剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
那是我们的工作
That's what we do.
- 对 -好,有事就来找我
- Yeah. - Okay. I'm around.
- 好... -好的
- Yeah. Okay. - Okay.
- 祝访谈顺利 -亲爱的,谢谢你
- Have a good interview. - Thanks, honey.
天啊,开了好久
God, that was a long drive.
- 是啊 -好,去采访吧
- Yep. - Okay, let's do this.
我们要直接进去吗?
Should we just go in?
- 好 -好,进去吧
- I mean, yeah. - Yeah. Let's do it.
有人吗?
Hello?
有人吗?
Hello?
有人吗?
Hello!
天啊
Oh, my gosh.
抱歉,它很友好的
Sorry. He's friendly.
- 嗨,你好 -很好,你们找到了
- Hi, there. - Good. You found it.
你没换衣服
You're not dressed.
- 要上来有点难 -你说什么?
- The turn-on can be a little tricky. - Excuse me?
转上这条路有点难,因为没标识
Turning onto the road. It's unmarked.
对,不,我们其实...找到了
Oh, right. No, we actually-- We got it.
你家真是美丽的世外桃源啊,天啊
So, this is quite a beautiful hidden gem you have here. Wow.
听着,我知道你们可能得花几分钟时间
Listen, I know it's probably gonna take you guys a couple minutes
架机器、布置场地
to get set up and whatnot.
你们请随意,我去准备一下
Help yourself to whatever you want, and I will go get ready.
我们走吧,小子,快点,我们走
Let's go. Buddy, come on. Let's go.
好的...嗨
Okay, okay. Hi.
不...我不用,谢谢
No, no. That's fine. Thanks.
可以了吗?
Good?
好的
Okay.
所以...抱歉,有什么规矩?
So-- Sorry. What are the rules?
什么意思?
What do you mean?
我认识你吗?还是当不认识?
Well, do I know you? Do I not know you?
对,就把这当成我们初次见面
Oh, yeah. Just think of it like, you know, we're just meeting for the first time.
很简单
Easy.
- 幸会 -幸会
- Nice to meet you. - Nice to meet you.
好的
All right.
奇普
Chip.
好的
Okay.
- 好的,大家准备好了吗? -好了
- All right. Everybody ready? - Yes.
- 准备好了 -开始吧
- All set. - Let's do this.
摄影师,请开拍
Let's roll cameras, please.
你为何从来不接受采访呢?
So, why don't you do interviews?
- 我不想冒犯你 -请尽管冒犯我
- Well, I don't want to offend you. - Oh, please, offend me.
老实说,我认为接受采访纯粹是浪费时间
I think they're a waste of time, honestly.
我认为记者会带着某种目的来
I think people come in with an agenda
然后等着受访者自投罗网
and wait for the other person to prove them right.
我真的更愿意用这时间做别的事
And I would literally rather do anything else.
我宁愿跟迪克切尼去打猎
I would rather go hunting with Dick Cheney.
我宁愿在车管局前排队
I would rather stand in line at the DMV.
那你为何同意接受我的采访?
Well, then why did you agree to sit down with me?
因为我认为这个交易至关重要,而且,你开口请我了
Because I think this deal is important, and you asked me.
当你这种财大气粗的人
Well, when someone with your resources
收♥购♥UBA电视网这样的公♥司♥时
acquires a company like UBA,
会引发很多问题
it raises a lot of questions.
那么,你为何想把一个媒体帝国,纳入自己的商业版图呢?
So, why do you wanna add a media empire to your portfolio?
因为我原本没有
Well, I don't have one.
那我们是你的战利品?
So we're your trophy?
不是,我认为UBA有强大的盈利潜能
No. I think there's tremendous profit potential at UBA,
而且我讨厌假新闻
and I hate fake news.
这话居然出自一个大科技公♥司♥老板之口
Says the guy from big tech.
对,好,当然,我明白
Right. Okay. Sure. I get it.
我认为我们都同意,在这个时代
I think we can all agree at this point it's probably healthier
抽一整包烟或许都比看推特健康,对吧?
to smoke a pack of cigarettes than it is to log on to Twitter, right?
但要人们停止滑手♥机♥是不可能的事
But good luck keeping people from scrolling.
我认为不实新闻是能被修正的
I think the news can be fixed.
趁现在还来得及,我想试一试
And I'd like to give it a try before it's too late.
你认为自己能修正假新闻?
And you think you can fix the news?
我没看见其他人自告奋勇
I don't see anybody else with their hand raised.
是什么让你认为你能胜任这份工作?
And what makes you think you're qualified for the job?
门槛似乎定得很低
Well, the bar does seem to be set pretty low.
听起来似乎你不太尊敬新闻界的人
Sounds like you don't have a lot of respect for people that do the news.
我们是否应该担心
Should we be concerned about that,
跟一个不尊重我们的人合作呢?
partnering with someone that doesn't respect us?
我也能问你同样的问题
I could ask you the very same question.
