Yeah, they're part of the summer exchange program
他们是哈德森大学暑期交换项目的
at Hudson University. Why? No reason.
交换生 怎么了 没什么
Anyway, none of them own a dark sedan,
总之 他们都没有黑色轿车
and seeing as how they all went out partying
而且看起来罗杰刚把假身份证交给他们
the moment Roger dropped off the IDs,
他们就都去参加派对了
it's doubtful any of them are our killer.
我想他们都不是凶手
You actually think he was being followed?
你真的认为他被跟踪了吗
Well, he calls at 11:30 and then just before he's shot.
11:30打电♥话♥ 不久后他就中枪了
His car is damaged. He runs on foot into the park.
车子坏了 他徒步跑进公园
Sounds to me like he was running away.
感觉上他是想找一个藏身之处
But from whom?
问题是躲谁呢
Well, as much as I'd like to help you run down
虽然我也很想帮你
every dark sedan in the city,
查遍本市所有的黑色轿车
I have a poker game to host.
但我要主持一场扑克游戏
See you in the morning.
明早见
See ya.
再见
So... Castle's last case, huh?
这是卡塞尔的最后一案
Ryan and I thought we'd do a little going away party.
我和莱恩想为他办场小型欢送会
Yeah. Well, it's not like he's leaving forever.
他又不是一去不返
You sure about that?
你真这么想吗
Why do you think he's been following you around all this time?
他一直围着你转是为了什么
What, research?
为了做调查吗
The guy has done enough research to write 50 books.
他的调查够他写五十本书
Look... whatever the reason is, I'm pretty sure
听着 不管理由是什么 我敢肯定
it doesn't include watching you be with another guy.
当中不包括看着你和别的男人在一起
A murder in the middle of a spy game
间谍游戏中发生谋杀案
where nobody knows what's going on?
没人知道来龙去脉
I like that.
合我口味
The Ukrainians are a nice twist.
乌克兰人是一个很妙的转折
So we've explained the money,
现在赃银
the gadgets and the briefcase.
小玩意和公文包都解释得通
The only thing we can't explain--why was he killed?
唯一解释不通的是 他为何被杀
Maybe that's because you're looking in the wrong place.
或许是你们查错方向了
All right, Patterson. Where would you look?
帕特森 那你会从哪方面去查
If I was writing this,
如果我是作者
the murder would have nothing to do with the spy game
谋杀案和间谍游戏其实完全无关
except that it gave the killer an opportunity to act.
实际上游戏本身为凶手提供了行凶的机会
Knowing that the trappings of the game would cover his tracks.
因为游戏情节能完美掩藏他的行踪
Which is pretty much what's happened.
大概就是这套路
Look, Rick, as much trouble as we go to with these novels,
里克 不管我们多费心去构思小说
there's only three reasons to commit a murder--
能使人杀人 就只有三种原因
Love, money and to cover up a crime. Cannell's right.
爱情 金钱和掩盖罪行 科奈尔说得对
I'd spend more time looking at your victim
我会花更多时间调查被害人
and less time looking at the game.
而不是调查这个游戏
Personally, I'd spend more time writing
个人而言 我会多花点时间写作
and less time hanging out with your cop friend.
而不是跟着警♥察♥朋友东奔西跑
I mean, really, Ricky, just one book a year?
里奇 说真的 一年只出一本书
Kinda thin, Rick.
里克 真有点少
She seems like more of a distraction than a muse.
比起为你提供灵感 她更能让你分心
No, you're right.
你们说得对
I think I've gotten everything I can get
我想我从这段关系中
out of that relationship anyway.
已经得到了我想要的一切
Hey. You ready?
可以走了吗
Hey. Hey.
早 早
I was just thinking...
我刚刚在想...
May Yeah.
可以坐下吗 坐吧
I've been thinking...
我一直在想
maybe we're looking in the wrong place.
我们可能查错方向了
Maybe the murder has nothing to do with the game.
谋杀案可能和游戏完全无关
Maybe it just afforded the killer an opportunity to act.
游戏只是为凶手提供了一个行凶的机会
That's so f-funny,
真是太巧了
because I was thinking the same thing
因为今天一早起来
when I woke up this morning,
我也一直在想这事
that maybe we got so caught up in the game
可能我们过于关注游戏这条线
that we stopped looking at what really mattered.
而忽略了至关重要的线索
The victim.
被害人
Exactly. So check this out.
正是 看看这个
His financials came back clean.
