剧集 | 追寻人生(2014) | 导航列表
嘿 是我
I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about what happened on the trip.
我只是想跟你说 对于旅途上发生的事我感到很抱歉
I wasn't thinking, or I wasn't thinking about you.
我讲话没有过脑子 我没有考虑你的感受
I know you feel like I look down on your career,
我知道 你可能觉得我看轻你的事业
but that is so not true.
但是那不是真的
You are killing it at work and at life.
你无论在工作上还是生活上都是一把好手
And I realize just how brave you are
我意识到你是一个多么勇敢的人
for always doing that so fearlessly.
你总是无畏地去尝试
And I wanna do that now. So if you want...
我现在也想大无畏一次 如果你想...
Come in.
进来
Whoa. You're getting an early start.
喔 你今天起得挺早的
Yeah, I'm gonna go meet Ford to shoot our last scene.
是的 我要去见Ford 然后把我们最后一幕戏拍了
She's really excited about the partial nudity.
她对真空上阵感到很兴奋
Yeah, I'm sure.
是吧 肯定的
Brenna, you know that I've always tried to protect you
Brenna 你了解我一直全心全意想要保护你
from having to worry about adult issues, like family finances.
不想你受到成人问题的困扰 例如家庭财政状况
But you're 17 and I think that it's time
但是你已经17岁了 我觉得是时候
that I started treating you like more of an adult.
把你当作成人对待了
Right, okay.
嗯 好的
And part of that has to do
其中很重要的一个环节就是
with letting you in on what I'm dealing with.
让你了解我们需要面对的困境是什么
Can you please just stop for a second,
你可不可以停一下
and sit down? Okay.
坐下来? 好吧
Um, I'm sure you have some awareness
呃 你应该已经多少了解一些
of the fact that April's medical expenses are high,
April的医疗费用很高
and private school is a lot too.
私立学校的学费也很高
But, uh, I don't have the option to not pay for April's healthcare.
但是 呃 我必须支付April的医疗费用
So it recently became obvious to me
所以 很明显
that we're gonna have to make another sacrifice, as a family...
我们必须在这个选择上做一个决断
No. Brenna...
不要啊 Brenna...
You're making me leave Charton? I don't want to.
你是要我离开Charton学校吗? 我也不想的
Believe me, this is the last thing I want to do.
相信我 这是我最不愿意做的选择
So you just, you go ahead and make this decision without even asking me?
所以你就这样 连问都没问我就自作主张?
Wait, no, you did ask me, and I told you that I love school!
等等 不是的 你问过我这个问题 然后我告诉你我爱我的学校!
So why would you ask me if you didn't even care about my answer?
所以你压根不在乎我的回答是什么 干嘛还问我的意见?
I did care. It's just that...
我当然在乎 只是...
I was weighing my options. Brenna, we just
我必须有所权衡 Brenna
don't have the savings. So sell the house.
我们家没有积蓄了 那就把房♥子卖♥♥了啊
Oh, come on. Really? You expect me to uproot the entire family right now?
拜托不要这样 你认真的吗? 难道你希望我们全家四处飘泊?
What about my college fund? You're not even an adult yet.
那就用我的大学基金? 你还没成年
Okay, wait, so now I'm not an adult?
这下好 我又未成年了?
Over the next few years, you might change your mind about...
过几年你可能会改变你的想法...
So you still think that I'm going to college,
所以在我告诉你我不想上大学一万遍以后
after I told you a million times that I don't want to go!
你还是觉得我会去读大学!
Please, let me finish.
请听我讲完好吗
Even if you don't use that money for college,
即便你不把那笔钱用到大学花费上
I want you to have choices in your life.
我也希望你能在生活中有选择权
You're gonna change so much between now
等你长到April这么大的时候
and the time you're April's age.
你的想法♥会♥发生很多变化的
What if you want to travel? What if you want to make more of your short films?
如果你想去旅行? 如果你想制♥作♥更多短片?
It's my job to make sure that you have the resources
我的职责就是确保当你想做什么的时候 你有资源能去做
to grow and change. Whatever! All I do is change!
去成长 去改变 随你怎么说! 我总是在不停地改变
Because you always make me!
因为你逼着我做改变!
You took me out of public school and made me go to a prep school,
你要我从公立学校转到预科学校
where I didn't fit in with anyone,
当时我和他们格格不入
and now I finally do,
现在我终于开始适应了
and you're making me change my whole life again!
你又要在我生活里鼓捣出这些翻天覆地的变化
It's not fair. I know, Brenna, but...
这对我不公平 我知道 Brenna 但是...
Can you just... No, I have to go.
你能不能... 不 我要出去了
I have to go meet Ford and tell her that I probably
我现在去见Ford 然后告诉她
can't even enter this film festival.
我可能不能在学校呆到电影节了
So thanks for that too.
多亏了你的决定
Do you overreacting? You don't understand, Beth.
你反应过度了吧? Beth你不了解
The book is just really disturbing. Why?
这本书真是够了 怎么了?
Well, he calls it a novel,
这么说吧 他把它称之为小说
but so much of it is just his life.
但是其实大部分写的都是他的生活
It's about a man with two families.
这是关于一个有两个家庭的男人
A wife and two daughters in Rhode Island
一个妻子和两个女儿 生活在罗德岛
and a mistress and bastard daughter in south Carolina.
还有一个情妇和一个私生女 生活在南卡罗莱纳州
Well, I mean, a lot of writers write about what they know.
好吧 很多作者都会写他们生活中的事情啊
If anything, it just sounds like your dad wasn't that creative this time.
如果硬要说什么的话 可能你爹的情况在当今没这么特别
You know? He didn't bother to change the details that much.
懂吗? 不然他怎么连一点细节都懒得改
But if that's the case, it's even creepier.
这么说来 这件事愈加诡异了
In the book,
在书里
he talks about how he's planned his own death.
他讲述了他如何计划自己的死亡
It's fiction.
这是一部小说
But what if it's not?
如果这不仅仅是小说怎么办?
Hey, how were the tropics? Wow, you got a tan!
嗨 热带感觉怎么样啊? 噢 你晒黑了!
Yeah, I didn't wear enough sunscreen.
是啊 我没擦足防晒霜
But what's more cancer at this point?
还能变得更癌症一些不成
Mm. Funny cause it's true.
嗯 冷笑话真有趣
So I spoke to the company that runs the Selkin
我和Selkin组织的有关人员谈过了诊疗细节
trial and here's what we're gonna do.
接下来我们要做的是
First thing... Okay, wait. I, um,
第一... 等等 我 呃
actually found another one online
事实上我在网上找到了另一个
that I want to do. It's called the Leitenberg trial.
我想尝试的疗法 叫做艾森伯格疗法
I know we haven't talked about it, and it's much more innovative,
我知道我没跟你讨论过这个 但是艾森伯格疗法更为创新
but I want to attack this as aggressively as we can.
我想尽量尝试激进方法治疗
I get that.
了解
I just would prefer alater-phase trial at this point.
我只是觉得下一阶段再加以尝试比较好
Leitenberg doesn't have the same track record and the side effects could be...
艾森伯格疗法之前没有相似的病历 而且副作用很...
I know. I've read all about it.
我知道 我都已经了解了
And I totally respect your opinion,
我也尊重您的专业意见
but I know this is what I want to do.
但是我自己知道我的想法是怎样的
Well, then that's what we'll do.
那么 我们就这么做好了
We'll get your blood counts and get you on that list.
我们会抽取你的血液样本 然后将你排入候诊名单
-- Synced and corrected by ChrisKe --
剧集 | 追寻人生(2014) | 导航列表