剧集 | 追寻人生(2014) | 导航列表
Man, I told you you'd get a book deal out of this.
我说过你会写本书来解决这些事
Well I don't have one yet, but Book Smart showed interest in my proposal,
现在我还没有 但是Book Smart对我的方案很感兴趣
so I'm hoping to meet someone that works there.
我希望能碰见在这儿工作的人
Have you met Gwen Johnson?
你看见Gwen Johnson了吗?
The president? Yeah, right. I wish.
那个董事长? 嗯 希望我能碰见
Well, she's here.
她来了
She's in my Krav Maga class.
她也是我马伽术班的
Or, she was before I skipped two levels.
在我跳两级之前是我一个班的
My teacher said that he's never seen more natural talent
我老师说他从没见过没上过战场的人里面
from someone who's never been in actual military combat.
有她这么有天赋的
Wow. You wanna meet her?
哇哦 你想见她吗?
I can introduce you.
我给你给你介绍
Are you kidding?
你在开玩笑吗?
Do I seem like a funny person to you?
我看起来像开玩笑的人吗?
You know, I'm no fashion expert,
你知道 虽然我不是时尚专家
but that dress looks done to me.
但是这条裙子看起来已经完成了
Cheers.
干杯
Thank you, but if I drink that,
谢谢你 但是如果我喝了这杯
I am going to immediately pass out.
马上就会晕过去的
And that was not the desired effect.
而这并不是想要的结果
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm just kind of panicking about my job.
我只是对我的工作有点恐慌
But you did so good with your first order.
但你第一份订单完成的很好啊
That was one dress. And look at me.
那只是一条裙子 看看我
I mean, if making one dress is that taxing,
如果做一条裙子费力的话
then how in the hell am I going to make this a full-time business
我要怎么一个人完成这个
all by myself?
该死的全职工作?
What was I thinking leaving Jaclyn?
我要不要考虑离开Jaclyn?
You were being smart.
你变机智了
I just feel like I did this way before I was ready.
我觉得我准备好之前不能这样做
You are ready.
你已经准备好了
And, look, even if you're not, sometimes...
就算你没有 有的时候...
Sometimes it's a good thing to jump in without a life vest
有时脱下救生衣跳进水里也是好事
and figure it out later.
然后之后才发现不错
I don't know about that,
我不知道这个
because I am drowning right now.
因为我现在快溺水了
God, I should never have let you talk me into this.
天啊 我真不应该让你和我谈这个
I mean, it's not like you just jumped in without a life vest.
这不只是你脱下救生衣跳下水
You're a pharmaceutical rep.
你是个制药学代表
Okay, my job might seem safe to you,
好吧 我的工作对你来说很安逸
but I actually did take risks to make it happen.
但我也是冒着风险才得到这份工作的
None of my family went to college
我家人都没上过大学
and they couldn't pay for it.
他们付不起学费
I took out a loan myself and did a two year program
我给自己贷了款还做了两年的计划
because it's all I could afford.
因为这是我唯一能负担得起的
And now I'm really proud of the work that I do.
现在我为我的工作自豪
In part because of how I got here.
在某种程度上 这也是我能走到现在的原因
You're not gonna stay over?
你不打算留下了吗?
Well, I just...
额 我…
I feel like I'm not helping you here.
我觉得我在这里没帮到你忙
So let's just talk tomorrow, okay?
我们明天再聊 好吗?
She was our head reporter on the Bruce Hendrie campaign,
在Bruce Hendrie大学她是我们的记者头头
and April worked with us until last fall
April和我们一起工作到上个秋天
when she had to leave for health reasons.
直到因为身体原因必须离开我们
Now she's writing a memoir that I hope to play a significant role in.
我希望能在她现在写的回忆录里充当个重要角色
Oh, you will definitely be in it.
你肯定会的
I actually sent my proposal to Book Smart. Maybe you read it?
实际上我把我的方案寄给Book Smart了 也许你看过?
Oh, Gwen's too high ranking to read proposals.
以Gwen的地位才不需要看方案呢
Well, wait a minute. I read some of them.
等等 我看过一点点
Um, what's it called?
额 叫什么名字?
Chasing Life.
追寻人生
Hmm. Well, titles can be changed.
好吧 标题可以改
It's a reference to something my dad wrote,
这个参照了我爸写一些的东西
and it applies to my life,since I'm living with cancer now.
和我的人生一样 因为我现在和癌症一起生活
So I kind of reclaimed it.
我也算回收再利用了一下癌症
Oh, the cancer memoir.
