剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
The Morning Show's version of Obama's "Beer Summit".
若他办不到 我们当然也无法
If he couldn't make it work, we sure as hell can't.
我喜欢冒险 但不行
I love the Hail Mary, but no.
我也喜欢孤注一掷的事 而且我特别喜欢
I love Hail Marys too. I especially love a Hail Mary
一个电视网首席执行官将 内容尴尬的电邮外泄
where a network's CEO leaks an embarrassing email
为了赶走董事会主席的剧情
to knock out his board chair and, you know,
并随手将400年的种族主义当作武器 只为跟一个亿万富翁达成交易
casually weaponizes 400 years of racism to close a deal with a billionaire.
斯黛拉 这是很严重的指控
That's quite the accusation, Stella.
在你跟我说我说错了之前
Before you tell me I'm wrong,
你要知道你说谎时 左眼会抽搐
just know that your left eye twitches when you're lying.
科里 你别插手这件事
You let this get away from you, Cory.
不...不行 我不能上《The Morning Show》
No, no, no. Nope, I can't do it. I cannot go on The Morning Show.
西比尔 你必须上
Cybil, you have to do this.
克里斯希望这样 她也有权替自己发声
It's what Chris wants, and she deserves to have her say too.
你别再摆出一副脆弱白人女子的样子了
It's time for you to stop behaving like some fragile white woman.
我脆弱?
I'm fragile?
换成你 熬得过1970年代吗?
Could you have survived the '70s?
我们都知道你很强悍
We are aware that you're formidable.
我不断回想这件事
I keep running it back in my mind over and over and over.
我不敢相信我会那样写
I can't believe I wrote that.
我...决不会贬低另一个女同事
I-- I would never undermine another woman at work.
- 我为何要那么做?- 不知道
- Why would I do that? - I don't know.
我认为你得在《The Morning Show》回答这个问题
And I think you're just gonna have to answer that on TMS.
为什么?他们...已经给我贴了标签
Why? They've-- They've decided who I am.
你等着瞧 在我离开后
And you watch, after I'm gone,
他们会假装...问题解决了
they'll all pretend that... solved the problem.
然后他们如果看见有色人种
And they'll still just cross to the other side of the street
照样会充满歧视
if they see a person of color.
换成我...不会在节目中这样说
I would-- I would not say that part on air.
天啊
Oh, God.
我开了一个玩笑
I made a joke.
一个没品的玩笑
A tasteless joke.
现在那个玩笑成了我的污点?
And now that joke is my legacy?
我家族的污点?
My family's legacy?
我们80年来所创造的一切 全都化为乌有 只因为...
Eighty years of all that we built is just wiped out by a--
一封轻率的电邮?
by a thoughtless email?
西比尔 这远不止一封电邮这么简单
Cybil, it's so much more than one email.
同样的工作 你付给黑人女性的钱 比付给白人女性的少
You paid a Black woman less than a white woman for the exact same job.
我知道你不认为这能反应你的为人
And I understand that you don't think that this is reflective of who you are,
但这是你为自己的行为负责的机会 而且你要重塑自己的形象
but this is your chance to own it, and you're gonna redefine it.
接下来 我们将继续关注玛吉与凯西
Still to come, we'll follow up with Marge and Kathy,
这对同卵双胞胎在苹果酒节的吃派比赛
identical twins reunited after a chance run-in
巧遇后重逢了
at the Cider Days pie eating contest.
你能想象吗?你在品尝
Can you imagine that? You're just sampling
一片草莓大黄派 然后
a slice of strawberry rhubarb and then,
- 天啊 双胞胎出现 - 是啊
- wham, your twin. - I know.
这是吃东西比赛 充满惊喜
It's competitive eating, it's full of surprises.
接下来
Up next,
会有一场关于美国企业中种族的对话
a conversation about race in corporate America
对话者是UBA的董事会主席西比尔雷诺兹
with UBA Board Chair, Cybil Reynolds,
以及本节目主播克里斯亨特 广♥告♥之后马上回来
and our very own Chris Hunter. We'll be right back after this break.
录制完毕
And we're clear.
- 天啊 这个话题转换好难 - 天啊
- Oh, my God. Fucking tough pivot. - God.
- 可不是嘛 - 天...老天爷
- No shit. - Holy-- Jesus Christ.
克里斯...面对这件事太勇敢了
And Chris has-- Chris has got a lot of guts, taking this on.
对 没错 她很勇敢
Yeah, she does. She sure does.
好 三分钟后直播
Okay. We're three minutes out.
你要说重点 记得呼吸 好吗?
You're gonna stay on point. Remember to breathe, right?
记住 这个单元有四分钟
Remember, it's a four-minute segment,
他们或许会聊得比较久
and they might go just a little longer.
直播的好处就是他们迟早得结束访谈
Well, the great thing about a live broadcast they have to cut away
- 然后进广♥告♥ 所以... - 得支付那些帐单
- to commercial at some point, so-- - Gotta pay those bills.
没事的
It'll be all right.
你出场前我先替你补妆
Just wanna do a touch-up before you head out there.
光线会让人显老
Those lights can be harsh.