他的财政状况很正常
But then we did a search on
后来我们调查了
his business partner, Lee Copley,
他的合伙人李·科普里
and it turns out that he filed for bankruptcy two months
发现他两个月前申请了破产
ago overextended himself in real estate.
他以房♥地♥产♥抵押也还不清
Let me guess, if Roger dies,
我猜猜 若罗杰死了
his half of the business goes to Copley.
他拥有的那一半公♥司♥财产就归科普里了
Over half a million dollars worth.
价值超过五十万美元
His wife did say, the only two people who knew
他妻子说过 知道罗杰在市区的
Roger was in the city were her and Copley.
就她和科普里两个人
And guess what Copley drives.
猜猜科普里开的什么车
A dark Sedan?
黑色轿车
Roger was my friend. We grew up together.
罗杰是我的朋友 我们一起长大
Why would I kill him?
我为什么要杀他
I can give you half a million reasons why.
我可以告诉你"五十万"个理由
What, because I'm having financial problems?
怎么 就因为我面临财政问题吗
Because we just happen to own a business together?
就因为我们恰好一起做生意
Greed, Mr. Copley. It's the purest motive there is.
因为贪婪 科普里先生 那是最单纯的动机
Oh, this is ridiculous.
简直太荒谬了
Where were you the night
罗杰·法瑞戴遇害那晚
that Roger Farraday was murdered?
你在哪儿
I was home in bed.
我在家睡觉
Really? Then do you care to explain these?
是吗 那你能解释下这个吗
These are photos of you leaving your apartment garage
这些照片是那晚八点
at 8:00 the night that he was murdered.
你离开公♥寓♥车♥库♥时拍到的
And these are photos of you returning
而这些是你第二天早上七点
the following morning at 7:00 a.m.
返回时的照片
Kind of blows a hole in your whole "Home in bed" thing.
"在家睡觉"算是露馅了
You lied to me, Mr. Copley.
你撒谎了 科普里先生
Do you care to revise your statement?
想要更改你的证词吗
8:00 p.m. That's plenty of time
晚上八点 你有足够的时间
to drive to the city from Stamford.
从斯坦福开车过来
What did you do, Lee?
你干了些什么 李
Wait for him at the hotel, follow him till he was alone?
在旅馆守候 跟踪 直到他落单
No, I didn't. And then you used the game as cover.
不 我没有 然后拿游戏当幌子
No. Look, I swear, I didn't do it.
不 听我说 我发誓 不是我♥干♥的
Right. You were at home in bed.
是啊 你"在家睡觉"呢
No, I wasn't... at home, but I was in bed...
不 我不在家 但我确实在睡觉
With his wife.
和他老婆一起
I'm sorry. What?
抱歉 你说什么
I was in bed with Roger's wife.
我和罗杰的老婆睡在一起
Let me-- let me get this straight.
我再确认一下
You-your alibi for killing your friend is you were
你的不在场证据是 你在和
doing his-- his wife?
朋友的老婆上♥床♥
Yeah.
是的
What? You want me to say I'm sorry?
怎么 你想让我认错吗
You want me to be embarrassed? I'm not.
想让我觉得难堪吗 我才不会
Do you know how long it had been since Roger and I made love?
你知道我和罗杰有多久没做♥爱♥了吗
All he cared about was work and his extreme vacations.
他只关心工作和那个破游戏
So, yeah, I was seeing Lee.
没错 我是在和李幽会
Yeah, I was with him that night.
那晚我确实和他在一起
Well, if things were that bad, why not just get a divorce?
既然婚姻那么糟糕 为什么不离婚呢
Are you serious? My house is too nice.
你说笑吧 我可舍不得我的房♥子
I can see why Roger needed a little extra fantasy in his life.
难怪罗杰要找点别的乐子了
I talked to the wife's neighbors.
我问过他妻子的邻居了
A few of them remember Lee's car outside
有几个人见到李的车
the house that night. Well, that doesn't mean anything.
那晚停在她家外面 那也不能说明什么啊
The guy runs an auto dealership.
那家伙是个汽车经销商
He could've just switched cars.
他可以中途换车
True, except it was a warm night,
没错 但那天晚上很热
Warm enough to leave the windows open. Oh, no.
热到必须开窗 不会吧
Oh, yes. The next-door neighbor distinctly remembers
错不了 她隔壁的邻居清楚地记得
hearing the sounds of loud, passionate lovemaking
听到从她卧室的窗户传来的
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表