剧集 | 追寻人生(2014) | 导航列表
is teaching a seminar here, and I thought I could ask him a couple of questions.
在这里教一个研讨班 我想我可以问他几个问题
But when I went to talk to him, I couldn't get any face time, so I have to meet him
但是我去找他 没有得到面对面的时间 所以我不得不
at the hotel bar later. Okay, so our trip to Providence
在酒店的酒吧见他 所以 我们来Providence的旅程的目的
is actually about you trying to track down one of your dad's old friends?
其实是你想要找到你♥爸♥爸的旧友?
Look, this book... There is a part that is exactly like
这本书 这里有一部分完全就是
the time that I told my dad I wanted to be a novelist just like he was,
当我告诉我爸我想要当一个小说家
and instead he suggested I go into journalism.
他就像小说里一样建议我当一个记者
You think your dad's old friend can tell you... ?
你觉得你♥爸♥的朋友会告诉你…
I don't know. With the wedding coming up,
我不知道 随着婚礼的逼近
I've been thinking a lot about my dad lately,
我最近一直想到我爸爸
And reading this book has been really eye-opening.
读这本书真的是让我大开眼界
The narrator is this narcissistic anti-hero,
故事的讲述者完全是自我崇拜的反英雄主义者
but he's also a lot like my dad, so now I'm like,
但是他超级像我爸 我现在在想
was my dad this bad in real life as this narrator is?
我爸是不是真的像这个人一样坏
And if that one scene was ripped directly from my life,
这一幕是不是直接从我的生活照搬过来的
is everything else in the book true?
书里面的其他一切是不是真的?
Did my dad plan his own death? Was he a spy?
我爸是不是真的计划了他的死亡?他是不是真的是间谍?
I have no idea!
我不知道!
I'm sorry. Why didn't you just tell me that?
对不起 为什么你不直接告诉我?
We're getting married. We're supposed to be able to talk to each other.
我们就要结婚了 我们应该向对方袒露内心
I didn't want to burden you with my crazy family stuff.
我不想让我疯狂的家庭这些繁琐事儿烦扰你
But your family stuff is gonna be my family stuff.
但是你的家庭琐事也要成为我的家庭琐事了
And while I might not understand everything about marriage,
尽管我可能不能完全理解婚姻
I think you're supposed to be able to tell anything to your spouse,
但是我认为你应该能够和你的配偶倾诉
which is obviously...
很明显...
Something that we're not good at, because...
有些事儿我们不擅长 因为...
I mean, come on, us trying to...
我的意思是 起码 我们努力着
Take that questionnaire seriously was a disaster.
做那个调查真的是个灾难
Okay, you can't just blame me for that, though.
好吧 然而你不能把那件事儿全怪在我身上
You couldn't even answer what your greatest dream is.
你甚至不能回答把你最大的理想是什么
I thought we were a couple who shares. Like you...
我认为我们是可以互相分享的夫妻 就像你
Like you honestly shared with me your most terrible memory?
难道你诚实地告诉我你最糟糕的记忆是什么了吗?
Hey, I told you exactly... Oh, please, I don't believe that.
嘿 我准确告诉你了... 噢 我才不信那一套...
There has to be something...
一定有事儿...
Okay, fine! You want to know what my most terrible memory is?
好!你想知道我最糟糕的记忆?
It's the time I got super drunk and slept with my best friend's girlfriend.
那就是我喝断片了然后睡了我最好的朋友的女人
Happy?
高兴了吧?
Where are you going? Last time I checked,
你要去哪儿? 就像刚才所说
we don't have to tell each other everything.
我们不必告诉对方所有事儿
Try to alter it,
尽量改造一下
but it's just too... nice.
但是这衣服也太...好看了
It was very trendy in the '80s,
这在八十年代很流行的
but I guess you had to be there.
但是我认为你不得不把它改好
Don't even get me started on the shoulder pads.
千万别让我从肩膀上那团东西开始
I mean, what kind of a psychopath thought that that was a good idea?
我意思是 哪种精神病才会认为(肩膀的设计)是个好主意?
I'm sorry my dress made you so angry.
抱歉我的裙子让你这么愤怒
It's not just about the dress. I mean...
不完全因为裙子 我的意思是...
Just... I'm never gonna find a date to April's wedding.
额...我还没找到一个约会对象去April的聚会
Oh. Well, if it's any consolation,
哦 好吧 如果这也算安慰的话
I'm going solo to the wedding, too.
我也得自己孤零零的去婚礼了
I'm so tired of all these awful dates
我对这种糟糕的约会已经累觉不爱了
with all these awful men!
和这些糟糕的男人!
That's it. I give up.
就这样吧 我放弃了
Or maybe you just need a night off from being on.
或许我们需要歇一晚上
I'm heading over to the Charles in a little bit.
我一会儿要去Charles(时尚品牌)一会
I ran into an old friend. He invited me to...
我偶然碰到了一个老朋友 他邀请我去...
I'm over guys. No, no, he's gay.
别再提男人了 不 他是基佬
They're all gay. It's a gay men's running club meet-up.
他们都是基佬 那是个基佬奔跑俱乐部聚会
Well, I am somewhat of a gay icon.
好吧 我多少也算个同志明星
Okay. Yeah, let's do it.
好的 耶 就这么做
High five for us not having to shave our legs.
击一下掌庆祝我们不用岔开我们的双腿
Yes. Great. Oh my god!
好 太他喵的好了
I wanna be Catherine Keener when I grow up.
