剧集 | 追寻人生(2014) | 导航列表
and my symptoms are obviously getting impossible to hide.
而我的症状已经不可能掩饰下去了
What are you talking about?
你在说些什么?
Well, it turns out Lou Gehrig and I have a lot more in common
嗯 我发现跟 Lou Gehrig(美国著名棒球明星) 有很多共同点
than our love of baseball.
不仅仅是我们对棒球的热爱
A.L.S.? Are you saying, that you have...
肌萎缩侧索硬化症? 你是指 你也得了... ?
Yes.
是的
I have A.L.S.
我得了肌萎缩侧索硬化症
Yeah, but that's...
好的 但这病...
Incurable.
是不可治愈的
There's only one outcome...
得了这种病只有一个结果...
And it's coming.
而现在正发生在我身上
Which is why I need your help.
这就是为什么我需要你的帮忙
I want you to help me die.
我要你帮我死
Don't talk like that. You can...
不要这么说 你还可以...
Still live. You can have a productive life.
继续生存 你可以继续拥有高产的写作人生
And if I don't, you know what that looks like, I'm not gonna die like that.
但如果我没办法 你也知道这个病的症状 我不要那样死去
George, you are the only one I can count on.
George 你是我唯一的指望了
Please.
拜托
You need to talk to Sara.
你需要跟Sara 谈谈
No. I'm not gonna say anything to her or the girls.
不 我绝不会跟她或是孩子们谈论这件事
They'll just try to talk me out of it. This way...
他们只会试着要说服我 如果我自杀...
I can go out with some dignity intact.
我可以带着尊严离世
Dignity? Screw your dignity.
尊严? 去你♥妈♥的♥尊严
Your children need you. Your wife needs you...
你的孩子们需要你 你的妻子需要你...
If only for a... a finite time. How could you leave them before you have to?
尽管你的时间并不长 但你怎能在还活着的时候就先离开她们?
If not for yourself, you stay here.
这不是为了你自己 你应该留在这里
You stay with them...
陪伴他们...
Every second you have.
每分每秒
Do you hear me?
听懂了吗?
That's not possible.
那不可能
He wasn't an alcoholic, Sara.
Sara 他没有酒瘾
He went to rehab in Baltimore.
他去了 Baltimore 的戒酒中心
To see a specialist at Johns Hopkins...
看Johns Hopkins 医院的专家
Where he accepted...
在那里他发现
How debilitating his disease was.
他的疾病会让他十分虚弱
It is no way to die.
除了等死 没有办法
And still...
但...
He was telling me that he didn't want to suffer through that.
他还是告诉我他不想要经历这些
I thought I'd... I'd talked him out of it.
我以为 或许我可以... 可以试着说服他
What happened?
发生了什么?
Well, it was right before his 55th birthday,
嗯 就在他55岁生日前不久
and he invited me...
他邀请我...
Down to Florida for some golfing and...
南下去佛罗里达一起打高尔夫球和..
Fishing to celebrate.
钓鱼来庆祝生日
Natalie probably remembers some of this.
Natalie或许还记得一些
And, uh... and when I arrived, he again pleaded with me to help him...
然后... 当我到的时候 他又央求我帮他...
And nobody could know.
并要求我保密
His insurance policy was expiring when he was 55,
他的保险在55岁生日之后就要过期了
so he had to do it before his birthday.
所以他必须要在生日之前自杀
Otherwise he'd have to renew,
否则的话他就要续约
and then any physical he would take would reveal how sick he was,
到时候随便一个体♥检♥都可以检测出他已经病入膏肓了
and he wanted all of you to be taken care of.
他希望你们每一个人都可以过得好
And all he needed was my help.
而他唯一需要的只有我的帮助
You...
你...
You helped him kill himself?
你帮他自杀?
April...
April...
I promise you, there will be no more secrets left...
我答应你 我讲完之后
When I stop talking, okay?
就不会有任何秘密了 好吗?
I didn't agree with his plan.
我不同意他的计划
We fought about it,
我们为之争吵
but my God, he was... He was determined.
