剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
And it'll start with a dialogue between UBA employees and the board.
从现在起 你们都能在每一场董事会议上发言
From now on, you all will have a voice at every single board meeting.
开诚布公的时候到了
Now is the time for transparency.
很高兴听你这样说 真的
That's great to hear, truly.
为了开诚布公起见
In the interest of transparency,
因为我是黑人 才被聘为永久主播的吗?
was I hired for a permanent anchor position because I am Black?
当然不是 才不是
Obviously not. No.
但你能了解我的困惑吧?
But you see my confusion, right?
因为你说了一句拙劣的种族主义言论
Because you used a clumsy racist comment
抱怨聘用我的决策
to complain about my hiring.
你是认为我不够资格吗?
Did you think I wasn't qualified, was that it?
其实在那个时候
Well, now in point of fact, at that time,
我不认为你够资格
I did not believe you were qualified.
让我换个说法 你当时没有被考核过
Let me rephrase. You were untested.
这可不完全正确
Well, that's not exactly true.
你知道我曾接受实播测试
Were you aware that I was cue tested
次数远多于这个节目的任何主播吗?
more than any other person who has ever anchored this show?
你知道我还得参加八场不同的审批会议
That I had to have eight different approval meetings
以及关于我头发的策略性讨论吗?
in addition to the strategy discussions about my hair?
我并不知道
I was unaware.
而且我依然能抽出时间
And I still found time to spend weekends with four former anchors,
跟四位前任主播共度周末 磨练我的直播技巧
developing my on-air skills.
那...太厉害了 非常令人敬佩
Well, now that-that is impressive. That's very admirable.
除此以外 我不明白 你为何在讨论我的时候
That aside, I don't understand why you used
用种族歧视的形象
a racialized image when discussing me.
你是那样看待我吗?
Is that how you see me?
你是那样看待有色人种的吗?
Is that how you see us?
你希望整个职业生涯 毁于在电邮里写的一句
Would you want your entire career reduced to one unthinking,
不经大脑的愚蠢评论吗?
bone-headed thing you said in an email?
你从没说过任何...
Haven't you ever said anything that later you came to regret
脱口而出、之后感到后悔的话吗?
when speaking casually?
你是这个电视网的领导者
You're in a leadership position at this network.
在你的眼皮下
And on your watch,
你任由有色员工的价值系统地被贬低
you let employees of color be systematically devalued.
你能等闲视之吗?
Is that something to be casual about?
唐尼 叫摄影师给西比尔特写
Donny, tell the camera to push in on Cybil,
- 近到让我能看见她的毛孔 - 我们应该要进广♥告♥了
- and keep pushing until I see her pores. - We're supposed to break.
- 你要我切... - 不...
- You want me to cut-- - No. No.
好 2号♥机拍特写 再近一点
Okay. Camera two, push in. Closer.
不能
No.
我太轻率了 没有借口
I was careless, and there isn't any excuse.
但你必须了解
But you have to understand.
我们不会轻易把这个机会给任何人
We don't just give this opportunity to anyone.
任何能坐上那张椅子的人必须心怀感恩
Anyone who sits in that chair has to be grateful--
我应该...
I sh--
好戏来了
There it is.
我应该心怀感恩?
I should be grateful?
你的这个职位竞争异常激烈
Well, that your job is so very hard to get.
我要说 UBA身为一个机构
I want to say, as for UBA as an institution,
若想往前走 我们就...
going forward, I think we've--
我们应该摆脱这种利用种族搞分♥裂♥的风气
We should move on from this climate where racial divisions are exploited.
但这风气无处不在 对吧?
But that's every climate though, wouldn't you say?
该死
Shit.
但是 对 我们会摆脱体制化的种族主义
But yes, we will move on from institutional racism
就在广♥告♥之后
right after this break.
别走开
Keep it here.
录制完毕 天啊
And we're out. Wow.
那是...
Is that...
好 当然...
Right. Of course, of course.
- 准备好了吗?- 谢谢
- Ready? - Thank you.
天啊
Oh, my God.
我们走吧
Let's go.
真是一败涂地
That was a crash and burn.
米娅 科里找你
Mia, it's Cory.
- 什么?真的吗?- 我接 没关系
- What? Seriously? - I'll take it. It's fine.
科里 要我做什么?
What can I do for you, Cory?
我只想说恭喜播出那么精彩的单元
Well, I just wanna say congrats on that great segment.
