剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
They're not here because they don't have to be here.
听着 他们认为我们会闭上嘴
Look, they're betting that we're either going to just shut the fuck up
留在工作岗位
and, you know, remain in our place.
所有来这儿工作、敢于发声的黑人
All the talent that comes in here who's Black and vocal,
不是闭嘴就是离职
they either quiet down or they leave.
朱莉娅 记得我们的地位吗?
Julia, remember our place?
你认真?你的工作表现非常优秀
Really? You're amazing at what you do.
为何要正中那些人的下怀
Why would you play into the hands of people
把自己当成受害者?
who want you to see yourself as a victim?
你不觉得那样很没底气吗?
I mean, you don't see how disempowering that is?
杨科 我没有那么做
I don't think I was doing that, Yanko.
好的 听着 各位 重点是种族...
All right, look. Guys, bottom line, race--
首先 这是虚构的 好吗?
First of all, it's a fiction, okay?
而且被当成武器 好吗?我们都心知肚明
And it's being weaponized, okay? We all know that.
是吗?我们都知道吗?我不确定...
Do we? Do we all know that? I'm not sure...
我们对话的主题错了 好吗?
We're having the wrong conversation, okay?
- 我们... - 现在我能说话了吗?
- Well, we're-- - Can I speak now?
- 我是说 安全吗?- 说吧 对
- I mean, is it safe? - Go ahead. Yeah.
米娅 现在我们是在对号♥入座
All we're doing, Mia, right now is checking boxes.
我们在对号♥入座 在一张表单上
We're checking boxes, we're scoring diversity points
比谁最多元化 为了什么?好让自我感觉比较良好吗?
on some spreadsheet, for what? So that we can all feel better?
我们一直在抨击的东西
I mean, the thing that we were railing against,
是依据我们的肤色...
adjudicating on the basis of skin color--
我是说 若那本身在很多层面还不够扯
I mean, and if that thing alone isn't screwed up on so many levels,
我们还被迫选择一个种族认同 但我们其实都是混种的
then we're also being forced to choose one racial identity when we're all mutts.
看看我 不 我的意思是 我长得像塞法迪犹太人、波斯人
Look at me. No, I mean, I pass for Sephardic Jew, I pass for Persian,
也像亚美尼亚人
I pass for Armenian.
但因为我爸妈都来自古巴
But because both my parents, they're from Cuba,
现在你要说我只是棕皮肤人吗?
you're gonna tell me now that I'm just brown?
- 杨科 你不是第三代古巴移♥民♥吗?- 对 但你搞错重点了
- Yanko, aren't you third-generation Cuban? - Yes, but you're missing the point.
不 你们尽管笑
No-- Laugh all you want.
这是事实 你说得对 很好笑 但... 我举个更好的例子
It's true. You're right, it's funny, but-- I'll get you a better example.
- 艾丽克丝 - 什么?
- Alex. - What?
不 假设你用唾液验DNA
No, let's say that, that you spit in a tube,
然后你发现曾祖父是黑人
and you find out that your great-grandfather is Black.
好 那样的话 你会突然变成黑人吗?
Okay, would that all of a sudden make you Black?
他的话有道理
He's got a point.
天啊
Oh, my God.
若你把DNA寄去其中一间机构
If you were to send your DNA to one of those places,
然后今天发现你的曾祖父是黑人
and you find out today that great-grandfather's Black,
突然间 艾丽克丝利维就成了黑人?她是黑人吗?
all of a sudden, Alex Levy, she's Black? Is she Black?
杨科 你把这变成闹剧了
Yanko, you're turning this into a stunt.
我是在指出这整件事有多荒谬 你看不出来吗?
I'm pointing out the absurdity of this. You don't see that?
- 别这样 你很清楚这样没帮助 - 什么?不
- Come on. You know it's not helping. - What? No.
- 完全没 - 是觉醒文化
- At all. - It's the wokeness.
艾丽克丝 那个才没帮助
That's what's not helping, Alex.
你能不能...这里交给你 我马上回来
Would you do-- Take this over, and I'll be right back.
- 我担心... - 对 继续说
- I'm worrying-- - Yeah. Keep talking.
我们偏离主题了
We're getting ourselves derailed here.
我们都是出于好意 而且...
We are all well-meaning and...
克里斯 等等
Chris, wait.
刚刚那种讨论有什么意义?
What was the point of that back there?
我以为可以让大家开诚布公把话说清楚
I thought it would help to talk it out in the open.
在你让西比尔上《走近艾丽克丝》之前?
Before you put Cybil on Alex Unfiltered?
让观众看见她对棕色人种多友善?
Show what a friend she is to brown people?
我没资格做出这个决定
That decision's above my pay grade.
似乎我俩都需要更高的地位
Sounds like we both need higher pay grades then.
是啊
Yeah.
别让西比尔或这整个企业机器
Don't let Cybil or this whole corporate machine
让你质疑自己的价值
make you doubt your worth.
我从没质疑过自己的价值 我只是没想到别人会质疑
I never doubted my worth. I just didn't know other people did.
我不是其中一个
I'm not one of those people.
那你为何还没替我找一个 新的主播制♥作♥人?
Then why haven't you found me a new anchor producer?
很难吸引高水平制♥作♥人来
It's been hard to attract high-level producers.
我想不通为什么
I can't imagine why.