但 我的天啊 他...他真的下定决心了
He hopped in his car, and... and sped off,
他跳进车里 然后... 疯狂加速
and I got in my rental and I followed him,
我开着租来的车紧跟其后
cause I knew. I knew what he was...
因为我 我知道 他...
I tried to get him to pull over.
我试着让他靠边停车
We were racing in this...
我们一路狂飙到...
Ugh, this empty, open street a few miles outside of Key West.
一条空旷开阔 离Key West 几英里远的路口
We're driving along, and...
我们开着车 然后...
He looked over to me...
他转过头看着我...
And he gunned the accelerator,
他踩下油门
and I watched him as he swerved head on into a tree.
而我只能眼睁睁看着他突然转向迎头撞上一棵树
And, uh, I stopped...
然后 我停下车...
Ran over to him and he was, uh...
跑向他 他当时...
I mean, he was...
他当时...
You know, my brother was all...
你知道吗 我哥哥整个人...
He was broken. He was broken, and he was bleeding, and he was...
全身都多处骨折 他整个人都废了 浑身是血...
He was hurt pretty bad.
他伤的非常重
But he was still alive.
但他还活着
Barely.
仅存一口气
What did you do?
你做了什么?
I did nothing.
我什么也没做
I sat there...
我只是坐在那边...
And I held onto him
拥他入怀
until the end.
直到他死的那刻
But the police said...
但警♥察♥说...
I had to make absolutely certain that
我不得不尽全力让一切
it looked like just an accident.
看起来像意外一样
So I moved his body...
所以我把他的尸体移♥动♥到...
into the passenger seat
到副驾驶的座位
and I took a... a crowbar or something
然后拿了一个撬棍或随便我不知道什么东西
and I smashed the glass on the passenger side...
再把副驾驶座位的玻璃敲碎
And I dragged my hand, my arms, even my face in the gravel.
接着我拽着我的手 我的手臂 还有我的脸 到砂砾里
And I hid my rental car
把我的租来的车藏起来
and I reported the accident with myself as the driver.
最后我以驾驶的身份通告了事故
And...
而后...
I spent the last years
我花了几年的时间
trying... trying to put this behind me.
试着...试着遗忘这件事
Why did you do all this for him?
为什么你要为他做这些?
Why did you lie for him all these years?
为什么这些年来你要为了他说谎?
He's my big brother.
他是我哥哥
I'd do anything for him.
为了他我什么都做
I know it's not logical,
我知道这不合逻辑
but it's the truth.
但这就是真♥相♥
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
What you did was basically murder.
你做的这一切基本上就等同于谋杀
Well, some would say that I assisted...
有人会说我这是在...
With something that he wanted, but yeah... yeah, the law says it's murder.
帮助完成他想要的 但 是...是啊 法律角度来看这就是谋杀
Could you go to prison?
你会坐牢吗?
You should have told us.
你本应告诉我们
It's better that you didn't know.
如果你们不知道会更好
Because if the truth ever came out,
因为如果真♥相♥大白
then the insurance money
那么Thomas费尽一切
that Thomas was so adamant you receive would be gone.
要确保你们拿到的保险金也会被收回
The money for this house, for medical care.
你们的房♥租 医保
We never got any of that money.
我们从来就没拿到那笔钱
Why is that?
为什么?
I don't know.
我不知道
I never wanted any of you to find out.
我从未想要你们发现这件事
Because I've been carrying this secret for so long...
因为我已经知道这个秘密很久...
And now it's your secret to carry, too.
但现在你们也要一起承受了
# Where did I begin #
# 从何开始 #
# turning through the pages #
# 我翻遍书籍 #
# but I don't know what I've read #
# 但却不知所读何物 #
# my tread is wearing thin #
# 我步履蹒跚 #
# everything's familiar #
# 一切如此熟悉 #
# but I don't know who I am #
# 但却不知身在何处 #
Yeah, thanks for letting me crash at your place.
谢谢你让我借宿
Last night was insane.
昨晚太疯狂了
Can't believe I got wasted in front of your mom and uncle.
我没办法相信我居然在你妈跟叔叔面前喝醉了
A lot of things happened last night that I can't believe.
昨晚发生了很多我无法相信的事
剧集 | 追寻人生(2014) | 导航列表