剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
说到你、我还有这段...
Speaking of, you and me and this whole--
对我们的形象不利,媒体不会喜欢
Terrible look. Press will not like it.
董事会也不会喜欢,所以在派对上,我们要保持友好
Neither will the board. So, at the party, we will be cordial.
保持友好
Friendly.
- 是,也别太友好 - 对,适量的友好
- Yes. Not too friendly. - No, appropriate amount of friendly.
对,要得体
Right, just appropriate.
对
Yeah.
- 过了?- 感觉像...
- Too much? - Feel like that's--
- 就一点点 - 太多了,好,我要走了...
- Just a tiny bit. - Too much. Okay. I'll go. I'll get going.
你好啊,风采依旧
Hey, there. Still works.
我之前在看你的证券交易委员会文件
I was looking through your SEC filings.
你很喜欢来点轻松的阅读嘛?你怎么想?
You love a bit of light reading, don't you? What'd you think?
我很惊讶你的内容库估值居然这么低
Surprised at how low your content library's valued.
- 你们的系列节目很棒 - 银行家就是这么操作
- You have very strong franchises. - Well, that's the way the bankers play it.
他们给内容库估值低,股东们才会欣喜若狂
They undervalue the library, so the shareholders are thrilled
因为保罗马科思为溢价买♥♥单
that Paul Marks is paying a premium.
你的生意都是障眼法,对吧?
Your business, it's all smoke and mirrors, isn't it?
媒体是政♥治♥的别名
Media is politics by another name.
我妈妈是个天才,你想赢选票的话,找她就行了
Mom is a genius. You wanna win votes, you talk to her.
我很高兴你能抽时间见我们
I'm happy that you made the time to see us.
我知道你在华盛顿有很多事要处理
I know that you've got a couple of things cooking in DC.
拜托,你知道我没什么事要忙
Please. You know I don't do much.
只做一点咨♥询♥而已
Just a little consulting.
你做的事要多得多
It's a lot more than that.
嘿,不如你带布莱德莉,参观一下你的办公室?
Hey, why don't you show Bradley your office?
天啊
Wow.
是的,我妈妈曾担任费拉罗的新闻秘书
Oh, yeah. Mom was Ferraro's press secretary.
真的吗?
Really?
我爱她,她最后变得有点古怪
I loved her. She got a little kooky towards the end,
但女人从政最后都会落得如此下场
but that's what happens when you're a woman in politics.
让她们都崩溃
It breaks everyone.
等你到了我这个年纪,就会明白,你已经走了多远
You'll see, when you get to my age, how far you've come
还有多远要走
and how far you have to go.
潮流如此强劲,你会怀疑自己是否在向前游
The current is so strong, you wonder if you're swimming forward at all.
蒙代尔费拉罗
The current is so strong, you wonder if you're swimming forward at all.
送你了,选举荣誉会员
There. Honorary campaign member.
你确定吗?她可是名垂千史的偶像
Are you sure? I mean, she's such an icon.
布莱德莉杰克森,你也是偶像
You're an icon, Bradley Jackson.
真正的女权主义者,科里招你入麾下是明智之举
True feminist. Cory was smart to bring you in.
我们都在为正义而战
Well, we're all fighting the good fight.
当你在电视直播中告诉全世界,你曾堕过胎时
It was a proud moment for women everywhere
这是一个让所有女人引以为傲的时刻
when you told the world on live TV that you had an abortion.
谢谢你这么说,玛莎
Thank you for saying that, Martha.
很多女人当初别无选择
So many of us didn't have a choice.
不是说我不爱我的儿子
Not that I don't love my boy...
但当初如果有的选就好了
but it would have been nice to have had a choice.
没关系,妈妈,我知道你可以对他人爱恨交织
It's okay, Mom. I know that you can hold both things in your heart.
说到你的辉煌事业,我想
Speaking of your illustrious career, I wanted to bend your ear
- 跟你说一件事 - 不...我不听
- about something-- - Oh, no, no. I'm not listening.
吃完饭后再说工作的事吧
No more business till after we eat.
我买♥♥了几只龙虾
I bought some lobster.
天啊,谢谢
Wow. Thank you.
是啊,我不确定有没有时间吃晚饭
Yeah, I'm not sure we're gonna have time to have a meal.
只是因为我必须回去播新闻
Only because I have to do the news.
明白了
I see.
短暂探望我一下
A short visit.
那我们就好好利用这段时间吧
Well, we'll just have to make the best of the time we have.
我失陪一下,请见谅
Will you excuse me for a moment?
你为何要那样说?
Why'd you do that?
薪水呢?这对《财富》500强的,首席执行官来说可够少的
What about the money? It's low for a Fortune 500 CEO.
我对股票福利也不满意,但实际上你并没有开价
I could quibble with the stock package, but the fact is, you have no quotes,
基本工资加上奖金是每年一千四百万美元
and the base plus the bonus comes to 14 million a year.
我感觉我在《迷离境界》
I feel like I'm in The Twilight Zone.
就好像这不会真的实现吧?这不正常
Like, this doesn't happen, right? This isn't normal.
- 这是一个千载难逢的机会 - 你觉得我应该接受?
- It is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. - And you think I should take it?
我觉得这是你一直努力的目标
I think it's what you've been working towards.
而且你总是领先别人一步
And you've always been ahead of the curve.
给我讲解一下每一个步骤,如果我答应,接下来要怎样?
Walk me through the timeline. If I say yes, what happens next?
我们在周末前做出还价
We counter by the end of the week.
不会狮子大开口,但有几个方面可以改进
Nothing excessive, but there are a few places to come up.
