剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
Oh, come on. You know what? You said we would finish our conversation last week,
现在我都来找你了 拜托 科里 你对我的爱哪去了?
and here I am chasing you down. Come on. Where's the love, Cory?
别闹了
Come on.
我安排你搭乘宇宙飞船上天呢
I got you a ride on a spaceship.
一个与脆弱地球交流的机会
A chance to commune with fragile planet Earth.
如果能有你这个机会 让大卫爱登堡 勒死一只雪豹他肯定都愿意
David Attenborough would strangle a snow leopard to have your seat.
顺便跟你说个好消息 我会和你一起上天
And good news, by the way, I'm coming along with you.
保罗 刚刚给我发了邀请
Paul just extended an invitation.
我怎么感觉 你跟亿万富翁先生有点兄弟情深啊?
Do I sense a little bromance with Mr. Billionaire?
他喜欢我 我能说什么呢? 我就是招某些人喜欢
Well, he likes me. What can I tell you? Some people do.
好吧 科里 我要认真跟你说点事
All right. I'm serious about this, Cory.
我救了你的宝贝UBA+一命
I saved your precious UBA+ ass
用我的血、汗、泪 和其他一切从我身体里出来的东西
with my blood, my sweat and my tears and everything else that came
-在我刚得新冠时 -艾丽克丝 我非常感谢
- out of my body when I had COVID. - Alex, I'm profoundly grateful for all
-你付出的所有体液 但是... -好
- of your bodily fluids, but-- - Okay.
那让我来简单聊聊与科里相关的话题
Well, let me then just speak Cory for a second.
你认为这20年里 我给这家公♥司♥
How many ad dollars do you think I have brought into this company
赚了多少广♥告♥收入?
in the 20 years that I've been here?
要估算的话有点棘手
Little tricky to estimate.
是的 我也这么想 所以我让道格 试着算了一下 大约有...
Yeah. Well, I thought so. So that's why I had Doug give it a whirl. It's about--
二十亿美元
about two billion.
道格
Doug.
会计师都喜欢四舍五入 对吧?
Well, agents do love a round number, don't they?
我要当真正的合伙人
I need to be a real partner.
我要对这个地方的未来 有发言权 知道吗?
I need to have a say in the future of this place, okay?
过去两年 我一直身处现实世界
I've been out there in the real world for the last two years,
我知道人们想要什么
and I know what people want.
得了吧 人们根本不知道自己想要什么
Oh, come on. People don't know what they want until we puree it,
他们只喜欢我们为他们定制的新闻
spoon it up and make airplane sounds.
好吧 那我告诉你我想要什么
Okay. Well, here's what I want.
我计划要做的节目翻两番
Double my development slate,
给我分红以及董事会席位
profit participation and a seat on the board.
-艾丽克丝 -你知道是时候了
- Alex. - You know that it's time.
这是我应得的 科里 拜托
I have earned this, Cory. Come on.
是 你所要求的这些待遇都是史无前例的
Yeah. What you are asking is unprecedented.
我本身就是史无前例的人才
I am unprecedented.
在这个电视网上我无处不在 我想保持下去
I'm all over this network, and I want to stay all over this network.
但我现在要跟你把话说清楚
But I will be very clear with you right now.
如果待遇得不到改善 我就去别的电视台
I'll go elsewhere, if things don't change.
艾丽克丝 你的要求我听进去了
Alex, I hear you,
我会让你非常满意、开心
and I'm going to make you very, very happy.
别耍我 科里
Don't fuck me on this, Cory.
天啊 敢耍我 我就把你从那个航♥天♥器里踢出去
God, I'll kick your ass out of that shuttle so fast,
你会像《地心引力》里的克鲁尼 噗 消失得无影无踪
you'll be like Clooney in Gravity. Just poof. Gone.
科里 再会
See ya, Cory.
早上好
Morning.
很高兴你能加入我们
Nice of you to join us.
问你个宇宙的问题
Space question.
大质量恒星燃料耗尽 无法维持自身的反应 会发生什么呢?
Massive star runs out of fuel, can't support itself. What happens?
变成一个黑洞
Becomes a black hole.
嘿 书呆子 答对了
Hey. Nerd. Correct.
抱歉 我迟到了 我被我们的常驻宇航员拦住了
Sorry I am late. I was waylaid by our resident astronaut.
为什么所有的部门主管都打给我
So why am I getting angry calls from all of our network division heads
对你削减成本的措施牢骚满腹?
complaining about your cost cutting measures?
你接到过部门主管打来的 表达喜悦之情的电♥话♥吗?
Have you ever had a happy call from a network division head?
你这是在蚕食公♥司♥来养活UBA+ 用债务把我们淹没
You are cannibalizing the company to feed UBA+ and drowning us in debt.
不是 这点债务就像毛毛雨
No. It's really more of a misting,
在炎热的夏日里轻轻洒下一点水 让我们保持凉爽
a gentle sprinkling to keep us cool on a warm summer day.
新闻部暂时可以配合削减成本
We can make it work in the news division for now.
但我想坐下来看看下个季度的财务预期
But I want to sit down and look at next quarter's projections
因为它们比我们想象的要糟
because they're worse than we thought.
