剧集 | 49号旅舍 | 导航列表
You know, everyone has doubts.
关于任何事 总是如此
About everything. Always.
没错 只有质疑是真实存在的
That's right. Doubt is the only real thing.
我们的感官会撒谎
Our senses lie.
你怎么知道你并不只是存在于一缸粘稠物中
I mean, how do you know you're not just a brain
一个被♥操♥纵的大脑
in a vat of goo, being manipulated?
有道理
Right.
只是蒂姆让我抓狂
It's just that Tim drives me insane.
比如说 他忘记向婚礼场地付定金
Like, he forgot to put down a deposit on the venue,
现在我们只能在最差劲的地方结婚
and now we're getting married in the crappiest place ever.
一个人怎么会既因循守旧又无能呢
How can someone be both uptight and incompetent?
我只是...我只是不知道他是不是...
I just... I just don't know if he's...
达德现在还好吗
How's Dud?
他很好
Good, good. Yeah.
他被鲨鱼袭击了
He did get attacked by a shark.
我以为是条蛇呢
Oh. I thought it was a snake.
是的 我是说 先被蛇咬
Yes, no, I mean, there was a snake,
然后又被鲨鱼袭击
but then there was a shark.
天呐 他没事吧
Oh, God. Is he okay?
我觉得他没事
Yeah. I think so.
他正准备去墨西哥探求些...什么东西
He's on his way to Mexico on some... quest.
你哥他...总是那么毫无顾忌 想一出是一出
Your brother... he's just so carefree and spontaneous.
我一直都很欣赏他这一点
I always really loved that about him.
而且他很高
And he's tall.
比蒂姆高多了
He's way taller than Tim.
我只是不想落后于人
Ugh! I just don't want to get left behind.
我所有的朋友都结婚怀孕了
All my friends are married and pregnant.
我还会想起我妈在我们这个年纪时
And... And I think about my mom at our age.
她已经结婚并育有三个孩子了
You know, she was already married and had three kids.
你妈30岁时在做什么
What was your mom doing at 30?
我妈那时已经不在了
My mom was dead.
天 对喔
Oh, God, that's right.
你刚才说我们的感官会撒谎是什么意思
Hey, what did you mean, that our senses lie?
我们住在笛卡尔牢笼中
We live in a Cartesian cage.
-这些是什么人 -他们是我的生意伙伴
- Who are those people? - Oh, uh, those are my associates.
我正在试着促成一桩交易
Yeah. I'm sort of brokering a deal right now, you know,
数字货币 古董
cryptocurrency, antiquities,
这类的...我得专注 爱丽丝 抱歉
all kinds of other... I got to focus, Alice. Sorry.
-好的 -那么 你为谁工作
- Alright. - So, um, who do you work for?
我不能告诉你们
I can't tell you that.
达德说你知道如何找到那位古董商
Dud says you know how to get to the antiquarian.
他在哪儿
Where is he?
我才不告诉你
I'm not telling you.
我的天 这气氛也太紧张了
Oh, my God, this is so intense.
听着 我们怎么知道到了墨西哥以后
Look, h-how do we know when we get down to Mexico,
她不会带着卷轴跑掉
she won't run off with the scrolls?
因为卷轴对我来说一文不值
Because the scrolls are worthless junk.
我只需要拍几张照片 然后卷轴就归你们
I just need a couple of pictures, and then they're all yours.
二位 听我说好吗
Okay, guys, guys, let's focus, okay?
我在信笺簿上拟了份合同
I-I wrote up a contract, right, on a legal pad.
达芙妮 是这样 我们有你需要的信息
Okay, Daphne, now, we have info you want...
古董商的所在 对吧
the location of the antiquarian, right?
你有我们想要的东西...钱
You have something we want... money.
所以我们会把你带到墨西哥
Okay, so, we drive you down to Mexico, you know,
拿到卷轴
and get the scrolls,
然后让你拍张照
and then let you take, like, a photo
或是别的什么你需要做的
or whatever it is that you want,
然后你给我们一笔可观的分成
and then you cut us in for, like, a fair amount.
我没意见
I can live with that.
-好吧 -就这么定了
- Okay. - Alright!
我就是不懂这个比特币到底是什么玩意
I just don't get what this Bitcoin thing is all about.
它基本上是一种去中心化的
Ohh. Well, it's basically a decentralized,
点对点的银行网络...
peer-to-peer banking network of...
