
搞什么?
The fuck?
蕾娜 过来
Rena, come here.
- 这是什么?- 黑客网站公布了我们的工资
- What am I looking at? - Salaries from the hack website.
蕾娜罗宾逊:42850美元
- What am I looking at? - Salaries from the hack website.
蕾娜罗宾逊:42850美元
It's not just Chris being lowballed, it's all of us. Well, maybe not all of us.
不是只有克里斯的工资低 我们全都一样 或许有人例外
It's not just Chris being lowballed, it's all of us. Well, maybe not all of us.
所以你是说这是一个模式
So, you're saying it's a pattern.
等等 什么?真的吗?
Wait, what? Seriously?
我一直在看被黑后的数据转储 不忍♥直视
I've been digging through the data dump from the hack. It ain't pretty.
- 天啊 - 难以置信
- Oh, my God. - This is crazy.
所有的基层员工长♥期♥被种族歧视 但因为克里斯
All the junior staff have had racist shit said and done to us forever,
大家现在都在乎了?
but now everybody cares because it's Chris?
简直不可理喻
This is bullshit.
说真的 在这里工作究竟有什么意义?
I swear to God, what's the point of even working here?
蕾拉 你可以来我办公室吗?我们再看一遍明天的稿子
Layla, can we review copy for tomorrow in my office?
我要...
I'm gonna...
这是明天的稿子
Here's a copy for tomorrow.
别管稿子了
Forget the copy.
蕾拉 怎么回事?告诉我
What's going on, Layla? Help me out.
先是那些恶劣的工作表现评估 现在又出这事?
First those god-awful performance reviews, and now this?
非得有关于一个名人的电邮外流
It took the leak of an email about a famous person,
一个有钱又有名的人
a rich and famous person,
大家才会在乎这里根深蒂固的不平等现象
to make anyone care about the inequality that's baked into this place.
- 我们很不爽 - 有多不爽?
- And we're pissed. - How pissed?
你或许明天就没员工了
You might not have a staff by tomorrow.
好 谢谢你的坦诚
Okay. Thank you for your honesty.
我很感激
I appreciate it.
嘿 斯黛拉 我们需要召集所有人开会
Hey, Stella, we need an all-hands.
好的 各位 谢谢你们来
All right, everybody. Thank you for coming.
我们知道西比尔雷诺兹的电邮 跟一些令人遗憾的不平等薪资
We know that Cybil Reynolds' email, and some unfortunate pay inequities
让你们很多人不爽 这也是理所当然的
have made a lot of you upset, and rightfully so.
我们都经历了很多事
We've all been through a lot.
我们只想召集大家讨论这件事
We just wanted to get everybody together and talk about it.
讨论《The Morning Show》该怎么做才能弥补 谁来说说?
Talk about what The Morning Show can do to make things right. Anybody?
他们都在看我 对吧?
They're all looking at me, aren't they?
确实是
Well, they're not not looking at you.
对 请尽管开口 任何人都能谈论自己的感受
Yeah, so anyone, anyone can talk. Talk about how you feel.
- 你们可以畅所欲言 - 对
- You're free to say anything... - That's right.
不必担心后果
...without fear of reprisal.
- 管理层不会秋后算帐 好吗?- 对 这是一个绝对安全的空间
- Management will not retaliate, okay? - Right, this is a completely safe space.
好吧 我豁出去了
All right, fuck it.
当然 我们不会因为发表意见被开除
Of course, you can't fire us for speaking out.
但知道你们能做什么?
But you know what you can do?
不给我们分配任务、不让我们升职
Ice us out of assignments, pass us over for promotions,
让工作环境变得恶劣到逼我们主动辞职 这样你们就能全身而退
make it so unpleasant that we'll quit on our own. That way you stay clean.
好 蕾拉 我不会让那种事发生在你身上
Okay, Layla, I am not going to let that happen to you.
但科里在哪里?西比尔在哪里?
But where's Cory? Where's Cybil?
他们不在这里 因为没必要来这里
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表