哦哦 那个癌症的回忆录
I read your proposal.That was very entertaining.
我看了你的方案 非常有趣
Wow, thank you.
谢谢你
Yeah, I wanted to give it some levity so it wasn't too depressing.
我想要给它一点起伏让它不会那么压抑
Oh, no, no, no. That was not depressing at all.
不不 完全不会令人压抑
As a matter of fact, the chapter where
事实上 那个章节
you thought your skin cancer was herpes at first.
一开始你以为你的皮肤癌是疱疹
Ha! Now that had me laughing out loud.
哈哈! 这个笑到我了
That's actually not... That one's not my book.
实际上 那不是... 那不是我的书
Oh, but your book is about cancer, too?
额 但你的书也是关于癌症的 是吗?
Who's your agent?
谁是你的经纪人?
Calvin Roth.
Calvin Roth
Mmm.
额
Uh, April, why don't you send me what you have.
April 你干嘛不把你的东西给我呢
I'll make sure Gwen gets it.
我保证Gwen会拿到的
Thanks, Raquel.
谢谢你 Raquel
Pleasure to meet you. Good luck with everything.
很高兴见到你 祝一切都好
Brenna come down. Finn‘s here.
Brenna下楼来 Finn来了
Oh!
哦!
Okay, hold on. Stay. Stay.Wait, wait, wait. Wait.
镇定 保持 保持 等等等
Stay on the stairs. I want to get a picture of you coming down.
站在楼梯上 我给你拍个下楼梯的照片
No, no, no, no, no, no.
不 不 不 不
That's such a bad angle.
这角度太烂了
No one looks good from underneath.
往下拍谁都不好看
Well, Brenna does.
不 Brenna就很好看啊
No... no... not that I've seen her from underneath that much.
不...不是我从很多角度都看过她
I'm just saying she looks good from all angles. I...
我只是说她任何角度都很美…
Not that I've seen her from all angles.
不是她的任何角度我都看过
I'm just saying, you know, at school, I...
我想说 在学校...
Finn, it's okay. I'm not that kind of mom.
Finn 没事的 我不是那种妈妈
But I'm not not that kind of mom. Just...
但我也不是那种那种妈 就是...
Yes, thank you. We will behave.
好的 谢啦 我们会行为端正一点的
I'm continuing down the stairs now.
我现在要继续下楼梯了
Oh, um, uh, here's this...
嗯 这里是...
Flower bracelet thing.
花做成的镯子
Corsage. Yeah.
胸花 - 是的
Oh, look who is getting into the spirit.
哇哦 看看谁这么精神
I told you cheesy milestones could be fun.
我告诉过你们干酪里程碑会很好玩的
Embracing the cheese, you know?
拥抱奶酪吧 你知道的?
If you're gonna go for it, go big or go home.
如果你想要做的话 要么做大一点 要么回家
That's right.
对的
Oh. Oh, how sweet.
喔 喔 多甜啊
Boop.
砰
So, did you lock it up with the publisher?
你和出版商谈好了吗?
No. Probably not.
不 应该没有
I mean, she has a compelling reason to pick the flashier book
她有强大的理由选那些闪闪发光的书
and I just don't know that it'll be mine.
我不知道那会不会是我的书
But you know what?
但是你知道吗?
I tried.
我努力过了
Raquel even helped, weirdly. That's not weird.
甚至Rqquel也帮忙了 用奇怪的方式 这太奇怪了
The Post isn't as cut-throat as it used to be.
邮政不像以前那么无语了
Raquel's way less hostile.
Raquel完全没那么敌对了
I'm like 20 percent less attracted to her now.
我现在感觉对她又少了20%的好感
Well, she's probably realizing that old school journalism
好吧 她可能明白那种老学校新闻业
is losing it's power and we all need to stick together.
渐渐没用了 我们得团结起来
Which isn't so easy when there's a new person getting fired every day.
并不是很简单 尤其是每天总有新的人被辞退
Or quitting.
或者辞职
Everyone's trying to get out, even me.
每个人都想出去 包括我
Well, you have your book though, right?
好吧 你还有你的书对不对?
It didn't sell.
卖♥♥不出去啊
Even after I added this whole subplot with sexual roleplay...
我连性场景这种次要情节都加上去了都没用
I don't know that I need the details.
我不觉得我需要这些细节
Now I'm trying to come up with a backup plan.
我现在在试着想一个备用方案
Maybe I can invent something.
也许我能创造什么东西
Ooh, any ideas?
喔喔 有什么想法吗?
剧集 | 追寻人生(2014) | 导航列表