顺便说一句 我们会承担延迟进广♥告♥的成本
And by the way, we'll eat the cost of delaying that break.
我会在广♥告♥招商会补偿广♥告♥商
I'll make it up to the advertisers at upfronts.
好 没问题
Yeah, I have no doubt.
收视率出来之后告诉我
Just let me know when those ratings numbers come in.
蕾拉 你不去恭喜克里斯 主持了一个精彩的单元吗?
Layla, aren't you gonna congratulate Chris on a great segment?
我?为何?
Me? Why?
这是主播制♥作♥人的工作 去吧
That's what anchor producers do. Now get going.
你不是认真的吧?
You're not serious.
这个职位早该是你的
It's long overdue.
去吧
Go.
- 你得到这份工作了 - 恭喜
- You got it. Congratulations. - Congratulations.
各位
Folks,
天底下有火车出轨的灾难 还有《The Morning Show》上更大的灾难
there are train wrecks and then there's whatever that was on The Morning Show.
西比尔雷诺兹不仅插手 还自掘坟墓
Cybil Reynolds didn't just step in it, she danced a foxtrot.
鉴于此 现在进行不信任投票
With that, I call our vote of no confidence to order.
赞成的人请举手
All those in favor, please raise your hand.
凯尔 立刻帮我联♥系♥到保罗马科思
Kyle, get me Paul Marks now.
我不在乎他是否回到那个火箭上了
And I don't care if he's back on that rocket,
也不在乎那个火箭是否已经抵达木星
and I don't care if that rocket has reached Jupiter.
你要替我安排去木星的交通工具
You will charter me transport to Jupiter.
你要替我叫彗星特快车 随便什么都行
You'll get me an UberComet, whatever the hell that is.
我的助理朋友说他在苏荷区
My friends in the assistant mafia say he's in SoHo.
那里比较近
Well, that's closer.
好 我去安排司机
Yeah, I'll get the driver.
嘿 很感谢你来
Hey, thank you so much for coming.
祝今晚愉快
Well, enjoy your evening.
- 科里 - 阿曼达
- Cory. - Amanda.
你步步生风啊
You got some pep in your step.
是不是因为你在棺材里 躺了一整天之后精力充沛?
Recharged after sleeping in your coffin all day?
你和你的职业套装从不让我失望
You and your power suit never disappoint.
这是私人活动
This event is private.
你全新的保镖造型 让我耳目一新 但保罗在等我
While I'm intrigued by your new bouncer cosplay, but Paul's expecting me.
若他在等你 我会知道
If he were expecting you, I'd know about it.
我知道保罗付钱给你当看门狗 但别干扰我做事 阿曼达
I know that you're paid to be Paul's guard dog, but don't toy with me, Amanda.
我不是指尖陀螺
I'm not a fidget spinner.
- 科里 - 保罗 很高兴见到你
- Cory. - Nice to see you, Paul.
- 他跟我约了见面吗?- 没有
- Do we have something on the books? - No.
西比尔下台了 我们拿到票数了 绊脚石被清除了
Cybil's out. We got the votes. Path is clear.
- 这里交给我吧 - 没问题
- I'll take it from here. - Copy.
科里 听着 感谢你来一趟
Look, Cory, I appreciate you coming by,
但这个交易有必要这么艰难吗?
but does this-this deal have to be this hard?
你是说你靠简单的交易就走到了今天吗?
Are you telling me you got to where you are by doing easy deals?
我想买♥♥下一间传统媒体公♥司♥
I wanted to buy a legacy media company.
传统媒体的意思是品牌安全 UBA不再安全了 根本是一场闹剧
Legacy media means brand safety. UBA is no longer safe. It's a shit show.
保罗 UBA再度攀登收视冠军
UBA is number one again, Paul.
对 任何一场车祸都会吸引很多人的目光
Yeah, well, any car crash is gonna gather a lot of eyeballs.
但车祸的问题是它们是灾难
But here's the thing about car crashes. They're fuck ups.
它们是错误、是意外
They're mistakes. They're accidents.
而我知道你把你的灾难当成机会
And I know you look at your fuck ups as opportunities,
但奉劝你一句话
but I got an idea for you.
或许一开始就别搞砸
Maybe you don't fuck up in the first place.
你把目标转向谁?
Where else are you gonna go?
NBN吗?你正在里面跟他们开会吗?
NBN, is that who you're meeting with in there?
我有几个选项 UBA已经出局了
I have options. UBA, no longer one of them.
谢谢你来一趟
Thanks for coming by.
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表