我觉得稍微修饰颧骨就好
I was thinking we'll do a quick contour right at the cheekbone.
- 好 谢谢 - 用一点颜色 才不会太苍白
- Thank you. - A little color. Don't wanna wash you out.
听着 由你控制答案
And listen, you control the answers.
她没有控制答案
She does not control the answers.
一
One...
二
two...
三
three.
嘿 你好 宝贝
Hey. Hello, babe.
这不是一场比赛
This is not a race.
你会表现得很棒
You're gonna be great.
你生来就很棒
You were born great.
若我自取其辱呢?
What if I embarrass myself?
若我这么做 然后所有人只看见
What if I do this and all anyone sees
一个愤怒的黑人女子 炮轰一个无助的娇小白人女子
is an angry Black woman beating up on a defenseless little white lady...
- 不会发生这种事 - 而且...
- That's not gonna happen. - ...and--
米娅就在你的耳边 我也在后台
You got Mia in your ear and me right offside.
姑娘 加油
Come on, girl.
- 亲爱的 替我拿着 - 好
- Oh, dear, would you hold this? - Yep.
- 雷诺兹女士 请跟我来 - 谢谢
- Ms. Reynolds, come with me please. - Thank you.
- 好 小心 别摔着 - 谢谢
- Okay, watch your step. - Thank you.
老天爷
God Almighty.
确定没有任何收音延迟
Let's make sure we don't have any audible delay.
收到 没有延迟
Copy that. No delay.
- 收音良好 没有延迟 - 确认
- Good to go for audio. No delay. - Check.
好 各位集中注意力
Okay, everyone, let's keep this tight.
吉姆 我要你待在附近
Jim, I want you to stay closer.
克里斯 你能行的
You got this, Chris.
五秒后直播 四、三...
And in five, four, three...
欢迎回来
Welcome back.
几天前 出现一封涉及种族歧视电邮
A few days ago, a racially insensitive email surfaced
发信者是UBA的董事会主席西比尔雷诺兹
from UBA board president, Cybil Reynolds.
这封电邮的内容涉及对于我的评论 我直到现在才公开♥发♥言
The email contained comments about me. I haven't spoken out in public until now.
而且今天我的来宾 就是写下这些评论的女士
And here to join me as I do so is the woman who wrote those comments.
UBA董事会主席西比尔雷诺兹 谢谢你上节目
UBA board president, Cybil Reynolds, thank you for being here.
谢谢你邀请我
Thank you for having me on.
我知道这理所当然引起公愤
Now I know there was some furor, well deserved,
针对UBA几天前发出的声明
over the statement that UBA issued some days ago.
我的那封电邮至少可以说非常不得体
It was inadequate, to say the very least.
这是我个人犯下的错误 我上节目是为了亲自向你道歉
The mistake was mine and mine alone, and I'm here to apologize in person.
克里斯 我...非常抱歉说了那些话
Chris, I'm-- I am deeply sorry for what I said.
就算聘用竞争激烈
Even in the heat of a contentious hiring decision,
我的那些话也是错的 没有借口
nothing can excuse what I said.
你是指叫我杰米玛阿姨吗?
You mean calling me Aunt Jemima?
我并没有管你叫杰...
I didn't exactly call you Aunt--
我要把话说清楚
I wanna set the record straight.
你知道杰米玛阿姨 出现在松饼粉盒上 而不是麦片盒上吧?
You know that Aunt Jemima was on boxes of pancake mix and not cereal, right?
我现在知道了
I guess I know that now.
但这件事的重点 不仅是一句脱口而出的评论
But this is about more than just an offhand comment.
你这个玩笑的矛盾点在于珍珠磨坊公♥司♥
The irony of your joke is that the Pearl Milling Company
利用一个黑人女子的形象贩售品牌
used the image and likeness of a Black woman to sell a brand,
我确定她没有拿到任何好处
I'm sure, with no profit participation.
我的问题是 在你看来 我是在帮UBA贩售什么品牌?
My question is what brand am I helping UBA to sell, in your eyes?
听着 文字很重要 行动更重要
Look, words matter. Actions matter more.
在促进平等与包容方面 UBA一直很消极
And UBA has been sorely inactive when it comes to equity and inclusion.
听着 董事会并未参与电视网每天的运营
Now, the board isn't involved with day-to-day operations.
我们把公♥司♥的运营交给 干练的首席执行官处理
We leave that to the capable leadership of our CEO.
但当他领导无方 我就有责任插手
But when that leadership falters, I have a duty to step in.
你敢把脏水泼我身上试试
Don't you fucking dare.
- 她在炮轰科里吗?- 是他活该
- She firing shots at Cory? - He deserves them.
我不确定你是否在回答我的问题
I'm not sure you're answering my question.
- 好吧 - 但我们谈谈插手
- Oh. - But let's talk about stepping in.
那会是什么情况?
What would that look like?
你觉得有可能赢回UBA员工的信任吗?
Do you even think it's possible to win back the trust of UBA's employees?
你知道吗?我觉得能
You know something? I do.
我觉得有可能
I do think it's possible.
这会从UBA员工与董事会之间的对话开始
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表