你认为我对UBA非常有害,所以在超越者1号♥发射时放我鸽子
You thought I was so bad for UBA that you ditched the Hyperion One launch.
我也该担心和你合作吗?
Should I be concerned about you?
事实如此,对吧?,而且这是《走近艾丽克丝》
I mean, that is what happened, right? And this is Alex Unfiltered.
事实或许是如此,但这跟尊不尊重完全无关
Well, that might be what happened, but it had nothing to do with respect.
对于你收♥购♥这家公♥司♥,过去和现在都有人疑虑重重
There were, and there are still, concerns about you buying this company
我相信现在还没有定论
and I believe that the jury is still out.
我心知肚明,你已经说得很清楚了
I certainly hear that. That-- You've made that very, very clear.
所以你才在我的酒店外等我吗?
Is that why you were hanging out outside my hotel?
其实吧,我们何不稍微休息一下?
You know what? Why don't we just take a quick break?
- 好,没问题 -可以吗?
- Okay. Sure. - That okay?
- 我马上回来 -好的
- Be right back. - Okay.
你还好吗?
Are you doing okay?
是的
Yeah.
好的,你要问他那个斯坦福学生的事吗?
Okay. Are you gonna ask him about the Stanford student?
嘿,给他点颜色瞧瞧
Hey, nail his ass.
我知道,我会的
I know. I'm on it.
好的
Okay.
你曾在帕洛阿尔托经营一家孵化器公♥司♥,指导科技界的年轻创新者
You ran an incubator in Palo Alto, mentoring young innovators in tech.
是的,我在互联网泡沫时期,创办了这家公♥司♥
I did. I started it during the dot-com boom.
很多很棒的创意从那个项目中诞生
A lot of great ideas came out of that project.
但之后你就退出了
But then you stepped away.
对,我们的航♥天♥部门开始崭露头角
Yes. Our aerospace division started gaining traction.
我经常待在德克萨斯,于是我就把那间公♥司♥交给别人了
I was spending a lot more time in Texas, so I handed it off.
你后悔吗?
Any regrets?
我不懂你的意思
Not sure what you mean.
一个曾在那个孵化器公♥司♥的前斯坦福学生
Well, a former Stanford student who was in that incubator
声称自己写了一个代码
claims to have written a code.
这个代码后来演变成数据分♥析♥系统
A code that evolved into the data analytics system
被你卖♥♥给全世界的政♥府♥机关
that you sell to governments around the world.
对,那个软件花了好几年才研发出来
Right. Well, that software took years to develop
经过数百次迭代才成为今天的样子
and went through hundreds of iterations before it became what it is today.
对,但最初的创意源于那个学生
Yes. But the initial idea was theirs.
最初的创意源自,若我没记错
Well, the initial idea was, if I recall correctly,
活动人士及异♥议♥人♥士♥使用的GPS阻断器
a GPS blocker for activists and dissidents,
我们找了好几个风投♥公♥♥司♥,但都被拒绝了
which we took to several VCs, all of whom passed.
所以你就买♥♥了下来
So then you bought it instead.
一个价值连城的创意,你用区区五万美元就买♥♥下了
A billion-dollar idea at a bargain price of 50 grand.
- 你是付了五万美元吗? -我从那个孵化器公♥司♥
- Is that what you paid? Fifty grand? - I bought quite a few ideas
买♥♥了不少创意
out of that incubator.
所有这些交易在当时都是符合行业标准的
All of those deals were, at the time, industry standard.
要说以前符合行业标准
Well, it also used to be industry standard
导演会在选角沙发上,跟女演员做♥爱♥,所以...
that a director would fuck an actress on a casting couch, so...
或者新闻主播的办公桌下有一个按钮,一按就能锁门
Or a news anchor might have a button underneath his desk to lock the door.
你是靠偷走别人的创意而致富的吗?
Are you rich because you stole someone else's idea?
我从没强迫任何人签任何合约
I never forced anybody to sign any contracts.
那些人是自愿卖♥♥创意给我
That person sold their idea on their own.
但你的确逼他们签保密协议,然后将一个发展中的创意
But you did make them sign an NDA and then took a progressive idea
转变成一个预测监管工具
and converted it into a predictive policing tool.
我们都了解保密协议的含义
Well, I mean, we both understand the concept of an NDA.
一个人胜利,另一个人就闭口无言
One person wins and the other person is silenced.
那么,利用这招对付年轻的大学生
So, is it fair to use them against young college students
在他们可能还涉世未深
when they might not be experienced enough
不理解自己所签署内容的含义时,这样公平吗?
to understand the implications of what they're signing?
听着,参与这次交易的人可都是成年人
Now, everybody involved in this transaction was an adult.
这个学生感觉不怎么好
Well, this student did not feel very good about it.
事实上,还患上了严重的抑郁症
And, in fact, suffered debilitating depression
并企图自杀
as well as a suicide attempt.
我很抱歉,我完全不知情
Well, I'm sorry. I had no idea.
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表