我们需要建立一些保护机制
And there are some protections that we'd need to build in.
然后他们会开始暗中制定科里的离职方案
And then they would quietly start to put together Cory's exit package,
你则要决定UBA里谁走谁留
and you would decide who at UBA would stay and who to replace.
但要一切都尘埃落定我们才能公布
But we don't announce until everything is ironclad.
好,但如果我签了合同后,交易泡汤了怎么办?
Right. What if I sign and the deal falls apart?
理想情况下,不会有人知道这份工作要约
Ideally, no one ever knows there was even an offer.
好吧,但如果被人发现了怎么办?,要是科里发现了怎么办?
Okay, but what if someone finds out? What if Cory finds out?
那UBA的情况将会相当棘手
Things would become untenable at UBA.
但我们会给你找个安全的落脚地
But we'd find a safe place for you to land.
所以说,要么科里走人,要么我走人
So either Cory goes, or I do.
嘿,妈妈,不如你上来和我们待一会儿?
Hey, Mom, why don't you come up and join us?
不了吧,告诉布莱德莉我不舒服
I don't think I will. Tell Bradley I'm not feeling well.
你们俩都不想待在这儿
She doesn't want to be here, and neither do you.
完全没这回事
That is absolutely not true.
我真的很感谢你,让我们来看你,布莱德莉也是
I really appreciate you having us over, and so does Bradley.
你还记得你上次来看我是什么时候吗?
Do you remember the last time you came to visit me?
我知道已经过了很久了
I know that it's been a while.
当时疫情刚刚爆发几个月,我的朋友托马斯死了
It was a few months into the pandemic. My friend Thomas died,
你来看我,我们一起玩多米诺骨牌、听雨声
and you came by, and we played dominoes and listened to the rain.
那真是美好的一夜,它帮我度过了一段困难时期
That was such a nice night. It helped me through a difficult time.
嘿,对不起,妈妈,我最近忙得不可开交
Hey, I'm sorry, Mom. I've been really busy.
我知道这不是没来看你的借口,但这是事实
I know that's not an excuse, but it's true.
我们当然可以留下,好吗?,我们早点吃晚饭
And of course we can stay, okay? We'll have an early dinner.
- 好的 - 太好了,那我去厨房♥准备一下
- All right. - Great. I'll get started in the kitchen.
真奇怪,你现在看起来就像你父亲
It's strange. You look just like your father right now.
他就是你这个年纪离开我们的
You're about the same age he was when he left us.
我们要留下来吃晚饭
We're staying for dinner.
什么?不行,你说要速去速回的,我没时间吃晚饭
What? No. You said in and out. I don't have time for this.
- 布莱德莉,这很重要,明白?- 不,我没必要留下
- Bradley, this is important, okay? - No. You don't need me here.
- 这就是普通的探望老妈 - 我们吃完晚饭就走
- This is garden-variety mom shit. - We will leave right after dinner.
我得回去,我先给盖尔发短♥信♥,告诉她我会迟到
I gotta get back. I'm gonna text Gayle and tell her I'm gonna be late.
别担心晚间新闻
Don't worry about the evening news.
什么?你知道我妈曾吸冰♥毒♥
What? You know, my mom went through a meth phase,
她会从我钱包里偷钱去买♥♥毒品吗?
where she stole money from my wallet and shit?
你妈妈看起来很正常,而且她在乎你
Your mom actually seems sane, and she cares about you.
我给盖尔发了电邮,乔什今晚会帮你代班
I emailed Gayle. Josh is gonna cover evening for you.
你不能这样做,那...这是我的工作
You can't do that. That's-- This is my job.
嘿,而我是你的老板
Hey, and I'm your boss.
如果有意见,你可以明天向人力资源部投诉我
If you've got a problem with it, you can talk to HR tomorrow.
现在,冰箱里有一瓶酒
In the meantime, there's a bottle of wine in the fridge.
不如你去打开它,好吗?
Why don't you open it, okay?
我可以给你和克里斯带百吉饼
我以为你是我见不得人的小秘密
- 艾丽克丝,你要... - 好,抱歉,好的
- Alex, just-- - Yep. Sorry. Yes.
我都好久没参加这种活动了
I haven't been to one of these things in forever.
这个派对会很好玩
This is gonna be a fun one.
为时装学院筹集一百万美元
Raise a million dollars for the Fashion Institute.
而且还是很好的拍照机会,对吧?
And it's a good photo op, right?
保罗马科思和UBA的新闻主播们
Paul Marks and UBA's news anchors,
向全世界展示我们对这笔交易有多兴奋
showing the world how excited we are about this deal.
- 有人听起来可不太兴奋 - 是,我不知道
- Someone doesn't sound that excited. - Yeah, I don't know.
有研究表明,权力实际上会改变大脑
There are studies that show power, it actually changes the brain.
它抹杀了人的同理心
It erases the ability to empathize.
这让我想知道保罗马科思到底图什么?
It makes me wonder, what does Paul Marks really care about?
我...听着,你今晚和他聊聊
I-- Listen, just talk to him tonight.
看看你怎么想,我觉得他还算有趣
See what you think. I think he's kind of interesting.
是啊,不过我有点紧张
Yeah, I'm a little nervous, though.
- 为什么?因为要走红毯?- 是的
- Why? Because of the carpet? - Yeah.
采访吗?那些人?狗仔们?
Interviews? Those people? The vultures?
让他们见鬼吧
S-- Fuck 'em.
- 然他们去死... - 让他们去死吧
- Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em. - Fuck 'em.
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表