好了 咱先...咱先打住这个话题
Right. Okay, just let... just let me cut you off there.
听着 知道太多对你不好 明白吗
Look, um, look, you don't want to get in the weeds on this, okay?
相信我 你只需要知道
Trust me. All you need to know is
她会从卷轴上得到一串代码
that she gets a code off the scrolls
然后把这串代码输进电脑
and then you put into, like, a computer
我们就能拿到钱
and then we get money.
-好吧 -好的
- Okay. - Okay.
达芙妮 我们将要在一辆车里待上35个小时
So, Daphne, uh, we're about to spend 35 hours in a van together,
请简单地向我们介绍下你自己
so tell us a little bit about yourself.
好吧
Okay.
我来自富勒顿
I'm from Fullerton.
我有点喜欢烘焙...
I enjoy baking a little...
-但并不真心喜欢 -不是这个意思
- but not really. - No, no, no.
告诉我们些真实的东西
Tell us something real or something...
作为一个人 你是谁
Who are you as a human being?
你有没有任何愿望 梦想 这之类的
I mean, do you have hopes, dreams, and shit like that?
我...我曾有过
Well, I... I used to.
我曾经想当一名历史学家
I wanted to be a historian.
我有三个硕士学位 但还是找不到工作
I have three master's degrees, but I can't get a job.
过去15年间我一直都是兼♥职♥教授
I've been an Adjunct Professor for the past 15 years.
教授 那很棒啊
A professor. That's amazing!
你知道"兼♥职♥"的意思吗
Do you know what "adjunct" means?
-并不 -我想也是
- No. - No. Yeah.
意思就是我整个成人阶段
It basically means that I've been sleeping
基本都是睡在沙发床上
on a futon my entire adult life.
我吃了太多泡面以至于骨头都成了空心的
I've eaten so much ramen that my bones are hollow,
我有次只能在楼梯上进行师生答疑
I once had to do my office hours in a stairwell,
并且我欠了25万的债
and I am $250,000 in debt.
你应该和我妹妹聊聊
You should talk to my sister
她有一套系统...
'cause she's got some kind of system...
其实我很爱教学
I mean, I love teaching.
我也爱我的学生们
I love my students.
但是 学校的待遇完全不够
But, you know, the university just makes it impossible
支撑我...活下去
for me to... to live.
也许我们应该找个法律权威来看下
Yeah. Maybe we should have a legal authority look
这份合同 好吗
at this contract, okay?
-是啊 -好的
- Yeah. - Okay.
你的字也太丑了
Your penmanship is terrible.
伯特 我现在不需要你的嘲讽
I don't need your judgement now, Burt.
我只需要你在合同上盖个章
I just need you to stamp the doc.
你怎么认识艾弗里的
How do you know Avery?
我们在网上认识的
We met online.
秘教聊天室里
Esoterica chat rooms.
话题标签"伏尼契手稿" 这类的
Hashtag #VoynichManuscripts, et cetera.
但我当时对山猫会一无所知
But, uh, I didn't know anything about the Lynx
直到我们交流了各自所知
until we pooled our knowledge.
你是哪个分部的成员吗
Are you a member anywhere?
我不是
Oh, no.
你应该加入的 很好玩
You should join. It's a lot of fun.
-没错 -是吗
- Yeah. - Yeah?
我需要你们三位在此签名
I need signatures from all of you.
我不喜欢向别人透露我的真实姓名
I don't like people knowing my real name.
我也是
Me neither.
我才不管你们要如何签字
I don't care how you sign.
我的公♥证♥费是一百块钱
100 bucks for my notary services.
我没钱
I'm broke.
雇我的人
Uh, yeah, the people that I worked for
克扣了我的食宿津贴
sort of cheaped out on my per diem.
我的现金流也不是很充裕
Yeah, my cash flow is kind of limited right now.
这样啊
Yeah.
伯特 你能不能把费用...
Burt, could you, uh, roll your...
算到我的鲨鱼借贷里面呢
your fee into the interest of my shark loan?
如你所愿
If that's what you want.
太好了 好吧
Great. Alright.
好吧
Okay.
现在我们只需要筹备一下资金
Now we just need to lock down some financing,
你知道 为了这趟旅行
you know, for the trip.
我觉得我能帮上忙
剧集 | 49号旅舍 | 导航列表