当我大一些的的时候我想成为Catherine Keener(演员)
Oh man, totally.
噢 天哪
She is the best actress in the world,
她是世界上最棒的女演员
and so amazing in all of Nicole's movies.
在所有Nicole的电影中都是那么惊艳
It's like she's her muse.
Catherine Keener就像是Nicole的缪斯
Every good artist needs one.
每一位艺术家都需要一个缪斯
So, how was Juliet?
所以 Juliet是怎样的一个人
She's a drama queen,
她是个戏剧皇后
but let's not talk about her.
但是不要谈她了
Tonight is about you and me.
今晚属于你和我
And again, I am sorry we couldn't go back to my place.
还有 我很抱歉我们不能回我那里
My lazy landlord is finally fumigating.
我那个懒房♥东终于要熏蒸杀毒了
It's okay. I just hope that my mom doesn't come home.
没事儿 我就是希望我妈不会半路杀出来
Or actually, maybe I kind of do.
事实上,或许我在
Me on a date with a 23-year-old
和一个23岁的女人约会的事情
would so freak her out, and I'm kind of in the mood to freak her out.
真的能让她奔溃 而且我确实有点儿想吓一吓她
What if that's my mom? What if she left her keys?
如果这是我妈怎么办?如果她落下了钥匙怎么办?
Hide! I thought you didn't care.
躲起来! 我以为你不会在意的
Brenna, sweetie, hi.
Brenna 甜心 嗨
Uh... Really, Juliet?
额... 你在逗我,Juliet?
How did you know that Margo... ?
你是怎么知道Margo...?
We still follow each other on Place My Pals, obviously.
很明显 我们仍然用位置定位系统来找对方
And Gertrude wanted to see her mommy. So can we come in?
而且Gertrude想看它的麻麻 所以我们可以进来吗?
Look at this place, huh? Hi.
看这地方 哈? 嗨
Mr. Shaw? Ah. Isabelle, yes?
Shaw先生? 啊 Isabelle是吗?
Um, scotch for the lady, please. I hope that's okay.
嗯 请给这位小姐来一杯scotch(一种威士忌) 可以吧
Yeah. Mmm, scotch.
嗯 scotch
So, the assignment that you gave to us
所以 在今天下午的讨论会
in the seminar this afternoon, I found it so interesting...
你留给我们思考的课题 我发现那很有意思...
Writing a story, any genre, about losing your keys.
写一个主题为丢失钥匙题材任选的故事
I loved it.
我爱那个故事
And I can't wait to read it.
我等不及看那个故事了
I have to admit... I'm starstruck.
我不得不承认...我是个"追星族"
I'm so fascinated by your entire history...
我是如此的着迷于您的整个经历...
Growing up on a farm in Maine, paying your way through college at Bates,
在缅因州农场的成长 为您在贝茨上大学奠定了基础
and, as an aspiring writer myself,
还有 我作为一个有抱负的作家
how you held workshops with your other writer friends
为了互相帮助编辑写作,您是如何和您的其他作家朋友
to help edit each other. Ah yes,
办讲习会的 嗯 是的
our very own Bloomsbury group.
我们有一个叫做布卢姆斯伯的圈子
Those were the good old days...
那是美好的黄金岁月
Before ego and book sales intruded upon the fun.
在自负和销♥售♥量超越写作本身的乐趣之前
What impressive company, I mean,
多么令人印象深刻的文化圈子
you and Thomas Carver.
你和Thomas Carver
Not to speak ill of the dead, but Thomas Carver?
不是说死人的坏话 但是Thomas Carver?
What an ass. I thought you two were good friends.
真是个混♥蛋♥ 我以为你们两个是好朋友
Oh, well, once upon a time.
噢 好吧 曾几何时是的
Thomas and I had edited all of each other's writing
托马斯和我互相编辑过对方的所有作品
since we first met at the Tam in the '80s...
自从我们八十年代在Tam相遇
When we were both starting our careers.
那个时候我们都开始了自己的事业
Yes, we were best friends.
是 我们那时是最好的朋友
But the guy was shady.
但是他那人太阴暗了
Get this. Thomas had two families...
听着啊 托马斯有两个家庭
A legitimate one in Boston, a secret one in Florida
一个在波士顿合法的家庭 一个是在福罗里达州不为人所知的家庭
his wife didn't even know about.
她的妻子甚至都不知道这一切
Huh? And it gets worse.
啊?而且更糟糕的是
The year before he died, he went full-on Hemingway.
在他去世的前一年 他不管不顾去了海明威
Thomas Carver? Yes!
Thomas Carver? 是的!
I didn't see much of him, thank god, but when I did,
我不常见他 谢天谢地 但是但我看见他的时候
he was blowing money, drinking, painkillers.
他花钱如流水 酗酒 喝止痛药
The guy had demons even I find dark.
这个人在我找到黑暗之前内心早已成为了魔鬼
I'm sorry. Just excuse me for one second.
对不起 不好意思等我一下
No. Yes, of course. Take your time.
没事 好 当然 慢慢来
Hey. How you doing?
嘿 你怎么样?
It's terrible.
太糟糕了
And now I just... I feel so sick.
现在我 我感到很不舒服
I don't know what's worse... The clinical trial
我不知道什么更坏...是身体上的不适
or finding out that my dad was a jerk.
还是发现我爸其实是个混♥蛋♥
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
剧集 | 追寻人生(2014) | 导航列表