- 会开得怎么样?- 我解散了 讨论不出个所以然
- What happened to the meeting? - I ended it. We weren't getting anywhere.
克里斯还好吗?
How's Chris?
若你是她 现在会好吗?
How would you be if you were her right now?
对 解决这事前 我们的苦日子还多着呢
Yeah, we're gonna have a lot of shitty days until this goes away.
是吗?能解决吗?
Will it, though? Go away?
我们为了西比尔的一封电邮焦头烂额
Wringing our hands over one email from Cybil
各种方法根本无济于事
is like trying to put a Band-Aid on cancer.
顺便说一下 斯黛拉 我们早该知道
And, Stella, by the way, it was our fucking job to know
克里斯跟其他100多人都薪资过低
that Chris and a hundred other people were being lowballed
用删减预算这个名堂
in the name of budget cuts.
而我必须面对朱莉娅、蕾拉以及所有人
And I'm the one who has to look at Julia and Layla and everybody else
他们全都超时工作、不被珍惜、薪资过低 就在我的眼皮底下
who's overworked, underappreciated, underpaid on my watch.
但是 对 不 假装不知道就好
But yeah. No, don't look over there, you know?
低成本高效率做节目 要少花钱多办事 发挥创意
Keep the show lean and mean. Do more with less. Get creative.
赢得该死的收视率之战
Win the fucking ratings war.
若有必要 睡在办公室也行
Sleep in your office, if that's what it takes.
因为在疫情期间 就得这样才能经营下去
'Cause that is what it takes to keep the lights on during a pandemic.
在被黑的时候也照样在工作
To literally keep the lights on during a hack.
斯黛拉 这简直太离谱了
How fucked up is it, Stella,
我应该操控这台机器 而我是上面的一个齿轮?
that I'm supposed to be running the machine, and I am a goddamn cog?
或许UBA的确是 一座提供牙医保险的蓄奴庄园而已
Maybe UBA is a plantation, just with dental insurance.
- 对 你说得对 - 我知道我说得对
- Yeah, you're right. - I know I'm right.
但我依旧在这里 这表示我是怎样的人?
But what does that say about me, that I'm still here?
我们要离开这里 今晚不醉不休
We're getting out of here. We're getting drunk tonight.
- 斯黛拉 不 我没时间 - 别逼我用上司口吻命令你
- Stella, no. I don't have time. - Do not make me pull rank.
这是命令
That's an order.
我们要离开这里
We're getting out of here,
然后喝到眼冒金星
and we're drinking until we can't see straight.
我会全部报销 还要邀请克里斯
And I'm expensing all of it, and we're inviting Chris.
- 告诉我 这是什么颜色?- 红色
- Now tell me, what color is it? - Red.
红色 奈玛 好棒
Red. Good job, Naima.
拿去...给你...嘿 这是什么颜色?
Here, here. There you-- Hey! What color is this?
- 橙色 - 橙色 好棒
- Orange. - Orange! So amazing.
你知道接下来是什么吧?
You know what's next, huh?
你比我还快 对吧?
You getting ahead of me, huh?
天啊 看看 绿色
Oh, wow. Look at this. Green.
斯黛拉手♥机♥来电
这是什么?嘿 来击掌...
What's that? Hey! High-five, high-five.
好 你别闹了 从地上起来吧
Okay, you're being ridiculous. Get off the floor.
“亲爱的 你这周过得如何?”
"How has your week been, honey?"
“我得读一封关于我的种族歧视电邮
"Well, I had to read a racist email about me,
是一个我才见过一次的人发的
sent by someone I met exactly once.
然后我们的首席执行官要给我钱
Then our CEO offered me ho money
- 叫我闭嘴 - 别说了
- to stay quiet. - Stop.
一位记者问我打算怎么做
And some reporter asked me what I was gonna do about all of this.
然后我的黑人上司跟我说 我应该保持冷静、继续工作”
And then my Black boss told me that I should keep calm and carry on."
那你要辞职吗?
So you wanna quit?
你知道我从来不放弃
You know I don't quit anything.
你工作做得够多了
I mean, you've put in enough time.
《The Morning Show》本来就不会永远播下去
The Morning Show wasn't supposed to be forever.
过来...
Come here, come here.
我们原本过得好好的
You know, we were fine.
有足够的代言费度过这段时间
We had enough in endorsements to tide us over,
- 我却让你说服我接下这份工作 - 我没有说服你
- and I let you talk me into this job. - I didn't talk you into this.
我告诉过你我觉得他们给我低薪
I told you I felt like they were lowballing me,
- 你说我们不应该狮子大开口 - 不对...
- and you said we shouldn't push it. - No, no, no, no,
你不能把这事怪到我头上
I'm not gonna let you blame me for this
因为这些白人失去了理智
because these white folks have lost their minds.
我们早该告到他们倾家荡产
We should've taken them for every dime they had.
- 现在我们能出手了 - 不行
- And now we can. - No.
我只要起诉一次 就永远会是那个爱起诉的女人
You sue once, you are forever the woman who sues.
对吧?
Yeah?
对不起
I'm sorry.
- 如果是那个记者... - 让我处理
- If that's a reporter-- - I'll handle it.
是艾丽克丝
It's Alex.
对 好 妈妈马上回来
Yeah, okay. Mommy will be right back.
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表