总有一天会发生暴♥乱♥
And at some point there's gonna be a mutiny.
我们可以精打细算 或者...
You know, we can sit around counting beans or--
但我们赚更多的钱 把UBA+发展成巨头企业
But you know, wouldn't it be more fun to plant them,
这样不是更有意思吗?
grow a beanstalk and turn UBA+ into a giant?
巨头最后都会死
The giant dies in the end.
我们要坚守阵地
We hold the line.
这是一段艰难时期 我们会挺过去的
This is a rough patch. We'll get through it,
但我们不能再消耗储备了
but we can't burn through any more of our reserves.
斯黛拉 事实上 这周我想看看
Stella, actually, I wanna look over those numbers
那些数字
sometime this week.
我得控制一下董事会的期望值
I need to manage the expectations of the board.
艾丽克丝想要什么?
So, what did Alex want?
一如既往 狮子大开口
Too much, as usual.
我喜欢想象西比尔坐着浮冰 漂向地平线
I like to imagine Cybil on an ice floe drifting away toward the horizon,
远离我们 变得越来越小
getting smaller and smaller.
她说对了一件事 我们的财务状况糟透了
She's right about one thing. Our financials are shit.
我们要谈裁员的事吗?
Do we need to talk about layoffs?
你先别急着找新工作
Well, don't fire up your LinkedIn just yet.
-你要去哪? -找布莱德莉
- Where are you off to? - Bradley.
-她又想要什么? -一如既往 狮子大开口
- And what does she want? - Too much, as usual.
穿不♥穿♥西服外套呢?
With the jacket or without the jacket?
绝对得穿
Definitely jacket.
-请进 -嗨
- Come in. - Hey.
嗨
Hey.
裙子真漂亮
Nice dress.
我不确定 是不是露了太多胸?
I don't know. Too much boob?
不会 穿上西服外套就不显了
No, not with the jacket.
-对 我也是这么想的 -是
- Yeah. That's what I was thinking. - Yeah.
能让我们单独聊聊吗?
Could we just have just a minute?
-当然可以 -谢谢
- Yeah. Sure. - Thank you.
谢了
Thanks.
我猜你有坏消息要告诉我
So, I'm guessing this is bad news.
是什么?
What is it?
你得把堕胎那篇报道先放一放
You're gonna have to punt the abortion piece.
-什么? -抱歉
- What? - I'm sorry.
在新冠疫情期间 药物流产数目激增
Medical abortions skyrocketed during the pandemic.
堕胎药会是下个热点话题 斯黛拉
The pills are the next front, Stella.
我们必须主导这场对话
We have to be leading this conversation.
是的 我们报道了SB4和SB8法案
Yeah. We covered SB4 and SB8.
大家都知道你在这个问题上并非中立
And everybody knows you're not neutral on this issue.
为什么?就因为我有亲身经历?
Why? Because I have a personal experience with it?
那我就不能报道这个话题了吗? 完全没道理啊
That means I can't report on it? That doesn't make any sense.
就好像 杨科有枪
Like-- Yanko is a gun owner.
这就意味着他不能报道校园枪击案了?
Does that mean he can't report on school shootings?
你知道这完全是两码事
You know it's not the same thing.
如果你说得过头、违反了当地法律
If you cross the line and break local laws,
你就会让UBA 面临法律诉讼和广♥告♥商的抵♥制♥
you leave UBA open to a lawsuit, to advertiser boycotts.
这我们可承担不起 抱歉
We can't afford it. I'm sorry.
我真心感到抱歉
I really am.
天啊
Wow.
我们本该造成改变 不是吗?
You know, we were supposed to change things, weren't we?
我指你和我 所以他们才找我们来
You and me. That's why they brought us in.
我刚来时 他们说我一炮而红 然后你来了 他们说
When I came in, they called me an upstart. And then you started, and they said,
“你们会喜欢她 她是个超级颠覆者”
"You're gonna love her. She's such a disrupter."
我们本应改变UBA的现状 但现在看看我们
We were supposed to shake things up at UBA, and now look at us.
三年过去了 我们还只是在维持现状
Three years later, we're just status quo.
“这个故事不能报 调整那个内容 你不能在电视上说那种话”
"Kill this story. Tweak that copy. You can't say that on network television."
说真的 斯黛拉 这到底是怎么回事? 这就像被凌迟处死一样
Honestly, what the fuck, Stella? It's like death by a thousand cuts.
布莱德莉 因为你的身份和背景
Bradley, because of who you are, where you come from,
你可以同时和美国的两党对话
you can speak to both sides of the country.
现在在美国 其他新闻主播都做不到这一点
There isn't another news anchor in America who can do that right now.
如果下次总统竞选出现争议 我们需要观众信任你
And if this next election is contested, we need our viewers to trust you.
所有观众 我是在保护这个
All of them. That's what I'm trying to protect here.
懂了
Got it.
美国记者联盟奖
-真美 -布莱德莉
- You look amazing. - Bradley.
-好了 谢谢 -能再拍一张吗?
- All right. Thank you. - Can I get one more?
-你走之前再拍一张 -杨科 谢谢
- One more before you go. - Thank you, Yanko.
你可真美
You look amazing.
布莱德莉 看这边
This way, Bradley.
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表